• 53 results
Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@johndeyvido:

Tanking an attack means being unhurt from it. If you are KO'ed or hurt then it's not tanking the attack.

Not really, at least not for most people's definitions here. Tanking is more like withstanding the attack(which Iron Man did for the most part and I felt like there was context in the instances he got knocked out). What you described is more like no-sold.

Maybe you don't get how debates should work. You don't have to list all of Iron Man's good feats because it's totally unnecessary, just name the feats that you think are better than Hulk's feats then we are in business.

I was listing the feats that I felt like at least weren't fodder or anything compared to Hulk. We have stuff like the meteor feat, Sovokia explosion(which Tony also a played a big role in and even before the explosion the fact that he could withstand being pushed down at a speed that causes flaming under Sovokia with no trouble was impressive), holding open and fending off an amped Hulk's hand, hurting Thanos with his blasts(you said Thanos wasn't hurt but keep in mind AoU Hulk just ran through a repulsor blast whereas Thanos was actually being pushed back with his sword in Endgame and Rescue blasted him back when he didn't have a sword.), utterly no-selling hundreds of large terrorist missiles being fired at him, the majority of the battle on titan, tanking lightning from Mjolnir and Stormbreaker simultaneously, taking an unexpected Stormbreaker boosted Mjolnir hit and still getting up fight just fine 3 minutes later(I think Hulk's face would've been pulped from that) just to name a few.

Beyond_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

MCU Hulk was treated horribly wrong. Making him professor Hulk was the worst decision they ever made in the MCU. Nobody but a few comic book purists wanted that change. Most of us wanted to see savage hulk just smashing things & possibly being a worthy opponent for Thanos in melee

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 cocacolaman  Moderator

Hulk is stronger and I don't get how you could think differently.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido:

Not really, at least not for most people's definitions here. Tanking is more like withstanding the attack(which Iron Man did for the most part and I felt like there was context in the instances he got knocked out). What you described is more like no-sold.

Are you going to stick with what most people say on CV or the correct thing? Tanking is synonymous to no-selling.

I was listing the feats that I felt like at least weren't fodder or anything compared to Hulk. We have stuff like the meteor feat, Sovokia explosion(which Tony also a played a big role in and even before the explosion the fact that he could withstand being pushed down at a speed that causes flaming under Sovokia with no trouble was impressive), holding open and fending off an amped Hulk's hand, hurting Thanos with his blasts(you said Thanos wasn't hurt but keep in mind AoU Hulk just ran through a repulsor blast whereas Thanos was actually being pushed back with his sword in Endgame and Rescue blasted him back when he didn't have a sword.), utterly no-selling hundreds of large terrorist missiles being fired at him, the majority of the battle on titan, tanking lightning from Mjolnir and Stormbreaker simultaneously, taking an unexpected Stormbreaker boosted Mjolnir hit and still getting up fight just fine 3 minutes later(I think Hulk's face would've been pulped from that) just to name a few.

You just can't help yourself, can you? Filling your arguments with useless information. How is being able to stick to metal surface a very impressive feat and relevant to being stronger or more durable than Hulk? He was able to stick to the under belly of a fighter jet in his first iron man movie so not exactly impressive.

Sokovia explosion - the only person with an impressive feat here is Thor who was at the epicentre of the blast and explosion are weaker as they move away from the epicentre and iron man was like 800m away from it and protected by a lot of soil. A woman survive the Hiroshima nuke 300m from the hypocenter by being inside a concrete building and iron man being further away with better protection and in a protective suit of armor is supposed to be very impressive.

Meteor- he was injured and KO'ed for minutes so how impressive should that be?

Pushing someone back isn't the same as hurting them. Rescue, wasp and shuri combined to fire blast at Thanos and he got up immediately and threw his sword at the van before cap marvel could get there so how hurt was Thanos from the blast?

Hulk faced a smaller blast in AOU compared to EG that where 6 or 8 repulsor beams fired at once and Thanos was hardly moved so he was not hurt from it. Since when is building a function that allowed his suit to absorb lightning equals to tanking lightning attacks ? Unexpected hit my foot, the armor's durability is the same whether tony is aware or not of an incoming attacks. The armor's durability doesn't change at the whim of Tony or are you suggesting that If I fire a gun at iron man with Tony unaware the bullet would hurt more than if he saw the bullets?

The other feats are not canon to mcu so I won't bother commenting on them.