Some rough MCU/DCEU calcs

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Some rough MCU/DCEU calcs (17 votes)

Yes 71%
No 12%
only with a kick 18%

Cap kicks a guy

Avg weight of a U.S. soldier ≈ 77 kg

Distance ≈ 20 ft

Time in the air ≈ 0.6

Velocity ≈ 33 m/s

Acceleration = 33/.1 = 330 m/s^2

F = 77 x 330 = 25,410 N = 2.59 tons

-

Keep in mind the guy would've went much further if he didn't smack into that wall. And considering the fact that 3,300 newtons has a decent chance of breaking your ribs, this guy is likely very dead.

Hulk's Backhand

Hulk weighs 680 kg. The Hulkbuster is around a head taller, noticeably wider, and made of metal so I think it's safe to say he's around 2-3 tons. Since this was a replacement part and not the full suit, I'll put it at merely twice the Hulk's weight at 1360 kg or 1.5 tons.

Weight = 1,360 kg

Distance ≈ 23 m

Time between punch and satellite ≈ 0.8

Speed = 28.75 m/s

Acceleration = 28.75/.04 = 718.75 m/s^2

F = 977,500 N = 99.68 tons

-

Another lowball. I didn't account for Hulk having to overpower its thrusters and the part getting stopped by the satellite.

Hulk shakes a street

Concrete weighs 2,400 kg per cubic meter and is generally 6 inches thick on roads.

Area is around 15 m^2

Volume of the concrete shook ≈ 34 m^3

Mass of concrete = 81,600 kg or 90 tons

Hulk however dug down to roughly his height, so I'll also add in the mass of the soil. Soil has a weight of 1,700 kg per cubic meter.

Volume = 2. 4 x 15^2 = 540 m^3

Mass of soil = 918,000 ≈ 1,000 tons

Total mass = 999,600 kg

Hulk shook the street pretty violently, you can see cars jump slightly or slide back. I'll assume it moved he moved it about 6 inches.

Distance = .15 m

Time = .7

Velocity = .21 m/s

Acceleration = .21/.05 = 4.28 m/s^2

F = 4,284,000 N ≈ 437 tons

-

Bit of a lowball. The force wouldn't transfer so well through soil, plus I didn't account for the weight of the soil or the possible added weight of the buildings

So, with the MCU calcs done, I ask, can Cap replicate Bucky feat of cracking concrete?

• 
Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should calc Red Skull denying steel.

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod uppercut

Superman, at around 90 kg, went pretty high, about 3/4 its height. Let's assume it's as tall as the Burj Khalifa

Distance ≈ 620 m

Mass ≈ 90 kg

Time spent flying ≈ 1.6

Velocity = 387.5 m/s

Acceleration = 387.5/.06 = 6458 m/s^2

F ≈ 580,000 N ≈ 59 tons

-

A lowball. Superman used flight to stop himself and he did collide with the building

Orbital punch

This one comes from the novel, where it's stated his knee strikes can send a lock safe into orbit.

Gun safes are anywhere between 200 and 5,000 lb. Let's take the high end of an entry level safe: 600 lb

Mass = 272 kg

We'll assume it's at low orbit, with a max of 2,000 km

Distance = 2,000,000

I'm guessing how it would look onscreen

Time flying = 5 seconds

Velocity = 400,000 m/s

Acceleration = 400,000/.05 = 8,000,000 m/s^2

F = 2,176,000,000 N ≈ 222,000 Tons or 220 kilotons

-

I don't wanna sound like a lowballer here, but this is clearly hyperbole if a weaker Supes is tanking force that bodied a stronger Supes who was hiding behind an energy absorber.

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Messed up the Cap kick

Distance = 6.09 m

time = .6

V = 10.15
A = 101.5 m/s^2

F = 7,815 N or 0.8 tons

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cocacolaman  Moderator

When you get up to these levels of power, I'm not the biggest fan of calcs. Since you lowballed practically all of them, I haven't got an issue (better than me,) but I can't see 100 tons overpowering the Hulkbuster.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Hajduk

@kryptonianking88: These are all very agreeable calcs. Every single one is a massive lowball so nobody should have any problem with these numbers.

That overpowered Cap kick still makes me cringe and cheer all at once.

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: True. Their striking should scale way higher than what's calced based off their higher end feats

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: Agreed. Putting the Hulkbuster at the weight of a car is just a ridiculous lowball. The whole Hulkbuster has to weigh at least 50 tons, it is similar to a tank.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: I asked a art guy on Facebook, he says he doesn't know the weight....lol.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joker567892: It’s a gigantic mech suit so the people on here who say it is only a few tons are pretty silly to me. It’s supposed to be as big and as strong and as heavy as possible to overpower the Hulk, it can barely even fly.

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KryptonianKing88

@eredin12: for the calcs I assumed the object getting hit was stationary and in a frictionless setting (drag wouldn’t really matter in most of these anyways) so the force they had was the force they were hit with

Your article goes way more in depth than I did. He talks about drag and gravity which just add to the punch’s power. It just proves the statement as hyperbole

Besides that, what do you think about the tremor feat? It seems shaking a lot of mass requires quite a bit of power.

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12:

I assumed an ideal setting. If a UFC fighter punched something and the force transferred perfectly, a lighter object would travel faster to make up for the lack of mass and the heavier object would travel slower, but the force would still come out the same.

Zoe’s probably could come out that high. The scenes are slowed down and he still moves at supersonic speeds, but I was going off pure visuals

Bro it’s hyperbole, a secondary source that directly contradicts the film. You’re saying Clark’s gonna eat 47 megaton hits that are stronger than any man made weapon and then get bodied in the next film by 300 kilotons?

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianking88:

That Hulk ground shake calc tho

"Volume of the concrete shook ≈ 34 m^3"??? How did you calculate this? If the area is 15m^2 and the depth 6 inches the volume would be 0.381m^3.

There is a also a sewer system below city streets and we can actually see a manhole several feet from where Hulk is trapped. So factoring in the soil is not a justified choice.

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianking88:

Burj Khalifa height???? Why? That's not a good assumption at all. You'd be better off with counting the stories on the side of the building.

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianking88:

"I don't wanna sound like a lowballer here, but this is clearly hyperbole if a weaker Supes is tanking force that bodied a stronger Supes who was hiding behind an energy absorber."

Are you insinuating it was the force of the Nuke that bodied Superman? Force doesn't make you look drained of energy. I think the evidence shows that it was the fact he was so thoroughly drained that caused him to be KOd. Snyder specifically said he drew inspiration from Frank Miller's The Dark Night Returns. Superman was hit with a Nuke in that and he was in an almost identical state where he was thinned and very drained of solar energy.

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@kryptonianking88:

I assumed an ideal setting. If a UFC fighter punched something and the force transferred perfectly, a lighter object would travel faster to make up for the lack of mass and the heavier object would travel slower, but the force would still come out the same.

I am not sure that is how to force transfer works at all, if UFC fighter punched something 100 times lighter than his arm, say empty 0,5 L bottle the object would literally need to have 50 times greater acceleration than his arm to make up for lack of its mass to hit with same force, his arm moves at 60 KMH that would mean his punch would send it flying at nearly hypersonic speeds, and that is not happening, the bottle will move maybe 2 times faster than his arm but not much more than that

Under his condition of perfect force transfer he is correct. But a 0.5 liter plastic bottle deforms on impact causing the impulse to lower as the force is transferred over a longer period of time.

With this Hulkbuster hiting that satellite is around 100 times stronger than a punch from Francis Ngannou, around 70 stronger than his kick, Zods skyscraper feat is like 40 times stronger than his punch and only 20 times stronger than his kick, and yet when we use kinetic energy to calculate the strength of impact instead of force we get that Hulkbuster hit that satellite with 500 000 times greater force than a punch from Francis( which has KJ of 400 J, if we use KJ to calculate it we get around 70 kg of TNT, i think i saw video where 100 kg was used to destroy Skycaper but i am not sure) that makes far more snese honestly than this, you see just like you calculated Orbit thing to be 220 000 tons but in reality its more like 2 billions of tons of force, i am sure that these other factors make that feat far better as well, Zod feat should be 1000+ ton feat and Hulkbuster should be 50 000+ ton feat

Bro it’s hyperbole, a secondary source that directly contradicts the film. You’re saying Clark’s gonna eat 47 megaton hits that are stronger than any man made weapon and then get bodied in the next film by 300 kilotons?

No, i am just saying its non-canon to DCEU verse since it contradicts the movie

Under his condition of perfect force transfer he is correct. But a 0.5 liter plastic bottle deforms on impact causing the impulse to lower as the force is transferred over a longer period of time.

Im not touching the rest of that...

organic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crunch5481:

Could you caculate the aprox force when

Sup blitzes into zods ship and rocks it

When dd first punches in zods ship, sup catches the punch and it rocks the ship causing lex to stumble

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@organic said:

@crunch5481:

Could you caculate the aprox force when

Sup blitzes into zods ship and rocks it

When dd first punches in zods ship, sup catches the punch and it rocks the ship causing lex to stumble

No that feat is near impossible to calculate with any accuracy. Too many unknowns.

Could have just been Lex flinching from the punch too.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By rajjarsalt

smh, superman gets hurt by 0.001 kt punches. No way he's gonna take all that energy within a knee strike.

fair point, tho @kryptonianking88