Star Wars(EU/Legends): Shadow Guard respect thread!

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer
No Caption Provided

========

Sourcebook quotes

Near the end of the Clone Wars, Sidious orders Asajj Ventress with eliminating the order. Of the Sun Guards she spares, some join Emperor Palpatine's Royal Guard. Force Sensitive Sun Guards become candidates for the Imperial Shadow Guard.

- Taken from Galaxy at War

At the end of the Clone Wars, surviving Force Sensitive Sun Guards are candidates to be Shadow Guardsmen. Sun Guards being lethal combatants, who can go toe to toe with Mandalorians and win. They are also chosen from Palpatine's Royal Guardsmen, those who show a good degree of Force Sensitivity.

Employed almost exclusively by the Emperor's Shadow Guard, an elite cadre of Force Wielding Royal Guards, the lightsaber pike resembles a primitive polearm in many respects. The long handle of the weapon is made out of phrik alloy.

- Taken from Force Unleashed Campaign Guide

An elite cadre of Force Users, they wield phrik alloy lightsaber polearms.

Silent, enigmatic warriors who received orders from Emperor Palpatine directly, they were sent to eliminate suspected Jedi and other Force Users.

- Taken from Complete Encyclopedia

Sent to eliminate Jedi and Force Users, although suspected is in there, they are more than capable of taking on Jedi.

Link:Jedi Knight

^ To get an idea of what the Shadow Guard might be sent after.

No Caption Provided

Force Power Mastery of Force Lighting.

The Shadow Guards are Force-sensitive warriors who possess even more power than Palpatine's renowned and feared Imperial Royal Guard. Fighting with the skill of a Jedi, each Shadow Guard wields a lightsaber lance to lead elite Imperial commandos into battle.

- Star Wars Collection Figurines: Shadow Guard

They possess more power than the Imperial Royal Guard, fighting with the skill of a Jedi Knight.

Link: Imperial Royal Guard

^ To give an idea of who they are superior to.

No Caption Provided

They know Force Harmony, which is a pretty potent ability. Though it's a little odd that they know this ability, but at the same time I guess it's for when they might come across another Dark Side Force User. At least that's how I can see it being useful.

Novel quotes

The apprentice's blade came up of its own accord. Moving in extreme slow motion, as though the air were made of treacle, he deflected volley after volley from the blasters back at the troopers who fired them. They staggered and fell with smoke pouring from shoulder and neck joints. Their cries barely registered.

The black guard deflected every bolt he sent his way.

- Taken from TFU novel

Able to deflect volley of blaster bolts.

He broke off communications to block a downward slash that almost knocked him flat. Glancing around for Kota, he was relieved to see that the general was nowhere nearby. Now he could summon the full power of the dark side. Drawing on the sense of betrayal and shock he had felt on seeing the figure waiting for him-this deadly, dark assassin who might or might not have something to do with Darth Vader-he pushed with all his might.

His ears rang, such was the energy he released. The dock buckled underneath him; rivets popped and welds tore. His assailant went flying across the wide space, arms spread wide apart. The saber-staff cut a long, twisting line in the metal floor as its owner rolled and came up standing.

- Taken from TFU novel

Nearly knocked Galen flat with a downward slash and withstands a full powered Force Push from Galen, sending him flying back but being able to roll and stand.

A bolt of Sith lightning shot from the hand not holding the staff. The apprentice grinned, having anticipated that tactic. He met the lightning bolt with one of his own. They collided in a spit-ling, tackling ball of pure energy that danced crazily from side to side.

- Taken from TFU novel

Showing of Force Lighting, colliding with Galen's own.

Out of the cloud of metal fragments leaped a second of the Emperor's Sith assassins, saber-staff upraised. The apprentice met him with a clash of sparks and lightning.

Sith against Sith, they fought backward and forward through the broad, metal-lined space. This assassin was more proficient than the first, wiry and strong with a good reach and penchant for telekinetically throwing items from inside the apprentice's blind spot.

- Taken from TFU novel

Able to throw objects using TK and able to combat Galen back and forth.

Gifs

No Caption Provided

Showing the use of Force Push and blocking Force Push.

No Caption Provided

Showing of Force Grip.

No Caption Provided

Able to TK and throw objects.

No Caption Provided

Showing of Force Lighting

Gifs 2

No Caption Provided

Catches Galen off guard, sending him flying with a Force Push.

No Caption Provided

Able to briefly restrain Galen with The Force before getting launched away by Force Repulse.

No Caption Provided

Catches Galen off guard again, blasting him with Force Lighting, stunning him for a moment.

No Caption Provided

Able to use Force Maelstrom, this being a pretty formidable combination of Force Bubble, TK and Force Lightning.

Comic Scans

Able to catch Galen by surprise, launching him back and blocking return blows while using the advantage of weapon reach to land an attack.

======

Anyway a short respect thread yes, but the Shadow Guards were one of the more awesome things that TFU came up with.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: terrible you're using a force user!!! XD

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Ik and there all trash! Xd jk, but seriously every time u bring up a minor character i honestly wish there was more info on them, because there is some amazing characters out there that get no spot light at all man and it sucks.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

lol I believe there was a scene in the novel where a Shadow Guard briefly assumed the advantageous position over Galen Marek in a duel.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wolfrazer

@killerwasp: I know right?

@shootingnova: What's so funny? :P I'm not seeing the scene, but regardless the Shadow Guards did well contending with Galen.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@wolfrazer: It's just pretty stupid that they can last like that.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: /Shrug

I'm not seeing any issue really, they are clearly capable in combat. Abit moreso melee wise than Force, but still they aren't terrible.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ah I didn't see this in my notifications. Yeah, these guys are extremely cool. So cool I may feature them in a thread some time soon..

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah I didn't see this in my notifications. Yeah, these guys are extremely cool. So cool I may feature them in a thread some time soon..

Ooo...color me interested.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By WollfMyth209

Nicely done.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28
deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good thread!

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jedisympathiz3r
JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Nice work, please tag for any and all SW RTs

firefly489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good job

Avatar image for redsithdisciple
RedSithDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The OG Inquisitorius, nice

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redsithdisciple: Well the OG Inquisitorius is the Inquisitorius. The EU had it too and honestly far bette, I made them a RT too.

@mr-yes Noted