Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Krasny

Seems brutal

55% on RT

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_rise_of_skywalker/

Negative reviews all over from the big media outlets.

Jermey says its the worst film of all the nine movies of the skywalker saga. And Mary Sue is supposedly really op. Says this movies break a lot of the rules and lore. It goes for a Micheal Bay type of big flash more than substance.

WakeUpSid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott Mendelson blamed the fans for doing so. While I do believe that this new Trilogy had no plans at all , I do kind of agree or with his statement , or ,at least , do understand where he is coming from. The filmmakers were heckled and bullied by a significant portion of the fanbase and they had to course correct the Sequel Trilogy .

While the Last Jedi did disrespect , unintentionally , the mythology in some ways , it was a pretty good film on its own . But , the Rise of Skywalker undoes many things from it. And so , now , neither the people who enjoyed the Last Jedi nor those who didn't are satisfied .

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This pretty much confirms my suspicion that Disney is bankrupt after the failture of Captain Marvel. They can't even afford to pay Critics. I hope WB buys Disney and let Zach Synder reboot MCU.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, the fans are to blame LOL.

I'm still very much looking forward to seeing this next week, so will hold on further comments.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This pretty much confirms my suspicion that Disney is bankrupt after the failture of Captain Marvel. They can't even afford to pay Critics. I hope WB buys Disney and let Zach Synder reboot MCU.

That's the most random comment of all time.

Boby501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stopped caring after the last one god was it boring af.

ZR2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ZR2011

I’m excited. Don’t care about the reviews. Everybody who cries Mary Sue is just being whiny because they feel threatened. There are many male characters in multiple franchises who are inexplicably and naturally gifted and nobody says anything. I get that there are likely plot issues and those are very legitimate.

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As expected lol

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0874809400
deactivated-5ea0874809400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr2011:

The first time she picked up a lightsaber she held her own against a Sith Apprentice... and then matched him in the force in The Last Jedi.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried to remain cautiously optimistic. I guess that was a waste.

When John Campea gave this a negative review, I knew it wouldn't be good.

Loading Video...

John Campea, the man who liked Game of Thrones season 8, didn't like this movie, I gave up almost all hope for it.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I heard it tries to course correct Last Jedi, which the critics loved. So makes sense they're disappointed. I'm guessing this'll be something the fans enjoy more than the critics.

Ah, who am I kidding. Fan base will be split as usual. Can't please everyone.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

@crater_maker: She also flew the Falcon perfectly despite never piloting a ship before.

Even forgetting her unexplainable great showings (matching with the force is more to do with her raw power and talent so that’s fine for me), she’s more of a Mary Sue from a narrative and character perspective. A good character has flaws and their journey should show growth and them overcoming/dealing with their flaws but Rey doesn’t have any at all and that’s more of why she’s a Sue.

To be honest, saying the Sue comments aren’t valid and people feel threatened is so clearly inane given she’s pretty much the perfect fit for a Mary Sue in recent memory.

Bringing up naturally gifted male characters nobody complains about isn’t a counter-argument either since they are flawed characters. Anakin’s the Chosen One who excels in all aspects of his training and had the potential to be the most powerful force user ever however he had darkness in his heart, conflict etc Luke was naturally gifted but still had proper training and instruction and his flaws were being immature in situations, whiny, dealing with the darkness inside him in ROTJ and overcoming it etc

The only thing suggesting a flaw in Rey is the tease of her dark side but that’s not good enough from a character perspective and hasn’t been expanded on enough.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14 socajunkie  Moderator

But anyway, I don’t care about the reviews, I’m not a hardcore Star Wars nut so I’ll just be watching it for the feats and to see how the saga ends.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I watched Grace Randolph’s review this morning, too and she echoed one thing that the first half stuffs too much into it as the movie tries to recover from the Last Jedi. She emphasized that it’s really apparent that the latest trilogy had no outline for it as a whole, so it comes across as a convoluted mess. I remember way back before The Force Awakens hearing that the plan was to do three separate, unrelated movies. Then I heard that because Rey, Finn and Po were so popular they rewrote The Last Jedi to include them. In other words, this series has lacked focus since the get-go.

I will still see it this weekend, but my expectations are much lower. Solo level low.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not surprising to see critics going all out against this movie. From what I have learned through trailers, it would rather be a fan service film more than a Star Wars film. Still optimistic about this movie to be rather good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing it tomorrow wasnt s big fan of the leaks but just gonna go and enjoy a new film without thinking one way or the other until its finished.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, this will be fun

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

Essem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is one particular money shot that people on here will like. As for the movie ehh.. It just didnt hit me the way it tried too..

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 killbilly  Moderator

While the Last Jedi did disrespect , unintentionally , the mythology in some ways , it was a pretty good film on its own . But , the Rise of Skywalker undoes many things from it. And so , now , neither the people who enjoyed the Last Jedi nor those who didn't are satisfied .

No it wasn't. Visually, it looked good. But the plot had more holes than Blackburn, Lancashire.

ZR2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crater_maker: First time Cap had Thor’s powers he beat the hell out of Thanos.

She’s trained with her wooden staff for her whole life, she can obviously use a weapon. The Lightsaber, like Thor’s hammer, was just a massive upgrade of gear onto someone who had a great, base skill set

Anakin had lots of raw power and ability

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunate.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, looks like the extra material like the games, comics, novels, and TV Shows are better than the films right now...

WakeUpSid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingofwakanda: The fan base will dislike this more than the Last Jedi . Just look at Tyrone Magnus . 😂

WakeUpSid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr2011: Thing is , Cap had proper resources to train with and had been in countless battles . Rey was a plain scavenger .

I would be shocked if a scavenger did better than Thor against Thanos .

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scathing. Idek what to feel anymore. I'm not sick of Star Wars, but I just don't feel anything either

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When it comes to Star Wars at this point, I've got nothing left to lose, nothing can hurt me anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-6078e3dfb955a
deactivated-6078e3dfb955a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do we at least find out who Rey's parents are?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Rey is even more of a mary sue, how is this fan service exactly?

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BullPR

I agree that theybprobably changed several things to please people that were angry after TLJ.

For me, it worked.

Not the best SW but much better than TLJ.

(And any critics/reviewer that liked TLJ has a view of SW that will never be on the same page than mine. So if some or most of them are upset by RoS for me it should not matter.

Last point: just to be clear, I liked RoS but it is a weak movie anyway.)

bigsebson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney Canon is fake news. The real Canon is Legends.