#1 Edited by Omnipotent94 (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

So, the Knightmare arc is finally over with batman #70 and it was very disappointing. Batman had been having nightmares for a 7 continuous issues it was annoying. It was a complete waste of time. So I thought King would at least end this knightmare arc on a high note. I was wrong. The entire batman #70 was just Batman waking up and punching through everyone in Arkham. Not that I don't enjoy batman punching through people's but there is a limit to everything. And the worst part was Batman was threatening Bane like a teenager.

Spoilers for batman #70

No Caption Provided

So after 7 patience testing issues this is what we get?

The only good arc in King's run was 'The war of Jokes and Riddles' and still somehow he has managed to reach 70 issues.

What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by Omnipotent94 (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#3 Posted by DeadpoolUchiha (296 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont care if he still keeps writing batman dc is pretty boring now

#4 Posted by newecho (7271 posts) - - Show Bio

So, the Knightmare arc is finally over with batman #70 and it was very disappointing. Batman had been having nightmares for a 7 continuous issues it was annoying. It was a complete waste of time. So I thought King would at least end this knightmare arc on a high note. I was wrong. The entire batman #70 was just Batman waking up and punching through everyone in Arkham. Not that I don't enjoy batman punching through people's but there is a limit to everything. And the worst part was Batman was threatening Bane like a teenager.

Spoilers for batman #70

No Caption Provided

So after 7 patience testing issues this is what we get?

The only good arc in King's run was 'The war of Jokes and Riddles' and still somehow he has managed to reach 70 issues.

What do you guys think?

I haven't enjoyed but two issues of tom king's batman. I quit after 50. He doesn't get the character and his depression isn't good for the mainstream characters. His hero's of crisis is one the worst events to ever be written. I think he is suitable for the visions and mister miracle's of the world. His style fits those kinds of characters.

#5 Posted by Omnipotent94 (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

@newecho: yeah. Most of his run felt like Batman and catwoman fan fic.

#6 Posted by Black_Arrow (10286 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah he should stop writing Batman.

#8 Posted by Au_141 (1058 posts) - - Show Bio

He probably take a step back from

HiC as well...

#9 Posted by Mister_Surreal (11577 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the point? DC has already butchered him to the point of no return.

#10 Posted by Omnipotent94 (1523 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by foxerdes (10335 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody cares about this piss-poor run anyway. Let us wait for the better times.

#12 Edited by Mister_Surreal (11577 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnipotent94: Until then, I’m just going to act like Batman doesn’t exist outside of Doomsday Clock issues.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#13 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17211 posts) - - Show Bio

He’s literally the reason why I stopped reading Batman.