Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
Posted by americanspeeddemon (7213 posts) - - Show Bio

Respect the Supreme Leader of the First Order

No Caption Provided

Accolades

Stated to be powerful with the dark side.

Snoke is powerful with the dark side of the Force

-- Star Wars Databank

Stated to be a master of the force.

A master of the Force and a seeker of arcane lore, Snoke seduced young Ben Solo when the Force-sensitive boy desperately needed a teacher.

-- Star Wars Databank

Andy Serkis's states that Snoke is a dark side user darker than Palpatine.

Snoke is bloody dark; way darker than Palpatine...

He is the dark end of the Force.

[Snoke is] definitely not a Sith, but he’s certainly at the darker end of the Force.

Radiates power and malign energy.

The Supreme Leader wasn’t the towering figure seen in his holographic broadcasts, but he still dwarfed a human. The face was asymmetrical and the body hunched, but Snoke radiated power. A malign energy seemed to emanate from him, one that Hux imagined he could feel sending questing tendrils into his brain.

-- The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition

Knows truths about the force that Sidious hadn't even known.

For Sidious knew that the galaxy’s knowledge of the Force had come from those long-abandoned, half-legendary star systems, and that great truths awaited rediscovery among them. Truths that Snoke had learned and made to serve his own ends.

Force Sense

Senses an awakening in the force.

Snoke: There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?

Ren: Yes.

-- The Last Jedi

Sensed Kylo's Power in the Force

Snoke: Hmm. The mighty Kylo Ren. When I found you, I saw what all masters live to see. Raw, untamed power. And beyond that, something truly special. The potential of your bloodline; a new Vader. Now, I fear I was mistaken.

-- The Last Jedi

Senses Rey's Strength

Snoke: [Rey's restraints are undone] Come closer, child. So much strength. Darkness rises, and light to meet it. I warned my young apprentice that as he grew stronger, his equal in the light would rise. [uses the Force to take Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber] Skywalker... [laughs] I assumed. Wrongly.

-- The Last Jedi

Can sense the future.

Interpreting visions of the future was a dangerous game. Whether Jedi, Sith, or some other sect less celebrated by history, all those who used the Force to explore possible time lines kept that uppermost in their minds. Those who didn’t died regretting that they hadn’t. Snoke had learned that lesson many years ago, when he was young and the galaxy was very different. These days, what struck him was how much visions of the future left out.

Telekinesis

Removes Rey's bindings with a gesture .

Snoke waved and Rey’s binders parted and clattered to the floor—a trivial demonstration of the Force. He noted approvingly that it no longer awed her.

Takes a lightsaber without a gesture.

No Caption Provided

Another seemingly offhand gesture and Anakin Skywalker’s lightsaber ripped itself free of Kylo’s grasp, tumbling past Rey to smack into Snoke’s hand.

Overpowers Rey's Force Pull.

No Caption Provided

Rey raised her hand toward Luke’s lightsaber, sitting next to Snoke on the arm of his throne. She willed it into her hand—and it flew into the air, in a perfect arc that would end in her grasp. Watching Rey struggle against him, Snoke smiled. Calling a lightsaber into one’s hand was such a trivial use of the Force—a trick for the greenest apprentice, its workings almost beneath the dignity of a master of the Force. Nevertheless, he admired the girl’s resolve. She was beaten but persisted. Such hubris would have to be punished. Snoke twisted his fingers, altering the weapon’s path so that it smacked Rey in the back of the head—then spun and continued back to its place beside him.

Ragdolls Rey casually even without gesturing at times.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

“Closer, I said.” She resisted him again, but this time Snoke didn’t limit himself to testing her defenses. He used the Force to compel her body, yanking her centimeter by slow, unwilling centimeter toward him across the polished floor.

Rey tried to resist, commanding her feet to remain planted on the floor of Snoke’s throne room, but it was hopeless—she was pulled closer and closer to the Supreme Leader.

-----

But he did not ignore the fear in Rey’s face. Her shock at learning Snoke’s role in forging her connection with Kylo had disrupted what meager defenses she had. With her concentration broken, Snoke dragged her to his throne, her face paralyzed just centimeters from his own.

-----

He raised his hand and hurled her across the room with the Force, then held her in the air as he smashed aside her resistance and began rifling through her thoughts, her memories, making them his to do with as he would.

-----

“Look here now,” he said, summoning the Force to drag Rey across the room.

-----

“You have the spirit of a true Jedi,” he told her—then used the Force to fling her across the floor. She landed hard, groaning, and the lightsaber clattered and spun across the floor to land at Kylo’s feet, spinning like a top.

-----

Snoke used the Force to hoist her to her knees, arms pinned back.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Ragdolls Hux from across the Galaxy.

No Caption Provided

“Oh good, Supreme Leader—” Hux began, but an unseen force slammed him into the polished black floor of the bridge.

Telepathy

Appears to read Kylo Ren's mind.

Supreme Leader Snoke: [referring to General Hux] You wonder why I keep a rabid cur in such a place of power? A cur's weakness, properly manipulated, can be a sharp tool. How's your wound?

Kylo Ren: It's nothing.

-- The Last Jedi

Kylo Ren studiously ignored Hux as the black-clad general all but strutted out of the throne room. But Snoke had no difficulty sensing the anger that boiled out of Kylo at the sight of Hux’s smug smile. “You wonder why I keep a rabid cur in such a place of power,” Snoke said once they were alone. “Mark this—a cur’s weakness, properly manipulated, can be a sharp tool.”

Forcibly tears his way into Rey's mind.

As on Takodana, with Kylo Ren, she found that both her mind and body had been invaded and overwhelmed. The feeling sickened her—her stomach wanted to revolt, as if Snoke were a physical malady it could purge.

-----

He laughed at the dawning horror on her face, and her attempt to hide it. There was nothing she could hide from him—not with her defenses so inadequate. Not even her thoughts—her deepest fears and secrets—were safe from him.

------

“And now you will give me Skywalker,” he told her. “Then I will kill you with the cruelest stroke.” He saw horror in her eyes—followed by stubborn defiance. “No!” she managed. “Yes!” Snoke replied, exultant. He raised his hand and hurled her across the room with the Force, then held her in the air as he smashed aside her resistance and began rifling through her thoughts, her memories, making them his to do with as he would. The skin at Rey’s temples pulsed in waves, a physical manifestation of the violent intrusion into her mind. “Give me everything,” Snoke commanded.

-----

Rey could feel Snoke in her head, his consciousness a live, hungry thing, carelessly sifting and sorting through what wasn’t his, what he had no right to. The Supreme Leader must have taught Kylo this ability, she realized. But he was far more skilled than his apprentice. Rey was unable to push back against him—his mere presence threatened to overwhelm her. And unlike with Kylo, she had no sense of that mind being left open to her. Snoke’s presence felt like a pit, empty and cold and dark—as if the dark-side cave beneath Ahch-To had gone on forever.

Random bits of memory came back to her as the Supreme Leader scrutinized them and cast them aside. Here she was, alone at sunset on Jakku. Waking from a dream of a cool island in a gray sea. Stunned and reeling beneath Maz’s castle. Holding a lightsaber hilt out in mute appeal. She felt his interest quicken at that last moment burned into her mind. That was what he wanted: Skywalker’s island, and the planet of which it was a part, and what it was called and how she had reached it. Rey tried to blank her mind, to shut him out, to fight him off. None of it worked. Snoke found what he wanted, took it, and discarded her.

She found herself on the floor of his throne room, writhing in pain, consumed by hatred for him.

Uses a mind probe on Rey to find the location of Luke.

Snoke: And now, you will give me Skywalker. Then I will kill you with the cruelest stroke.

Rey: No.

Snoke: Yes. [forces Rey into the air] Give...me...everything. [she screams in agony]

---

Snoke: I did not expect Skywalker to be so wise. We will give him and the Jedi Order the death he desires. After the rebels are gone, we will go to his planet and obliterate the entire island.

-- The Last Jedi

Uses a Mind Probe on Kylo Ren (though he misinterpreted what he saw)

Snoke: My worthy apprentice, son of darkness, heir apparent to Lord Vader. Where there was conflict, I now sense resolve. Where there was weakness, strength. Complete your training and fulfill...your...destiny!

Ren: [picks up his lightsaber] I know what I have to do.

Rey: Ben...

Snoke: [laughs] You think you can turn him? Pathetic child. I cannot be betrayed...I cannot be beaten. I see his mind...I see his every intent. Yes! I see him turning the lightsaber to strike true! [without Snoke knowing, Ren uses the Force to face Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber toward him] And now, foolish child, he ignites it...and kills his true enemy![Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber ignites and Snoke is cut in half at the waist; the lightsaber flies back into Rey's hand; Ren ignites his own lightsaber and he and Rey fight Snoke's Praetorian guards]

-- The Last Jedi

Created the Mental Link between Kylo Ren and Rey a feat that was stated to be able to kill a force user of Rey's caliber.

Snoke: Oh. Have you seen something? A weakness...in my apprentice...is that why you came? [laughs] Young fool. It was I who bridged your minds. I stoked Ren's conflicted soul. I knew he was not strong enough to hide it from you, and you were not wise enough to resist the bait!

-- The Last Jedi

“Young fool,” Snoke said. “It was I who bridged your minds. I stoked Ren’s conflicted soul. I knew he was not strong enough to hide it from you—and you were not smart enough to resist the bait.”

Force Lightning

Knocks back Kylo Ren with a blast of Force Lightning before Kylo can react.

No Caption Provided

Kylo felt rage ignite deep inside of him—ignite and become an inferno demanding release. But Snoke had anticipated that, too. Kylo had only taken the slightest step toward his master when lightning erupted from Snoke’s fingers, blasting Kylo backward and leaving him reeling in pain.

Check out more of my respect threads here

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
#1 Posted by TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings (2746 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm. A respect thread for a villain I do not respect.

Well, great job anyway :)

I did rather enjoy the gif of Rey being hit on the head with the lightsaber.

#2 Posted by RIX (293 posts) - - Show Bio

That robe of his looks pretty comfortable.

#3 Posted by dark-sith123 (5027 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice RT. Snoke really needed it.

I might add that Rey has performed incredibly impressive TK feats such as this:

Loading Video...

Rey is also an equal of Kylo whose telekinetic defenses have been labeled as immense:

No Caption Provided

Yet Snoke still one-shotted her. You could add this just to drive home how impressive a feat it is for Snoke.

Andy Serkis's statements about Snoke:

Snoke is bloody dark; way darker than Palpatine...

He is the dark end of the Force.

[Snoke is] definitely not a Sith, but he’s certainly at the darker end of the Force.

Pretty impressive. The dark end of the Force, darker than Palpatine... nice things to include in a respect thread.

#4 Edited by Kevd4wg (12750 posts) - - Show Bio

I refuse to respect Snoke

Nice RT though

#5 Posted by dark-sith123 (5027 posts) - - Show Bio

*Sigh*

ST haters, disliking the character is one thing, poisoning the thread with personal views is another. Just don't come here to talk bad about the character and say they do not deserve a thread with their feats.

#6 Edited by TheVivas (19447 posts) - - Show Bio

Missing a lot of stuff, but good start.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
#7 Edited by americanspeeddemon (7213 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevivas: I plan to add more as i gain access to more sources.

If you have anything i would be grateful if you sent it to me in a pm

Avatar image for youshallnotpass
#8 Posted by YouShallNotPass (1167 posts) - - Show Bio

Very well done respect thread. I forgot bout the force lightning for some reason.

#9 Posted by Reactor (4354 posts) - - Show Bio

There are no amount of gifs or quotes that will make me respect that grotesque abomination.

I do, however, respect you and your efforts. This is a great start and very well done

#10 Posted by GoofTheFloof (372 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor snoke, he couldn’t hear a rusty lightsaber right next to him

#11 Posted by Necromancer76 (3776 posts) - - Show Bio

Great thread. Glad we get to see more feats from him in the future.

Oh wait.

#12 Posted by dark-sith123 (5027 posts) - - Show Bio

They're probably going to expand on his backstory though.

I'm also very unsure on him being perma-dead, so to speak.

Avatar image for jedi_jesus_fish
#13 Posted by Jedi_Jesus_Fish (23 posts) - - Show Bio

" telekinetic defenses have been labeled as immense"

So, would we be able to say thats PASSIVE Canon force shields?? Do those exist now???

#14 Posted by DeathandGrim (4829 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is Snoke?

#15 Posted by StellatedColt (896 posts) - - Show Bio

Well done. Though I make not like the character, this is well organized. If only he went out a better way.