Should we differenciate blunt and piercing damage?

Avatar image for killerinstinct1
KillerInsTincT1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Should we differenciate blunt and piercing damage? (21 votes)

Are different 90%
Are the same 10%

i mean they're just the same, one is more concentrated than the other

• 
Italian007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They’re not really the same. This is why Spider-Man would die to a bullet to the head but can take hits form building level characters

KillerInsTincT1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By KillerInsTincT1

if the guy is strong enough the punch will pierce through his head

KillerInsTincT1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

examples of these are superman piercing through joker's body

saitama vs any monster etc

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

one is more concentrated than the other

Exactly.

Piercing damage isn't something made up in fiction. It literally exists in real life physics. Any force applied with high pressure will be more potent and effective.

Avatar image for fromfurtherdisc
FromFurtherDisc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman is similar to Spider-Man with her durability, good with a blunt haymaker attack but weak against bullets

Avatar image for tighten_returns
Tighten_returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

one is more concentrated than the other

Exactly.

Piercing damage isn't something made up in fiction. It literally exists in real life physics. Any force applied with high pressure will be more potent and effective.

I thought this was common knowledge until I joined this site.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RajjarsAlt

Wonder Woman is just weak, when asked how she can get cut easily despite taking hits from Doomsday, she actually rationalized the OP by saying an arrow can cut her because it concentrates force/area

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 death4bunnies  Moderator

@killerinstinct1:

I split dura, lots of things have split dura, and lots of characters... and a lot of this has to do with the material your trying to beat.

For example.. put on a chain mail glove.. it Will protect you from being cut or stabbed through.. but not from blunt force.. you can stab at your hand all day, your not piercing, but you still feel the force…(this is similar to animals with scales, protects from cutting more than blunt force.)

Alternatively punch a rope… punch a rope until you break it.. it will take weeks to months of punching if you ever beat it… like the force your arms are putting out with punches will take tend of thousands of punches.…. Now cut the rope… took a lot less energy from your arms right?

Chain mail and a rope are two examples of kinda extremes.. something like rope (or a rope creature) can be cut fairly easy, but take punches for days… something with scales or chain mail or skin with those kinda properties might take a good bit of sharp attacks, but can be felled by blunt.
——

Not that they aren’t related, it is force and area..but different materials take these two things differently….pretty much everything in real life has split dura.. look around your room, pick any object and think of it would be easier to cut or punch apart... your pillow might call for a knife, a brick wall might be easier with punches…etc etc.

—-

It’s all about the material in my personal opinion.

KillerInsTincT1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies said:

@killerinstinct1:

I split dura, lots of things have split dura, and lots of characters... and a lot of this has to do with the material your trying to beat.

For example.. put on a chain mail glove.. it Will protect you from being cut or stabbed through.. but not from blunt force.. you can stab at your hand all day, your not piercing, but you still feel the force…(this is similar to animals with scales, protects from cutting more than blunt force.)

Alternatively punch a rope… punch a rope until you break it.. it will take weeks to months of punching if you ever beat it… like the force your arms are putting out with punches will take tend of thousands of punches.…. Now cut the rope… took a lot less energy from your arms right?

Chain mail and a rope are two examples of kinda extremes.. something like rope (or a rope creature) can be cut fairly easy, but take punches for days… something with scales or chain mail or skin with those kinda properties might take a good bit of sharp attacks, but can be felled by blunt.

——

Not that they aren’t related, it is force and area..but different materials take these two things differently….pretty much everything in real life has split dura.. look around your room, pick any object and think of it would be easier to cut or punch apart... your pillow might call for a knife, a brick wall might be easier with punches…etc etc.

—-

That's because the material is redistributing the enerfy from the cut to a larger area, let's say for example you are trying to cut it with enough force it will brake your hand, and if it's even more force either it will cut it or brake the knife but energy to your hand still passes

as for the rope tha same principle applies, if i hit it hard enough it will pierce through the material the rope, obviously more energy is needed

and yeah it's about the material or the feats from the char in this site case

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator
@killerinstinct1 said:

@death4bunnies said:

@killerinstinct1:

——

—-

That's because the material is redistributing the enerfy from the cut to a larger area, let's say for example you are trying to cut it with enough force it will brake your hand, and if it's even more force either it will cut it or brake the knife but energy to your hand still passes

Well yeah, and blocks piercing effect, redistribution is a fine way to do that… or just having hard skin and kinda squishy insides.. tho that’s probably distribution too.

as for the rope tha same principle applies, if i hit it hard enough it will pierce through the material the rope, obviously more energy is needed

Yes, exactly.

and yeah it's about the material or the feats from the char in this site case

I agree.

IRONandFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This site has lowered my faith in people’s intelligence. Piercing and blunt force durability are not the same.

Even if raj just wants to hate on WW while conveniently forgetting Thor has bled from both easily.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This site has lowered my faith in people’s intelligence. Piercing and blunt force durability are not the same.

Even if raj just wants to hate on WW while conveniently forgetting Thor has bled from both easily.

I am the master! What I say, goes!

No Caption Provided

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 strikes with the same force: Stabbing Punching... What would be the result of each

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 death4bunnies  Moderator

@j_normal said:

2 strikes with the same force: Stabbing Punching... What would be the result of each

Depends on the material your attacking.

some materials take piercing damage better , some take blunt damage better.

azraelotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

They are different. Blunt is physical damage, while piercing is piercing. Goku has blunt damage, but not piercing. This is why a laser cut thru him. Bullets can make Goku feel it.