So Thanos is now essentially the Sky father of the Eternals

• 170 results
Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In the latest Eternals issue, Thanos dethroned the Eternal Prime Zuras both Astrally while Zuras initiated the uni mind and then Physically by killing him again

Bear in mind that Thanos is weakened and is in a makeshift body after coming back from the Blackhole in his chest and being incompletely resurrected during Guardians of the Galaxy (2019)

This is an upgrade, but one while he hasn't got a powerful body, as the Eternal Prime he can use the uni mind and can ressurect himself

What do you think?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

AKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nice!

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: Yeah he can definitely be called the most powerful Eternal

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact he's related to the Eternals just makes him even more lame since the Eternals have energy projection and he doesn't.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laiks stake: I'm sorry what are you talking about??

Thanos has some of the most powerful energy projection abilities in marvel

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cull_Obsidian

@laiks stake:?

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Goku still solos with training, only weak people use amp to be in another tier.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antebellum: lol why are the trolls out

It's not an amp as such it's a ranking and position

Goku is weak to TP and thanos now has the uni mind

Goodnight goku

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Antebellum
@cull_obsidian said:

@antebellum: lol why are the trolls out

It's not an amp as such it's a ranking and position

Goku is weak to TP and thanos now has the uni mind

Goodnight goku

Haha, Just messing around no need to worry.

Anyway, Nice the scans you posted, I'm glad to see Thanos with Eternal mythos on his comics again (it's been a long time since I haven't see it so focused)

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime Eternal Thanos sounds interesting but it looked like Zuras jobbed.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd: He's supposed to be comparable some what to Zeus

But Thanos fought for an extended time an angry Odin in Asgard

He already killed Zuras before by crushing his head, and now he beat him Astrally when Zuras activated the uni mind then proceeded physically beat him

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuras job ,he is a bum now.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TakenStew22  Online

The fact he's related to the Eternals just makes him even more lame since the Eternals have energy projection and he doesn't.

I think you're confusing this with MCU versions.

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course Thanos has energy projectio, wth is this? LOL

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dami24434: what makes this a job? He was arguably stronger then Zuras anyway

marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does no one understand the simple concept of power creep? Yeah, sure, thanos lost to Odin in the 90s. Let's just pretend like comic characters don't get stronger over time, and ignore every thanos feat from the past ten or so years.

Zuras didn't job. He just fought modern thanos. Idk what you expected to happen.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noice

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So he still a Titan? Was Titan even a thing? I dont remember.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TakenStew22  Online

So he still a Titan? Was Titan even a thing? I dont remember.

Yes. Titans were basically Eternals but on... well, Titan.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cosmic_reign
@cull_obsidian said:

In the latest Eternals issue, Thanos dethroned the Eternal Prime Zuras both Astrally while Zuras initiated the uni mind and then Physically by killing him again

Bear in mind that Thanos is weakened and is in a makeshift body after coming back from the Blackhole in his chest and being incompletely resurrected during Guardians of the Galaxy (2019)

This is an upgrade, but one while he hasn't got a powerful body, as the Eternal Prime he can use the uni mind and can ressurect himself

What do you think?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I think it was a very clever way of Thanos becoming Prime Eternal....BUT with context:

- Druig initially explains that Zuras will be unprepared for any challengers for the Prime Seat!

- The Uni-Mind seemed to be in disarray considering how Druig describe the component Eternals that were involved(Majority were non-Zuras believers etc)

- Zuras then bails out of the Uni-Mind....Thanos retained the majority votes, then broke up the Uni-Mind to kill Zuras....(Prime Eternal is usually boosted)

Still a great feat for Thanos, and I'm pretty excited to see what he does as PRIME ETERNAL. 🤞

--My thoughts on it!!

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmic_reign:

Yeah I agree, very clever way of him getting power especially given that he is weakened

Definitely context aswell like you said

He legitimately (in terms of for and against votes) won that contest

Thanos actually forced him out of the unimind via astral wrestling Zuras as he was thrown out

Yeah I'm excited aswell, just hope it's not ruined and he can retain it for a while

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By McFlicky

Why would thanos even want to rule over that pack of screwballs?

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcflicky: so he can get a more a new more powerful and complete body via the Eternals resurrection machine

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cull_obsidian: Been wanting to read this Eternals run, but got bored after the first issue.

Is it worth to read the series?

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always seen Thanos as one of the ultimate Eternals. I'm glad Marvel is empathizing more on his Eternal roots.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always seen Thanos as one of the ultimate Eternals. I'm glad Marvel is empathizing more on his Eternal roots.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RajjarsAlt
@marvel_slaps said:

Why does no one understand the simple concept of power creep? Yeah, sure, thanos lost to Odin in the 90s. Let's just pretend like comic characters don't get stronger over time, and ignore every thanos feat from the past ten or so years.

Zuras didn't job. He just fought modern thanos. Idk what you expected to happen.

Lol Thanos never became skyfather level without empowerment and modern Thanos was still a teambuster

Cates wanked Thanos more than any writer ever but even he added a new flashback feat for Blood and Thunder where Odin matched Thanos and Surfer at the same time, and this is what he thinks about Odin.

No Caption Provided
marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: Again, thanos vs Odin was from the 90s. Let me reiterate, characters get STRONGER. Regardless, odin literally oneshot surfer, so it's not like surfer made any difference to the beam struggle. You're literally just helping my point. The fact that Thanos can MATCH odin in a power struggle, even in the 90s, puts thanos comfortably skyfather level. Idk the point of you sending the Odin scan either, since it's literally hyping Odin up.

Not to mention, there are actually direct statements of Thanos getting stronger not only with time, but with each resurrection. In the Thanos Imperative he was described as being "at the height of his power"

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/783015906967158815/909053971975512084/main-qimg-f29b7cf87030bb91e524bd66cc4f7be7-lq.jpeg

Not to mention, while weakened, literally oneshotting Zuras TWICE in the same run. Or perhaps Adam Warlock believing Thanos to be capable of "squashing" mephisto while Warlock isnt looking.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/783015906967158815/908904714098311229/image0-31-3.jpg

I could go on. Im not even sure what team buster means to you, but Thanos has a solid history of holding his own against skyfather tier characters and, more recently, directly overpowering them.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: Again, thanos vs Odin was from the 90s. Let me reiterate, characters get STRONGER. Regardless, odin literally oneshot surfer, so it's not like surfer made any difference to the beam struggle. You're literally just helping my point. The fact that Thanos can MATCH odin in a power struggle, even in the 90s, puts thanos comfortably skyfather level. Idk the point of you sending the Odin scan either, since it's literally hyping Odin up.

Not to mention, there are actually direct statements of Thanos getting stronger not only with time, but with each resurrection. In the Thanos Imperative he was described as being "at the height of his power"

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/783015906967158815/909053971975512084/main-qimg-f29b7cf87030bb91e524bd66cc4f7be7-lq.jpeg

Not to mention, while weakened, literally oneshotting Zuras TWICE in the same run. Or perhaps Adam Warlock believing Thanos to be capable of "squashing" mephisto while Warlock isnt looking.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/783015906967158815/908904714098311229/image0-31-3.jpg

I could go on. Im not even sure what team buster means to you, but Thanos has a solid history of holding his own against skyfather tier characters and, more recently, directly overpowering them.

But the problem with your case is that it flows back to mine - that was Thanos under the empowerment of Death's Avatar, which was pivotal into resolving the conflicts presented by the Cancerverse in Thanos: Imperative. My argument was that Thanos had Surfer's help in the matching.

Mephisto is a good showing, but I'd put him at Hell Lord, because he is one.

The Watcher statement implies a certain level to Odin's feats, but it is the "most powerful god in the 10 realms" statement. Odin also brought CGR back to life and pulled him from the timeline Thanos needed a shard of TimeStone to escape. Killing CGR was beyond King Thanos's ability.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: yeah I'd say its good, although thanos isn't written amazing lol

And it's clear this reboot/ retcon is for the film, as its a big over haul

But hopefully it will end well

marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: The loss of thanos's title as avatar of death doesn't imply the loss of the power he gained through his resurrection. Check any of the statements saying he got an amp in Thanos imperative, and you won't find one that says he got the amp because he was an avatar of death. All the statements say is that Thanos either got stronger after coming back, or death granted him power (which she did even before he became her avatar, so that arguement doesn't even work).

Regardless of this, Thanos has gotten far stronger since this point as well through other means. My arguement is that surfer's aid makes zero difference when he is a literal non factor to both thanos and odin. Thanos might have had surfer's help, but if you really think that the only thing separating Thanos from Odin's level is a little bit of help from surfer, Thanos is already at skyfather level as it is. I can tell you the gap between "teambusters" and "skyfathers" is much larger than surfer alone could make up for.

Warlock was referring to mephisto within his realm, as that's where warlock banished him to in that story. If you think mephisto inside his realm isn't relative to odin, we can cover that ground too.

Wait. Are you trying to argue Odin is above King Thanos? Also, "most powerful God in the ten realms" is likely referring to Norse gods alone. Either that or you'd be arguing Odin is more powerful than Chthon and Gaea, which he obviously isn't.

As for the cosmic ghost rider shit, Odin being able to resurrect cosmic ghost rider and pull him from a timeline is only a hax, and not an expression of raw power. King thanos is far more powerful than cosmic ghost rider, just simply didnt have the hax to overcome his immortality. Keeo in mind that Odin didnt even kill cosmic ghost rider, just brought him back. These are two completely different things.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: I'm pretty sure this here is as blatant as you can get bro 😭😭

You do understand Zuras is equal to Zeus, and he's only gotten stronger since their fight, right? Like it's so obscenely obvious Thanos is at or above skyfather level it's kinda funny that people still choose to deny it.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RajjarsAlt
@marvel_slaps said:

@byondeon: I'm pretty sure this here is as blatant as you can get bro 😭😭

You do understand Zuras is equal to Zeus, and he's only gotten stronger since their fight, right? Like it's so obscenely obvious Thanos is at or above skyfather level it's kinda funny that people still choose to deny it.

Zuras wasn't equal to Zeus, Zeus was gonna atomize him and that's decades old

marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By marvel_slaps

@rajjarsalt: Dude, they were literally fighting evenly. Zeus said he would scatter his atoms, but that was clearly an empty threat as shown by them literally fighting evenly. Like obviously when two people are fighting one person is gonna say something along the lines of "Oh I'm gonna kill you" or "You won't survive this fight". That doesn't mean we should give any level of value to that statement.

Stop playing mental gymnastics when the fight was shown directly on panel to be an even match.

Also, please, before you start arguing this point, counter my arguements from earlier.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@marvel_slaps: Thoughts on Zuras getting beat up by Gilgamesh?

No Caption Provided

And thoughts on Thanos being defeated by the GoTG?

marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus: The gilgamesh thing can just as easily be explained away by the fact that eternals get stronger and faster after each death. This literally just means Gilgamesh has "died" more than Zuras has.

As for the GOTG thing, Bendis is an idiot, and that's a pretty obvious outlier. In that same story Thanos quite literally got sent flying with a punch from the Thing, yet he no sold the same punch back in the 70s. Pretty clearly inconsistent.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TakenStew22  Online

Don't know why we're arguing Skyfather level Thanos. Zuras matching Zeus in energy projection back in the 70's is a good feat but he most likely hasn't been as impressive since.

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well... at least the big raisin has gotten a makeover. I kind of like his new look.

marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By marvel_slaps

@takenstew22: Zuras quite literally never does anything. The fact that one of his maybe 2 only feats is matching zeus is enough, and you'd need a valid anti feat to prove inconsistency.

But if one feat isn't enough, I could also reference ikaris with Zuras's power being able to tear through celestial armor.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/783015906967158815/909517547022463016/main-qimg-c2ce694f6d7fd2ebd2e0137697b1525c.png

Or hurting Ghaur inhabiting the body of a celestial.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/uploads/original/11111/111113915/7776330-rco018_1583555468.jpg

Please remember that Ikaris only was able to perform these feats with the power of Zuras that he inherited after his death. Please also remember that 3 skyfathers put together couldn't even phase arishem with a blast.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11127/111276539/5364809-2547730429-f2k4W.jpg

So outright HURTING Ghaur and damaging his armor should be impressive enough to make it consistent. Before you try to argue that Arishem is above the celestial that ikaris hurt, please keep in mind that ghaur was possessing "the dreaming celestial", or Tiamut, who has actually beaten arishem in the past.

If this isn't enough to prove consistency I have no clue what is.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel_slaps:

The gilgamesh thing can just as easily be explained away by the fact that eternals get stronger and faster after each death. This literally just means Gilgamesh has "died" more than Zuras has.

Except Gilgamesh only died once. It just means Zuras is weaker than Gilgamesh, who himself is weaker than Thor.

In that same story Thanos quite literally got sent flying with a punch from the Thing, yet he no sold the same punch back in the 70s.

Like you said, power creep. Thing gets stronger overtime.

No Caption Provided

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Karkus

@marvel_slaps: You are aware how inconsistent Celestial armor durability is right?

Good point bringing up Ikaris with Zuras's power. He couldn't even beat Apocalypse.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TakenStew22  Online

@takenstew22: Zuras quite literally never does anything. The fact that one of his maybe 2 only feats is matching zeus is enough, and you'd need a valid anti feat to prove inconsistency.

But if one feat isn't enough, I could also reference ikaris with Zuras's power being able to tear through celestial armor.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/783015906967158815/909517547022463016/main-qimg-c2ce694f6d7fd2ebd2e0137697b1525c.png

Or hurting Ghaur inhabiting the body of a celestial.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/uploads/original/11111/111113915/7776330-rco018_1583555468.jpg

Please remember that Ikaris only was able to perform these feats with the power of Zuras that he inherited after his death. Please also remember that 3 skyfathers put together couldn't even phase arishem with a blast.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11127/111276539/5364809-2547730429-f2k4W.jpg

So outright HURTING Ghaur and damaging his armor should be impressive enough to make it consistent. Before you try to argue that Arishem is above the celestial that ikaris hurt, please keep in mind that ghaur was possessing "the dreaming celestial", or Tiamut, who has actually beaten arishem in the past.

If this isn't enough to prove consistency I have no clue what is.

So Zuras' power can damage a Celestial, and yet he stalemated Zeus who his power combined with 2 other Skyfathers got no sold by another Celestial...

Aren't you already seeing the problem in your argument here?

marvel_slaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By marvel_slaps

@karkus: Bold of you to assume that just because we've only seen Gil die once that means that's the maximum amount of times he's died.

In all honesty, I've listed off several feats for Zuras above that put him at skyfather level. Gil either self amped enough to reach his level, or that feat is an outlier. Take it however you will. But the fact is Zuras, and characters with his power, not only have feats matching Zeus, but also have feats of damaging celestials, which is something skyfathers have consistent issues with.

As for the Things supposed "power creep", if you're honestly trying to argue Thanos is consistently below Guardians characters, I can show you ten more feats to suggest the opposite. You yourself seem to recognize the idea of the Guardians beating thanos seems quite absurd. At this point its almost typical for bendis to write stories like that. But I'm sure we could at least Agee that thanos losing to a group of street level characters with maybe one or two high-mid tiers is almost certainly inconsistent.