So do you guys think Saitama and Garou actually destroyed multiple star systems?

• 78 results
takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

takenstew22  Moderator

Poll So do you guys think Saitama and Garou actually destroyed multiple star systems? (111 votes)

Yes, it's a clear cut on panel feat 59%
No, it has context/needs more context 30%
Results 11%

Just wanting to know the Vines general opinion on it. I personally think it's a clear cut feat but I'm surprised to see others arguing against it. There's people saying it's either a big portal or some gravity/matter f%$kery where the amount of energy released darkens out the stars or something. Want to see the majority's opinion.

• 
Avatar image for miguelcervantes
MiguelCervantes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG, these OPM threads never stop

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 takenstew22  Moderator

OMG, these OPM threads never stop

I know but this is an honest poll, I generally want to know peoples thoughts. What do you think?

NinjaRizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly? I don’t know, but there’s not many other ways it can be interpreted, are there?

Like the blast wasn’t teleported, it was just aimed. Meaning it travelled at MFTL++++++++ speeds and wiped out countless solar systems in seconds. Sounds kinda insane.

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cergic

I don't think it's clear cut if the energy from the clash simply dissipated or dispersed the light in that massive sector (still amazing feat) or if it is a large cluster of solar systems that got erased (hopefully), but i think it's one of the two. I think it's a shame how it's not given a shred of further clarification.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pandalumina

there are args for both sides

it really could be anything since there is no comment on it

going to hold off on judgment until there is more context/info

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By heiqn

I have author confirmation ⬇️⬇️

joke

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Murata/ONE wouldn't have made Garou replicate a GRB two chapters ago, with a panel explaining how it's the most powerful explosion in the universe(and can wipe out multiple star systems), and then make Saitama and Garou perform this, only to have them disperse light particles. You really can't get a more clear cut feat than this.

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s kind of controversial in my opinion

The black ball could very well be the moon just the dark side of it

The panel could be showing the reader the dark side of moon

The color of the space and the black ball aren’t the same color of black ink

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The confusion is because the moon outer edge curvature isn’t highlighted with silver / white like a new moon

The clash explosion could’ve pushed the moon into sitting between the Earth and the Sun

Perhaps something will happen with earth moon (god spoilers)

No Caption Provided

A black moon was also shown in soul eater although it was not caused by a new moon but the blood and rage in verse energy of ashura

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And if it was multi solar system Lv Blast wouldn’t exclusively say it was only a threat to earth on two separate occasions

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-633515ca77612
deactivated-633515ca77612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdcdesmond: In this same chapter we already saw the dark side of the moon so this point doesn't stack up.

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deyyy: we saw it pre explosion not post

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdcdesmond said:

@deyyy: we saw it pre explosion not post

Why would it matter if its pre or post? why would the moon get darker after the explosion? not even mentioning that the dark side of the moon has a whole skeleton on it.

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deyyy: the moon could’ve been positioned to the new moon phase which is when the moon sits directly in between the sun and earth off of the strength of the blast

in the panel before the blast the bottom of the moon had been shaded with a lot of pure dark

the Distance is probably just inconsistently drawn from Murata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdcdesmond

the moon could’ve been positioned to the new moon phase which is when the moon sits directly in between the sun and earth off of the strength of the blast

This is all an assumption, u have no proof that in that split second with all that BFR and explosion happening that this explicit phenomenon would happen to the moon. Plus the hole is away too big to be the "dark side" of the moon.

in the panel before the blast the bottom of the moon had been shaded with a lot of pure dark

Yeah he was simply illustrating the dark side of them. As we can see the blast is redirected in the normal side of the moon and we can see the dark side pretty clearly here:

No Caption Provided

unless you're trying to make an argument that in that split time where the attack was redirected and the flash appeared that the moon just changed positions? I personally don't think that's realistically possible.

Lordragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well know by next chapter. If a picture of earth is shown and there no giant hole in space that empty of stars we'll know they didn't bust those stars.

GhostGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Interbaiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Interbaiter

No, they didn't even destroy a moon and they literally rammed into it following the clash. Anyone who thinks they busted multiple stars is a two digit IQ idiot.

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RDCDesmond

@deyyy: Its up for discussion it just seems controversial until we get more clarification plus the thread was created as a question. Im just using a possibility.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deyyy: Its up for discussion it just seems controversial until we get more clarification plus the thread was created as a question. Im just using a possibility.

yeah i agree

Jieldre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s kind of controversial in my opinion

The black ball could very well be the moon just the dark side of it

The panel could be showing the reader the dark side of moon

The color of the space and the black ball aren’t the same color of black ink

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The confusion is because the moon outer edge curvature isn’t highlighted with silver / white like a new moon

The clash explosion could’ve pushed the moon into sitting between the Earth and the Sun

Perhaps something will happen with earth moon (god spoilers)

No Caption Provided

A black moon was also shown in soul eater although it was not caused by a new moon but the blood and rage in verse energy of ashura

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And if it was multi solar system Lv Blast wouldn’t exclusively say it was only a threat to earth on two separate occasions

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The cope just doesn't stop lmaoo

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly thought they just parted stars

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not trying to lowball but I need more context. I’ll hold off until there’s more or it will end up like L&T lol

galaxium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not quite sure. Such a huge feat needs better evidence.

I'm a fan of Saitama btw. I don't mind him being that strong. Just need indisputably evidence.

Ningenoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. What more evidence can you expect? People complaining before about GRB not destroying anything on panel despite the clear cut author's intent. Now you got on panel feat and they need more context lol. Even if Murata himself makes a 60 minute long explanation video about how the attack wiped out multiple star systems low ballers still won't be convinced

Ningenoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Murata/ONE wouldn't have made Garou replicate a GRB two chapters ago, with a panel explaining how it's the most powerful explosion in the universe(and can wipe out multiple star systems), and then make Saitama and Garou perform this, only to have them disperse light particles. You really can't get a more clear cut feat than this.

This

Avatar image for deactivated-6325b5196ee4b
deactivated-6325b5196ee4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude it’s been a day after the chapter. Just wait for 2 weeks for this to get cleared up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkpsychiclord_prime: They explained what a real life event is, not that Garou’s attack was equal to a GRB. We see nothing close to star busting when they go all out in Jupiter’s moon. Garou actually was shocked at what Saitama did to a moon slightly larger than ours.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We see nothing close to star busting when they go all out in Jupiter’s moon.

So u pretty much want them to just bust stars every time they clash? is this really your counter argument? bc if it is then it’s pretty bad.

Garou actually was shocked at what Saitama did to a moon slightly larger than ours

No. he wasn’t shocked like:

“OMG how is he this strong to be able to do that to the moon!!??”

it was more like a surprise and unexpected series of event. It doesn’t debunk anything.

@cvuser377

Randomidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude it’s been a day after the chapter. Just wait for 2 weeks for this to get cleared up.

Can't because it's summer vacation rn.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deyyy: OPM shows collateral damage good enough, unlike many other mangas. Not necessarily every single clash, just one that shows proof of star busting would do, they showed nothing on Jupiter’s moon.

It wouldn’t hurt them to have Blast and his crew say “We may have protected earth, but we failed to save those worlds”. And you are ignoring that they don’t need to worry about earth being destroyed at their location, yet nothing comes close to star busting. That was likely just Blast’s portal.

Garou was “Woah” showing he was impressed at what Saitama did. It’s like being surprised at someone at the gym lifting heights much heavier than you.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 takenstew22  Moderator

CV ain't got time to wait lol.

SpiderMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SpiderMe

This feat literally could not be more clear cut. Big blast of enormous energy is gonna destroy earth, gets redirected, we see it shoot off into the sky, next panel stars are gone. In context it's undeniable. "Questioning" this feat is lowballing because there's nothing to question, it's a straightforward feat.

It's not the moon or any of that nonsense, that's not what the moon looks like lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cvuser377

OPM shows collateral damage good enough, unlike many other mangas.

still it doesn’t mean that they need to show stars getting destroyed ever time or every other time they clash.

Not necessarily every single clash, just one that shows proof of star busting would do, they showed nothing on Jupiter’s moon.

what do you mean by proof? u already have proof that they busted multiple stars on panel? u simply just don’t want to accept it.

So you pretty much wanted jupiter and its moons to be completely destroyed? that’s really unreasonable if that’s the case of you not accepting the feat.

It wouldn’t hurt them to have Blast and his crew say “We may have protected earth, but we failed to save those worlds”.

bro what

And you are ignoring that they don’t need to worry about earth being destroyed at their location,

huh? im not understanding you. Your wording is not really making sense to me.

yet nothing comes close to star busting. That was likely just Blast’s portal.

stated on panel that the gates cannot withstand those levels of energy and the only way to save earth is to alter the vector of the destructive energy far away from earth.

Garou was “Woah” showing he was impressed at what Saitama did

Nothing suggests that. Woah could literally just mean that he was not expecting that to happen and he was not prepare for that explicit event of saitama table flip to happen casually and out of nowhere like it happened.

It’s like being surprised at someone at the gym lifting heights much heavier than you.

Again garou was simply surprised that saitama just out of nowhere threw land kilometers and kilometers into the air. Not that saitama was capable of doing that. Garou fa jin feat is arguably better then what saitama just did so this isn’t a good point.

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That feat is thousands of times better than any other feat in the verse. I definitely needs more context.

KaiThighJu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OPM Stars are just building level in size, the feat is multi city block at best.

Yeah this feat just further supports that Garou's GRB is actually legit and not just some fancy name (Despite the author explaining a GRB is to the readers) like certain people claim it to be.

Avatar image for chris2kzombieki
chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. I think they did, but more context is needed.

Also the people saying that due to them not being mentioned by Blast and Co means the feat isn't what it is shown to be clearly don't understand the point. There could be multiple reasons.

1) Depending on the translations, the Boros species member says "Guess we underestimated earth" Or "Don't underestimate earth". So clearly earth itself is some plot armor planet or something.

2) Boros was the ruler of the universe, so he could have just killed all the species beforehand. Maybe there were not living beings left. This theory is stretching it though.

3) Blast and Co don't need to care about other planets. Earth is blasts home, and were other people he knows live like Tatsumaki. So I think Blast is just concerned about his planet. Would you like earth to be obliterated? Didn't think so.

Azureus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm like 99% sure the blast did destroy all those stars. The context is all there.

Se7enSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Se7enSun

why thinking? we have exact feat.

blast moved them to outer space to make sure earth doesnt get collateral damage from saitama and garou punches. then blast and co redirected the force into singular beam. and we see countless stars is gone in aftermath. recoil blasted both to jupiters moon.

saitama can even destroyed IO with single hand. 1 hand. can keep up with instant teleportation garous made while creating afterimages. kicked/grabbed hyperspace portal like nothing. last but not least, saitama and garou can breath in outerspace. no need to think just accept the fact.

if this not make sense to you, im with you. i also think naruto is universal

Avatar image for notmasteranakin
NotMasterAnakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, this whole concept is stupid. Obviously, the intent was to show Saitama creating a huge hole in the sky. It wouldn't just pan over to a moon for no reason during a fight, and I am pretty sure that Murata at least knows generally how small Jupiter's moon is vs. Jupiter. Coupled with the onomatopoeia, Saitama was definitely meant to destroy the moon. Although, the implications of this is just absolutely insane. I see a lot of people saying that it was "star" or "galaxy" level, but for pure strength, that is IMPOSSIBLY strong. Let's ignore the fact the his punch travels light years in seconds and think about the actual force. Mechanical force doesn't just transmit in space. Either Satiama created an emf wave that doesn't require a medium like a mechanical wave (this fails for other reasons), or he managed to have a force SO powerful, that it was able to create an impossibly powerful wave traveling through maybe a slight amount of Jupiter's atmosphere (projected into space somehow idk), or off of the 0.00000000000000000000000009 kg m^-3 density of space. Independent of whether these were stars or galaxies, this is simply impossible (speed of wave is dependent on medium), so Saitama is just transcendent of this scale as a whole.

Avatar image for deactivated-648a61eb975df
deactivated-648a61eb975df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notmasteranakin:

Let's ignore the fact the his punch travels light years in seconds and think about the actual force. Mechanical force doesn't just transmit in space. Either Satiama created an emf wave that doesn't require a medium like a mechanical wave (this fails for other reasons)

So I’m assuming what you are trying to say is that Mechanical Energy, Cannot be possible without particles? And space barely has particles (Medium). also isn’t mechanical also Kinetic and potential energy? Also I’m still fairly a newbie on physics

OT: Needs more context and statement. Blast said it would only destroy the earth, and not the solar system, much less Endangering it. So I would assume the solar system would be fine? Also If both Garou and saitama could tank a mult solar system attack Potency which is probably 10^55+ Joules, Why on earth would Garou be afraid of a half busting large planet level attack? Idk seems kinda off to me

This is why I said he could’ve just pushed those stars/planets aside

No solid statements so anything goes, until maybe the anime will probably clarify it in the future

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@azureus said:

I'm like 99% sure the blast did destroy all those stars. The context is all there.

huntercuistot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By huntercuistot

Blatant face value feat. Comicvine be like "muh visuals ! Fuck calcs and scaling !" but when they get what they ask they still find ways to cope.

Avatar image for deactivated-648c19ec521e2
deactivated-648c19ec521e2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'd be very weird if they did considering the feats from later in the fight and the fact that Garou thought a more powerful Saitama than the one he clashed with would be killed by the sun.

Xebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By Xebec
@ninjarizer said:

Honestly? I don’t know, but there’s not many other ways it can be interpreted, are there?

Like the blast wasn’t teleported, it was just aimed. Meaning it travelled at MFTL++++++++ speeds and wiped out countless solar systems in seconds. Sounds kinda insane.

when you put into perspective that saitama almost destroyed all of Jupiter with a sneeze, it's not really that crazy

also keep in mind the exponential nature of the attack (which many people don't when individually scaling them), given that Saitama and Garou are both at least Planet level atp, if you multiply the energy levels you get to Multi-Solar System levels

my opinion = fax

ur opinion = creditless

huntercuistot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By huntercuistot

@zackk said:

It'd be very weird if they did considering the feats from later in the fight and the fact that Garou thought a more powerful Saitama than the one he clashed with would be killed by the sun.

Never happened, that was him generating a huge nuclear fission attack.

Coadamol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zackk said:

this is how you know a kid is getting his information from tiktok shorts lmao , there is no sun whatsoever in the whole fight other that garou seeing it and figuring the way to earth from it so he can teleport to earth

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By heiqn

They never mentioned this feat because they didn't see the destroyed stars in real time due to light's travel speed. it makes sense.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I think it is pretty clear

NotMasterAnakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zero_hero: So basically potential energy is the energy that is gained based upon position (gravity in most of cases), and kinetic energy is the energy gained based upon an object's motion. Yeah, you are right about mechanical energy, I was just trying to use a term that would correlate to a punch. The energy itself is possible, the thing is, how is the force of saitama's punch meant to travel through space? When I punch the air in front of you, you feel a gust of air on your face because I applied force on the air as my arm displaces it. When a plane breaks the sound barrier, you can see the air because the sound wave travels through the air. If I punch the space in space, nothing happens, because how is anything meant to happen. What air will be displaced from my hand to then go on your face? Saitama certainly has a LOT of energy+momentum in his punch (assuming he somehow transcended the speed of light), and he also had a lot of force, but it just can't go anywhere. It would have to be impossibly impossibly impossibly strong to do anything to anything in space. Once again, this is impossible tho because of the actual speed of the thing. Other than the speed of light thing (we know that OPM world can go past it), the much more basic concept here is that the "wave" that Saitama would theoretically be producing would be terrifically slow lol (wave speed in any wave is dependent on the medium and the speed in a longitudinal wave happens to be proportional to how close/packed-together molecules are in the medium -> so it's probably like 0.000.... m/s) The actual calculation for the impossible force would include the compression of air and stuff so I'm not trying to spend a lot of time on that. Anyways, sorry if I explained badly. I'm no teacher but I take a few classes.

NotMasterAnakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers