SJW Marvel Generations: The Strongest

• 58 results
jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The first issue of Marvel: Generations is out, featuring the Hulks.

On another note, it's garbage.

Chulk and Banner Hulk were literally fighting on equal footing, with Chulk soon gaining the advantage. The match eventually ends in a draw.

I have a feeling that every white male in this series is going to job.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You mean cho backing down from fighting the hulk and banner calming down? You realize the comic is a team up book, not a vs rumble one

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't where people are getting this? Cho is not on Banner level. Cho even gave up when fighting Banner because he knew that Banner wouldn't stop and eventually beat him. The whole tussle was just to calm down Banner (and due to plot lol). Everyone knows Banner would stomp Cho. Calm down, bro.

Besides. Cho only got like 3 hits in (One being a sucker punch). The rest of the "fight" was not shown but showed them still facing each other, with Cho wanting to call it quits. Quite frankly, I think even She-Hulk or A-Bomb can replicate what Cho did.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It´s a really bad issue, and if this is any indication of the rest of the one shots, the focus will be on the SJW and PC characters instead of the original ones, Marvel keeps disappointing.

Also, what the hell is Vanishing Point ??

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sigh

To be fair, I have to state that

1 he stalemated CLASSIC hulk, in a fight in which they were honestly perfect equals, which makes sense because they were clearly fighting to the best of their abilities and and later in the issue, they were still portrayed as equals. Cho's feats support this, as well as him being stronger than she hulk.

2. This is CLASSIC HULk. Anyone with decent hulk knowledge knows that post core-breach, the hulk is much stronger, and for anyone who dismisses this, as well as any comments that they were not shown as equals, I would like to point out that this was written by Greg Pak, one of the best hulk writers, the same person that established that classic hulk is weaker than modern, and the same person that established that cho hulk is also weaker than classic as well. He knows what he's writing, and it, to anyone who know about the hulk mythos and cho hulk, is explicitly clear that writing cho and classic hulk as equals makes sense, and when looking at cho's feats, it makes sense as well.

Another user has posted this but the fight: CLASSIC hulk was going to hurt inncoents, so cho sucker punched him, and goaded him into chasing him away from any normal humans. Once they got a safe distance away, cho stopped holding back and him and banner fought to a standstill and then relaxed, gave up, and stopped fighting. Later in the issue, banner sucker punches cho as well, getting him "back" for the earlier attack.

Again, this is CLASSIC Hulk, who is much weaker. Cho is also weaker than modern hulk. Greg Pak is the person who has constructed these facts and is known for consistent writing, so if he intends to show that, especially when it makes sense feat-wise, then it should be true.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stellatedcolt: you are obviously confusing classic hulk with modern hulk. Cho was clearly and obviously stalemating classic hulk. It was obviously the authors intent to show them as equals, both weaker than modern hulk. Mind you, cho stopped the fight because there was no winner, if hulk did so much better than cho, there would be some difference in the text bubbles, they were both in the same style, that is extremely exhausted. If banner could beat him, he would have, he's not the type to just stop fighting someone who had previously provoked him. Banner also jumped on top of him and started hitting him,and cho stopped holding back and threw him off, fighting him to a standstill afterwards. Also mind that cho took a sucker punch and then another attack from banner without much struggle.

Again, cho's feats support him being this strong, and no, she hulk can't do that to even classic hulk, hulk has always been shown to be stronger. Also cho was capable of effortlessly stomping monsters on she hulks level and tanking attacks from a dozen of them, so wrong.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair, apart from some of the cho hulk stuff, banner got some nice character development and it was good on banners side. You know that this will be nothing compared to the Thor issue.

@thor_parker82:

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By righteous300

Lol SJW? You sound childish

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair, apart from some of the cho hulk stuff, banner got some nice character development and it was good on banners side. You know that this will be nothing compared to the Thor issue.

@thor_parker82:

That´s mean, rubbing lemon on the wound bro, not cool :P

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Battle123axe

@thor_parker82: this issue, when find that the mother storm was created by apocalypse, and then Jane Thor farts on hm and one shots.

Oh yeah!

The odinson's there.....

Somewhere...

No but seriously, at least Amadeus stalemating classic hulk makes sense, and Greg Pak can actually write a story featuring the two without shitting all over power levels and history.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: this issue, when find that the mother storm was created by apocalypse, and then Jane Thor farts on hm and one shots.

Oh yeah!

The odinson's there.....

Somewhere...

No but seriously, at least Amadeus stalemating classic hulk makes sense, and Greg Pak can actually write a story featuring the two without shitting all over power levels and history.

The state of Thor now is just sad man, thinking about it makes me sad.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Marvel is awful look at what they've done to Thor just awful dame with Hulk need some kind of event or reboot

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm now reading the Berserk manga. It's crazy brutal, but really good.

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By StellatedColt

@battle123axe said:

@stellatedcolt: you are obviously confusing classic hulk with modern hulk. Cho was clearly and obviously stalemating classic hulk. It was obviously the authors intent to show them as equals, both weaker than modern hulk. Mind you, cho stopped the fight because there was no winner, if hulk did so much better than cho, there would be some difference in the text bubbles, they were both in the same style, that is extremely exhausted. If banner could beat him, he would have, he's not the type to just stop fighting someone who had previously provoked him. Banner also jumped on top of him and started hitting him,and cho stopped holding back and threw him off, fighting him to a standstill afterwards. Also mind that cho took a sucker punch and then another attack from banner without much struggle.

Again, cho's feats support him being this strong, and no, she hulk can't do that to even classic hulk, hulk has always been shown to be stronger. Also cho was capable of effortlessly stomping monsters on she hulks level and tanking attacks from a dozen of them, so wrong.

Oh, this is classic Hulk? My bad, I stand corrected. Although, She-Hulk is still weaker than Classic Hulk? I thought she would've had a buff by now.

Edit: Now that this is Classic Hulk, it makes sense, since that what I thought he was. I must have missed it where they said it was Classic instead of Modern Hulk :P

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: yeah I feel bad for you, we hulk fans have a competent writer who'll make good stories when Bruce returns, you guys have to deal with Odin losing to Jane and being unable to lift mjolnir, and that stupid mother storm business. It's a shame, it really is.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stellatedcolt: yeah, Amadeus traveled back to the time of classic hulk, before Bruce met Amadeus, so that's why their power levels were more equal. No, I don't believe that she hulk has gotten any amps since then, if so her showings certainly do not reflect her being more powerful than amadeus

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe: banner isn't coming back soon the next hulk issue is planet chulk

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: yeah I feel bad for you, we hulk fans have a competent writer who'll make good stories when Bruce returns, you guys have to deal with Odin losing to Jane and being unable to lift mjolnir, and that stupid mother storm business. It's a shame, it really is.

Indeed :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

While Generations could have been used to return old characters and honor Marvel's past, it instead exists to make SJW characters look better than the original heroes. Marvel never learns

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack: no, the next chulk issue is the totally awesome hulk 22, then 23, then planet chulk.

Rock_Hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not wasting my money on this. The only one I might by is the one with Wolverine.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this time travel?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

While Generations could have been used to return old characters and honor Marvel's past, it instead exists to make SJW characters look better than the original heroes. Marvel never learns

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@scott_summers52 said:

I haven't read all the books but just because Greg Pak did something doesn't mean other writers will....

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

lol y'all triggered...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_stegman  Moderator

People will look for any reason to bash "SJWs" on the internet.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@lvenger said:
@scott_summers52 said:

I haven't read all the books but just because Greg Pak did something doesn't mean other writers will....

Bendis, Aaron, Wilson and Spencer are writing the Generation Spider-Man, Thor, Ms Marvel and Captain America series respectively. I'm pretty sure they will make the legacy characters look better than the originals.

People will look for any reason to bash "SJWs" on the internet.

They make it too easy with their obsessive cult ideology and disparaging anyone who even looks at them funny. SJWs are the cancer of pop culture, they've infected comics, movies and had a foothold on video games before Gamergate.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any thread on the make mine milkshake bullsh!t?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Maybe but it hasn't happened yet. I have that expectation with Bendis since Miles is his character. We'll see on the rest.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scott_summers52: @rock_hard: @adamtrmm: @the_stegman: @lukehero: @jashro44: @lvenger: you guys are forgetting a lot of context. You forget that Greg Pak is the guy that made it so classic hulk is far weaker than modern, and this is the time that Greg sent him back to. Honestly, I don't get why people are so angry, as apart from none of the time travel stuff even being remotely explained, the story in between was great, and any fan of banner should read it, it has a good story in between, and Greg DEFINITELY respects power levels, as this is consistent with what he's established previously, that is chulk is much weaker than modern hulk.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jashro44

@battle123axe: I haven't read the issue so I wasn't commenting on the fight. I just think its weird people think this is all some conspiracy to make SJW'S look good.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: yeah okay, I just don't think Greg should get flak like that because it actually is a pretty good issue that makes sense looking at context. If you're a fan of banner, I would recommend it, if you can ignore the whole "vanishing point" unexplained time travel.

apewar012467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course it's "SJW".

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: yeah okay, I just don't think Greg should get flak like that because it actually is a pretty good issue that makes sense looking at context. If you're a fan of banner, I would recommend it, if you can ignore the whole "vanishing point" unexplained time travel.

Yea it looks like people are just mad about the fight but people are over reacting looking at the comments.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Battle123axe

@mowjack:

so·cial jus·tice war·ri·or

noun informal derogatory

noun: social justice warrior; plural noun: social justice warriors

a person who expresses or promotes socially progressive views.

"these social justice warriors want to apply their politically correct standards and rules to others' speech"

People that want to mess up previously constructed continuity to fit their own views.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack:

so·cial jus·tice war·ri·or

noun informal derogatory

noun: social justice warrior; plural noun: social justice warriors

a person who expresses or promotes socially progressive views.

"these social justice warriors want to apply their politically correct standards and rules to others' speech"

People that want to mess up previously constructed continuity to fit their own views.

thank you!

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk I didn't like the issue all that much tbh. I'm really bugged by the time travel no explanation and no-one really cares shenanigans

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe:

I just asked if this story was time travel tis all.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me just say... It's the Incredible Hulk, not Banner Hulk

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Meh

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe: Actually my problem isn't so much Cho stalemating Classic Hulk though I don't believe Cho had operated at that level prior to this issue. My real problem was how evangelised Cho was next to Banner's Hulk until the end of the issue. In hindsight, Pak will be the one who least glorified his legacy character. I'm more fearful for how Aaron, Spencer and Bendis will play up their legacy characters compared to the originals.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Battle123axe

@lvenger said:

@battle123axe: Actually my problem isn't so much Cho stalemating Classic Hulk though I don't believe Cho had operated at that level prior to this issue. My real problem was how evangelised Cho was next to Banner's Hulk until the end of the issue. In hindsight, Pak will be the one who least glorified his legacy character. I'm more fearful for how Aaron, Spencer and Bendis will play up their legacy characters compared to the originals.

fair enough, and actually, cho has been on that level (or near it), especially under the hands of Greg. to be fair, this was banner at the tie where he was all "hulk is curse, gotta hide" and was more shocked at the fact that cho could speak properly, and seemed to have some degree of control over his hulk. up until that point, banner at the age he was then, had never seen another hulk,a nd all he had seen from amadeus was control and fear of innocents. it wasn't up until the end of the issue that amdeus became whiny and mad, and then banner put him down quickly. to be entirely honest, Aaron, Spencer, and Bendis will probably have their characters look better than their predecessors, yet Greg had amadeus exposed in a way that literally redefines how he sees the hulk, and showed him that he was an oversized baby with a lot to learn. from what we've seen of jane, it's the opposite, and for amadeus to look so bad and whiny, it takes guts.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe said:

Indeed :(

But apparently Odin can lift mjolnir in 1,000,000 BC Avengers? I think the galaxy level storm sealed in mjolnir seems kinda cool actually.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: Somehow, Odin is more "worthy" in the past. aside from the fact that he made the damn thing, relying on a fickle storm to define "worthiness" is a horrible idea. the storm would be a cool thing, if it didn't make mjolnir a plot device that thor needs to defeat anyone impressive.

Blaredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People expecting Cho Hulk books to be good are wasting their time. I don't think I've ever smiled at a Hulk book since Indestructible ended.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@righteous300: I agree. Calling characters SJWs is a little over the top. Though I get what he is saying