• 80 results
#1 Edited by Sawed_Off_It (13406 posts) - - Show Bio

Apologies if this has been done before but I felt the need to inquire about you guys' thoughts. It seems to be virtually loved and praised by all, but to me it was, meh..

Not sure why... There were cool fight scenes, Thanos was the best part and Captain America's ending was satisfying imo.

(On mobile and rushing so bare with me)

Besides that though, I didn't care for anything else:

1. Did we even see Hulk fight?

2. I didn't think that the "Thor out-of-shape" nonsense was going to last the entire film....

3. Where did Loki go?

4. What do they get out of killing Ironman? An absolute end to that time line? They could have done that in other ways.

5. Maybe I'm just A cranky tool who takes it too literal

#2 Posted by phisigmatau (2063 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't like it for all those reasons plus more.
Russos are Totally overrated
Its a below avg film
Its AOU level to me

#3 Posted by kgb725 (19544 posts) - - Show Bio

These arent even legitimate criticisms.

#4 Posted by Rebake (4559 posts) - - Show Bio

IDK why you're asking that question. You want someone to say yes? I guess I can if you wanna feel special...

#5 Edited by Gracetrack (4684 posts) - - Show Bio

How was Thanos able to time jump to the future? (and with his army)

Why was Cap suddenly worthy to use the hammer?

Why were Thor and Hulk nowhere to be found in the movie?

#6 Posted by JohnCena69swag (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

You're certainly not the only one. They really dropped the ball here. The Russos dont deserve another chance after this.

#7 Edited by HereForOneShot (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously you are not the only one. Why ask such obvious questions?

If you are really apathetic about the movie, you won't even bother to make the thread.

If you don't like the movie and want to make your voice heard, you make a thread complaining what is wrong with the movie.

In short, there is no need to ask this pointless question.

#8 Posted by Wolfrazer (16376 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I see, it’s only something if you’ve invested like the past decade with watching the other movies. About the only reason why people enjoy it so much, which nothing wrong with that, but that’s essentially what holds it all together.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ccc5f861ec2c
#9 Posted by deactivated-5ccc5f861ec2c (182 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by TopAce12 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

@gracetrack: did you watch any of the previous movies or???

Thanos took Nabula time travel vial and used it to jump his ship to the future.

Cap already moved Mjolnir a bit in AoU, was he reason he wasn’t worthy was because he kept the secret of Bucky killing Ironman parents. And once it finally came to light tada he was worthy.

Russo are shit directors

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#11 Edited by Petey_is_Spidey (11692 posts) - - Show Bio

If you are really apathetic about the movie, you won't even bother to make the thread.

If you don't like the movie and want to make your voice heard, you make a thread complaining what is wrong with the movie.

*sees only 3 posts*

Definitely checks out.

#12 Edited by HereForOneShot (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey said:
@hereforoneshot said:

*sees only 3 posts*

Definitely checks out.

For someone who keeps claiming he doesn't care about MCU movies, he sure keeps coming back to personally rage about how butthurt he is that people are happy about these MCU movies when right now they aren't even bashing his lovely Snyder-era DCEU films.

Don't even try ad hominen as you seem to imply in that post about me.

EDIT: I guess you are still sore over the fact that the likes of your pseudo-intellectual Snyder-era films will be forgotten that you keep coming back to "stay relevant" like dying politicians when they lose in an election?

#13 Posted by Sawed_Off_It (13406 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: i was stating personal thoughts on the film.

But please inform me on where I went wrong your majesty. My next set of posts will pertain to only what you find appeasing.

@hereforoneshot: I can't tell if you're serious.

I made the thread due to curiosity hitting me. Why ask such a stupid question yourself?

If I had not made the thread when I did, I would have gotten home and most likely decided it better to keep my opinion to myself, but I didn't. See, as it says in the OP-- I rushed it.

Anyway, why do you insist on behaving in such a way?

#14 Posted by Emperorb777 (11373 posts) - - Show Bio

One thing they get out of killing Ironman is no longer having to pay RDJ all that money.

#15 Edited by Lan_Fan (15877 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually many people didn't like it. I like it though.

#16 Edited by HereForOneShot (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@sawed_off_it said:

@kgb725: i was stating personal thoughts on the film.

But please inform me on where I went wrong your majesty. My next set of posts will pertain to only what you find appeasing.

@hereforoneshot: I can't tell if you're serious.

I made the thread due to curiosity hitting me. Why ask such a stupid question yourself?

If I had not made the thread when I did, I would have gotten home and most likely decided it better to keep my opinion to myself, but I didn't. See, as it says in the OP-- I rushed it.

Just voicing my opinion as you did in this thread.

BTW, my last response was to Petey_is_Spidey who was (and still is) a butthurt DCEU fan who had problems accepting the fact that MCU is better received by the majority of the comic book movie fanbase that he kept coming back to MCU threads to impotently rage, so don't mistaken my last response to him as yours.

#17 Posted by pkety (332 posts) - - Show Bio

They did good on a 1.2 billion opening weekend movie. It’s meant to be a film for normal people and not people who’ve read and analyzed every other comic panel ever or watched every MCU movie twice over in the week leading up to it. I get a lot of people are gonna be sad on CV because their fav hero got depowered to sh*t, but that’s life.

#18 Posted by kgb725 (19544 posts) - - Show Bio

@sawed_off_it: You went wrong with asking questions and thinking that's your opinion

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc864887ab10
#19 Posted by deactivated-5cc864887ab10 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

It really doesn't work as a run-of-the-mill blockbuster, it's meant to serve as the last chapter to a decade worth of films. If you're invested in the franchise, it's likely the ultimate movie. If you're more casual, I can see where it falls apart in several places.

#20 Posted by Mrnoital (8136 posts) - - Show Bio

it really phoned it in on any kind of Hulk storyline

#21 Posted by Saberscar223 (4455 posts) - - Show Bio

@gracetrack: Captain America was always worthy he nudged it in AOU and there is no such thing as kinda worthy

#22 Posted by CCThor (1660 posts) - - Show Bio

And I did not care your opinion.

#23 Posted by DammeFavour (8495 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it doesn't really take much to impress brain dead people

#24 Posted by GXrevs06 (4910 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he's an asshole who can't possibly grasp that there are people out there who have different opinions to himself

#25 Posted by Richubs (5672 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it.

I don't find your criticisms valid but I guess they were important to you.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#26 Edited by Petey_is_Spidey (11692 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey said:
@hereforoneshot said:

*sees only 3 posts*

Definitely checks out.

For someone who keeps claiming he doesn't care about MCU movies, he sure keeps coming back to personally rage about how butthurt he is that people are happy about these MCU movies when right now they aren't even bashing his lovely Snyder-era DCEU films.

EDIT: I guess you are still sore over the fact that the likes of your pseudo-intellectual Snyder-era films will be forgotten that you keep coming back to "stay relevant" like dying politicians when they lose in an election?

No Caption Provided

#27 Posted by ANTHP2000 (28474 posts) - - Show Bio

You really are.

#28 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5851 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Endgame.

But Still It was kinda disappointed.

#29 Posted by Omnipotent94 (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

No, you are not alone. It was a good movie but it didn't live up to the hype. People wanted(and expected) it to be far better than infinity war but it failed. Its basically the dark knight rises of MCU.

#30 Posted by DaSalvadore (377 posts) - - Show Bio

1 - Is it really to the point where the only reason people want the Hulk is to see Hulk Smash? It's not like there aren't other MCU films where you can enjoy it happening.

2 - So you thought a man/god who let himself go for five years would just magic himself back to eight-pack abs and be clean shaven once he got his head on straight? And that would be good writing? It's a flawed redemption arc that works.

3 - Wherever he wanted. Unless otherwise stated, it's an alt-reality and has no bearing on main-MCU timeline.

4 - Tony's death and sacrifice have been built up to since the very first Iron Man film, and especially since the first Avengers film.

5 - I think your problem and the problem a lot of people are having with the film is that you're trying to judge it on the premise it's a summer blockbuster that it's tied to 21 other films spanning a decade. There are huge areas of both Infinity War and Endgame which don't stand up to solo-movie structure criticism. Well guess what, they're not solo movies.

Honestly, asking number 4 is kinda like watching Deathly Hallows 2 and asking why Harry walked into the forest and let himself be killed. Or Watching Return of the King and complaining about the Hobbits going off at the end rather than being able to merely live their lives happily. Context is king.

#31 Edited by BruceRogers (17607 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course not and you're entitled to your opinion. I loved the film but I certainly agree with some of your points.

#32 Posted by foxerdes (10317 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course you are not the only one. First of all, you will find plethora of people not caring about MCU. And then you have people disappointed with Endgame. That includes me. It was still a decent movie with great emotional punch. It deserves all the money it makes.

#33 Posted by Sawed_Off_It (13406 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, you asshats that are having snarky responses for some reason, read the OP title and then join the postings. It says my opinion in it. If you don't like it, then don't read or respond to it. You don't HAVE to agree with me. I am simply seeing who else found it to be less than.

If you have something that we can discuss in a civil manner as it relates to what I stated or is valid to the film as a whole, then please do let me know.

@pkety:

I've maybe read 20 comics in my entire life, so I cannot be grouped with whatever people you are referring to but even I could tell Thanos was depowered. I didn't really care about that.

@kgb725: I think you went wrong by coming into this thread at all.

The only question I asked that could be misconstrued as a non-opinion is what people think of the movie. My actual Thread title states that this has to do with my own opinion.

I can't tell if you're being this way for a reason, or...

#34 Posted by Mekboy (2754 posts) - - Show Bio

It is the most disappointing thing ever.

#35 Edited by Havenless (3171 posts) - - Show Bio

I was really put off by the ending. It was kind of a depressing end, only trumped by IW:

Half the population disappeared for 5 years, then suddenly reappeared. As they showed, the world is essentially in ruins. A huge majority of children under the age of 5 are basically dead as long as the single parent or both parents disappeared. So they’ll come home to skeletons in the corner of the kitchen. Every person in surgery, every person requiring medical aid, and every person living day-to-day needing maintenance medications are in serious jeopardy and likely dead. Vast areas of the world would be without power and probably still don’t have it, which would have indirectly caused so many more deaths. Imagine the suicide rate. The lack of control during viral outbreaks, Wars that would inevitably occur, even just straight starvation. No food processing plant keeps 3-4 people for every position. You lose half your distribution management and labor, you basically lose the entire distribution side. So is every movie after this one going to be set in a post apocalyptic future?

#36 Edited by HereForOneShot (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey said:
@hereforoneshot said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@hereforoneshot said:

*sees only 3 posts*

Definitely checks out.

No Caption Provided

I might give a clever rebuttal "Thanks for admitting you are" but I kinda don't see the point to continue with someone who is no more mature than the mudslingers here. There is still hope one day you guys will be more mature, maybe get married, and see more important things in life (Like a job) than to engage so much in attacking other fanbases which aren't even attacking yours.

Avatar image for supermanforever
#37 Posted by Supermanforever (8969 posts) - - Show Bio

Things i didnt like.

1. Timetravel and crying for the loved ones being terribly stretched and got boring at times.

2. Basically rat saving the world, which was pathetic. Would prefer if Scott actually figured out something to come back out from quantum world himself.

3. Hulk not showing anything in battle, i wonder when this will happen.

4. I liked the fat thor character, but i think i would prefer actual King Thor more.

5. Did not think killing Iron man was a good thing, would prefer him to stay alive.

6. The battles were weak as hell, those characters are extremely powerfull yet displayed like street/cityblock level.

Overall i enjoyed the movie, but i think Infinity war was much better.

Avatar image for supermanforever
#38 Posted by Supermanforever (8969 posts) - - Show Bio

How was Thanos able to time jump to the future? (and with his army)

Why was Cap suddenly worthy to use the hammer?

Why were Thor and Hulk nowhere to be found in the movie?

They captured the future Nebula and the past Nebula took her place and pretend to be the future Nebula who came back to the future and she started the quantum tunnel to let thanos come there too. He shrinked his ship to quantum sized ship and entered the quantum tunnel and came to the future.

Cap was always worthy of the hammer, hence why he slightly moved it in age of ultron.

Thor was broken because he thought it was his fault that he did not stop thanos and so many people died so he kinda left the world behind and become alcoholic. Still had a decent battle etc in the end.

Hulk was more of a proffessor in this movie rather than hulk smash. He had decent moments, but was not smashing for sure.

#39 Posted by DaSalvadore (377 posts) - - Show Bio

2. Basically rat saving the world, which was pathetic. Would prefer if Scott actually figured out something to come back out from quantum world himself.

This would be a problem only if Scott came back within a few days. It's perfectly reasonable to assume animals would walk across the machine in the five year gap. Hell, I've had cats completely mess up a laptop just by walking across its keyboard when I've been out of the room.

#40 Edited by HereForOneShot (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@dasalvadore said:
@supermanforever said:

This would be a problem only if Scott came back within a few days. It's perfectly reasonable to assume animals would walk across the machine in the five year gap. Hell, I've had cats completely mess up a laptop just by walking across its keyboard when I've been out of the room.

Next time guys, when you see scenes like these just move along and enjoy the rest of the movie. Its just one silly scene and its just a movie.

#41 Edited by Gracetrack (4684 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever said:

They captured the future Nebula and the past Nebula took her place and pretend to be the future Nebula who came back to the future and she started the quantum tunnel to let thanos come there too.

Cap was always worthy of the hammer, hence why he slightly moved it in age of ultron.

Thor was broken because he thought it was his fault that he did not stop thanos and so many people died so he kinda left the world behind and become alcoholic. Still had a decent battle etc in the end.

Hulk was more of a proffessor in this movie rather than hulk smash. He had decent moments, but was not smashing for sure.

Sure, I get the Nebula and quantum tunnel device part. But where did Thanos get the necessary Pym Particles? And I get it, the writers probably expect the audience to assume Thanos and his crew are technologically advanced enough to reverse engineer the particles, but there is never a moment where they actually see the one Pym Particle that good Nebula had. We only ever see evil Nebula with it.

I'm not following your reasoning here. If Cap was always worthy of the hammer he would've completely lifted it in Age of Ultron, not just ever-so-slighty nudge it. Why is he suddenly able to do more than slightly nudge it? When did he become worthy? It would've been nice to have a definitive moment that signaled his worthiness. As it stands, it's difficult for me to see it as much more than a continuity error. Same goes for Tony Stark somehow being able to make a gauntlet capable of harnessing the Infinity Stones (when only the giant dwarf was capable of it in the previous movie), and Tony being able to put it on without immediately exploding due to the energy of the Power Stone alone. Hulk struggled to contain all the power when he first put on the gauntlet. The GotG needed to hold hands to contain the force of the Power Stone. Tony didn't even break a sweat wielding all six. Makes no sense.

Thor being "broken" to the point of going completely out-of-character, becoming a fat/insecure slob, and then having his entire story arc in the MCU up to this point thrown out the window (i.e. him being an overcomer and taking his place as the rightful king to his people) was neither earned nor believable in the slightest. It felt like a giant slap in the face to his fans. He wasn't Thor. He was an emasculated, drunken man-child there to placate P.C. leftist wackos... same goes for Captain Marvel and also the "girl power" scene during the final battle.

I suspect that the vast majority of people who go into a movie with Hulk in it expect that he is going to do a healthy amount of smashing. That's what Hulk does. That's pretty much the entire appeal of the character and has been since his inception. I can tolerate the idea that they were going for a weird, hipster-like variant of Professor Hulk from the comics, but a Hulk that doesn't smash is no Hulk at all.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#42 Posted by EternalDarkFury (2531 posts) - - Show Bio

Did someone just say this is Age of Ultron for them?? LMFAOO

#43 Edited by rem (2750 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was a hard good. Not as good as Infinity war but still pretty good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc9dc4dc7435
#44 Edited by deactivated-5cc9dc4dc7435 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

1. I didn’t mind Thor being an emotional wreck but making him a fat slob was just ridiculous and an insult to the character.

2. Giving Hulk no redemption for the way he’s been misused in the MCU is unforgivable, Russo brothers totally destroyed his character... Hulks final fight in the MCU is being destroyed by Thanos in 10 seconds, this character is literally the backbone of Marvel along with spider-man as well wtf.

3. Captain Marvel was just annoyingly overpowered and I hate her condescending attitude, she has been slapped around by Hulk multiple times in the comics yet in this she just decided to show up when she feels like it and jokes Thanos’ attacks? Yeah miss me with that feminist garbage.

4. I liked the plot but the time travel stuff got way too confusing, did they create another timeline where no one died or what? I have no idea.

5. Thanos was a great villain because he kind of had a point then suddenly he says fuck it he wants to destroy the Earth because he’ll enjoy it and wants to wipe out ALL life to restart it again, yeah no.

Apart from that stuff, good film.

#45 Posted by Sawed_Off_It (13406 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever said:

They captured the future Nebula and the past Nebula took her place and pretend to be the future Nebula who came back to the future and she started the quantum tunnel to let thanos come there too.

Sure, I get the Nebula and quantum tunnel device part. But where did Thanos get the necessary Pym Particles? And I get it, the writers probably expect the audience to assume Thanos and his crew are technologically advanced enough to reverse engineer the particles, but there is never a moment where they actually see the one Pym Particle that good Nebula had. We only ever see evil Nebula with it.

I'm not following your reasoning here. If Cap was always worthy of the hammer he would've completely lifted it in Age of Ultron, not just ever-so-slighty nudge it. Why is he suddenly able to do more than slightly nudge it? When did he become worthy? It would've been nice to have a definitive moment that signaled his worthiness. As it stands, it's difficult for me to see it as much more than a continuity error. Same goes for Tony Stark somehow being able to make a gauntlet capable of harnessing the Infinity Stones (when only the giant dwarf was capable of it in the previous movie), and Tony being able to put it on without immediately exploding due to the energy of the Power Stone alone. Hulk struggled to contain all the power when he first put on the gauntlet. The GotG needed to hold hands to contain the force of the Power Stone. Tony didn't even break a sweat wielding all six. Makes no sense.

Thor being "broken" to the point of going completely out-of-character, becoming a fat/insecure slob, and then having his entire story arc in the MCU up to this point thrown out the window (i.e. him being an overcomer and taking his place as the rightful king to his people) was neither earned nor believable in the slightest. It felt like a giant slap in the face to his fans. He wasn't Thor. He was an emasculated, drunken man-child there to placate P.C. leftist wackos... same goes for Captain Marvel and also the "girl power" scene during the final battle.

I suspect that the vast majority of people who go into a movie with Hulk in it expect that he is going to do a healthy amount of smashing. That's what Hulk does. That's pretty much the entire appeal of the character and has been since his inception. I can tolerate the idea that they were going for a weird, hipster-like variant of Professor Hulk from the comics, but a Hulk that doesn't smash is no Hulk at all.

Well said sentiments. I agree.

#46 Posted by Sawed_Off_It (13406 posts) - - Show Bio

@styla:

3. Captain Marvel was just annoyingly overpowered and I hate her condescending attitude, she has been slapped around by Hulk multiple times in the comics yet in this she just decided to show up when she feels like it and jokes Thanos’ attacks? Yeah miss me with that feminist garbage.

This is true also. I'm honestly unsure as to why they push it so hard.

#47 Posted by Gotoucanario (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

I must be just getting too old for this. There were so many loops in logic for this movie and so many things that didn't have that good of a payoff.

First, post snap world makes no sense, half the population died it's not a zombie apocalypse there's no way that's how the world would be like 5 years later.

Why was the whole time travel thing even needed? Strange says this is the only way but it's clearly not. In the end There was nothing more to winning than killing Thanos which they had a million ways of doing in infinity war and just didn't.

Captain Marvel was useless and just shows up to be a showoff.

Hulk, I liked him having the brains but he was pathetic strength wise and like almost completely irrelevant outside of comedy.

The whole time travel sequences were mostly boring to be honest.

The power levels were all over the place and made no sense. The fight sequences were disappointing and don't hold a candle to the ones in infinity war even.

Couldn't they just take the stones from Thanos during Titan the exact same way Tony did in the end?

Everyone coming back to life suddenly would have massive repercussions and chaos.

Black Widow loves Hawkeye now? Hawkeye loves her? What? Totally cheapens Thanos sacrifice on IW, I guess Red Skull uses "love most" very loosely.

Honestly could go on forevee, it was entertaining, it was not anywhere the event movie of the decade that I was expecting.

#48 Posted by DaSalvadore (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@gotoucanario: No offense, it definitely sounds like you're getting too old.

- You're right that the post-snap world would have issues, everyone accepts that. Is that honestly a good enough reason to not snap them back?

- If you count not bringing everyone back then yes, just killing Thanos is a win. If you really don't care enough about bringing people back then the film absolutely isn't for you since it's entire premise was undoing the snap.

- You couldn't steal the stones from any other gauntlet the way Tony did because it was Tony's gauntlet. His tech works with his tech.

- "Loves most" doesn't mean deep romantic love, you know. Otherwise that would have been seriously creepy with Thanos and his daughter. Widow and Hawkeye have always been shown to have a deep relationship with each other.

It sounds like you can't get past the idea of cancelling the snap and are just nitpicking the rest to make sense of your disinterest in the film as an event. I'm not saying you should love the film and give it a 10/10 but I just don't get how some of your complaints work if you've kept up with the MCU.

#49 Edited by Gotoucanario (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

@dasalvadore: you misunderstand what I am saying completely, I am talking about the whole setup from Infinity War made no sense with how Endgame played out not that the snap shouldn't be avoided or undone.

There was no logical explanation why simply killing Thanos before the Snap during IW wasnt better and more viable than going through all the time travel shenanigans.

Strange says he saw 14 million or some such amount of timelines and only one where they won which apparently was the one in Endgame and as such tried to set it up, I was expecting that there was an ulterior motive for this other than "we just couldn't best Thanos in any other" to justify it because there's hundreds of ways they have realistically beat him during infinity war.

Hell, I'll save the Avengers the trouble, Strange after seeing the possible future portals back to earth to the battle of Wakanda, tells Thor to aim for the head. Thor kills Thanos. Everything is solved. Didn't take me 14 million tries.

#50 Posted by DaSalvadore (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@gotoucanario: And now you're simply fan-ficing an easy solution into the entire situation. I could make up situations where Thor doesn't believe Strange or Thanos moves out of the way. Or maybe Thanos does die but then something worse happens. But in the end, it doesn't matter.

There are countless movies where you can say/write an easier solution to the entire thing. Practically the entire DC and Marvel verses (comics and movies) could be hand-waved in the same way to get a neater solution.

As Alfred Hitchcock once said: "'Why don't they go to the police?' I've always replied, 'They don't go to the police because it's dull.'"

If you can't accept the fundamentl setup to Endgame in Infinity War then I don't know what to tell you. It's fiction and sometimes some things just have to be accepted. Why don't the gangsters shoot Joker once he does his pencil magic trick? Why does getting burnt suddenly turn Dent into two-face? Why does a genetically manipulated spider affect Peter/Miles in the way that it does?

Because stories are being told.