Spectacular Spider-Man OR TAS Spider-Man: Which is Better?

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

OR

• Better main character
  • Better story arcs
  • Better villians
  • Better love interest
  • Better supporting characters
  • Better fights
Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAD hands down.

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAS by a mile. Better quips, better art, better story arcs, better fights, nice cameos from heroes and villains. And I like the fact Peter was an adult, not a teenager. One of the major flaws I did have with the TAS was that Gwen wasn't included in the series (she was in one episode though ).

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 socajunkie  Moderator

This would have been debatable if SS wasn't cut-off prematurely. It stomps in fights though considering TAS Spider-Man wasn't allowed to throw a punch and they recycled moves, sometimes in the same fight no less-put that down to budget but I'm not asked to be kind here. Just about any SS fight is better tbh, Spider-Man vs Kraven rnd 2 and the Symbiote solo-ing the S6 stand out the most for me. They had fluidity and the rapidness shits on what I remember from TAS' fights.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAS

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Main Character - TSSM, for the simple fact that peter was continuously growing throughout the series as the time went by. TAS Peter Parker remained the same for the most part, although I still enjoyed him.

Story Arcs. TSSM, it took iconic story lines and added its own unique take to it by mixing various elements. From The Symbiote Arc mixing in elements of 616 and Ultimate, to the adaptation of “The Big Man”, to the storyline involving the Goblin.

Villains. TSSM for one simple fact, not every dang villain was tied to Kingpin like they were in TAS. Venom also did more than just threaten peter, he tried to actively attack his aunt in the hospital and almost murdered Gwen.

Love Interest. This is the closest one, but still TSSM. Mainly because I found Gwen to be a better character than TAS MJ

Supporting Characters. TSSM. The supporting cast felt more involved in Peter’s life. One of my favorite moments from both shows actually is Flash knocking peter back to reality and reminding him that his friends are just trying to help him after the guy was being affected by the symbiote.

Obviously TSSM for fights

So, yeah, TSSM for all categories for me

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectacular Spider-Man.

MsSelene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

TAS

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAS

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Spectacular Spider-Man.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectacular takes fights (by far) and love interest, TAS sweeps everything else

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ignVela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Main Character - TSSM, for the simple fact that peter was continuously growing throughout the series as the time went by. TAS Peter Parker remained the same for the most part, although I still enjoyed him.

Story Arcs. TSSM, it took iconic story lines and added its own unique take to it by mixing various elements. From The Symbiote Arc mixing in elements of 616 and Ultimate, to the adaptation of “The Big Man”, to the storyline involving the Goblin.

Villains. TSSM for one simple fact, not every dang villain was tied to Kingpin like they were in TAS. Venom also did more than just threaten peter, he tried to actively attack his aunt in the hospital and almost murdered Gwen.

Love Interest. This is the closest one, but still TSSM. Mainly because I found Gwen to be a better character than TAS MJ

Supporting Characters. TSSM. The supporting cast felt more involved in Peter’s life. One of my favorite moments from both shows actually is Flash knocking peter back to reality and reminding him that his friends are just trying to help him after the guy was being affected by the symbiote.

Obviously TSSM for fights

So, yeah, TSSM for all categories for me

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectacular Spider-Man >>>>>>>TAS.

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

TAS

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

I honestly can't see how people can claim TAS Spider-Man underwent no personality changes throughout the entirety of the series. By the conclusion he's almost a different person.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like both pretty much equally.

TAS by a mile. Better quips, better art, better story arcs, better fights, nice cameos from heroes and villains. And I like the fact Peter was an adult, not a teenager. One of the major flaws I did have with the TAS was that Gwen wasn't included in the series (she was in one episode though ).

While I don't think the quips were better in TAS there is no way in hell it had better fights than the ones in Spectacular Spider-Man.

spiderfanatic3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By spiderfanatic3

@devilmenworks: How are the arcs better? Or the fights? The supporting cast who are almost all as deep as puddles? Maybe the art but that art style was the reason TAS looked so stiff most of the time.

The biggest thing tas has going for it is some more accurate portrayal but SSM is a better show. Maybe the discussion should be about the better adaptation. If so then i believe SSM wins by a slight margin since it keeps the cores of the characters while TAS made some really stupid changes to those.

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderfanatic3: I forgot all about this post lol. At the time, I had just recently saw a portion of the series of TAS and started watching a few episodes of SSM. I think maybe I had watched a few of the bad episodes or something. But SSM does have better fights but I like TAS better because I feel the did a slightly better job of adaptations of Spiderman's storylines, villains, and characters (there are some exceptions to this).

spiderfanatic3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@devilmenworks: I really would like to know why you like the villains, stories and side characters more? I can think of one or two that are better, not all of them.

charlesvvv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#22  Edited By charlesvvv

I like both but i'd say TSSM is leagues better than TAS mostly because it hasn't aged that well in my opinion.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Emperorb777

TAS, no contest to me.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A point in TAS favor...

it inspired the Blade movies, and was the first appearance of Blade as a 'half vampire', and the sidekick Whistler.

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderfanatic3: The overall feel of the series was a little better to me. I liked the way the Venom saga in the show, (disappointed how they dud Carnage), I think the did a good adaptation of both Hobgoblin and Green Goblin. The other saga where Spiderman was mutating into his man-spider form, etc. I did like the crossover with the different heroes in the series like the X-Men, Daredevil. Punisher, and Blade. I didn't like how the last season got kind of weird though.