#1 Edited by DarthAnt66 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

"They come, marching, believing themselves equal to the army of ancients that chained me. But I am not of their time. Their ancestors called me Soa, wrath and power, and knew fear. For I ruled a thousand worlds, and Korriban was my crown, Korriban my cradle and my testing ground. I have waited twenty thousand years, but I will wait no longer!" ―Soa

This is the largest collection of Soa feats and accolades. Respect the Infernal One. Special thanks to @aurbere for helping!

NOTE: Make sure to check out my other respect threads by clicking here. Additionally, please do not view this thread on a mobile or tablet device - use a laptop or personal computer. May the Force be with you.

No Caption Provided

Force Accolades:

The massive galactic war between the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire was insignificant next to the might of Soa alone.

"You met an incomprehensible power; you may have saved the whole galaxy."

―Shol Bestros (Star Wars: The Old Republic)

“A terrible threat has been uncovered on the ice world of Belsavis; a danger so grave that it could make the conflict between the Republic and the Empire irrelevant. Groups of heroes must band together to venture into the ancient and deadly Eternity Vault—where an enemy older than both the Republic and the Empire has been contained… until now.”

―Star Wars: The Old Republic Official Website

“The legends say it took an army to stop the Infernal One before the Rakata and the other ancients locked him away with his weapons. If we don’t do anything, though, the war against the Republic may be nothing next to what’ll come.”

―Threnoldt (Star Wars: The Old Republic)

"The Rakata civilization was powerful beyond measure; the threats they sought to contain in this prison transcended anything the Republic is currently prepared to face."

―Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia

Soa was a galactic-level threat that warrants the attention of the greatest champions of both the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire.

"The Rakata known as the Infernal One is a being of terrifying power, threatening both Jedi and Sith alike."

“A prison discovered buried in the ice on Belsavis is thought to house an ancient and deadly evil that could threaten the galaxy. To counter this threat, General Threnoldt dispatches Imperial forces to investigate the prison and confront the dangers within.”

“Buried deep in the icy mountains of Belsavis, a prison housing an ancient and deadly entity has been uncovered. Both the Republic and the Empire understand the threat that the prison poses, and both sides now send their most powerful heroes to confront and eliminate this powerful foe once and for all.”

Soa was so powerful that the ancient Rakata and other ancient species were forced to lock him away due to the danger he posed.

‘We uncovered a new section of Belsavis prisoner during a bombing run. It’d been sealed for twenty thousand years, no exit to the surface. Its alien builders, the Rakata, called it the “Eternity Vault.” It’s where they kept the prisoners and technology they could never afford to release.”

“The vault contained the greatest enemies of the ancient Rakata, and was said to be permanently sealed under thousands of tonnes of rock.”

Combat Abilities:

Soa was an ancient Rakata warlord that conquered a thousand planets - including Korriban.

“A sickness of the Force. We uncovered Rakata a carving that shed light on our foe. They speak of a Rakata warlord imprisoned here. “The Infernal One,” who enslaved a thousand worlds; who “drowned the sea of stars in blood.”

“We've been translating the Rakata inscriptions. Most are indecipherable, but a few refer to a prisoner called "the Infernal One." We've seen the title before, in the Dead Corals of Rugosa and the Ziost Abyss. We thought it a myth—the Rakata warlord who bled and enslaved a thousand planets."

"The great evil sitting at the center of the Eternity Vault is a Force-using Rakata warlord who once brought Korriban to its knees. Now the despot known as "the Infernal One" intends to conquer a galaxy that has forgotten him."

It required armies of ancients, Rakata and Sith alike, to ultimately overcome and subdue Soa. His strength, however, was still so great that even when captured they could not kill him and were instead forced to lock him away in a vault instead.

"The Rakata kept most of their prisoners alive on purpose. The Eternity Vault was for the ones they couldn't kill."

“The legends say it took an army to stop the Infernal One before the Rakata and the other ancients locked him away with his weapons.”

Ultimately, Soa was awakened after twenty thousand years and was defeated by a joint strike force of of "the galaxy's most powerful champions," consisting of the Hero of Tython, Barsen'thor, Voidhound, Meteor, the Emperor's Wrath II, Darth Nox, Cipher Nine, and Scree after pressing the team in an extremely difficult fight. It was suggested that the group needed as many allies as possible to complete the mission and that they, obviously, could not do it alone.

"Operations... are large-scale multi-group missions where... Republic or Imperial allies... confront the most dangerous threats in the galaxy."

“Gather your team, as many allies as you can find, and stop the Infernal One. I fear for our galaxy if he escapes.”

Telekinesis (Alter):

Soa telekinetically broke and threw around countless massive Rakatan statues with such force they shattered large platforms, forcing them to fall. He did all this while using Levitation to stay dozens of feet above the ground.

No Caption Provided

Soa hurled the technological capsule that held him for centuries at a massive platforming, destroying parts of it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Soa telekinetically dominated members of the strike team that confronted him, hurling assailants around against large statues while in the midst of combat himself.

No Caption Provided

Sith Alchemy (Alter):

The content in the next section reflects the power(s) of Sith Alchemy, also known as Force Alchemy.

Soa was allegedly the greatest alchemist of the ancient Rakata, creating a abomination named Gharj. Gharj was a massive, near-immortal beast that was both a destroyer and god of civilizations. It has been speculated that the ancient Sith Lords, such as Karness Muur and Exar Kun, attempted to replicate Gharj, but were unable to and rather instead created the inferior terentatek.

"Hear it howl, for it was bred to scream, blood and fibers woven into a devouring beast. It was Gharj whose claws scored the canals of Seylott; Gharj who consumed the natives of Alzoc, and was worshiped for it. Gharj whom the alchemists of a younger age sought to emulate, but all would fail. Look upon Gharj, and die."

―Soa (Star Wars: The Old Republic)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Soa created the Annihilation Droid XRR-3 with the Force, warping the machine to where it was said to have destroyed armies of Rakata warriors. The droid, nicknaimed the Silentior, had twenty four distinct weapons that could be utilized in its arsenal.

"My finest creation, machine of machines, metal enemies welded together and allied toward destruction. Silentior lived to obliterate the Rakata who opposed me, who did not realize I had risen above them. It decimated armies, and it lives for destruction still."

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Force Corruption (Alter):

The content in the next section may instead represent the power(s) of Sith Sorcery, also known as Sith Magic or Rituals.

Soa may had been responsible for the legendary dark side nexus of Korriban.

"They say the Rakata ruled many worlds, once. This one found the darkness on Korriban or brought the darkness there."

Telepathy (Alter):

The content in the next section reflects the umbrella title of Telepathy, also known as Force Fear, Mind Trick, Mind Control, Dominate Mind, Force Illusions, Force Persuasion, Force Confusion, Mindform, Affect Mind, and Alter Mind.

Mind Traps are extremely dangerous Rakata devices that can trap a conscious of one into it. It proved to be so successful that even the likes of Revan himself could not escape one without the aid of another Rakata trapped inside of it. Soa had such influence over these devices that he could instantly create and draw individuals attacking him into nearby Mind Traps, therefore trapping them for theoretically eternity (unless the device is destroyed - in which they were).

"Soa uses this ability to create a Mind Trap which seals a player in a psychic prison."

―Star Wars: The Old Republic

"The ancient Rakata built mind traps as the ultimate prison. These strange devices leave the victim’s body intact, but draw the psyche into an otherworldly “white room”–a virtual environment created by the mind trap’s power. While inside the white room, the victim does not hunger or age, and his thoughts are not impaired–but he can have no contact with the outside world until another being accesses the device. It is entirely possible for the victim’s body to die and the victim’s psyche to suffer immortality inside a white, featureless void."

―Mind Trap Codex Entry (Star Wars: The Old Republic)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Soa telepethically called to people across the galaxy from Belsavis to Dromund Kaas and Coruscant.

"I heard. We all heard. His voice was in our skulls."

"It's called to us with its dying words. We heard everything."

Soa telepathically communicated to the strike team sent after him on Belsavis.

"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..."

"They slay not knowing that I am the seed of destruction in their hearts. I am the master and creator, what the galaxy fears."

Teleportation (Alter):

Soa instantly teleported to the main platform while in combat against a strike team.

"Soa... is teleporting down to the next platform."

No Caption Provided

Force Protection Bubble (Alter):

The content in the next section reflects a Force Protection Bubble, also known as Force Barrier.

Soa can create virtually invincible bubbles of the Force around him that absorbs all attacks the powerful strike team that was sent after him could unleash. The barrier could only be penetrated through the use of a massive, ancient Rakata structure pummeling down into Soa himself.

No Caption Provided

Force Lightning (Alter):

Soa created pools of powerful Force Lightning dubbed a Force Vortex.

No Caption Provided

Soa created balls of lightning that traveled around and attacked combatants.

No Caption Provided

Soa charged his fists with and unleashed at the group, cyan and purple colored lightning.

"Soa's basic... attack is a hail of lightning strikes."

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Precognition (Sense):

The content in the next section reflects the power(s) of Precognition, also known as Danger Sense, Farsight, and Farseeing.

Soa foresaw the raid on the Eternity Vault and prepared his defenses to ensure the attackers are killed.

“He knows our hero has come for him and has prepared his prison fortress to propel their attack.”

Physical Attributes:

Soa broke free from his stasis bubble made by the Rakata Empire to specifically keep him imprisoned for eternity.

No Caption Provided

Soa was quite possibly the largest Force-sensitive in the Star Wars universe, clocking at an enormous size of over thirty feet tall.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

NOTE: Thank you for reading the thread. Clink this link to a see a picture of the official concept art of the fight: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/337066353336477620/.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
#3 Posted by PreCrisisBardock (8909 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this a TOR Exclusive character?

#4 Posted by DarthAnt66 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this a TOR Exclusive character?

He has only appeared in Star Wars: The Old Republic video game and Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia, so yes.

#5 Edited by Aurbere (172 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing thread! Soa is so awesome and cool! He has really epic feats and hype that easily makes him among the most powerful! The fact that he and his creations got put into a prison that was designed to contain what the Rakata couldn't afford to unleash is mega impressive, especially when you consider all that the Rakata made use of.

Also, Soa's voice actor is amazing and made him even cooler!

BTW, I'm so glad you let me help you out in running EV. That was super fun! Amazing job on this thread, as always!

#6 Posted by Aurbere (172 posts) - - Show Bio

BTW: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/11114/111140132/4791976-gharj.jpg

I only just realized how tiny I look in comparison to Soa. In-game didn't do it justice LOL :p

#7 Posted by Pharoh_Atem (44282 posts) - - Show Bio

TBH, noice thread, Ant.

#8 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36851 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthant66: Great thread. Time to make some Soa vs ____threads.

#9 Posted by ShootingNova (25691 posts) - - Show Bio

A nice thread. Where do you rank him?

#10 Edited by WollfMyth209 (16810 posts) - - Show Bio

The man's a 4. Also, great thread.

#11 Edited by silentbat (1344 posts) - - Show Bio

I've no opinion on this character.

#12 Posted by magnus18 (664 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice thread. Good to see Soa getting some respect.

#13 Edited by CitizenSentry (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

Came here expecting to see Sword Art Online....

Looked at the feats...thought *Hang on this ain't right*

Looked at the Title says SoA not SAO

:

No Caption Provided

#14 Posted by MasterKungFu (20773 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome

#15 Edited by nfactor1995 (12941 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthant66: Amazing thread, really enjoyable read. A couple questions though:

1. I thought he was an ally of the Rakatans. Like, their greatest weapon and champion. Was he a rogue or something? And that's why he was locked up?

2. He seems ridiculously OP in Force power couple with his enormous size and presumptive massive superhuman strength and other physical abilities. Is he a top top tier character? Up there with Revan or even people like Sidious? I don't see why he couldn't be as powerful as them.

3. How the heck did he lose to that strike team?? He seems massively more powerful than all of them even combined.

All in all, awesome job on this respect thread.