Spider-Man Homecoming ridiculous strength feat

• 142 results
brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@sirfizzwhizz: That copter could not lift a 1 ton car. Not sure why the feat is calc at above 1 ton.

When?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#102 sirfizzwhizz  Online

@sirfizzwhizz: That copter could not lift a 1 ton car. Not sure why the feat is calc at above 1 ton.

When?

When what?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By sirfizzwhizz  Online

By the way, anyone who want to fact check the feat...

https://www.quora.com/How-much-strength-is-required-in-a-human-being-in-order-to-hold-a-helicopter-down-with-one-arm-like-Captain-America-does-in-Civil-War

https://www.maxim.com/entertainment/how-strong-curl-helicopter-captain-america-2016-5

https://www.reddit.com/r/theydidthemath/comments/4ifojb/request_how_much_weight_is_equivalent_to_captain/

http://nerdist.com/how-much-strength-does-it-take-to-bicep-curl-a-helicopter/

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/How-Strong-Captain-America-Has-Curl-Helicopter-130497.html

There is dozen more, but here are the facts. This Helicopter weighs around 2000 pounds. That is the rough weight of the type of copter it is. It has little over 3000 pounds of thrust. Ton to spare. Facts of real life shit mates.

So the Thrust is dealing with 2000 pounds from the 3000+ it has. Leaving little over half a ton of extra weight it can spare in thrust.

So this whole multi ton shit is bullshit. That simple.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 sirfizzwhizz  Online

@sirfizzwhizz: Fan calcs, really?

Fan calcs from several dozen well known websites. Nothing FAN calc about simple facts. Helicopter is a real world chopper, and weighs roughly 2000 pounds. It has 3000 pounds of thrust. Therefore only a available 1000ish pounds lifts is not being used and what Cap is "Curling".

Can you show me with science and logic why the feats is more than a simple 1 ton area feat? Please do provide with real world numbers. I will wait why the dozens of "fan calcs" come to the same conclusion are wrong by whatever evidence you provide. Thanks :)

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: First of all, where do you get the idea that it cannot even lift a car?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 sirfizzwhizz  Online

@sirfizzwhizz: First of all, where do you get the idea that it cannot even lift a car?

Depends on the car. Most cars are well over 1000 pounds man. Hitting 2000 pounds (1 ton) area. So how will it lift a car when it has only little over 1000 pounds of thrust?

I mean, where does this simple 3rd grade science seem questionable?

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: I don't think I am qualified to debunk most of the things you asked me to, I admit that. But I am just saying that fan calcs are extremely questionable and should not be taken as gospel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hopefully they give some new feats in Ragnarok for thor and hulk

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 sirfizzwhizz  Online

@sirfizzwhizz: I don't think I am qualified to debunk most of the things you asked me to, I admit that. But I am just saying that fan calcs are extremely questionable and should not be taken as gospel.

I 100% agree. However, these calcs are very simple to do, and they are consistent across multiple, and some very respectable, websites.

Stan Rodriguez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: I agree but I think that's more relevant to non live action, cause in live action you can get a real world source of reference for your calcs

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By brucerogers

@stan rodriguez: Its all still fictional though

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Looks good. I can't wait for Ironman 4!

Stan Rodriguez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Stan Rodriguez

@brucerogers: Yes but the cars, trains, ferries generally aren't and have confirmed mainly confirmed weights

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Superhero24

Tobey isnt even that strong. That train feat is not as good as everyone thinks it is. Holland spiderman caught a 20 ton structure. Catching something is harder than holding it. That ship feat would crush any strength feat tobey has done combined.

Bastets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could be possible, depends on the context we see here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bastets said:

Could be possible, depends on the context we see here.

werkudoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure mcu Spider-Man already has better lifting strength than raimi man. As for striking power, hopefully we can see him actually throw a real punch in homecoming

teefurtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. It seems this feat was misinterpreted. The ship is smaller than it appears.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. It seems this feat was misinterpreted. The ship is smaller than it appears.

Regardless, Peter didn't hold the ship. His webs did.

Him lifting the rubble he was buried under was pretty impressive though.

KingofBBC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OP lacks confidence and needs others to gauge a character strength before making a battle thread.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao why is Spider-Man the strongest MCU character after Hulk hahahahaha

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His rubble feat was really impressive. That was him going all out probably adrenaline but he has very good strength feats in general. He is so far above a super soldier. He brushed off buckys metal arm like it was nothing in civil war. That right there and the jet bridge feat showed he was a beast. Homecoming further shows off his strength.

FangDaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By FangDaNerd

@cfrehse said:

His rubble feat was really impressive. That was him going all out probably adrenaline but he has very good strength feats in general. He is so far above a super soldier. He brushed off buckys metal arm like it was nothing in civil war. That right there and the jet bridge feat showed he was a beast. Homecoming further shows off his strength.

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus Christ he barely holds the ship together and people are saying he's stronger than Thor. delusional people man

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#127  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

Just finish watching the movie.

The webbings that suppose held the ship together fail, then only Spider Man jumps in and hold the ship.

Actually it's more of a Grip-strength feat, as he isn't shown to be curls or anything. The Jet Bridge overhead press in Civil is still MCu spidey greatest feat to date.

But i think Tobey is significant stronger though, his greatest feat of strength is from spider man 2, where he saved MJ from getting crushed by a 30x30 feets concrete-metal wall, and he proceeds to lift it and throw to the Doc Ock.

Loading Video...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

And this is the guy cap was manhandiling?

That was more due to Cap's combat training and experience than his strength.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't this not really a feat since Iron Man saves the cruiser when Spider-Man fails?

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mindleech said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

MCU Spider-Man > MCU Thor

seems so haha

MCU really needs to show some serious strenght feats for Thor and Hulk or stuff will get really weird

Thought this was funny xD

It is false though

Atleast I dearly hope it is.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A few things here:

1. The feat is not nearly as impressive as a lot of people are making it out to be.

Try finding a large closet, or another similar object that is considerably heavier than what you can actually lift. Then you tip the object at about a 10-20 degree angle(from the looks of it). Even though the object is far heavier than you can lift, you can (relatively)easily prevent it from falling over completely(at least for a while).

Now, even that, is more impressive than what Spider-Man is doing here. While he's preventing two objects from 'falling' at the same time, and he's located 'behind' it, instead of in front of it, the webbing we see in the background is doing the majority of the work. So even though the actual force is only a small part of the full mass of the ferry, Spider-Man is only holding a small part of even that.

I'll let others do more specific calculations, but I'll provide the numbers.

The Staten Island Ferries come in 3 variants(different weight, amount of maximum passengers, and maximum cars):

2109 tons, holding a maximum of 3500 passengers, and a maximum of 40 cars.

3200 tons, holding a maximum of 4400 passengers, and a maximum of 30 cars.

And 3335 tons, holding a maximum of 6000 passengers, and 0 cars.

Given the available numbers, it should be relatively simple to calculate a maximum, and minimum, of force that Spider-Man is actually holding in the clip. Keep in mind that in the clip, it actually looks like Spider-Man is not successfully holding it, since the two parts of the ferry are still moving apart.

Honestly, his feat of holding up the jet bridge is more impressive, the ferry feat just looks more impressive.

2. People (for some moronic reason) using the feat to put Spider-Man above Thor in terms of strength.

At the start of Avengers, Thor overpowers and is physically crushing Iron Man's supercharged armor. Later in the movie, he stops a punch from the Hulk, and is holding the fist back even though Hulk is putting his entire body into it.

Both of these feats are leagues beyond anything we have seen from Spider-Man in terms of strength.

3. Tobey's Train feat is still considerably beyond any of the (few)strength we have from MCU Spider-Man.

Strength aside though, Tobey's most impressive feat has nothing to do with Spider-Man's usual powers.

Rather, it's his demonstration of Space/Time manipulation(or teleportation at the very least) in his fight against Doc Ock.

If you look at the first 10-15 seconds or so of the fight, Dr. Ock throws Spider-Man ahead of himself. Both before, and after Spidey goes through the bridge, he is moving faster than the train. And yet once he has passed the bridge, he still appears behind Dr. Ock(Ock actually turns, and looks surprised for half a sec before Spidey kicks him in the face. As a scientist, he is likely aware of the physical impossibility of what just happened).

Loading Video...

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman didnt even hold it for 3 seconds, the webs did, by the time Spidey was starting to hold it himself IM arrived.

hulkuberstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is why we wait for context.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tobey lifting and throwing giant metal wall >>> Holland struggling to lift up concrete blocks that probably weigh like 7-8 ton each or something

TheReccher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd hate to break it to you guys, but this this is not a strength feat. If you look closely at the scene, watch the sinking rate before and after Spidey grabs on to the ship. There's no change. It's sinking at the exact speed it would have been anyways had Spider-man not been there. Spider-man wasn't holding them up. He was just hanging on.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holland spiderman also fought Thanos so...

TheReccher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd hate to break it to you guys, but this this is not a strength feat. If you look closely at the scene, watch the sinking rate before and after Spidey grabs on to the ship. There's no change. There's no stop or slow down. It's sinking at the exact speed it would have been anyways had Spider-man not been there. Spider-man wasn't holding them up. He was just hanging on.

DoctorMojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm

darthflax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By darthflax

Late post but tom Holland Spiderman suck.

When he first encounter criminals shooting stuff a simple van drags him away like a doll.. he cant even pull a small van.

His webs are even weaker then old Spiderman

Villian cut them in the end before the roof fell on spidey. And spider senses where useless on Holland version . Evrything tagged him . What a joke . Even with high tech suit he got tagged by anything

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By KanyeCosby

That feat is so overrated, and I was disappointed when they actually showed it in the movie.

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom didn’t deserve such a feat anyway

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's not even holding it in place, just holding on as it was still falling apart slowly. Plus there are webs still intact to support him.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That feat is so overrated, and I was disappointed when they actually showed it in the movie.