inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

The world’s greatest super hero faces his biggest challenge yet this October! Amidst a gauntlet of his deadliest rogues, an old foe returns to the fore. Loved ones lost are dead no more as Peter Parker plunges headlong into THE CLONE CONSPIRACY – a blockbuster 5-issue event series from A-List creators Dan Slott and Jim Cheung!

Prepare yourself for THE Spidey story of 2016 as the writer who brought you Spider-Verse, Superior Spider-Man and Spider-Island brings you the next defining chapter in the wallcrawler’s life! The identity of the man in the red suit has been revealed. The Jackal has returned, more driven and determined than ever. He’s offered Spidey’s greatest rogues a chance to reunite with their loved ones in exchange for loyalty. But to what end? With the Rhino, the Lizard, Electro and even Doctor Octopus at his side, things are looking bleak. But who else from Spider-Man’s past has reappeared?!

The mystery is just getting started. Can the Amazing Spider-Man stand against the Jackal and a who’s who of his greatest villains? Be there as this blockbuster Spider-Man event kicks off this October in the explosive first issue – THE CLONE CONSPIRACY #1!

Plus – read an exciting prologue to The Clone Conspiracy from this year’s FREE COMIC BOOK DAY: CAPTAIN AMERICA #1 by Dan Slott & Javier Garron, available now in the Marvel Comics app and Marvel Digital Comics Store.

THE CLONE CONSPIRACY #1

Written by DAN SLOTT

Art by JIM CHEUNG

Cover by JIM CHEUNG

On Sale in October!

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

*sigh*

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hopefully this is the last arc by Dan Slott and in the Marvel Now change the writer.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When is Dan Slott leaving Amazing Spider-man?

I ask myself this question every time I see a solicit. Unfortunately too many people keep buying this based on the title of the book alone and as long as it sells Marvel could care less about this book and the character. On top of that, they'd seem to much rather push Miles at this point. In other words, don't expect a creative change anytime soon.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Second Saga?)

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By JewishDork

I wonder if we keep bad mouthing Dan Slott, he will come onto this website and yell at us. At least Jim Cheung is doing art.

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@infantfinite128: Spider-man, specifically Slott's Amazing Spider-man, is one of Marvel's best selling comics. That, plus Slott saying he will only leave Spider-man if Marvel forcefully makes him means he will be on this until sales are pitiful. If anything, sales are not only strong but increase from his storylines.

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

As much as I love what Slott has done to Spider-man over his tenure as writer, ever since All New All Different Marvel started with Peter as a business man all over the world I just don't know how to feel about it. On a story level I like it, but after reading the first volume it just feels weird. I'm not sure how to describe it other than maybe Slott needs a break to refuel his creative juices.

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so its just another clone story? I'm not even sure how to feel about this.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

The Clone Saga II

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I love what Slott has done to Spider-man over his tenure as writer, ever since All New All Different Marvel started with Peter as a business man all over the world I just don't know how to feel about it. On a story level I like it, but after reading the first volume it just feels weird. I'm not sure how to describe it other than maybe Slott needs a break to refuel his creative juices.

Also honestly this almost perfectly describes how I feel about Slott nowadays. I enjoyed stories like superior and spiderverse but at the very least I think its time for the man to take a break for a while.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Slott is sometimes awesome and sometimes writes something stupid. This looks cool to me.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

YAY, MORE CLONE STUFF .....said nobody.

On the bright side, Jackal finally got a decent look.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

When is Dan Slott leaving Amazing Spider-man?

Not soon enough.

JohnnyBop419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone explain to me how this makes everything we've been told is a lie?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I am waiting for the day when I will hear the wonderful news that Dan Slott is finally off the book.

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnybop419: Probably because we were told this was an All new and All different Marvel and nothing has really been that new or different

damasta414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan Slott must have some pretty incriminating pics of one of the Marvel execs tucked away in his safety deposit box.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

WTF!?! Doesnt about everyone hate the Clone Saga?

JohnnyBop419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I call it right now. Its going to bring the true scarlet spider back just for him to betray peter to the jackal in some stupid way that makes sense to no one but Slott

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RaunJisto

Another clone saga? I actually like Dan Slott's Spiderman for how he actually made him grow up a bit, but I don't like the sound of this.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spoiler: the Jackal is actually Uncle Ben.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Kidd

I already gave Spider-man at the start of this run, so whatever.

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YAY, MORE CLONE STUFF .....said nobody.

On the bright side, Jackal finally got a decent look.

Thought I was gonna be the only one who likes the look

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know if the other spider-titles will be getting tie-ins as well?

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Riiight...I'm Out!

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least he's not facing the Green Goblin again.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#31 owie  Moderator

Are you F-ing kidding me?!?

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if we keep bad mouthing Dan Slott, he will come onto this website and yell at us. At least Jim Cheung is doing art.

lol, like back in the good old days. If you want to see Slott yell at people, just check out his Twitter. It's literally all he does.

In regards to the book, I'm one of the 7 people who actually liked the Clone Saga, so part of me really wants to get this; however, the other part is really bored with Slott's Spider-Man and I'm not sure if I want to buy anymore of the series until it gets a new writer...

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Don't bring back Gwen Stacy. Don't bring back Gwen Stacy. Don't bring back Gwen Stacy. Don't bring back Gwen Stacy. Don't bring back Gwen fricking Stacy.

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee: if they did it would probably be as a clone so I don't know if that would count

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

MORE CLONES!!? DIDN'T WE GET ENOUGH OF THIS ALREADY?

Marvel is out of ideas. There is no other possibility.

eliottsworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Spider-Man and clones have done so well in the past. I seriously can't wait for someone new to get on to Spider-Man, because Slott has really worn me down. I enjoyed Superior, but everything after has been a real slog. I dropped Amazing Spider-Man before Secret Wars, and I tried a few issues afterwards to see if I could like it again (I could not).

I'll be sticking to Spider-Gwen for my spider character fix. They're doing Spidey better than Spidey is doing Spidey.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Doc Ock is alive? If thus will truly be clone saga II... BRING KAINE AND BEN REILLY BACK YOU MURDEROUS BASTARDS

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Not even my favorite spider-man...

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm all for it !!! i enjoyed the original clone sage back in the 90s, i also liked spider-verse and Superior.... im glad to see some classic villians pop up, not all these third rate ones that have been in the current series and the also the last volume. im REALLY hoping we see ben reilly and Kane come out of the woodworks. marvel never really did show us that both of them really died in the spider-verse story.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ben?!

why must Marvel continuously tease me with references to Ben Reilly and the possibility of his return?

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ThanosIsMad

I'm hyped simply because of Rhino. The last time I saw Rhino, he fought his replacement that story was awesome. I'm going to ignore everything and focus on Rhino.

Unless Ben Reilly comes back. Then I'm going to party.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan Slott seems to have an aversion to writing peter parker correctly. There is a difference between taking parker out of his comfort zone. and writing an entirely different character.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best spider-man book is Miles Morales and it's not even close. Sad.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it might not even be a 'clone saga'....jeesh. you guys whine about everything.

Avatar image for mightyscrublord
MightyScrublord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soo- I may be weird but I actually like clone stuff (when done correctly). The concept seems pretty awesome but maybe that's just me. The first arc post-secret wars isn't the best but I still like Dan Slott.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doc Ock is alive? If thus will truly be clone saga II... BRING KAINE AND BEN REILLY BACK YOU MURDEROUS BASTARDS

Doc Ock never died. After Peter got his body back, Octavius's consciousness has been in that Big Brain robot at Parker Industries. As for Kaine, he's not dead, he was last seen with the New Warriors. I'd like to see them get a new run just to see how they'd react to Night Thrasher's resurrection and Nova's defection to the Avengers.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#48  Edited By Teerack

This summers marvel brings you! The story people always feared Dan Slott would do!

The REAL Peter Parker died while he was retired and it was actuality Spidercide who took his place and then pretended to be Peter taking Ben's place after he died. O.O WHAT A TWIST.

roaris87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really get the hate for Slott, but I dropped ASM for the Miles Morales book, so maybe that says it all

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@scavengerfist said:

Doc Ock never died. After Peter got his body back, Octavius's consciousness has been in that Big Brain robot at Parker Industries. As for Kaine, he's not dead, he was last seen with the New Warriors. I'd like to see them get a new run just to see how they'd react to Night Thrasher's resurrection and Nova's defection to the Avengers.

Actually he was last scene at the end of Spider-verse moving his hand.