• 60 results
A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By A_FINE_EDITION

The official trailer for this new series has released.

As well as more information about the show on the official Star Wars website, and an interview with Leslye Headland for the Hollywood Reporter. There are also some posters, one of which they dropped yesterday.

So far, I'm cautiously optimistic. The anti-Jedi sentiment I was worried there'd be doesn't really come across in the trailer. Still, it's early and the show hasn't come out yet, so I'm not holding my breath. The interview with Headland talks about how the Jedi will still be the good guys, which gives me some hope. In the meantime, there's some neat hand-to-hand fight choreography with some talented actors experienced in that area, so hopefully that can translate to Lightsaber combat. Plus we get some yellow Lightsabers in live-action actually in action instead of being turned on for a second. Another Wookie Jedi is always cool, the Headland interview makes note that they didn't utilize The Volume at all (which I think is a plus). I'm also kinda surprised that it looks like some Dark Sider is gonna 1v8 a bunch of Jedi. Here's hoping it's Tenebrous lol.

No Caption Provided

Also, I can't be the only one who thinks this planet looks like Ahch-To from TLJ, right?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Anyway, these are just some preliminary thoughts I had. Let me know what you all think!

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SonOfDarkness

I really hope whoever is 1v8ing those Jedi isn’t just some new inexperienced Mary sue character, and actually an experienced and powerful dark side master (like Darth Plagueis or Tenebrous… but not going to get my hopes up for them).

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The show seems interesting but I’m not getting my hopes up too much.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SonOfDarkness

Just read the article you linked on the SW website, it sounds like the director was a fan of Star Wars growing up and has even included some legends lore in the show. That’s good. I’m tired of them hiring people who don’t give a f—- about Star Wars and know nothing about the lore.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sonofdarkness:

I really hope whoever is 1v8ing those Jedi isn’t just some new inexperienced Mary sue character, and actually an experienced and powerful dark side master (like Darth Plagueis or Tenebrous… but not going to get my hopes up for them).

I kinda doubt it's Mae (the assassin character) because she seems like she's barely able to fight Jedi 1-on-1 while they're not even using their Lightsabers. I don't think they'd give her that much of a boost. I am hoping it's at the very least a genuine Sith Lord, even if they don't bring Tenebrous or Plagueis over from Legends.

Just read the article you linked on the SW website, it sounds like the director was a fan of Star Wars growing up and has even included some legends lore in the show. That’s good. I’m tired of them hiring people who don’t give a f—- about Star Wars and know nothing about the lore.

I wouldn't get too excited based on that. Leslye Headland is already kind of controversial for certain statements she's made, and even regarding her connections within Hollywood. I do think the interview and the content within assuages some of my worries, but I'm also wondering if I should even take her at her word.

The show seems interesting but I’m not getting my hopes up too much.

Pretty much my thoughts. Although I do think there's some genuine promise.

SunshineDobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_fine_edition:

I kinda doubt it's Mae (the assassin character) because she seems like she's barely able to fight Jedi 1-on-1 while they're not even using their Lightsabers. I don't think they'd give her that much of a boost. I am hoping it's at the very least a genuine Sith Lord, even if they don't bring Tenebrous or Plagueis over from Legends.

It's not Mae, it's this character:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You can see that the robe is the same. It's also obviously not Mae since she's in the foreground.

There's a leak of the actor playing the character, which doesn't give me Sith Lord vibes. If I had to guess I'd say they're the apprentice of the current Sith Lord.

We'll see though, I'm excited.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good trailer. Like most I’m cautiously optimistic. These D+ STAR WARS series are hit and miss. For every Mando S1/S2 and Andor, we also get a Book of Boba Fett and Obi Wan, with Ashoka and Bad Batch kinda in the middle of not being great but not necessarily bad either. I’m hoping this hits on the high side and is more Mando S1/S2 and Andor level, but not getting my hopes up. I am glad to finally, MAYBE, getting something different and separate from Skywalker era content too

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoda would get thrashed by most of these new characters imo

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthor: ??? What even makes you say that?

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The Yoda slander smh

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@straight-fire: fr. I'm really not even sure what prompted it lmao. Just came out of nowhere. Yoda doesn't even show up in the trailer, and none of the Jedi in the trailer have showcased any feats to make them notably impressive, or even to make them not look like fodder when they all get blasted away by some as-of-yet unknown character. Besides, Yoda is still held in extremely high regard during this era, even with some supposedly stiff competition from other Masters and even other Grandmasters. I highly doubt the main cast of the series are within his tier. The only potential candidate might be Vernestra, but it doesn't seem like she'll really be doing much in the show.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@a_fine_edition: Seems like it was an attempt to rile up Yoda fans. Nothing shown in that trailer suggests those characters would beat Maul, let alone Yoda LMAO.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunshinedobbs: ah crap, I must've misremembered what Headland said completely. Didn't know it was her wife either lol. But yeah, no idea where this "they can all beat Yoda" wank comes from. Vern does seem to be shaping up to be what I'd imagine as maybe an Aayla Secura or even a Qui-Gon type. They're powerful but not too powerful, even though it refers to her as one of the strongest in this period. Hell, I could probably see her being portrayed as top-tier material. Still not sure they'd make her Yoda tier though.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@straight-fire: fr. Yoda feels largely still and unwavering regarding his placement within the verse, and he's still a legendary figure during this era. I wouldn't even put my money on any of these mooks beating Ventress as of now. And I'm talking like, early-war Ventress. Or season 1 Anakin. Hell, probably not even AotC Anakin. All we've seen is 2 of them do some h2h against an assassin, where they looked somewhat superior and nonchalant about it. Master Sol also pulled a Force-calm I guess on that one guy. But seriously, beyond that there's very little to go on other than the Masters are held in high regard, and frankly that's true of pretty much any Master by virtue of merely earning the title. Hell, I heard a rumor or leak that Master Indara doesn't even wield a Lightsaber and prefers martial arts.

SunshineDobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_fine_edition: Yeah we'll have to wait for the show to see how powerful she's actually portrayed.

Hell, I heard a rumor or leak that Master Indara doesn't even wield a Lightsaber and prefers martial arts.

I don't think that's true considering the D+ banner:

No Caption Provided

Tbh the one who impressed me the most in the trailer is the dark sider with their big Force push at the end. I don't think we've seen any other Force user push that many other FUs at once. Certainly not in Live Action.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By A_FINE_EDITION

@sunshinedobbs:

I don't think that's true considering the D+ banner:

No Caption Provided

Damn, I cannot stop getting corrected lol.

Tbh the one who impressed me the most in the trailer is the dark sider with their big Force push at the end. I don't think we've seen any other Force user push that many other FUs at once. Certainly not in Live Action.

Yeah, that is really interesting. It makes me think that we probably will see a real Sith Lord in action. We definitely haven't seen someone do that in live action before. The closest I can think of is Sidious blitzing Windu's team. I can't really recall any real instance in animation either. There was like maybe one showing in a recent comic with Luke, but beyond that, nothing that comes to mind. Really interested to see who this character is. I was hoping we might get Darth Tenebrous adapted back into canon, but I know that's probably very wishful thinking. He's always struck me as a very cool-looking character though.

Avatar image for poedameronsbutt
Poedameronsbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthor: None of these characters even look like they are stronger than TCW Jobbers and somehow you came to the conclusion that they Beat Yoda? This site is a comedy show.

Poedameronsbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really Hope this show doesn’t contradict the whole: “I Thought the Sith were extinct?” Concept in the prequels.

CosmiComic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CosmiComic

@poedameronsbutt:

I figured that when I heard the overused term "Mary Sue" 🙄

Trailer doesn't explain a lot but looks cool so I'm interested

Also the bad guy isn't necessarily a Sith

Poedameronsbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poedameronsbutt:

I figured that when I heard the overused term "Mary Sue" 🙄

Trailer doesn't explain a lot but looks cool so I'm interested

Also the bad guy isn't necessarily a Sith

Well don’t know until we see it.

CosmiComic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CosmiComic
joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No I am late to post but this looks good it looks damn good but Disney StarWars been hit or miss for a lot of the time so I won’t drink the koolaid this time and will wait and see but first trailer caught my interest

Avatar image for wordsbeyondfic0
WordsBeyondFic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have high hopes, Disney has had a bunch of misses lately.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poedameronsbutt: I'm sure it'll be explained away by having all the Jedi involved either killed, separated from the galaxy and the Order as a whole, or otherwise incapable of revealing the information. I really don't think they'd be that dumb to have the Jedi Order be aware of a Sith-like incident only a century before the films and still be completely dismissive of the possibility of the Sith's return. A significant number of Council members in the Prequels are alive and on the Council during this time (Yoda, Yaddle, Yarael Poof, Oppo Rancisis) and I refuse to believe they'd be complicit in hiding the Sith's resurgence from their fellow Jedi. That would be complete and utter betrayal of those characters, particularly Yoda. Then again, who knows? I think I read a rumor that Headland wanted to include Yoda in a certain way and was in some way shut down.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wolfrazer

@a_fine_edition: I mean TCW had Yoda knowing about the Jedi being killed in those visions he had of Order 66 and did nothing, wouldn't surprise me that the Jedi just don't do anything here either. Even IF not a Sith, that's still should bring up a possibility that some kind of Dark Force User is about, because all those Jedi dying should raise some red flags at the least.

Well that is if the Jedi do indeed die, for all we know, the Dark person could just run away after whirling up that dust storm or whatever. Or it's some kind of trap.

Still seeing the trailer, looks...eh. Honestly from what I heard of the interviews about this show, but maybe that's changed, though wouldn't doubt it. I won't be watching it frankly.

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good imo

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Eredin12  Online
cj_the_dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m hoping this hits on the high side and is more Mando S1/S2 and Andor level, but not getting my hopes up.

The idea of Mando S1/S2 and Andor being on the same level is ridiculous. The latter is actually good... the former isn't.

Avatar image for pedrolopesmateus
PedroLopesMateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: I hope this turns out to be a legitimately great show, since Andor Season 2 was postponed to 2025 and TBB Final Season has only been ok thus far.

Avatar image for pedrolopesmateus
PedroLopesMateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: Also, I don't expect much from Skeleton Crew since Filoni is heavily involved. His work is way too mediocre.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: I mean, what was Yoda really meant to do about that? Regardless, they'll still have to play this very carefully imo. You're right though, that's like 8 Jedi right there. If they all die under super suspicious circumstances without some sort of alternate explanation to assuage the Jedi, I'm not sure how this'll work within continuity.

I can understand not watching it. I probably still will personally. This has me intrigued enough to give it a chance, even if I think it's more than likely I'll end up disappointed or even angered.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks promising, and I'm pretty excited for it!

Especially since so many anti-feminists are going to hate it :)

Avatar image for jedisympathiz3r
JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting…

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Eredin12  Online

@pedrolopesmateus: Wait Andor was actually postponed? That sucks, but yea I hope it ends up being good as I do not have much expectations from Filoni either.

MakeorBreakit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m hoping this hits on the high side and is more Mando S1/S2 and Andor level, but not getting my hopes up.

The idea of Mando S1/S2 and Andor being on the same level is ridiculous. The latter is actually good... the former isn't.

Mando S1 had a strong foundation but it really wasn't the gritty western Filoni and Favreau promised it would be initially. S2 was just a greatest hits compilation with all those damn cameos. Didn't bother with S3 but I didn't hear great things about it. Unfortunately the show lost it's identity and spiralled into a rather strange direction. Doesn't Jack Black show up in a goofy costume at one point?

Avatar image for deactivated-65ffa05299db8
deactivated-65ffa05299db8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SunshineDobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigj34:

BIG SPOILERS FOR THE SHOW:

Manny Jacinto, we see a shot of his face in the trailer:

No Caption Provided

It's not too subtle because he's the only one of the main cast who's character hasn't been revealed to be Force sensitive, and his character description is vague.

There's actual leaks saying he's the Sith Lord too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

macattack1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks ok, not really hyped for it yet though I’ll just remain neutral and hope it doesn’t disappoint. Jedi / force user action is always nice to see more of in live action though, so I hope they do it well.

RockSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Random Yoda dissing is hilarity.

Pizzagod342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this prequel/clone war era or high republic?

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pizzagod342: High Republic, specifically 100 years before TPM.

Supreme101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

more than 100k+ dislikes sheesh

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Wolfrazer

@supreme101: It doesn’t bode well, honestly kudos for you folks being optimistic and finding this interesting because I sure as heck can’t be.

The whole thing of SW is good vs evil and this show is making it “it’s about power “ nonsense and how it’s wielded and who has it…at least that’s what I got from this trailer.

SunshineDobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supreme101: Maybe, but not really? The Return Youtube Dislike extrapolates from data it only collects from its users:

No Caption Provided

It has 4 million overall users:

No Caption Provided

While Youtube has 2.7 billion:

No Caption Provided

So ~0.148% of Youtube users have the addon.

Which means that only ~12,000 addon users should have watched the trailer.

When looking at engagement rate for Star Wars trailer (Excluding The Acolyte):

No Caption Provided

It's on average ~1.91%.

Which would mean about 229 users of the addon should have like or disliked the video.

Obviously, it seems like it's probably too low of a number since individual votes don't seem to influence the showed count on their own. But already that could be an indicator of brigading.

Let's see what's the likes only engagement rate on the trailer:

No Caption Provided

It's ~2% with the likes alone, so more than average.

No SW Trailer has had an higher engagement rate than 3.5% (Andor and The Mandalorian S3), so the dislikes can't really be more than 1.5% of the views to not break the stats. That would be 123k dislikes. Still higher than 100k, but not 361k like the addon is showing. Which obviously is not real when looking at it with the other stats:

No Caption Provided

There's some obvious botting/brigading of the addon, which is easy to do considering the low number of users it has.

Also obvious when looking at the comments lol:

No Caption Provided