So Thanos is now essentially the Sky father of the Eternals

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I like Thanos but this was beyond stupid. The Eternals should let A’lars out of Exclusion if they think Thanos is a success.

They had a vote and Thanos won, literally a couple of days after he kills many Eternals and tries to destroy the Machine (and the Earth).

He is basically space Hitler, THE worst person you can think of in 616 and he is elected in a vote? Give me a break.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: the marvel. Com article refers to the resurrection by hela and the black order in guardians of the galaxy 2019

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 takenstew22  Moderator

I like Thanos but this was beyond stupid. The Eternals should let A’lars out of Exclusion if they think Thanos is a success.

They had a vote and Thanos won, literally a couple of days after he kills many Eternals and tries to destroy the Machine (and the Earth).

He is basically space Hitler, THE worst person you can think of in 616 and he is elected in a vote? Give me a break.

This would probably make more sense if this was Thanos in his anti-villain days but now it seems he's just written off as pure evil again.

Properthe1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

“Odin is The embodiment of five Elder Gods”

Elder Gods are quite powerful as they have…

* Been said to exist in every reality and across all time, as well as threat existence itself

* Said to make reality itself fall

* Be capable of feeding across reality and affecting different times, again said to be capable of consuming everything

* Again said to be able to exist across time

* Said to be “a nightmare beyond existence”

* Again said to be the end of all things

* Gaea has given power
to save all of creation
to Hercules

And the same mere Zeus has also been included with a guidebook claiming that certain beings could end the multiverse itself, of create a new one.

Odin is easily Multiversal.

Odinazzara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel_slaps: i just want Zuras to put up a better fight,not him getting stomped by thanos...also Odin will still beat Thanos ,that power creep applies to even him

Thanos has the power of the God Quarry, which is the graveyard of many god-like entities including Odin and Celestials. Thanos pretty much has taken the power from the ones within the Quarry.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/hJf5rPj1pjYZPv9zJYRMCIUttm1IVay_kI3uAmMDcuDtfFeLuMO5YFj9Ku7xVsRi_V1GZtQ6irG3DmI7x1BgSU7TvIV8oe2rzO5OeJNk4MHBMbvWM9AmVLgcV5mHPyHAZ3m4TvNRNg=s1600

He begins to overpower his future self that not only has the Power Cosmic, but has defeated entities like Old King Thor, who's > Odin, and--might I add one-shot--a Galactus with a lot of prep.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/AE_O9CQ2isSG4huBSfenF_HI6f0AqH4VIZpngvcrGFGKnaz0IMiboXUI3-qIkCCl2D2HTPNpqx0dEyzv6RZfl6N49hqlyoqWVHIt0_V9m74juj3_88Yo5015jtlCYzdk_XhJgiiWVQ=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/Kg9ouukmq6OgBLhcR09lEJPRa3LTmoaE3MqMPvlFR7Q6pP5VkN1MVsLoEKhsR6YmJFIvjhJa4fO1ZlcVOZn4birMkMhDCFLBk1wlzj7xAeNehVFyXcZI__mbWyCRr-LQ0D0bTxx9wQ=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/4fEq76i-ASx6Ak39trHvBjlyQCNWKeFBRIXbiCcjQ4rhUTgwRlMjKBFPOniYbRhEjC-J1USHbq5_PGXeQhTc3Ok73UPyu0iRWr9GBb2aG6t7Qi0MbI8WKn1qIrPRMcuHfZ3b_E04jg=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/4fEq76i-ASx6Ak39trHvBjlyQCNWKeFBRIXbiCcjQ4rhUTgwRlMjKBFPOniYbRhEjC-J1USHbq5_PGXeQhTc3Ok73UPyu0iRWr9GBb2aG6t7Qi0MbI8WKn1qIrPRMcuHfZ3b_E04jg=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/cOFp-tOHN9tabHwjCiC_9d8twkzHeyNBzA4HIRG5E7nkWS9OUX6dvA2K3jFB9zBh5Cf8RqlXUvJvFYrRR1duKEuiuqG7df8gGtsVSXio7dL2wdfujf9Dj4d6Jbnu1IXCLfClqqCA7g=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/RisBm7Ecfb_55hVgUfBX6Mob7WWm5UpQfScxW-88WTweAH8cqmJ7VQMqQEmjZBRCXduef1gheiTsvpusg2KuKHuzGRb9liXgJRaaYeupRzXESlyNbwjb5SaImJ14r0_A9iNGBBVRkw=s1600

I don't really see why Zuras should've put up a better fight.

marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By marvel_slaps

@superprimetime: | "What nonsense are you spouting Thanos’s feats in recent years an incomparable to him in previous years if anything he’s gotten weaker that being said a lot of marvel characters are weaker it would seem marvel has a new vendetta for making good stories rather then just making powerful characters."

The fact he was taken out by the eternals in the latest eternal’s run and had to flee was pathetic Zuras has gotten weaker just as Odin has gotten weaker just as Doom has gotten weaker just as Thor has gotten weaker just all of marvel as a whole save a few characters."

You understand Thanos was quite literally weakened this entire run. The only reason the team of eternals did any real damage to thanos in their fight was because thanos was literally thrown into a tear in reality, which tore his atoms from his body.

Also, Zuras getting weaker? Don't make me laugh. There are numerous statements of eternaks getting stronger with each resurrection, whereas we actually know both odin and Zeus are nowhere near their primes anymore. Odin doesn't have the odinpower, and Zeus isn't being worshipped any more, which is where his power comes from.

Also, thanos far and away has better feats than he did in the classic Era, and its not even a debate. He's literally out here punching through celestial bones in his solo comic, and he's somehow weaker now? Stop.

marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superprimetime: Bro, Ikaris literally had to send a weakened thanos through a vortex portals that were tearing at both of them. Ikaris also immediately got folded, even after the temporal portals did their damage to thanos. Also, the fact that you unironically believe Phoenix thane is only planetary when he destroyed one in that same run casually is a joke.

Not to mention, in his battle with thanos, he literally SHOOK THE UNIVERSE. But yeah, I guess shaking the universe is planet level now? Oh, by the way, Thane wasn't KOd from the planet being destroyed, he was KOd BECAUSE THANOS PUNCHED HIM THROUGH THE PLANET LMAO.

If the hulk is fighting spiderman, and he punches spiderman through a wall, it wouldn't be the wall that did damage to spidey, it would have been the fucking punch from hulk. Again, Thane wasn't KOd from the planet, he was KOd from Thanos wombo comboing him. The planet was just in the way.

Dude, thanos literally just now killed prime zuras. He punched through celestial bones. Adam warlock thinks he can kill mephisto inside his realm. AND THANOS LITERALLY FOUGHT PRIME ODIN BEFORE THANOS RECEIVED SEVERAL MASSIVE POWER BOOSTS. Odin even blatantly said he and thanos had relative power levels, and it had been eons since he fought someone like Thanos. Keep in mind, Odin fought surter just about a few years before this. But I guess you don't think Surter is skyfather level either, huh?

marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanos wins!

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superprimetime: "You mean he was thrown in a black hole in the Guardians of the Galaxy and mistress death had to come in clutch so he could reconstitute meaning despite being weakened he was unkillable and it was even stated during the fight with the eternals in eternals issue 2 that ”thanos’s wounds close as death itself rejects him from her embrace“. Your point remains to be seen Thanos in the early modern era wouldn’t struggle with Ikaris."

Except I literally already explained that the only real damage done to thanos in the fight were through the portals he and ikaris went through which tore at them both. After that he immediately began overpowering ikaris. Also, I'm more referring to " current" in a more colloquial sense, as in thanos after secret wars. Right now he's in a weakened state, but that's obviously temporary.

"Except apart from statements that remains to be seen I’ve actually read the previous eternal runs if they got stronger everytime then why the hell are they human level for the start of the 2007 run with no powers, it’s only after Ikaris dying that he reawakens their powers and even then they are substandard compared to previous portrayals.

And Odin even when he did have the Odinforce in modern era is weak as is seen in War of Realms when fodder elves took him, elves that Earth’s heros had no problems dealing with, even as the Iron All-father he was beaten by Malekith meanwhile Thor who didn’t have the Odinforce he just got mjolnir back beat Malekith with low diff. Odin got weaker and even before that he struggling with Jane foster when they fought, Classic Odin was destroying galaxies no diff do not compare them."

I'm actually genuinely shocked by your response here. Are yiu sure yiu read the 2007 eternals run? It was literally stated In the run that the eternals were deactivated. Their powers were deactivated. We see in other instances when their powers ARENT deactivated that they don't come back as human level and actually come back stronger and faster, which is also literally stated in the eternals 2007 run that you are referencing.

Also, I'm not even saying Odin is stronger. I'm saying Zuras is. Current Odin means nothing to me, as a weaker thanos fought Odin on relative footing when he was pulling off the feats yiu are referring to. His galaxy level feats you like to bring up, which aren't even odins max capacity btw. Sure, Odin is weaker in the modern era. Still doesn't effect my arguement at all.

"Now this statement just makes you look completely foolish if you had early modern era it would’ve been arguable, but you said Classic when everyone was OP, Thanos was taking hit from Classic Odin and while Thanos was clearly being overwhelmed and losing he could match him for a bit we all know he would’ve lost if the battle proceeded Odin was just pissed off if anything. Punching threw celestials isnt impressive, celestials vary in power unless its named with feats they can’t range from country level to universal, Dark celestials are incapable of destroying planets and aren’t even city level in size and they were killing some celestials as they fell from the sky at the beginning of the latest avengers run in that same run she-hulk was punching into holes into them so it’s not impressive unless that celestial has feats.

In reality modern Thanos doesn’t have feats that suggest he is galaxy level as opposed to Classic Thanos they shouldn’t even be compared Thanos got irredeemably weaker and the number of abilities he has only got smaller they aren’t comparable."

LMAOOOOO. Country level celestials?? Stop it. Dude, Odin literally needed to pull out a weapon to gain any level of advantage over thanos. Before that they were literally fighting on equal footing. Bear in mind, Odin didn't use gugnir, his spear, to perform any of the galaxy level feats you're talking about. Not to mention Odin himself literally mentioned he and thanos had similar power reserves of different Origins.

Literally the weakest celestials scale above some cosmic cubes. Like actual no name celestials. Not that it matters. The bones thanos punched through survived a blast that killed The One Above All celestial. These celestial bones were easily universal on durability, if not higher. Dark Celestials literally shattered the first firmament in their war with the rebels. Yet they can't destroy a planet? That's actually fucking stupid. Also, the size of a celestial doesn't dictate its power. She hulk onky dented ones armor, and didn't even phase its actual form in any meaningful way. Plus, those same dark celestials literally killed the entire celestial race in that same comic. Are yiu saying the entire celestial race is sub planet level? The celestial bones thanos punched through did have feats too.

Thanis literally has fuckloads of scabs that imply he's onky gotten stronger, you're just using headcanon to assert the opposite for some dumb reason,

marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By marvel_slaps

@cull_obsidian: Mfs out here arguing for country level celestials just to downplay thanos.

marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superprimetime: Aspirants are dark celestials. They are called dark celestials in ultimates, and only showed up in avengers after ultimates concluded.

Gugnir channels odins power yes, but it also amplifies it, which is clearly shown when it obviously damages thanos far more than odins other blasts. It's real fucking obvious.

If you read thanos wins, the celestials that king thanos killed included TOAA, who's bones survived the blast. Thanos made the temple out of those bones. Reread the comic if you don't believe me.

marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superprimetime:

I'm just gonna do bullet points here

No, I'm talking about 2015 secret wars.

Thanos was aware about gamoras presence on the planet and let her kill him. Please keep in mind that thanos can change his own durability depending on the circumstances, due to him being an eternal and his powers coming from the ambient cosmic energies around him that he mentally controls.

The black hole thing just is countered by the point about. Thanos not being mentally there means he can't control his own power as well. For the record, in thanos imperative when thanos came back, he wasn't entirely mentally there yet, and he was literally directly stated to be not at his full power yet. This isn't just headcanon, it's directly stated.

Kang was amped and that story isn't canon. Plus that was thanos from the 70s, which would only help my arguement of thanos growing stronger since recent times.

Ikaris staggering thanos is not the same as him hurting thanos. Characters like thor have been able to stagger galactus and odin with hits. Hulk has been able to send Zeus flying with a punch. Ikaris phasing thanos isn't the same as him doing any real damage.

Regardless on your entire celestial point, it doesn't make any difference at all. The celestial race that the Dark celestials soloed already bodied the first firmaments aspirants In one panel during ultimates. Clearly the dark celestials scale to the aspirants anyways.

Also them detonating weapons doesn't insinuate its a bomb. Detonate just means to activate. They literally exist as massive technological machines, all of their attacks are "activated".

Not like it matters anyways, since they literally survived the blast that shattered first firmament into pieces. They would scale to him in durability regardless.

Since when was it stated the celestials would struggle destroying a planet?? Also she hulk in that book was stated to be stronger than banner hulk, and still only dented the celestials armor. Didn't even really break through it. Keep in mind, in that SAME RUN, odin said none of the weapons in asgard, including the odinsword and jarnborn could pierce their armor. But yeah, I guess the odinsword is only planet level right?

My point isn't that King thanos killed toaa. My point is that modern thanos punched through a temple made out of TOAA celestials bones.

Odin literally said he was trying to kill thanos. His sons life was on the line. YOU are using headcanon by arguing odin held back. Also, odin has gone all out before without using the destroyer or the odinsword. Like in his battle against infinity. Or Ymir. Or galactus. Also, I'm literally just making a deduction for gugnir clearly amping odin. Why would you use a weapon if it doesn't help you at all in a fight? It's simple logic. Plus, we literally SEE the weapon on panel do more damage to thanos than any of odins normal blasts. He took thanos so seriously that he literally said they had relative power levels.

All of your arguements at this point are either taking scans out of context, or now just grasping at straws like with the odin point. It's really not fun to engage in debates where your opponent is just trying to drag it out. It's pretty obvious that most of yall are doing your best to just lowball thanos here, actively ratting about context to do so. If you have any questions about any of these scans I'll be happy to post them.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@properthe1: well I dont think its possible for Odin to be multiversal, as beings like Galactus and the other aspects would destroy him

He had the power of many sky fathers and the destroyer armour and couldnt destroy one celestial

marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cull_obsidian: Galactus would just be higher into multiversal. Bear in mind, when galactus fought the other and the scrier he was a threat to the entire multiverse as well. Even in ultimates a weakened hungry galactus would have consumed all of space and time.

Celestials literally created the multiverse, and are above cosmic cubes, so it's not unrealistic for them to be multiverse level either.

Odinazzara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel_slaps said:

@superprimetime:

I'm just gonna do bullet points here

No, I'm talking about 2015 secret wars.

Thanos was aware about gamoras presence on the planet and let her kill him. Please keep in mind that thanos can change his own durability depending on the circumstances, due to him being an eternal and his powers coming from the ambient cosmic energies around him that he mentally controls.

The black hole thing just is countered by the point about. Thanos not being mentally there means he can't control his own power as well. For the record, in thanos imperative when thanos came back, he wasn't entirely mentally there yet, and he was literally directly stated to be not at his full power yet. This isn't just headcanon, it's directly stated.

Kang was amped and that story isn't canon. Plus that was thanos from the 70s, which would only help my arguement of thanos growing stronger since recent times.

Ikaris staggering thanos is not the same as him hurting thanos. Characters like thor have been able to stagger galactus and odin with hits. Hulk has been able to send Zeus flying with a punch. Ikaris phasing thanos isn't the same as him doing any real damage.

Regardless on your entire celestial point, it doesn't make any difference at all. The celestial race that the Dark celestials soloed already bodied the first firmaments aspirants In one panel during ultimates. Clearly the dark celestials scale to the aspirants anyways.

Also them detonating weapons doesn't insinuate its a bomb. Detonate just means to activate. They literally exist as massive technological machines, all of their attacks are "activated".

Not like it matters anyways, since they literally survived the blast that shattered first firmament into pieces. They would scale to him in durability regardless.

Since when was it stated the celestials would struggle destroying a planet?? Also she hulk in that book was stated to be stronger than banner hulk, and still only dented the celestials armor. Didn't even really break through it. Keep in mind, in that SAME RUN, odin said none of the weapons in asgard, including the odinsword and jarnborn could pierce their armor. But yeah, I guess the odinsword is only planet level right?

My point isn't that King thanos killed toaa. My point is that modern thanos punched through a temple made out of TOAA celestials bones.

Odin literally said he was trying to kill thanos. His sons life was on the line. YOU are using headcanon by arguing odin held back. Also, odin has gone all out before without using the destroyer or the odinsword. Like in his battle against infinity. Or Ymir. Or galactus. Also, I'm literally just making a deduction for gugnir clearly amping odin. Why would you use a weapon if it doesn't help you at all in a fight? It's simple logic. Plus, we literally SEE the weapon on panel do more damage to thanos than any of odins normal blasts. He took thanos so seriously that he literally said they had relative power levels.

All of your arguements at this point are either taking scans out of context, or now just grasping at straws like with the odin point. It's really not fun to engage in debates where your opponent is just trying to drag it out. It's pretty obvious that most of yall are doing your best to just lowball thanos here, actively ratting about context to do so. If you have any questions about any of these scans I'll be happy to post them.

Yeah, every one of this supported by the comics themselves. I'll go with the Thanos vs. Odin scans first.

Firstly, both of them weren't holding back. Odin's son was on the line and he was enraged, and Thanos knew reasoning won't do shit.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/5V01hCgmgDw-8i9sxMTC16UaiMngycReGYVOTC-WJZiku97EoLHJY_3p-g6XWCNIigvBynQH4_L9lg=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/t-_yDiP86mo31c7fv4CmIfJGWosALOqGyjut2o8D6VaQMtiQtx-yMOy1J8ycJdsbpY0yf03GhdQtDg=s1600

Secondly, Surfer is a non-factor, since he's fodder to both, and gets taken out by Odin early on in the fight.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/Ck6K6_uM2glnH9AaBkU9lJoJ4QVqxKufZQtJNmjKHx6ZqHDUNK3DguOAWCCvkY34NFH9DgPLZQl52g=s1600

We get to the actual fight itself. Odin blasts Thanos, it does nothing. Same goes with Thanos, does nothing.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/T3e_6dEjBg4oGML25AUVrzq1oE8xPyIJUdRp49NnpswBqL1Ux8g_Bcwn9NzymxB5UjPiF9G57uLM2Q=s1600

Blast from Odin does barely anything.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/kvEVPV6U_RtgEL55l_8j_7nV_A2mpNGRzBKm-sTvGAyBhg6mKYvEoD9N9YMtHJl5e9dBzVHMXL-AkA=s1600

Odin blasts Thanos directly in the face, and after that he states he's shocked that he's still alive, clearly supporting he was going all out and had killing intent. Then Thanos blasts him and it also does nothing. As you can see in the fight, they blast one another, but either, at the very least, recover from it, or feel absolutely nothing--showing they're equal, on par.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/U0ktglSawv9ykiaPkuL6DFgpUzDmZ0nYyyiKcrNa7pSgll-HlJC_E2nuwj3HlhRBVjOQrRAMrMjDBQ=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/4bRQhlKG_QrLI_pn0Z-gdHtxxpYX0rKUDTwv3Gq-kRKhteoJay44BXrcbBobPs_XjGPGWAqx_Hhg5w=s1600

Then in the fight Odin states he and Thanos have similar power reserves as they fight on par.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/lXPOPacG22DeO5mIds2xg9AGXeTc_OCsvKJBDB1BfAmlSXfb7fyDxuyyQgOHcjaNkW7yyD7EpvqPLw=s1600

Thanos then traps Odin in a construct that doesn't scale to them at all, and the All-Father easily breaks out of it. Then Odin brings out Gungnir, and starts to turn the tide of the battle. And even then, Thanos didn't want to surrender and tanked blasts from his spear. This shows Gungnir was an amp to Odin's power, as earlier he was equal to Thanos in power, but the moment he brought out Gungnir the battle instantly changed.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/a1wq5HY2Z8R24VpZFGCTDcncn4KjDty-K0JekDDzSwELh1ayKD8zDqf8uRkP-ybdIxQbFmXZL6Dmkg=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/NRPH9MjqZ5KM5KdtNkvjrIlzHzz02HCEfPqIT0VtIINplTLG1TJM9_KqkOmGd0IwjBY7zO7sJAE0pA=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/s4BXd6LIWxFWZS_oCBGUm7hJudOlwzcW0JyJ4JnhZuit92dJt13hHwKLFFIynMwh3bX0NFHG1fXA1g=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/IftEuuSkGz4hXvC5kKCGB2OxrZ43L6j8bUbnVuAiTr4RZzp5n32Ndldh4vvYS9rNgSsl0qjccWcmZA=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/poZ7vTuLqGTyPgV4TEGPvy07UX_HXXioLyEd4YkHR3V00ZioeW_SEQcjel-noMI8is5VX2X_JPi9-g=s1600

Then we have the statement with Odin, saying he hasn't fought an opponent like Thanos in eons, which should include entities like Surtur.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/emkTj0BCdN6XQ4niOt6Nu1PdjqursQG-RLwHey8Y5RX_ipxZeiBQfjleRDx14VzM7OnZ9feoqNz_hg=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/OTAPMW6SxbWIXtvO30g1Aa_oHFpz9aZzAEIUwKkPjPgs4slpibRuaWYyaYu1YLKThpcMwzOfDyDY2A=s1600

So I don't get the sentiment that Thanos is lower than Odin. They're on par until Odin's Spear of Destiny gets brought out.

SirDragonFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By SirDragonFly
@superprimetime said:

This is headcanon at no point is it ever stated that Gungir amplifies Odin’s power and even then Odin still held back as he did not use the Odinsword so your point is moot as at the end of the day Odin didn’t go all out nor did he wear the destroyer armour or any of his other armours he didnt take Thanos too seriously.

We've already gone over this 6 months ago, why are you back at it? Gungrir clearly amped Odin's attacks, the evidence is there on panel, and Odin clearly didn't hold back, there were multiple pieces of evidence to it.

marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirdragonfly: you won't get through to him, even though the blast literally did more damage to thanos than any other attack odin had used prior to this.

People say odin was holding back because he didn't use his weapon until the end... but then forget that he didn't use his weapon on galactus either. Or infinity. Or seth. Or any number of those people.

SirDragonFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By SirDragonFly

@marvel_slaps: that's what I told him before. But he thinks that Odin held back because it wasn't stated that he destroyed galaxies in that fight and that he asked Thanos in the end whether he will yield or not.

marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirdragonfly: well he also thinks some celestials are country level so I wouldn't put that beyond him.

Odinazzara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This can be discussed at the Thanos Discussion Thread

marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cull_obsidian: sure, that works. I just can't imagine there'd be an awful amount of people disagreeing with skyfather Thanos on a thread centered around all things Thanos.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By dami24434

Anyone read symbiotes spiderman crossroads #5 ,Zuras got a nice feat there ,he was able to hold off an amped karnilla who was threatening reality long enough for Odin to remove the stones from her head. It also shows Odin and Zuras are peers atleast Zuras is slightly weaker than Odin at best

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel_slaps: Anyone read symbiotes spiderman crossroads #5 ,Zuras got a nice feat there ,he was able to hold off an amped karnilla who was threatening reality long enough for Odin to remove the stones from her head.

marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dami24434: yeah, I know. Zuras is skyfather tier, just people don't wanna admit it because that would mean they would need to accept skyfather level Thanos in the process. I have no idea why, but there's this weird, unspoken rule that Thanos needs to ALWAYS be below skyfather level in base form on comicvine and other battleboard sites.

Hell, vs battle wiki outright bans scaling Thanos about skyfather level. It's a really closed in mindset and it goes to show people aren't willing to change their mind on any new scaling changes. Everyone on comicvine still thinks it's the 1970s in comic power scaling terms and heralds are only planet level. Or odin is only galaxy level.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By cosmic_reign
@dami24434 said:

Anyone read symbiotes spiderman crossroads #5 ,Zuras got a nice feat there ,he was able to hold off an amped karnilla who was threatening reality long enough for Odin to remove the stones from her head. It also shows Odin and Zuras are peers atleast Zuras is slightly weaker than Odin at best

No Caption Provided

Last 2 books were pretty good!

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By rajjarsalt
@cosmic_reign said:
@dami24434 said:

No Caption Provided

Oh no.

Post-resurrection Thanos has fodderized him twice.

marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superprimetime: Holy God please stop talking. You don't read the books you're talking about.

I'm not saying thanos has a feat of destroying a galaxy. He has SCALING to get him above that. Like Adam Warlock saying he scales above in realm mephisto, or omeshotting a temple made of TOAA celestials bones. Or killing Zuras, who scales to Zeus. God forbid I bring up King Thanos scaling.

As for the Thanos Durability thing, most of his power doesn't come from tech enhancements. It's mostly from Death. And, like all eternals, thanos can control his own physical body with his mind. And no, this isn't just his energy blasts. Rocket raccoon actually said his durability itself was lowered when thanis came back, not fully mentally there yet.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/e1b578ad03b2b8e0afc0cd556aae7963/tumblr_nvp8e0z0YL1rvm5qqo3_1280.jpg

"I'm betting your not back to full strength yet to take a hit off this baby... I have it set to quarter power."

Bear in mind, eternals consistently change their durability based off of their own mentality.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a8/5a/7a/a85a7a0cdb18c22f2bbec831dd403bb7.jpg

"Like all eternals... he has total mental control over his physical form"

Dude, that's as blatant as you can get. Thanos KNEW of gamoras presence, and lowered his durability accordingly. If you don't wanna argue Thanos can lower his durability, then I guess he also scales to King Thanos, and literally broke one of King Thanos's bones in half.

Now you know the Kang story is not canon. Nice job. Moving on.

Dude, I already addressed that the only reason thanos was hurt was because the temporal portals were "tearing" at them both. Those portals did more damage to Thanos than ikaris did. Literally later in the run we see Thanos casually overpower ikaris with little difficulty at all. Ikaris in their second fight couldn't cause mortal wounds to thanos at all and was immediately negged. Not to mention the scan literally states THAT THE TEMPORAL PORTALS TORE AT THEM. It's super fucking blatant. Both of them got damaged, you're just cherry picking the statements that make thanos look worse.

Dude..... the godkiller armor was created by the aspirants...TO FIGHT THE REBELS. It wasn't the rebels weapon that they detonated. The rebels didn't have the help of the armor. Infact, we literally see the rebels ONESHOTTING the aspirants on panel.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/4/45/Celestial_War_from_Ultimates_2_Vol_2_6_001.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170429140348

And again in ultimates

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/CjJ_go7ptpryVFsLMB7ZNUV5y3LM_TRuoRtJk6eN4rHSEDUD6QEWWkQRQGUCcbjm9Gqsp8EITbNu_KuNkDNx8_yGrlhBDLxLPR87BWowI8uyZ07ND13lVO0FKOFd4F1KHEFkwuLwAA=s1600

Celestials literally consistently body dark celestials. And Exitar only solar system level? Are you having a laugh? Yes, Cosmic Ghost rider killed a celestial, but that's because Cosmic Ghost Rider has tons of OP feats. Like bodying someone who scales above mephisto. Or soloing the marvel universe across several timelines, or laughing off a blast from galactus. When she hulk DENTED (not broke) the dark celestials armor, that was most likely an outlier. In that same run Odin said none of his weapons in asgard, including the Odinsword or Jarnborn could damage their celestial armor.

Also, I'm not saying all celestials are equal. I'm saying literally random celestials with no name that just show up scare the shit out of cosmic cube beings. If Cube beings were so OP they wouldn't be terrified of a random fucking celestial.

Also, no, the fourth host never beat the aspirant. The fifth host did. Please read the comic. The fifth host is actively stronger than the fourth host, and Thanos still scales to them.

Weird how you talk about evidence and how I'm using headcanon, yet you're using your own headcanon to assume the celestials used any other weapons other than the weapons THAT THEY LITERALLY LIVE INSIDE. You're the only one making assumptions here. If youre known to always carry an AK47 on you, and no other weapons, and then I hear that you shot someone with a weapon, I WOULD ASSUME YOU SHOT THAT SOMEONE WITH THE WEAPON YOU CARRY ON YOU AT ALL TIMES, not a completely different weapon that I've never seen you use before. There's the simple concept of Occams Razor. You're just projecting your own fan canon instead of taking the narrative at face value.

Dude.... The blasts that shattered the first firmament weren't directed at the first firmament... THEY WERE DIRECTED AT THE OTHER DARK CELESTIALS. It was literally just the aftershock of their attacks that shattered TFF? Also, it takes eons for celestials to be born. As soon as the first firmament got shattered, he took his aspirants with him. They didn't have TIME to create offspring. Also, if the blast shattered the entire firmament, there wouldn't be anywhere for any of the aspirants to hide to where they WOULDNT be effected by the blast, since they literally exist inside of the first firmament itself.

Also, don't act so suprised about the she hulk multiversal shit. Heralds have multiversal outliers all the time. Thor literally shook the multiverse I'm his fight with another thor. It's not consistent, but the feats happen.

Dude, even current comics use jarnborn as a celestial level armor, yet it couldn't damage the dark celestials in avengers. Also, Mjolnir isn't the most powerful weapon in asgard, we just see it used by skyfathers all the time.

Also, what the fuck are you talking about? Odin even when he was younger GOT MAULED when the second host of celestials showed up. Like he literally got fucking bodied, along with his entire avengers team, INCLUDING the Phoenix and the Starbrand.

The story being set in a future timeline doesn't matter when you consider that it was an INEVITABLE future that was destined to happen to the 616 universe anyways. All feats from that timeline would be realistic to happen in 616, or it wouldn't be fucking fated to occur. Plus, do you not understand how decay works? What in the cosmos millions of years into the future after everything died would be able to break down celestial bones? Because in order for decay to happen, something needs to BREAK THE BONES DOWN first. When cells decay, it's because they're generally deprived of oxygen. But celestials live in space, where oxygen doesn't exist. Again, you need to PROVE to me that the celestials decayed in the first place, instead of using your weird headcanon.

-------

I'm tired of typing, but I'm gonna let Odinazza deal with all your dumbfuck odin points. I really don't have the mental fortitude to deal with this right now, and it's obvious you're not gonna admit you're wrong here. No use to battle on two different fronts when you won't even concede one.

Odinazza, take it away.

marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: Nah but "Nooooo thanos isn't skyfather level, how could he be? That would mean I would be wrong"

SirDragonFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please keep in mind that thanos can change his own durability depending on the circumstances, due to him being an eternal and his powers coming from the ambient cosmic energies around him that he mentally controls.

Headcanon that was never shown in practice plus Thanos doesn't have all of the exact powers of the Eternals. No proof that he can change his own durability.

No Caption Provided
marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirdragonfly: Dude, there is actually loads of proof. If anything that guidebook is contradicted by the numerous times thanos HAS actually lowered his durability before in the past.

It was actually elaborated that drax killing thanos wasn't because drax was stronger, or thanos's kryptonite, or what have you, it was just because thanos wanted to die.

When thanos was resurrected in guardians of the galaxy #25 and in Thanis imperative his mental state wasnt fully developed, and coincidentally, he was blatantly not at full strength.

The list goes on. That guide is actually blatantly wrong, since thanos actually DOES have mental powers and matter transforming abilities. Not just on other objects and bodies, but on his own form as well. Such as when he kept his form stable traveling through the nexus of realities.

Please don't use blatantly contradictory guidebook statements to debunk a consistent point.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmic_reign said:
@dami24434 said:

No Caption Provided

Oh no.

Post-resurrection Thanos has fodderized him twice.

Oh yes....Great for Thanos!

But doesn't negate that Marvel has just shown Zuras to be peers with Odin!!

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#145  Edited By Karkus

10-33, all Galaxy level Thanos supporters needed on Thanos needing his entire armada to planet bust via a chain reaction and the planet's destruction killing a clone of himself that was explicitly far more powerful.

No Caption Provided

Or how Thanos' head was blown off by a 100 megaton explosion

No Caption Provided

Or how Thanos needed the help of Surfer, Thor, and Terrax to blast through rock.

No Caption Provided
marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus:

Okay troll.

Thanos was too busy distracting Omega so that his ships could all do that. It's not that Thanos couldn't blow up the planet. He's blown up planets before, literally in his first appearance, it's that he couldn't be on the world when it exploded so he sent his fleet instead.

"Oh, but why couldn't he be on the world? It's only a planetary explosion after all"

The explosion destroyed a planet, but it also destroyed a fuckload more. Remember, this planet is highly combustible, so it packs in way more power than a regular planetary explosion. We actually see this when the blast completely eradicated the ships all around the planet and outside of its orbit.

Hell, in that exact same run omega fed on SEVERAL PLANETS, completely destroying their core. The blast being able to eradicate omega is evidence alone that it wasn't limited to a mere planet level explosion.

Quasar said the blast was "between thanos's ears", which means he attacked inside of thanos's head. Regardless, it's not a great look for odin if he can't oneshot someone who doesn't laugh off 100 Megaton explosions. The point remains, this isn't an antifeat for thanos's outer durability, and even then, doesn't change the scaling at all.

That last scan isn't even Thanos struggling. He just used the other herald type characters to make the process quicker. Like, it's not like he would've been incapable of blasting through moonrock, when literally Thanos DYING would've been able to destroy the moon entirely.

https://external-preview.redd.it/cH44rafi-a8wMWF0rS7QAm8J_0evcrsZ9UcvVCdXwF4.jpg?auto=webp&s=542a2c83af87718a2bf7239e56e81b776b045028

This isnt even a blast from thanos either. It's just the energy released from his death. But sure, stick with your sub moon level bait.

SirDragonFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By SirDragonFly
@marvel_slaps said:

Dude, there is actually loads of proof. If anything that guidebook is contradicted by the numerous times thanos HAS actually lowered his durability before in the past.

No Caption Provided

It was actually elaborated that drax killing thanos wasn't because drax was stronger, or thanos's kryptonite, or what have you, it was just because thanos wanted to die.

Wrong. The issue has emphasized more than once that Drax has a special ability to kill Thanos and that he is his kryptonite. Drax getting an energy aura and killing Thanos is more than enough confirmation for that.

It's true that Thanos was weakened, but Drax was also. Again, ZERO evidence of Thanos intentionally lowering his durability.

When thanos was resurrected in guardians of the galaxy #25 and in Thanis imperative his mental state wasnt fully developed, and coincidentally, he was blatantly not at full strength.

Correlation does not imply causation.

The list goes on.

What list?

That guide is actually blatantly wrong,since thanos actually DOES have mental powers and matter transforming abilities.

It's not wrong. The guidebook says that he doesn't naturally have the same abilities as other Eternals. SO just because he developed similar abilities later due to magic, modifications, and various power-ups, doesn't mean that he can replicate everything that regular Eternals can.

Such as when he kept his form stable traveling through the nexus of realities.

He didn't keep himself stable, that's headcanon. He literally said that reality-warping and other physical attacks have little effect on him due to his nature, and not because he willed himself to be more durable in that panel or something.

Please don't use blatantly contradictory guidebook statements to debunk a consistent point.

Please don't use contradicting out of context feats or statements to debunk a non-contradicting guidebook statement.

marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirdragonfly:

Please, show me the scan that says drax has this special ability to kill thanos. because, again, it's stated drax was weakened. Nowhere does it state thanos was weakened through any other means apart from his own power.

Correlation doesn't not imply causation, however Correlation can be used to support a holistic outlook on an arguement.

"What list?"

Perhaps when thanos resurrected in guardians and immediately died to a black hole. For the record, not only thanos, but other weaker heralds are able to survive black holes. Yet this single occurrence after thanos resurrects and is mentally unstable does his power decrease.

Please show me thanos gaining a power level that would allow him to reform his body from transmutation in the nexus passively.

I didnt say he willed himself to be more durable. I should probably rephrase, that he actually reformed his own body after it was transformed. We actually DO see his body morph itself on panel, and then revert to normal. They clearly have an effect on his body, he's just able to revert his form back to its original self.

Also the guidebook statement you posted merely said he LACKED their mental and matter Manipulation powers. It says nothing about him not having them naturally and then getting them later on. It just says he doesn't have them at all, which is blatantly untrue. You're trying to rephrase the guide to where it holds up under scrutiny, but the fact is is that it's wrong.

Nowhere does it imply it's only talking about thanos's natural, birth given powers. It literally just says "Thanos lacks the abilities of other eternals" which is dead wrong. Thanos CAN control his form, AND has mental powers. You're drawing a line that the guide itself doesn't make clear.

Non contradicting guidebook statements? The guide literally says Thanos doesn't have powers which he's been SHOWN to have.

Odinazzara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superprimetime:

"I agree that Odin with Gungir is superior to Thanos thats what I’ve been saying this entire time, the idea it amped him is unknown while it did obviously change the tide of the battle I merely want tot refrain from saying anything headcanon as the databook says it merely channels odin’s power that being said it’s hard to refute what was shown in the scans."

The databook doesn't state that whatsoever. It says that it can channel Odin's power, not that it's limited to it. Look at the wording carefully.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/PYBEn6zJJduNRgO4zkvRGwp1pyh5rYdsqEDsB7oKnsETG2cvVmq8qh7bKItObuuuL93jXyG34lgcb3ShQmy-ihioXWdMSMQfZOIUSON5VnMtCjdbqlKe3vR7-kC6w9c3KGGsOg=s1600

"Both of these weapons are made of Uru metal and are objects through which he can channel his power."

Notice how it says it CAN channel his power, not that it ONLY channels his power.

Also, the guidebooks/databooks are actual dogshit, they say things that Odin can't move worlds or read minds, yet he clearly has in THE COMICS THEMSELVES, like when he fucking destroyed planets and galaxies with Infinity, or when he went into the mind of GALACTUS. The only time they can be credited is if they support anything in the comics, but that's it.

"That all being said Gungnir is standard equipment for Odin I’m not sure why he didn’t start out the fight with it as it’s his signature weapon."

It's his signature weapon, yes, but the reason why he didn't start off is because he thought Thanos was gonna be easy, but as I STATED EARLIER, Thanos survived it. So he brought it out when he realized they were on par, AS HE STATED AND SUPPORTED IN THE FIGHT ITSELF.

"Regardless it wasn’t the Odinsword and he wasn’t using the destroyer armour so the idea he went all out should be abolished tbh."

That's the shittiest logic I've ever heard. By this logic, me wielding a nuclear bomb strapped to my adamantium magnum dong is me "going all out." Going all out is giving your all, literally your OWN power, not some other weapons or amps, like Gungnir.