#1 Posted by Colossus666 (303 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have a problem with it.

#3 Posted by Colossus666 (303 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea I personally agree with you but some people say it kinda defeats the purpose of what he represents....idk?

#4 Posted by G'bandit (13664 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, I mean he is a soldier but he shouldn't use it unless he must, I've always seen cap more of a character of pure skills and that needed no gun to kick ass

But since is Winter soldier.. Well I guess he actually likes to get messy..

No Caption Provided
I love the suit though :D

#5 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio

In case you guys didn't know..the Original Cap carried a gun at one point.

#6 Posted by G'bandit (13664 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"In case you guys didn't know..the Original Cap carried a gun at one point."

yeah, But it wasn't abuse like Winter Soldier is doing.. Cap would always find a way to beat people up and the gun when he hadit was use as last resort :)

If you notice Most Original Cap's arts he only has his shield, In most Winter Soldier Cap he has a gun in hand.. He uses the gun more than the original.

Is not bad because there are fans of Winter Soldier and I bet they like that the character still uses guns and stuff even as Cap :D

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

#7 Posted by Nighthunter (29641 posts) - - Show Bio
Colossus666 said:
it kinda defeats the purpose of what he represents

Whatever happened to the American Dream? It came true. You're looking at it-The Comedian
Whatever happened to the American Dream? It came true. You're looking at it-The Comedian
#8 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
G'bandit said:
"Vance Astro said:
"In case you guys didn't know..the Original Cap carried a gun at one point."

yeah, But it wasn't abuse like Winter Soldier is doing.. Cap would always find a way to beat people up and the gun when he hadit was use as last resort :)

If you notice Most Original Cap's arts he only has his shield, In most Winter Soldier Cap he has a gun in hand.. He uses the gun more than the original.

Is not bad because there are fans of Winter Soldier and I bet they like that the character still uses guns and stuff even as Cap :D
Abuse? Ok first of all you have to realize..Winter Soldier\Bucky is Cap now.There is a difference between their fighting styles and standards.Bucky was a cut throat..he barely used guns..he was used for infiltration and espionage.He would run up on people..kill them quickly with a blade and clear the area.Winter Soldier killed by any means necessary,he was mostly a shooter though.He even killed a former Captain America.Now that he is Captain America..he doesn't use his gun unless he has to..very rarely do I see him shoot anything or anyone.If he was still in a Winter Soldier mind set..I am positive he would have killed The Grand Director for legally becoming Steve Rogers under the Red Skull.
Winter Soldier\Bucky\Cap..all used martial arts.Bucky has the highest body count of them all because he was in a war.If you actually read comics involving Winter Soldier in Civil War..he would be on the cover with guns but he didn't actually shoot alot of people.If Winter Soldier was a shoot first kind of guy he would have killed Cap and Punisher...and probably the Young Avengers as well.You have to remember though..Winter Soldier was no hero..just a soldier for the soviets.Carrying a gun makes sense.

Now.In the series The Adventures of Captain America..Steve Rogers carried his old triangular shield (The one he gave to Patriot) and a pistol.He used the pistol for last resorts but he was fighting racist and nazis and didn't mind shooting them.Neither Steve or JB used their firearms all the time...even Steve who I don't remember even having a holster or anywhere to carry his gun.

The new Cap isn't a murderer.He doesn't kill people or villains for the hell of it.There are plenty of times he actually should have been mad enough to headshot someone but he didn't.He didn't even kill Crossbones who was the first to shoot Steve causing him to get killed.I have read every comic where Bucky has been Cap and he rarely pulls his gun..or his knife.
#9 Posted by Kurrent (14336 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America is a soldier, soldiers carry guns.....case closed...lol

Avatar image for the_social_moth
#10 Posted by the Social Moth (40 posts) - - Show Bio

considering how bucky doesn't really have the awesomeness that Steve had, sure

Avatar image for the_morningstar
#11 Posted by The Morningstar (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap is probably one of my all time favs and I have no problem with Bucky Cap carrying a gun. It shows that the writers and artists are trying and succeeding in separating the two characters, which is a good thing IMO.

#12 Posted by Fallen Victory (7 posts) - - Show Bio
the Social Moth said:
"considering how bucky doesn't really have the awesomeness that Steve had, sure"
Whatever that means....
#13 Posted by King Saturn (222996 posts) - - Show Bio
Sure Why Not ? Cap could have one of my Guns... I got a Tech with his Name on it

lol
#14 Posted by T.M.O.E. (296 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"Colossus666 said:
it kinda defeats the purpose of what he represents

"
actually that first half the question was from Dan Dreiberg aka NiteOwl
#15 Posted by Lantern Prime (12987 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not? This Captain America is bucky for starters. But the old Cap should never bare firearms.

#16 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
Lantern Prime said:
But the old Cap should never bare firearms."
But he did so I don't get it.