Speculation from Justice League trailer.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Black_Arrow

So will Aquaman fight Steppenwolf underwater?

No Caption Provided

That looks like an powerful Axe and Steppenwolf usually carries around an axe besides in the shot with Mera you can see the Atlantean Mother Box, so maybe Steppenwolf has come to retrieve it. Also this looks like before Aquaman picks up his armor from dead Atleantean king, so this would suggest that this is before he meets Batman in costume, maybe that's the reason why he finally joins the team.

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyborg will be mid-tier for sure and I'm assuming Flash will be WAY FASTER THEN CW WALLY AND CW FLASH COMBINED

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@black_arrow: 100% agree. I hope Aquaman has been to Atlantis before though, and he just returns for the Trident or to check on Atlantis.

LordWhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman will kill Steppenwolf

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyborg will be mid-tier for sure and I'm assuming Flash will be WAY FASTER THEN CW WALLY AND CW FLASH COMBINED

@foxerdes said:

Mera will be..darn

I hope that Flash will be faster thanCW one.

No Caption Provided

definitely wont be faster than fox quicksilver

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes said:

Mera will be..darn

You guys want Flash to be fast enough to time travel right out of the gate? Wouldn't that make the plot meaningless?

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Chris-Sama

@staticdwanyemcduffie said:

@foxerdes said:

Mera will be..darn

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

My man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: dude that's not how it works in the show. He goes around mach 2 to time travel, so yes dceu can be faster cos they follow different rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: CW Flash disregarded consistent measurable speeds a long time ago, dude.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: then why are u pushing that dceu flash shouldn't be faster?

Being faster doesn't mean he's gonna time-travel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: Because being faster than a dude who doesn't have an established limit who can time travel means:

A. He would conceivably be able to time travel.

B. The plot of the movie would be pointless because Flash at that speed could wreck every parademon and be home in time for breakfast.

The old adage "Less is more" comes to mind here. He just needs to be fast and have good character beats, not be a feats machine. Otherwise the rest of the League just looks pointless, especially in a live-action setting. Why do you think Superman will be sidelined for most of this movie? Same reason.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: dude, fox qs is a lot faster than cw flash and he doesn't time travel. Its different rules, comic flash also runs faster than the speed cw flash runs and still has to get to a specific speed to time travel. superman is sidelined because he's DEAD. plus cw flash has an established limit atm. hell, even cw supergirl is as fast as him.

Remember, different rules plus these parademons don't look like they're made of paper like ultron bots. so him being faster doesn't detract from the story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: dude, fox qs is a lot faster than cw flash and he doesn't time travel. Its different rules, comic flash also runs faster than the speed cw flash runs and still has to get to a specific speed to time travel. superman is sidelined because he's DEAD. plus cw flash has an established limit atm.

Remember, different rules plus these parademons don't look like they're made of paper like ultron bots

And he's dead because they didn't want him outshining the League. You think they couldn't have written him to be alive at the end of BvS if they wanted to? Heck, he only died due to contrived writing.

And no he doesn't. We only know that he's not fast enough to stop Savitar from killing Iris, but we don't have an actual number limit at the moment.

And sigh, ignoring the completely unnecessary shot at Marvel (because why just take the movie on its own merits, right?), moving faster = hitting harder. If he moved OMGWHAT'SEVENHAPPENING fast, not only would he be able to wreck parademons left and right like no one's business, but not a single parademon would be able to come close to touching him. He could take care of the whole threat by himself, and then the audience would look over at Batman and Cyborg and be like "Why are you even here?" Remember all the flack Hawkeye got before they beefed him up in Age of Ultron and Civil War?

@foxerdes said:

@nicksmi56: Speed doesn't have to be connected to time travel ability. Wally was always really fast but he didn't know how to phaze just because of this.

True that. My main point is don't make him too fast, because see above. I get the desire to see every new incarnation outdo the last, especially if you don't like the previous one (not sure if you like the show or not), but making him absolutely untouchable would do more harm than good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: dude, ur making so many wrong assumptions, superman's death was always planned not from some contrived writing like u think in ur deluded fantasy. the justice league was formed because of that, darkseid is attacking because of that, even the suicide squad was formed on his basis. The entire dceu is written around superman. so no, he's not dead because he's going to outshine the league, his death furthered the story they're telling.

comparing the line-up of the justice league to the avengers is kinda senseless no? most of the avengers are street levelers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: dude, ur making so many wrong assumptions, superman's death was always planned not from some contrived writing like u think in ur deluded fantasy. the justice league was formed because of that, darkseid is attacking because of that, even the suicide squad was formed on his basis. The entire dceu is written around superman. so no, he's not dead because he's going to outshine the league, his death furthered the story they're telling.

comparing the line-up of the justice league to the avengers is kinda senseless no? most of the avengers are street levelers

*sigh*

Can you stop being an angry fanboy long enough to get what I'm saying?

I never said Superman's death wasn't planned. I'm saying it was planned for a REASON. Every storytelling choice has some kind of reason behind it, especially when you're setting up a universe.

And the Hawkeye parallel wasn't to compare power levels (because they literally don't matter at all). It was to compare how the general audience felt Hawkeye was useless after he was outshone to how the audience will feel members of the League are useless if Flash can just do everything himself because he's that fast.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes said:

@nicksmi56: I see your point. You might be right, he will hopefully have several more movies to improve.

That I can get behind :) as long as they're good, of course

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@foxerdes said:

Mera will be..darn

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Fox Quicksilver is a walking plot device who will be "Slow" when the plot needs him to be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: like when sand can somehow rise fast enough to trap his leg

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys want Flash to be fast enough to time travel right out of the gate? Wouldn't that make the plot meaningless?

As said before, his time travel is a Speed Force ability and not a speed related side effect. That aside, I think most people who say they hope he'll be faster than CW Flash mean they want him to use his speed consistently and not keep randomly slowing down enough to get socked in the jaw by a sub-peak human thug every other fight.

Basically less jobbing more speed blitzing.

And that's pretty doable within the premise of this movie. Barry might be fast enough to blitz dozens of parademons at a time, but there's a never ending stream of them so there's plenty for Batman to gun down, and he can't really do much to someone as durable as Steppenwolf or those massive tanks we saw in the trailer, so Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Cyborg will likely be the big guns for the finale.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56 said:

As said before, his time travel is a Speed Force ability and not a speed related side effect. That aside, I think most people who say they hope he'll be faster than CW Flash mean they want him to use his speed consistently and not keep randomly slowing down enough to get socked in the jaw by a sub-peak human thug every other fight.

Basically less jobbing more speed blitzing.

And that's pretty doable within the premise of this movie. Barry might be fast enough to blitz dozens of parademons at a time, but there's a never ending stream of them so there's plenty for Batman to gun down, and he can't really do much to someone as durable as Steppenwolf or those massive tanks we saw in the trailer, so Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Cyborg will likely be the big guns for the finale.

I can definitely get behind the no jobbing part. I just don't want it to become "WE HAVE TO BE BETTER THAN CW! FASTER! MORE FEATS!!" in some misguided attempt to outdo the other Flash and throw out the integrity of the team in the process. 'No man is an island,' essentially.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes said:

@foxerdes said:

Mera will be..darn

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Fox Quicksilver is a walking plot device who will be "Slow" when the plot needs him to be

bullshit

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56:

That is fair. Honestly even if Movie Flash's top speed is significantly below CW Barry's top feats people will still likely say the movie version is faster just because people focus way more on the stupid low showings and character statements that Barry is only mach 3, just so long as they cut out the jobbing for the movie.

Based on how he wrecked that parademon in the trailer I'd say we are probably pretty safe from normal humans punching him, at least.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When the thread is about Aquaman vs Steppenwolf but everyone is talking about speedsters.

No Caption Provided