Snyder's JL Cut or Goyer's BvS Script?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Poll Snyder's JL Cut or Goyer's BvS Script? (16 votes)

JL Cut 44%
BvS Cut 56%

So prior to Terrio hopping onto BvS, Goyer was the writer. BUt after some comments he made, he got fired and Terrio was brought on in the behest of Affleck. WB would have been stupid to say no to the request and let him rewrite the movie. Now there's all this buzz about this Snyder Cut. I was scrolling through some comment and was about to reply that I'd rather have the Goyer cut, and that led to the idea for this thread. Which do you think would end up being the better movie? Snyder's JL cut or a BvS that is made using Goyer's script?

• 
Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Snyder cut has always sounded lame. I'd be interested in seeing Goyer through.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Goyer wrote MoS which was a great film, I'd wanna see his intentions with Clark's character.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No idea.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snyder cut has always sounded lame. I'd be interested in seeing Goyer through.

A good JL wouldn't matter to me after BvS since whatever story is there doesn't matter to me. However, lets put that aside and I'd still choose BvS. I never thought JL was going to be a deep movie.I always thought it was going to be a summer blockbuster but it would have been earned if BvS had done it's part. BvS on the other hand had so much potential and a lot to get right, so it's the more integral movie.

Goyer wrote MoS which was a great film, I'd wanna see his intentions with Clark's character.

Part of me thinks that while MoS had some kinks (and I loved MoS), Goyer and Nolan were a huge influence. WIth both of those gone, all we had was Snyder and I don't think Terrio was the right fit for this job. While that still wouldn't bode well for BvS since even with all three MoS was still clunky, I'd like to imagine that it would still be better than what we got.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242 said:

Part of me thinks that while MoS had some kinks (and I loved MoS), Goyer and Nolan were a huge influence. WIth both of those gone, all we had was Snyder and I don't think Terrio was the right fit for this job. While that still wouldn't bode well for BvS since even with all three MoS was still clunky, I'd like to imagine that it would still be better than what we got.

I tend to overlook lots of kinks in films when the cast is good and they're good at playing their roles. The story arc for Clark mixed with Kevin Costner's role as Pa Kent were good enough for me.

I tend to focus on plot holes or otherwise stupid things in the film when it isn't appealing in some form.

I'm not much into who's directing or writing a film and just hope for it to be good, but I was well aware that Nolan and Goyer helped the film to be as good as it was. We'd have gotten more rhyme and reason in BvS if both had stuck around.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think part of the problem was the Superman in BvS was not the Superman we had at the end of MoS and it defeated some of the themes of MoS, not only would BvS be a better movie under Goyer, but it would be more coherent.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tend to overlook lots of kinks in films when the cast is good and they're good at playing their roles. The story arc for Clark mixed with Kevin Costner's role as Pa Kent were good enough for me.

I tend to focus on plot holes or otherwise stupid things in the film when it isn't appealing in some form.

I'm not much into who's directing or writing a film and just hope for it to be good, but I was well aware that Nolan and Goyer helped the film to be as good as it was. We'd have gotten more rhyme and reason in BvS if both had stuck around.

I think this is the only movie in my top 5 where I have a ton of criticisms for it but what the movie does right it does great. That being said, some of it's lows are pretty low.

I love MoS so I hold it to a higher standard and wanted it to be better. I still like dissecting movies and talking about their faults. If a movie just seems to want to be entertaining I tend to jsut overlook the problems but it won't be in a BEST OF for the year.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242 said:

I think this is the only movie in my top 5 where I have a ton of criticisms for it but what the movie does right it does great. That being said, some of it's lows are pretty low.

I love MoS so I hold it to a higher standard and wanted it to be better. I still like dissecting movies and talking about their faults. If a movie just seems to want to be entertaining I tend to jsut overlook the problems but it won't be in a BEST OF for the year.

What kind of lows did you perceive in the film?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: wrote this a while back. It has the summary of scenes that should change and why

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/saint-reboots-man-of-steel-1882561/

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: wrote this a while back. It has the summary of scenes that should change and why

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/saint-reboots-man-of-steel-1882561/

Interesting read.

Still don't understand why this film got so much unwarranted hate.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Goyer's BvS script. What we've got from Terrio was so awful that it killed most of my desire to watch DCEU (I was in mostly for Cav-El).

JL? Bah, it's flawed and rushed Frankenstein's monster of movie, but not so terrible as its predessor.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SaintWildcard

@theamazingspidey said:

@saintwildcard what do we know about Goyer's BvS script?

Not much, but it seems like Lex was entirely Terrio's design if we go by the praise Jesse kept throwing his way because of it. I do recall hearing rumors about a vastly different Luthor before Terrio came on

https://screenrant.com/batman-superman-eisenberg-lex-luthor-street-tough-rumor/

Tattoos and he used to be a street tough, but became a billionaire at the age of 18. I'll take the self made billionaire at a young age and I'll have to bite the bullet with the street tough.