Should the idea of Spiderman being gay for a male MJ be tested?

• 50 results
Avatar image for redlanternsuperman
RedLanternSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Should the idea of Spiderman being gay for a male MJ be tested? (74 votes)

Yes 11%
No 80%
Unsure 9%

Should we diversify the comicbook world more by making an iconic hero gay?

• 
blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'll wait till the Supe fans get here. They are among the most sensitive on the site. So this thread should make for good entertainment.

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe

There's no reason for this.

You want "gay" comics make your own comic company.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Andrew Garfield you magnificent troll.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, it's really stupid to change a character with a long, well-known history just for the sake of pushing a political agenda. If Marvel wants to appeal to the gay community, then they should just create more gay characters and make them awesome enough to get into the limelight. I'll admit that I don't mind B-list characters getting remixed for alternate universes. Spider-man is a household name and altering his relationship with MJ would infuriate the majority of his fanbase. Just look at the reception to "One More Day".

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak: Oh god, not One More day... anything but that crap.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote no..There's gay characters in Marvel and DC..use them instead of changing established characters. I grow tired of the gay lifestyle being added into things to break continuity just to appeal to the gay audience.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Killemall

I have no problem with homosexuality in general, but why do we have to put up such gimmicks here.

If its done for the purpose of plot, then so be it, but i cant think of a plot that would necessitate Spiderman being gay, if its just done for gimmick i hate it, always have.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idc either way, I don't read superhero comics to know about a superhero's relationship status so whether their straight or gay doesn't matter to me it's all about the heroics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have no problem with homosexuality in general, but why do we have to put up such gimmicks here.

If its done for the purpose of plot, then so be it, but i cant think of a plot that would necessitate Spiderman being gay, if its just done for gimmick i hate it, always have.

This

There's no reason for this.

You want "gay" comics make your own comic company.

And this

It's as simple as this. Spider-Man is a straight comic character. He should be translated into the movies as straight. There is no good reason to change his sexuality.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Alternate universe maybe?

Also, just remember that in real life, some people have straight relationships before coming out as gay, so really any character that you believe is straight, could really just be in denial about their true sexuality. Or they could be bisexual, but they've only ever been shown in straight relationships.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

no just simply no . i think garfield just has a major man-crush on michael b jordan and feels the movie will benefit from it just so he can get a smooch from him

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By StrangeMan

Only the internet can take an obvious joke and blow it out of proportion...

It's like that one friend of yours who you can't mess around with because he always gets offended.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, just remember that in real life, some people have straight relationships before coming out as gay, so really any character that you believe is straight, could really just be in denial about their true sexuality. Or they could be bisexual, but they've only ever been shown in straight relationships.

If that was the case, then said closet character's solo series' would have fitted in somewhere them thinking to themselves about the fact they are in the closet.

Spidey hasn't been having personal thoughts of being gay, so it's safe to say he isn't in the closet and never could be, unless he's hid it from the readers all these years?

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

If that was the case, then said closet character's solo series' would have fitted in somewhere them thinking to themselves about the fact they are in the closet.

Spidey hasn't been having personal thoughts of being gay, so it's safe to say he isn't in the closet and never could be, unless he's hid it from the readers all these years?

Probably true, but it seems possible that it could happen. We don't see every single moment of a characters existence, so we don't necessarily know what they think, or do, off-panel.

I don't really think it would happen with Spider-Man though. He's too big a character for them to take such a risk with, as there probably would be a lot of backlash.

I think it could work in an alternate universe though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

Probably true, but it seems possible that it could happen. We don't see every single moment of a characters existence, so we don't necessarily know what they think, or do, off-panel.

I don't really think it would happen with Spider-Man though. He's too big a character for them to take such a risk with, as there probably would be a lot of backlash.

Yeah that's true too. Suppose they could introduce it for some characters. Only if they do it right, though.

Nah me neither. It'd be hard to get away with doing it to Spidey, or a lot of other characters.

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing the idea explored in an alternate universe.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By M3th

NO! Try it out in the comics first if out want but not in the movies.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@i_like_swords said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

I would be interested to see it in an alternate universe as well...

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, Go hard or go home. No testing. There's probably a version of that somewhere in the multiverse anyway.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's nothing more than a pointless publicity stunt.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Wolverine008

In a comic book world where people want to pick up pitch forks because a white superhero is made black, there is 0 hope for any straight hero being turned gay.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cameron83
frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a comic book world were people want to pick up pitch forks because a white superhero is made black, there is 0 hope for any straight hero being turned gay.

Alan Scott says hello.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@ximpossibrux said:

Andrew Garfield you magnificent troll.

Wait,he was trolling?

He was joking about it in a interview. Gotta love how out of context qutoes can be made into useless story.

Cybrilious4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Batman getting head by Superman would be a good comic book.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Doesn't everyone?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@frogdog:

I meant any top tier hero like Batman, Superman, Spiderman, etc

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A whole issue of just that?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30  Edited By InnerVenom123

All the overreactions. Mmm. Tasty.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it weird if I read that in a very deep,venom voice? XD

Sky_Pirate2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sky_Pirate2

I can't believe how much attention, a simple joke made by an actor (not the movie's writer, director, producer or anyone else, with creative controll), can get on the internet.

I don't really understand the thread's question. Should Spider-Man become gay...? Which one? Spider-Man's a person, in a costume and a mask. But, it's not always Peter Parker behind the mask.

About five minutes, after I started reading Spider-Man comics, Peter was replaced by Ben Reilly. Kaine's also donned the suit twice (not to mention Spidercide and all the other clones, that showed up). And Doc Ock is currently Spider-Man.

Mattie Fraklin started out, as Spider-Man, by disguising herself as a man.

Mac Gargan's also been known as "Spider-Man". And Miguel O'Hara.

MC2 had Jessica Drew's son adopt the Spider-Man identity..

The Ultimate universe's current Spider-Man is Miles Morales. It's also the home of a Jessica Drew, who's a clone of Peter Parker (with his memories) and appears to be attracted to men.

And we've been showed a universe, where several others (Bruce Banner, for example), became Spider-Man, instead of Peter Parker.

So, you could very well have a gay Spider-Man, without having to make Peter gay (as he's far from the only one, who've used the name).

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33  Edited By InnerVenom123

@innervenom123 said:

Is it weird if I read that in a very deep,venom voice? XD

It'd be weird if you didn't.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog:

I meant any top tier hero like Batman, Superman, Spiderman, etc

Midnighter & apollo are almost like the gay versions of Batman & Superman.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By consolemaster001

Lol is this based on what andrew gardield said in that interview ?

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@consolemaster001: Yes. Never thought a simple joke would get this much attention. Lmao.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak said:

@cybrilious4 said:

Pfff...that's a terrible idea. What if Superman sucks too hard? Do you know just how traumatized all the readers would be after reading that? O_O What was seen cannot be unseen...

....Why did you just do that?

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By frogdog
JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no. the end.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: And in an Alternate Universe Tony and Cap are gay for each other. Alternate universes are fine if you want to change a character around, just leave the canon alone.

DocStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fail to see the cultural relevance. Personally, I prefer my characters diverse and my gay characters original. Scott Allen should not have changed when they could've given the ring to a new character (preferably with enough taste to not sport such a ridiculous ensamble) and CarolDanvers doesn't need to rely on Capt. Marvel's mantel instead of developing her own.

DocStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fail to see the cultural relevance. Personally, I prefer my characters diverse and my gay characters original. Scott Allen should not have changed when they could've given the ring to a new character (preferably with enough taste to not sport such a ridiculous ensamble) and CarolDanvers doesn't need to rely on Capt. Marvel's mantel instead of developing her own.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By frogdog

@ximpossibrux said:

@frogdog: And in an Alternate Universe Tony and Cap are gay for each other. Alternate universes are fine if you want to change a character around, just leave the canon alone.

Same my friend. Speaking of spider-man

Marvel outdid themselves with a worst than pairing old magneto and rogue

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

No offence but....

Loading Video...

I'll go now.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Gambit474

I don't think people seem to care much if it was a joke since the times we live in now it wouldn't be a surprise if they went through with such a thing

snarkybits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The canon of...the movieverse?The same movieverse which is its own ADAPTATION?

I'm okay with it.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody wants this...

*looks at poll*

Alright....MOST people don't want this.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

No. Though I would not rule it out. You people give away too many ideas for free.