so Marvel continues to sh*t on classic characters

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

And comic fans continue to act like whiny children over stuff.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1. New Character

2. Looks Pretty Cool

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

2nd image looks much better.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

WEll it's offical marvle is out of ideas.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't mind it. Never gave a sh*t about Ghost Rider anyway.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghost Driver lol

That's what I'll calling this title

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#57  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Totally pulling a Sweet Tooth reference.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

It's the whole Flash Thompson as Venom thing all over. Heaven forbid someone else gets the Spirit of Vengeance to breathe new life into the character. He isn't even replacing Johnny, as someone previously pointed out, so why not give it a chance? If you've liked previous Ghost Riders, maybe you'll like this one as much, maybe more. Open minds!

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By consolemaster001

Please....have mercy

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#63  Edited By the_tree

Looking forward to this series. I love Tradd Moore's art; very dynamic, cartoony, and cool.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Posted by FriendlySymbioteVenomMan (8 posts) - 8 hours, 27 minutes ago - Show Bio

He's not replacing Johnny. I think it's cool that they're following up on the Jason Aaron Ghost Rider stuff with Ghost Riders riding/driving/piloting every single kind of thing. And really? Doesn't even look that bad. The forehead thing is kinda funky, but it could grow on me.

#50 Edited by M3th (1359 posts) - 7 hours, 16 minutes ago - Show Bio

MetH for one loves tHis idea of a new GHost Rider from East LA (my neck of tHe woods) and He's a Hispanic like me.

I love tHe new look. MetH tHinks it is pure awesomeness and can't wait to get tHe trade. Plus I Hope tHis series lasts.

However, continue crying fangirls. You're tears taste sweet.

-ABstract4$$#073-

THESE

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By DEADPOOL

Isn't Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider going to be in Thunderbolts? So I have no idea who or what this is, but it looks highly dubious.

2nd pic looks significantly cooler. I wonder if they are trying for a Ghost Rider 2099 spin, or if he's somehow connected to the spirit of vengeance?

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am as russian found this image very funny, especially big "П" on his chest. In Russia we usually call this character "Призрачный Гонщик". We well see what that mean, i am sure...)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@theacidskull: Im not claiming the character is ruined my only complaint here is the forehead thing. It looks weird.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#68  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

Just be happy its Not Nic Cage.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How dare they disparage the spotless reputation of Ghost Rider!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I that Quesada was all about "trying to make stuff more like when I was a kid".

MultipleMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By MultipleMan

It's the fire coming from center piece of the transformed racing helmet. I like it

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

You do realize you can lowride a car right?

Looks cool. Can't wait.

No Caption Provided

Reminds me of Drive, Faster, and Drive Angry.

I like that

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The artist really did an awful job of doing the guy to the rights eyes.

And that's a weird skull design.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Im not claiming the character is ruined my only complaint here is the forehead thing. It looks weird.

it's meant to look like an air vent on a race helmet

No Caption Provided

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: yeah but Ghost Rider shouldnt have a helmet. GR without the flaming skull is like a Superman without the S or Spider-man without webs

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: yeah but Ghost Rider shouldnt have a helmet. GR without the flaming skull is like a Superman without the S or Spider-man without webs

And he does, you'v got your regular old flaming skull GR in Thunderbolts and since the writer said this dude's powers are different from other Ghost Riders I have my suspicions that the car is his version is his "Spirit of Vengeance" and it's alive.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a different character so what's the problem?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#80 vance_astro  Moderator

The reason this bothers me isn't that they have a new Ghost Rider, but that they just had another NEW Ghost Rider last year and nobody seemed to notice. Nobody cares about Ghost Rider. The character hasn't been popular in quite some time. A character that powerful who is often isolated from the rest of the Marvel U doesn't have alot of chance of survival.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By joshmightbe

@jonny_anonymous: the helmet dosent make sense tho. None of the riders on bikes ever wore a helmet. A car means he has even less reason than usual for a helmet

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

The reason this bothers me isn't that they have a new Ghost Rider, but that they just had another NEW Ghost Rider last year and nobody seemed to notice. Nobody cares about Ghost Rider. The character hasn't been popular in quite some time. A character that powerful who is often isolated from the rest of the Marvel U doesn't have alot of chance of survival.

This pretty much sums it up. How many Ghost Riders have we had so far, 4-5? They need to decide which one they want to market and go with that one.

The character design for this one isn't bad but pretty pointless considering the overwhelming amount we already have.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By tupiaz

@vance_astro said:

Has Ghost Raider ever been popular? Hasn't he always been an obscure character? Admitted he has become more and more a laughing stock over the years because of how man different version of him that exist. However I have never heard of him being popular in the past or any runs getting most buy recommendations. Maybe I have missed something?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#84  Edited By TDK_1997

This doesn't look that bad but I have never been a fan of the character so I can't relate properly here.Marvel think they are winning new fans but they can't understand that in that process they are losing their old readers.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous: the helmet dosent make sense tho. None of the riders on bikes ever wore a helmet. A car means he has even less reason than usual for a helmet

It doesn't need to make sense, it's just a new design choice to make him stand out also like I said if it's the car that has the powers it make sense that it's the clothes he were change and not the dude himself.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The car is awesome but the character design is lacking. Anyone have a guess as to what the car is exactly? Looks like a Chevy Chevelle but the front end is more like the GTO.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LeL

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@irishx said:

The car is awesome but the character design is lacking. Anyone have a guess as to what the car is exactly? Looks like a Chevy Chevelle but the front end is more like the GTO.

I thought it was a dodge challenger

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its cool. Screw everyone for being close minded.

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

Its an old B-Body Dodge Charger. You can tell by the grill.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@irishx said:

Its an old B-Body Dodge Charger. You can tell by the grill.

ah your totally right

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#93 vance_astro  Moderator

@tupiaz said:

Has Ghost Raider ever been popular? Hasn't he always been an obscure character? Admitted he has become more and more a laughing stock over the years because of how man different version of him that exist. However I have never heard of him being popular in the past or any runs getting most buy recommendations. Maybe I have missed something?

1.I would assume Ghost Rider was popular by how often Marvel has tried to re-invent him and push him into the forefront.

2.Having several different versions makes Ghost Rider a laughing stock? You realize just about every popular character has several different versions right? Green Lantern, Flash, Superman, Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man etc.?

It doesn't need to make sense, it's just a new design choice to make him stand out also like I said if it's the car that has the powers it make sense that it's the clothes he were change and not the dude himself.

Aren't Ghost Rider's in control of their appearance? Kind of like how characters are when they are wearing a symbiote?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tupiaz said:

1.I would assume Ghost Rider was popular by how often Marvel has tried to re-invent him and push him into the forefront.
2.Having several different versions makes Ghost Rider a laughing stock? You realize just about every popular character has several different versions right? Green Lantern, Flash, Superman, Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man etc.?
@jonny_anonymous said:

Aren't Ghost Rider's in control of their appearance? Kind of like how characters are when they are wearing a symbiote?

I think to a certain degree yes.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been a huge ghost rider fan my whole life and own almost ever issue of his series. After Aaron finished the last series I was happy with its ending and did not mind him going away for a bit. Personally I think this is a good idea. Instead of taking Johnny or Dan in some bizarre direction alla Superior they make a new character and combire some of the more popular racing aspects of the times now. Evil Knivel was huge when Johnny was created today its more Fast and Furious or Drive so I think this will work well and appeal to more people. Plus from what I hear the writer is very talented.

Also on the plus we get to see Johnny in thunderbolts so its a win win

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

LOL Ghost Driver

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

It'll turn into a mini-series like most recent Ghost Rider offerings.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

All my friends know the Ghost Rider.... The Ghost Rider is a little higher.......

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro:

1. Sicne it has failed again and again it seems like he isn't.

2. Iron Man? As far as I only two the same for Cap? Hulk? One (unless you count she-hulk, Red Hulk and so on as version of Hulk; I don't), How many years have it taken to create all the Lanterns and Flashes?Over 70 years? The first Ghost Rider was created in 72 and has gotten 3 new versions within 23 years and two news within 2 years. How many version of Johnny Blaze is known that well? Also Ghost Rider only has one at the time and all the other version can exist at the sam time which also makes a difference.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@rubear: it doesn't mean anything. It's supposed to be reminiscent of the jumpsuit Johnny Blaze back when he was bonded to Zarathos