Should Kraven the Hunter appear in a Black Panther film or Spider-Man film?

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Should Kraven the Hunter appear in a Black Panther film or Spider-Man film? (47 votes)

Black Panther 40%
Spider-Man 60%

If he were to be introduced to the MCU, should he appear in a panther or spider film?

• 
Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Supermanthor

Should be spidy

but seeing two mcu spidey movies

i think having kraven in bp would make fans feel fresh

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Black Panther. Kraven deserves a competent and intelligent opponent.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either works, i would prefer spider man

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 morpheus_  Moderator

That rules MCU T'Challa out then.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Justiciar

@morpheus_ said:
@the_magister said:

Not everyone can live up to your lofty standards. Still far better than Peter though.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 morpheus_  Moderator

@the_magister: I was mostly joking. But I don't think T'Challa is particularly intelligent in the MCU, and while he is more serious, his competence seems to hinge a lot on the herb. And as Stark said, if you are nothing without it, then you shouldn't have it.

Kraven is a Spider-Man villain (one of his two sons fought Black Panther twice) and Sergei himself engaged a depowered T'Challa when the latter was in the States. Needless to say, if Kraven fights MCU T'Challa under similar conditions the film's runtime won't go past 30 minutes.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Justiciar

@morpheus_: Well, competency for the writers and for the general audience doesn't hinge on the same stuff that Viners value. To me, if I look at the BP movie without a feats lens, T'Challa comes across as a pretty intelligent & skilled individual. Just the combination of his choreography, dialogue, personality, etc.

Sure, he doesn't develop all his tech or handle all the aspects of Wakandan administration by himself (which I know a lot of people here had an issue with) but I prefer characters with properly defined skill-sets. I understand that the "being brilliant in every known discipline" thing has been a core part of T'Challa's character for ages, but IMO it's more difficult (and engaging) to write out a proper skill-set with clear limitations than it is to say "This character is just really good at all the stuff!"

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Magian

He is a classic Spider-Man villain. Of course he should appear in a Spidey movie first. He could always appear in a Black Panther movie later.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kraven couldn't be more than a minor villain for black panther unless they were to write an original story from scratch, and gave Kraven a bunch of back story to connect him to T'challa that he doesn't have in the comics. Spider-man and Kraven have plenty of good stories that can be adapted. Also the vibranium suit kind of negates most of Kraven's weapons so I would be much more interested in seeing kraven hunt Peter. Like Kraven shooting a poison dart at black panther would just bounce off his suit.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm thinking neither.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d59ee082aecf
deactivated-5d59ee082aecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey for sure

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@the_magister: I don't really think we disagree, but in crafting a balanced version of the character, they have robbed him of his finesse in various aspects. Notably intelligence and raw skill. Given Peter's ability to hack through a Stark suit and even come up with inventive strategies on the fly throughout his very first combat situation ever, he seems capable of surpassing Black Panther. Him being talkative and immature is a product of comic accuracy (616 and 1610 Spider-Man rarely stops chattering) and his age.

@jashro44 said:

Kraven couldn't be more than a minor villain for black panther unless they were to write an original story from scratch, and gave Kraven a bunch of back story to connect him to T'challa that he doesn't have in the comics. Spider-man and Kraven have plenty of good stories that can be adapted. Also the vibranium suit kind of negates most of Kraven's weapons so I would be much more interested in seeing kraven hunt Peter. Like Kraven shooting a poison dart at black panther would just bounce off his suit.

Within the plot of a film, there are creative ways to render T'Challa vulnerable. Maybe introducing that certain variants of vibranium can pierce the suit. And Kraven's intelligence gathering is usually among his strengths, he could short circuit it.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man, although he should be a side villain like Shocker.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man or GTFO. Black Panther is great but he doesn’t need to be taking villains that from Spider-Man rogues. Kraven needs to appear in a Spider-Man film. Panther doesn’t have the history nor the rivalry that Spider-Man has with Kraven. Kraven Last Hunt needs to be adapted.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheSpartanB345T

@magian said:

He is a classic Spider-Man villain. Of course he should appear in a Spidey movie first. He could always appear in a Black Panther movie later.

tanhausergate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ll say Black Panther if only for him to interact with someone other than Peter. Not to mention it’d lay a foundation for why he potentially wants to take Peter on. It would also be cool to get a few fight scenes with Tchalla and Kraven too

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Black Panther. Ryan Coogler has plans for him, Sony said no. MOs then likely he will appear in neither film due to his spin off movie and appearing in the Venom verse. Be great if he appears in BP first as an antihero then crosses over to Spiderman because he thinks a Spiderman is evil.

I think this Kraven should be more like the one we got in the 90s cartoon were he eventually becomes Spiderman’s Alley not the dbag from the comics. Especially since he’s supposed to be able to carry his own movie.

I would make him Brazilian from the South American Jungle. He tries to steal vibrium, but it’s for a good reason.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@the_magister said:

LMFAO T'challa got roasted.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

He should first appear in a Spider-Man movie. A classic Spidey villain with a lot of backstory with the character that is simply too rich to be put away by the writers in order to make him a T'Challa villain. However, with the current version of Spider-Man being rather a big Iron Man copy they would still need to shift Kraven's drive in a way.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_wspanialy  Online

@morpheus_: Well, competency for the writers and for the general audience doesn't hinge on the same stuff that Viners value. To me, if I look at the BP movie without a feats lens, T'Challa comes across as a pretty intelligent & skilled individual. Just the combination of his choreography, dialogue, personality, etc.

Sure, he doesn't develop all his tech or handle all the aspects of Wakandan administration by himself (which I know a lot of people here had an issue with) but I prefer characters with properly defined skill-sets. I understand that the "being brilliant in every known discipline" thing has been a core part of T'Challa's character for ages, but IMO it's more difficult (and engaging) to write out a proper skill-set with clear limitations than it is to say "This character is just really good at all the stuff!"

Except in their attempt to create more balanced version of T'Challa, they robbed him of his intelligence. He doesn't necessarily have to pop uber advanced tech out of his ass like Stark, but at least make him smart enough to invent a concepts of his toys (with Shurri turning them into reality).

Civil War T'Challa indeed came across as a shrewd and skilled guy. Post Black Panther T'Challa? Not so much. He's literally just another supersoldier. The only two things that distinguish him from guys like Cap or Bucky are:

1. more expensive toys
  2. he's black.
modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister said:

Except in their attempt to create more balanced version of T'Challa, they robbed him of his intelligence. He doesn't necessarily have to pop uber advanced tech out of his ass like Stark, but at least make him smart enough to invent a concepts of his toys (with Shurri turning them into reality).

Civil War T'Challa indeed came across as a shrewd and skilled guy. Post Black Panther T'Challa? Not so much. He's literally just another supersoldier. The only two things that distinguish him from guys like Cap or Bucky are:

1. more expensive toys
  2. he's black.
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I know he's Spidey villain, but I think Kraven VS T'Challa is a better matchup.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know he's Spidey villain, but I think Kraven VS T'Challa is a better matchup.

Agreed.

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

We should meet down the middle and have a movie with black panther and Spider-man that has Kraven and maybe some minor Black Panther villain working together.