So will Tom King finally give fans BatCat?

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Heatforce

Maybe he'll make up for his poor 'subversion of expectations' decision to not marry Batman and Catwoman? I can only hope. Oh yeah, Phantasm is cool ?

No Caption Provided

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Do they actually have to give BatCat to the fans? Not like these things last anyway.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

This is just DC's way to placate King after sacking him. Don't expect much beyond inane filler, it's King's strongest suit.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian: i think a lot of people were disappointed. It lead to a few cool stories but ultimately like Superman, people want to see Bruce have happiness.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: i get he pissed a lot of people off. I understand why and also question some of his decisions. But IMO he wasn't terrible. We'll see though hopefully he surprises you and writes a half decent story.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 morpheus_  Moderator

@morpheus_: i get he pissed a lot of people off. I understand why and also question some of his decisions. But IMO he wasn't terrible. We'll see though hopefully he surprises you and writes a half decent story.

The excuse they conjured to fire him indicates DC wasn't satisfied with him, either. I've genuinely given up on expecting good quality from him on Batman. He's good or even great in other characters but can be obnoxiously out of touch when he does not bother to do his research. Heroes in Crisis is a prime example of it.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: I don't know. I don't think Bruce is one of the characters that could settle down. At least that's the way I see it anyway. Even if it did happen, pretty sure something would happen that would make it go away.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Just wait, it'll turn out that Bane made Bruce fall in love with Andrea. He used Skeets to pull her from DCAU and merged the time lines so now Bruce has memories of his DCAU counterpart. Now he's sent her to facilitate a Bat/Cat reconciliation and then at the end of the series he'll somehow break them apart again returning everything back to status quo. There, I just saved everyone some money.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce said:

The excuse they conjured to fire him indicates DC wasn't satisfied with him, either. I've genuinely given up on expecting good quality from him on Batman. He's good or even great in other characters but can be obnoxiously out of touch when he does not bother to do his research. Heroes in Crisis is a prime example of it.

Unpopular opinion: I actually liked HiC minus the last chapter. I was kinda hoping we were going to see Wally become a villain, albeit a very relatable one. Of course he would become a hero again (status quo must be kept) but wow, he would have been fearsome.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian: fair enough but I think it would be nice. If not married then at least an item.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Magian

@heatforce: They've been an item from time to time if memory serves me well but DC would never go for something more permanent.

As for Wally, they might as well had left him in Limbo.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like King’s Batman and I enjoyed Heroes in Crisis, yeah.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian: regarding Wally: they still need to deal with his time displacement. He needs his family back.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 morpheus_  Moderator

@heatforce: King has already said he wrote the story without certain characters in mind, and asked editors to fill in the blanks.

Basically, he didn't tailor the story to the characters, he just had a template ready to insert whoever was available. He's lucky to be still employed, really.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batman and Catwoman will never be a permanent item without ruining Batman as long as DC insists on keeping Catwoman as this unlikable snarky anti-heroine abomination that they've turned her into. Either Catwoman needs to put aside her thieving ways and become like Earth-2 Selina or else Batman becomes a doormat. As we can see her, King has insisted on the latter.

And Jesus, what a horrible comic debut for Phantasm. I'm not a fan of the character but she deserved better than this.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

I sure hope not. My favorite thing about Batman that set him aside from all the other heroes (imo) was that he doesn't get a happy ending

@orangebat said:

Batman and Catwoman will never be a permanent item without ruining Batman as long as DC insists on keeping Catwoman as this unlikable snarky anti-heroine abomination that they've turned her into. Either Catwoman needs to put aside her thieving ways and become like Earth-2 Selina or else Batman becomes a doormat. As we can see her, King has insisted on the latter.

And Jesus, what a horrible comic debut for Phantasm. I'm not a fan of the character but she deserved better than this.

okay...so I'm not the only one that felt this way.

Can we all as Batman fans just kind of agree the whole Batman marriage thing never happened? I kind of stopped reading Batman since Tom King joined in because he kind of took out everything I liked about Batman and make him kind of a loser

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait?! They’re bringing the Phantasm into continuity?