Should Hulk had replaced Captain Marvel against Thanos in Endgame?

• 130 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5ccc5f861ec2c
deactivated-5ccc5f861ec2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Should Hulk had replaced Captain Marvel against Thanos in Endgame? (117 votes)

Yes, he desperately needed something to do. 64%
No, I wanted to see how Captain Marvel fares. 36%
No Caption Provided

At the moment Thanos is trying to put on the gauntlet and all the high tiers attempt to stop him (but not "Hulk" of course ?) we see Captain Marvel more or less stalemate him at first, then straight up no show an attack to Thanos' suprise forcing him to use the power stone. Do you think that scene should have been given to an enraged "Hulk"?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5cc9dc4dc7435
deactivated-5cc9dc4dc7435

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undefined: Yes this should have been Hulks moment but Captain Mary Sue took it from him. No selling Thanos’ headbutt? Give me a break. Thor and Hulk were always way more of a threat to Thanos until the MCU screwed up.

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@styla said:

@undefined: Yes this should have been Hulks moment but Captain Mary Sue took it from him. No selling Thanos’ headbutt? Give me a break.

It really was a sad sight. Literally right before that he knocked Thor out with the same headbutt. Movie went out of it's way to show that Thanos was scared of her, that look he gave when she destroyed his ship made me wanna cry too

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean Hulk can’t fight Thanos because he’s not strong enough. It can only be Wanda, Carol, or Strange everyone gets wrecked by Thanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luckycharmz: I don’t understand why they brought her in. You’ve got Hulk who’s been downplayed ever since A1 who’s not shown his true potential yet then you’ve got Thor who’s starting to become incredibly powerful, so they decide to basically shit on both of these iconic characters and add basically a worse version of superman who’s completely unrelatable.

I would have paid double my ticket price just to see Hulk and Thanos come face to face again and Hulks eyes start glowing green then he starts breaking the ground beneath him as he runs at Thanos... That’s all I wanted.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

haha it was wondeful and awful at the same time. i gotta bookmark all these hulk fanboy threads to enjoy later when wound isnt as fresh

Sushmita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes Thor should have destroyed the ship and hulk should have gone one on one.

CCThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CCThor

Why not both?

I don't like your options.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da4168075532
deactivated-5da4168075532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then who would snap half the population back? Hulk was utilized perfectly to demonstrate how bad snapping is? Hulk was heavily injured from it that he was not even healing. So any lesser being like humans would not survive if they used the gauntlet setting up Tony's sacrifice

Captain Marvel purpose is giving PTSD to DC fans and incels who thought she will do a Justice League on Thanos. Marvel knows how to Troll royally and I am happy to see it worked?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phisigmatau: can you blame us? Hulk and Spiderman are/were the most iconic characters in Marvel and they gave Hulk the drax treatment through pretty much all the films... Just there for comedy relief. Only way Hulk could have got redemption was to go Worldbreaker and save the day, not only did this not happen but they actually shit on him even more.

His gauntlet feat could have been pulled off by Thor and Captain Marvel, he held up some rubble then wasn't even shown fighting at the end... I’m so pissed hence all my comments in these threads talking about Hulk.

DeadpoolUchiha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DeadpoolUchiha

Hulk fanboys complaining about hulk not fighting thanos is pretty funny.

And I honestly dont see how she is a mary sue when thanos knocks her out and she is gone until the end of the movie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadpooluchiha: yes because you wouldn't do the same if it was your favourite character right? It’s clearly not just about him fighting Thanos, it’s about him getting redemption for all his losses and the misuse of his character over the years. Hulkbuster should never be beating the Hulk, Thor without Mjolnir should never be beating the Hulk... Both happened. Throwing the Planet Hulk storyline into Ragnarok and giving all the glory to Thor was unforgivable.

Now I’m not replying to this bait anymore unless it’s a direct response to me, comicvine is known for shitting on Hulk anyway.

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like Captain Marvel and her solo movie . But I kind of feel that she was introduced at the wrong time. They could have introduced her after endgame . All she did was basically bring Tony back home and then fight Thanos later on .

In a movie which was supposed to be all about the OG6 , Thor and Hulk didn't get to shine much . They would have benefited if Captain Marvel wasn't in the movie at all. Thor could have brought Tony back , and Hulk could have taken part in the battle against Thanos . He may not have won , but it would have been cool to see Hulk + Avengers combos to stall Thanos .

And I just feel that Cap Marvel is too OP . I am pretty sure she hasn't bled even once in both the movies . She was stronger than Thanos , who was the same person who was taking Thor , Captain Thor and Iron man at the same time without much trouble .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@styla: I feel sorry for you but sadly Marvel is not going to give Mary Sue character like Hulk big role because they don't have the rights to solo movies. That is why they upgraded Captain Marvel to Mary Sue/Hulk level.

It is pure business.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@styla said:

@deadpooluchiha: yes because you wouldn't do the same if it was your favourite character right? It’s clearly not just about him fighting Thanos, it’s about him getting redemption for all his losses and the misuse of his character over the years. Hulkbuster should never be beating the Hulk, Thor without Mjolnir should never be beating the Hulk... Both happened. Throwing the Planet Hulk storyline into Ragnarok and giving all the glory to Thor was unforgivable.

Now I’m not replying to this bait anymore unless it’s a direct response to me, comicvine is known for shitting on Hulk anyway.

Thor w/out Hammer = Thor with Hammer
so Idk wea u goin with that one.
Thor likes his hammer but it isnt his power source
gotta learn that bro

I agree that Hulk has been shafted but its tough to be sympathetic when hulk fanboys have been so insufferable for the last decade
whats so heroic about wb hulk anyway?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccthor: And I don't like you. Just pick one.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MAZAHS117

If written properly I guess that could’ve worked. Tbh I would’ve liked to have seen Hulk get somekind of redemption against Thanos, even if in the end he still couldn’t beat him

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phisigmatau: Thor was beating Hulk up even before the power up, that’s also my point though they made Hulk lose to plot every time or at least hinted it.

I’m not one of those fanboys who thinks Hulk can beat every character but I know who he should be beating, I was fine with him losing to Thanos but to give him no redemption was really pathetic.

After the events of Endgame not only is Hulk not the strongest but he’s came off as weak. Thor was almost Thanos level strength in Endgame so now Thor is definitely stronger than Hulk, which hurts me to say.

Worldbreaker is the strongest version of Hulk and could absolutely go toe to toe with Thanos and take his rightful place as the strongest Avenger. For comparison think of the difference between Thor in Avengers 1 struggling against Iron Man vs Stormbreaker Thor, just a totally different level.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, the MCU has gone out of their way to make this version of Hulk underwhelming

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gracetrack

Absolutely yes.

I said that very thing to my wife after the movie.

Hulk was shafted, plain and simple. And for what? He did nothing in the final battle. Literally nothing. Even before the final battle he does next to nothing.

"He used the Infinity Stones!" Which is sapped of its epicness by the fact that Tony Stark does the same thing moments later. Regardless, people want to see Hulk smash, and to do so in epic fashion. That's what Hulk does. That's his character. What we got in Endgame is a borderline travesty.

I guess it's okay. We got to see a grossly dull and unlikable Carol Danvers - who's been a part of the MCU for all of 3 seconds - have her moment in the film... again. But hey, so long as the SJWs are satisfied.

dirtytree332

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I mean Hulk can’t fight Thanos because he’s not strong enough. It can only be Wanda, Carol, or Strange everyone gets wrecked by Thanos

Yup.

I do agree Hulk needed more of a role in the film, and should've squared against Thanos at one point, but he shouldn't be the one who prevented him from closing his fist in the end.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: I think Hulk should have killed Cull Obsidian or something, or maybe Lifted something heavy without effort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: Cap wielding Mjolnir and Iron Mans sacrifice were to important to replace but Hulk definitely could have been put in that scene in replacement of Cap Marvel... Worldbreaker goes toe to toe with Thanos and smiles at Thanos’ punches, Thanos panics after getting his ass beat and uses the power stone to BFR or KO Hulk.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Yes. He should have, that or Hulk should have at least taken out Cull, or lifted the building off himself, or fought someone! Anyone at all would have been fine...

I've lost all faith that characters who aren't Iron Man or Captain America will get any proper treatment - Whedon had a far better understanding of Hulk. Also, if anyone's wondering, it's not the Professor Hulk route they took with the character that upset me, it's the fact that a super-powered Gamma behemoth, speaking not of even the fact that he's a founding Avenger, does absolutely nothing physically for two (not just ONE) of the most epic movies of our generation. Plus, they don't even show us how Hulk got there...it's all revealed with an underwhelming time skip. So many opportunities wasted. They literally glazed over one of Hulk's most important developments. I thought the reason they left all original members in the snap was to give every one of them a proper send-off. Then they trivialize Hulk's entire character, implying that the reason Bruce became the Hulk in the first place was to wear Tony's infinity gauntlet, which granted, would be fine if Tony himself hadn't used the infinity stones after Bruce.

And don't get me started on Lebowski the Thunderer...

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yes

Carol should have been the one to wield the gauntlet since she "feeds on energy", but it takes her out of the rest of the film. Then hulk should have destroyed the ship and tried to stop the gauntlet.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really like Captain Marvel in this movie, but yeah, Hulk was pretty disappointing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: the thing is the Russo brothers knew his power level, they even said themselves that they pitted Thanos against the Hulk straight away in Infinity War because Hulk was the biggest physical threat. So this leads me to believe they deliberately misused the Hulk and didn’t really care about him, I believe that they even considered having the Hulk be dusted in Infinity War... Which says it all really.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@styla said:

@theacidskull: the thing is the Russo brothers knew his power level, they even said themselves that they pitted Thanos against the Hulk straight away in Infinity War because Hulk was the biggest physical threat. So this leads me to believe they deliberately misused the Hulk and didn’t really care about him, I believe that they even considered having the Hulk be dusted in Infinity War... Which says it all really.

Well, there you go then. It's clear they aren't interested in the character. They might as well have dusted him. His place could have been taken by any top-gear egghead to be quite honest.

Such a shame too, they did some fantastic things with Steve, Tony, Natasha, and even Clint to some extent. Not so with Hulk and Thor.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gracetrack

@theacidskull said:
@styla said:

Well, there you go then. It's clear they aren't interested in the character. They might as well have dusted him. His place could have been taken by any top-gear egghead to be quite honest.

Such a shame too, they did some fantastic things with Steve, Tony, Natasha, and even Clint to some extent. Not so with Hulk and Thor.

Oh wow. If that is true about the Russo's, then yep... that is extremely telling. Hulk (not Banner) was a joke in this movie. They should've just dusted him and brought him back along with everyone else at the end for the final battle, if that is the case.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc88dc0cd01c
deactivated-5cc88dc0cd01c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk stole enough spotlight in A1 & A2, let someone else have a turn

ThorofAsgard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobymaguire: y’all gotta stop calling everyone who doesn’t like Captain Marvel an incel lol she’s just not a good character who wasn’t necessarily needed for the MCU at this point.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gracetrack

@superarrow said:

Hulk stole enough spotlight in A1 & A2, let someone else have a turn

Nah. In those movies he had the amount of spotlight as was appropriate for a classic comic book character created by Jack Kirby and Stan Lee that has been one of Marvel's tentpole superheroes for literally decades. Which is a lot more than I can say for Carol Danvers, that's for sure. (It was more than could be said about any of the other heroes in A1 and A2, for that matter.)

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

Carol should have been the one to wield the gauntlet since she "feeds on energy", but it takes her out of the rest of the film. Then hulk should have destroyed the ship and tried to stop the gauntlet.

?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorofasgard: Neither was Thor until he was turned into MCU's clown after 4 movies and then chubby. Anyway I was replying to a person who called her a Mary Sue because she was on Thor, hulk level.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean yeah, he should have gotten a crack at Thanos.

ThorofAsgard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobymaguire: well they aren’t wrong considering she’s not that powerful in the comics according to people here. Most say she around Iron Man tier. So when you make her pretty much equal to Thanos with the IG, I could see where some may call her a “Mary Sue” She can’t hang with Thor or Hulk in any other source material but in the MCU she’s more powerful. Just saying it’s obvious they are trying to mimic DC with Wonder Woman. The only problem is WW is ten times more popular and likeable, while as being ACTUALLY as powerful as she’s portrayed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorofasgard: Oh yeah! Wonder Woman who can't even fly, was statued and KO by headbutt by Superman in Justice league. Very powerful character and accurate depiction of God

Did you see box office of Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel.

Also apparently if Woman is equally powerful as men, she is a Mary Sue .Captain Marvel Mary Sue, not Captain America who used Mjonir to beat Thanos

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So you wanted to watch Hulk get his ass kicked again? He would have had one arm by that point, what could he possibly have done besides get beat silly?

Besides Hulk did enough in this movie. He held up part of Avengers HQ and he brought all the dusted back and merely lost an arm unlike someone else who lost his life.

ThorofAsgard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobymaguire: okay first off. Captain Marvel performed better because of the universe it belongs in and the point in which it came out. The height of the MCU and her movie was supposedly a key to the Endgame movie. But let’s not act like WW isn’t the superior film.

Secondly, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with women being strong. But she’s not as powerful as she’s being depicted in the MCU. Wonder Woman on the other hand is.

The disdain for CM has nothing to do with her being a woman. People love Wonder Woman, they love Arya Stark, they love the Dragon Queen, Black Widow and countless others. People acknowledge that Jean grey/Phoenix is one of the most powerful ever. It’s just CM

Avatar image for jimjaspers20675
JimJaspers20675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk was used perfectly in regards to endgame, they utilised him in a way which basically said Only I can do this with the gauntlet, any of you do it ur fecked.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorofasgard: Tell that to Aquaman who has beaten Captain Marvel in box office Also Wonder Woman is not anywhere near powerful compared to male characters. She can't fly, unlike Shazam or Superman. Her civilisation do not have powerful magic, technology or creatures unlike other DC civilisation like Atlantis She was literally painfully humiliated by Superman in Justice league by dragging her around and KO her with a headbutt

Are you telling me DCEU Wonder Woman is accurate to comic.

Also, those other Women.you mentioned more than one movie and has appeared in multiple episodes and movies unlike CM

Also Jean grey with Phoenix is a villain, not a hero.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#44  Edited By Penguin-Dust

No, Hulk was injured from using the gauntlet to save everyone, so I don’t feel him getting a crack at Thanos would have impacted the battle anymore than CM did. Thanos still had to overpower everyone for the ending to unfold as it did. I fear if the Hulk had gotten knocked out once again just as CM was when Thanos used a stone against her people would be dismayed over that. Ironically, I don’t see too much outcry over Carol getting knocked from the fight.

timswiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it walks, talks, smells and quacks like a duck... Well its a duck. Whedon said he felt extremely pressured by the Studio in A2... and i think letting Hulk lose to Hulk Buster which is ridiculous is one of those pressured because its then followed by... 45 seconds of screen-time in IW with 2 hours of Hulk being a coward regardless of what the Russo's "Claim" was happening. Then followed by a 15 second soul removal by the ancient one and no further battle. I won't mention the cheat win in Thor because it was a Thor movie but could have been done better. Hulk is THE ONLY character that has suffered a SEVERE power reduction as well as character marginalization out of all the other characters across the 4 films... Feige, and Russo's just don't care for the Hulk or its original comic base of fans. In reality it should have been Thor and Hulk in the main Thanos take down... but just as much as the reduced Hulk's powers they increased Iron Man's, Captain America, and reduced Thanos. On top of that Hulk is riddle with 2 lukewarm movies that sucked in comparison many of the newer marvel films... They didn't suck because Hulk doesn't have the fans... They sucked because the scripts were garbage and not engaging at all for wider age groups... Hulk has gotten really burned in the mainstream movies but i will say i think Avengers 1 by Whedon really showed the absolute best Hulk on cinema.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it walks, talks, smells and quacks like a duck... Well its a duck. Whedon said he felt extremely pressured by the Studio in A2... and i think letting Hulk lose to Hulk Buster which is ridiculous is one of those pressured because its then followed by... 45 seconds of screen-time in IW with 2 hours of Hulk being a coward regardless of what the Russo's "Claim" was happening. Then followed by a 15 second soul removal by the ancient one and no further battle. I won't mention the cheat win in Thor because it was a Thor movie but could have been done better. Hulk is THE ONLY character that has suffered a SEVERE power reduction as well as character marginalization out of all the other characters across the 4 films... Feige, and Russo's just don't care for the Hulk or its original comic base of fans. In reality it should have been Thor and Hulk in the main Thanos take down... but just as much as the reduced Hulk's powers they increased Iron Man's, Captain America, and reduced Thanos. On top of that Hulk is riddle with 2 lukewarm movies that sucked in comparison many of the newer marvel films... They didn't suck because Hulk doesn't have the fans... They sucked because the scripts were garbage and not engaging at all for wider age groups... Hulk has gotten really burned in the mainstream movies but i will say i think Avengers 1 by Whedon really showed the absolute best Hulk on cinema.

I think the Incredible Hulk was a good movie. Just a shame we couldn't have gotten another solo w/ the Leader. Maybe Feige should go the immortal Hulk route? Going back to Hulk's horror roots is a good idea. That stated, it's obvious the Russos didn't do a good job with Hulk but they pretty much put the final nail in the Ragnarok narrative with EG. If I was Waititi I'd be a little pissed.

timswiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luminoushydra: Not caring about him is one thing... but going out their way to humiliate/butcher the character is another. I wish he weren't even in IW or Endgame and they left it at AOU. I know in the new world they want to replace all the heroes with newer metro versions to fit the time and "direction" but playing with the formula too much will eventually lead to "New Coke"

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@luminoushydra: yeah, that's Exaclty why captain marvel got so much shine, because she's soooooo poplar among the general audience *eye roll*