• 84 results
Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Thitiki

@lvenger: Nice scan Amazo is a beast how was he beat with all those powers?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki: Wally stole his speed before AMAZO stomped the Justice League. :)

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki: Wally stole his speed before AMAZO stomped the Justice League. :)

Oh so in the last scan when he stole his speed it made him a statue?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@thitiki said:

Wally stole his connection to the Speed Force but Amazo still managed to own the entire League over the next few issues. Eventually, only Wonder Woman was left and she had to get Amazo to a portal Batman and John Irons had set up to BFR Amazo to a red star. Only Red Tornado could get rid of Amazo though since his spirit housed an Air Elemental that Amazo couldn't counter in time. Hope that helped answer your question!

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@thitiki said:

Wally stole his connection to the Speed Force but Amazo still managed to own the entire League over the next few issues. Eventually, only Wonder Woman was left and she had to get Amazo to a portal Batman and John Irons had set up to BFR Amazo to a red star. Only Red Tornado could get rid of Amazo though since his spirit housed an Air Elemental that Amazo couldn't counter in time. Hope that helped answer your question!

Yes it did thank you! Sounds epic.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#56 SC  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@green_skaar: Molecule Man has universal level molecular manipulation feats and yet Sentry can somehow overpower him. How is it not bad writing or PIS?

@green_skaar said:

Sentry didn't really overpower Molecule Man though, especially when you bear in mind Brian Michael Bendis modernist writing style compared to the various writers that wrote Molecule Man in the past. Molecule Man was a character that could basically do anything with molecules… and when he would face off against characters like Silver Surfer and Thor and Iron Man they would stand around and gasp and perform actions around a speed that could be easily countered/acted against by Owen. He would disassemble various things associated with the character, use his powers to turn into Galactus etc then be talked down by Tigra. The purpose of the story basically being to show how our powerful heroes are outmatched in sheer raw power by the villain but that there are more ways than physical to beat someone. If the point of the story was to have characters try and use all their available depicted powers to defeat each other comic would be vastly different.

With the Dark Avengers story Bendis was slowly trying to build the threat of Sentry to climax with Siege, but even then it was more to affirm Sentry is incredibly difficult to kill permanently. Its funny because in that story Molecule Man destroyed Sentry three times I think, where as Sentry only destroyed Molecule Man once, while Owen was being distracted at the time. Yet somehow he overpowered him? Really its more accurate to say that Molecule Man underestimated Sentry and paid a hefty price for doing so, which was the purpose of the story as far as what the writer was trying to tell us the reader. Paralleling with that and Osborn trying to control something he has no real ability to control and underestimating how scary Sentry was. Its interesting to note that Sentry was also a Wanda replacement but also helps as far as the characters build up. Or an easy way to frame it is by comparing a guy with a rocket launcher with a guy with a pistol. The guy with the rocket launcher might be more powerful, but a guy with a pistol can still kill him even despite the power discrepancy.

Bad writing and PIS can be a subjective thing but I personally think Bendis was doing alright with what he was aiming for plot wise. Characterization wise… well, different story.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki: Glad to be of help.

@sc Again you amaze me with that well written post. Still I feel that the guy with the rocket launcher should have blown the guy with the pistol away in a one on one fight. Owen Reece has too many high end feats to be taken down by Sentry who only had limited molecular manipulation feats.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#58 SC  Moderator

@lvenger: Thanks my friend and yeah, most of the time the guy with a rocket launcher should win, and even though I am a Sentry fan I am a fan of Owen as well, and would have preferred him to have appeared in Slotts Mighty Avengers or even Gage's Avengers Academy than under Bendis. Bendis isn't the writer you want as far as continuity or consistency with characters powers or personalties. Though in another way I thought it was interesting in the sense that Bendis played up Owen's insecurities and mental frailty since it foreshadowed Sentry's own breakdown and death. A bit overemphasized and contrived but a nice parallel.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

@lvenger said:

@green_skaar: Molecule Man has universal level molecular manipulation feats and yet Sentry can somehow overpower him. How is it not bad writing or PIS?

@green_skaar said:

Sentry didn't really overpower Molecule Man though, especially when you bear in mind Brian Michael Bendis modernist writing style compared to the various writers that wrote Molecule Man in the past. Molecule Man was a character that could basically do anything with molecules… and when he would face off against characters like Silver Surfer and Thor and Iron Man they would stand around and gasp and perform actions around a speed that could be easily countered/acted against by Owen. He would disassemble various things associated with the character, use his powers to turn into Galactus etc then be talked down by Tigra. The purpose of the story basically being to show how our powerful heroes are outmatched in sheer raw power by the villain but that there are more ways than physical to beat someone. If the point of the story was to have characters try and use all their available depicted powers to defeat each other comic would be vastly different.

With the Dark Avengers story Bendis was slowly trying to build the threat of Sentry to climax with Siege, but even then it was more to affirm Sentry is incredibly difficult to kill permanently. Its funny because in that story Molecule Man destroyed Sentry three times I think, where as Sentry only destroyed Molecule Man once, while Owen was being distracted at the time. Yet somehow he overpowered him? Really its more accurate to say that Molecule Man underestimated Sentry and paid a hefty price for doing so, which was the purpose of the story as far as what the writer was trying to tell us the reader. Paralleling with that and Osborn trying to control something he has no real ability to control and underestimating how scary Sentry was. Its interesting to note that Sentry was also a Wanda replacement but also helps as far as the characters build up. Or an easy way to frame it is by comparing a guy with a rocket launcher with a guy with a pistol. The guy with the rocket launcher might be more powerful, but a guy with a pistol can still kill him even despite the power discrepancy.

Bad writing and PIS can be a subjective thing but I personally think Bendis was doing alright with what he was aiming for plot wise. Characterization wise… well, different story.

Thank you for your contribution. As always, well thought out.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: True it did seem to mirror what would eventually happen to Bob but give Bendis any high tier or superpowered characters and he tends to muck up the consistency of what they can do.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No Caption Provided

DODGING FRICKIN BULLETS

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The most impressive scene i've ever seen

Silver Age Superman,bursts the infinity with his infinite speed

No Caption Provided

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AM destroying the DC multiverse

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything Batman has ever done

This. The whole R.I.P arc shows why Batman is one of the biggest badass in fiction, creating a backup identity is one of my most favorite.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am going to say this, I hope now that Wally is returning, he continues to be the fastest Flash, but they dont let him get quite as broken as he used to be. He can be the most powerful DC hero, thats fine, but not by such a large margin as he used to be. Taking down Anti-Monitor nigh single handedly, when the Spectre couldnt beat him, nor could every hero all at once? That is the definition of broken, lol.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#67  Edited By Wolverine008

Captain America is coming for his son b%tches.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Wally didn't beat him...

True, true, but he did more damage than the heroes or Spectre were capable of doing in Crisis on Infinite Earths. If you think that is an ok power level for any character to have, thats fine, but I think it is a little absurd, especially because of his powerset. Id rather see a Martian Manhunter or Captain Atom at that level (which Atom sort of is at this point).

TrueKing95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: I have been looking for the scan of mxy coming to the real world for a while, can you post it?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By reaverlation
deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: He is around J'onn's level lol

I dont think so based on feats. If you take Wally's low showings, then sure, but pretty much any fight he has against his own rogues gallery is PIS. Plot weakened Wally can be beaten by Wonder Woman, Superman, J'onn, a Green Lantern, maybe Aquaman, etc, but full power Wally is a universe ahead of the others in power.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By deaditegonzo

@reaverlation said:

@deaditegonzo: Low feats?Do you know what J'onn has done?

Yeah, I do. And none of that compares to taking on a being who was ending the entire multiverse one on one. That makes Wally above an abstract. Like I said, if you like being at that level, great, but I dont.

Edit: Just look at that scan, J'onn is there with the other heroes and completely useless compared to Wally.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I can easily say how J'onn telepathically took down the Spectre.You're literally blowing that feat out of proportion

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I can easily say how J'onn telepathically took down the Spectre.You're literally blowing that feat out of proportion

And? Flash would take out J'onn before he had a single thought. Im pretty sure in a comic Flash disabled MM just by vibrating through him once. And J'onn taking down the Spectre telepathically is stupid too, imo.

If you like that kind of thing, cool.

ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#77  Edited By ilikedonuts

Trion Juggernaut smashin' dimensions with his fists.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: Was it Wally or Barry? Because I thought that was what killed off Barry for 23 years.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By hart7668
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#82  Edited By Wolverine008
TrueKing95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By TrueKing95

@immortal777: didn't he get rid of the writers and start writing the stories in one scan?

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1