Spider-Man: Fancasting his villains for the MCU

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Edited By solar_nerd

Spider-Man has a pretty big rogues gallery.

And already, some of his villains have been cast:

- Michael Keaton as Vulture

- Michael Chernus as Tinkerer

- Bokeem Woodbine as Shocker

- Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio

- Numan Acar as (probably) Chameleon

- ??? as (possibly) Hydro-Man

- ??? as (possibly) Molten Man

So, without further ado, here are my picks for Spider-Man's villains in the MCU.

Bryan Cranston as Norman Osborn

No Caption Provided

In case you don't know who Norman Osborn is, he's the original Green Goblin who not only has been Spider-Man's arguably most persistent villain, but has also caused the Avengers some grief as well, which means he may appear in more than one MCU franchise.

Anyway, Cranston would be the perfect choice to play him because, first of all, he looks like the character. In addition, he plays a great villain and was considered for playing Lex Luthor, who's basically the same character from a different universe.

Michael C. Hall as Doctor Octopus

No Caption Provided

Honestly, Michael C. Hall doesn't look too much like Doc Ock, but he could absolutely convey the character's crazed, insane personality in a way only he can.

Dominic Purcell as Sandman

No Caption Provided

Purcell is good at playing the tough-guy analogs in shows and movies he's been in, and would fit well with the dynamic of Sandman. He'd probably be a minor villain, but that's okay.

Michael Cera as Electro

No Caption Provided

Cera is one of the most awkward people on the planet, and Electro is a villain often played for humor. Michael Cera would capture the campiness of the character, and his awkward displays of power, sort of like a superpowered, villainous version of Scott Pilgrim.

John Cena as Rhino

No Caption Provided

Cena is one of my choices to play The Thing, but anyone can play the Thing. Rhino is someone who I feel is cookie-cut for Cena to play, as he'd capture the bulky mindlessness of the villain while actually posing a threat and being taken seriously.

Manu Bennett as Kraven the Hunter

No Caption Provided

Sony is developing a Kraven movie, but Marvel should still try and beat them to the punch. Bennett, who plays Deathstroke on Arrow, would be a great choice, as he is quite threatening and looks like Kraven a lot.

Ansel Elgort as Harry Osborn

No Caption Provided

Elgort is, for sure, my number-one choice for Harry. He's good at playing the bad-attitude kid archetype, and that's what Harry is. He could also play a good villain given the chance.

Also, if Marvel decides not to use Eddie Brock as Venom, they could use Harry and just say he's the Venom-host of the MCU while Eddie is the host of another universe; the Sonyverse.

Taron Egerton as Venom

No Caption Provided

Yes, I know that Sony's Venom franchise is happening for real. However, Marvel will likely cast their own Venom and maybe feature him in another Spider-Man sequel. I'd like to see them go for a version slightly older than Peter Parker, and Egerton would perfectly capture the antiheroic, fun-yet-gritty nature of the character while also looking like Eddie Brock.

What do you think of these choices?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc2c7b81b701
deactivated-5bc2c7b81b701

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Cranston would be an all-time great cast.