Should every male superhero be ripped and female hero curvy?

• 70 results
CCThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Should every male superhero be ripped and female hero curvy? (111 votes)

Should. 28%
Not necessary at all. 33%
Depends which kind of heros they are. 39%
 • 
JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No superman, thor and hulk should all be fat and out of shape so we they can be more relatable to everyday people.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not all heroes should possess romanticized figures but I personally prefer those over out-of-shape which do nothing to promote being healthy.

I have nothing against the characters with non-traditional physiques and it even works for them in some cases but someone with say Thor's figure seems like a far better role model to look up to than the Blob.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Not necessary. Rorschach is hardly Mr. Universe, and I'd be appaled if the writers give him Superman-like muscles.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the Superhero.

Most Superheros however need to look fit obviously. They cannot look like they eat junk all day.

Some superheros like the poster above mentioned Rorschach doesnt have to be buff since it's part of the story that he's not eating a lot.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FaradaySloth

Look at DBZ, that alone made a lot (well...me at least) go to gym and try to be ripped. Even if I still look scrawny now it's still an improvement.

However it mostly depends on the user.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 socajunkie  Moderator

Depends, you don’t have to look a certain way to be believable as a superhero, if we look to or-wrestling, the optimal physique are the Lesnar and Goldberg types however you get people like Kevin Owens and Samoa Joe who look ‘fat’ and/or out of shape however they’re still extremely athletic and in better condition than a lot of people.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Female ones should wear as minimal clothing as possible as well.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. They're supposed to be strong, solid and powerful. Your first impression of Thor or someone would be that he's strong and dominant.

Avatar image for theserbianempire
TheSerbianEmpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the character and his/her abilities.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kung fu panda wasn't too fit

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should be 5'5" and weigh 200 pounds for realism. Ideally, they should also be transexual, liberal and from a minority.

They should have a tumblr page, too.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes they absolutely should. A SUPER hero should be in shape. I hate this whole fat acceptance movement going on. There’s is nothing to be proud of when you’re fat and unhealthy.

Xy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. They're not meant to reflect real life. They're supposed to be as appealing as possible. All guys need to be muscular. All girls need to be as sexualized as possible. That's my idea of entertainment. At least, when it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes that is the point of them being super and being fictional characters. Unless you are Reeves Superman or Adam West Batman, then you can be a normal sized guy.

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

22 precents do not want to admit and argue their opinion.

njchrispatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I mean, I always liked it personally. Then the heroes actually possess a level of power that you can technically achieve; even if it is just in the physical appeal sense. Now, I don't think characters like Charles Xavier or some of the brand new teenage heroes should be cut--like seriously, why are all these people raised in desolate worlds so ripped? (*cough* NATE GREY *cough*)--but for the most part, I think it works. Helps motivate me to work out.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superheroes are supposed to be the embodiment of what we thrive to be. There's nothing wrong with the visual analogy of such.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depends on the story.

You can have a character with progressive development and have him start off as unlikable and unattractive physically but will eventually become ideal and embodiment of fitness.

You can have it in reverse and have a wash-out hero becoming more and more uglier as he descend into some character crisis.

In short your characters should fit your story and most of all it should be something that will attract your target audience.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I want to see Hulk with a huge beer belly!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c07a0327fd39
deactivated-5c07a0327fd39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Not a superhero, but still strong and physically unique.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Emanresu_20

I draw the line at chubby.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, it depends on the kind of hero.

Characters who use magic, technology, telekinesis and other haxx powers don't really need to be.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not necessarily.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, it depends on the kind of hero.

Characters who use magic, technology, telekinesis and other haxx powers don't really need to be.

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman should not be ripped at all, because with his strength he would never get the kind of resistance for his muscle movements to build big muscles.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really, but depends, as everyone has said

Brainiactic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, you always want variety of some sort.

Brainiactic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byrd42 said:

Superman should not be ripped at all, because with his strength he would never get the kind of resistance for his muscle movements to build big muscles.

Not really.

If you go by pre-Crisis Kal then you can argue that his time with the Legion of Superheroes as Superboy, and his other adventures at that time, he's constantly pitted against people and obstacles on par if not stronger then him.

If you go post Crisis then you can argue that since he really didn't get his powers to near adulthood so he got most of his gains as a football playing teen.

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byrd42 said:

Not really.

If you go by pre-Crisis Kal then you can argue that his time with the Legion of Superheroes as Superboy, and his other adventures at that time, he's constantly pitted against people and obstacles on par if not stronger then him.

If you go post Crisis then you can argue that since he really didn't get his powers to near adulthood so he got most of his gains as a football playing teen.

Good points. It depends on what the history of the character is. In worlds where he was super strong from the time he was a child and had little to no adversity as an adult, he would just have a typical build, maybe like a Christopher Reeve.

Punisher_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I rather have them be in shape you know since their always fighting and doing stuff. They don't have to be over muscular or have huge boobs but look in shape.

No Caption Provided

Whatever it is im not reading this bullshit.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah....

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60dc252a2af
deactivated-5c60dc252a2af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No... let's make Superman fat to pander the egos of every unhealthy fatass out there making excuses for being an unhealthy shithead. Oh and how kids will probably look up to fat superheroes and in turn become unhealthy pieces of turd themselves is a plus.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38  Edited By comicace3

yes

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Depends if there is a reason for them to be ripped. Like Superman's has his physique explained away as simply being part of his metabolism combined with the yellow sunlight, Captain America is Captain Doping, and Hulks thing lies in the transformation from nerdy doctor to thousand pound monster. Hercules looking ripped actually does make sense, since he does train (when he's into it) and has more than once claimed he invented the idea.

I don't actually buy the normal humans who are super ripped because of training or the activities they take part in... like Batman or Thor are good examples of these. Batman doesn't (or shouldn't) train to look like a Mr. Universe competitor, he's training for added strength not looking good, and Thor shouldn't look like he does because he doesn't train at all, he drinks excessively and then goes out to beat up some giants.

Ladies are pretty much the same, they should have the body type that reflects their lifestyle. One of my favorite examples of this is Wonder Woman, apart from being blessed with beauty, I feel artist get her wrong when they draw her like a wafer-thin supermodel with a big pair of knockers. But on the other hand I also think its wrong when they draw her as overly muscular with six-packs and all... she doesn't train after all to look toned, she trains mostly to be good with a sword, bow, staff and the rest is up to her blessings. So for me Diana needs to be somewhere in-between 'normal' and 'ripped', like how Nicola Scott and Cliff Chiang tended to draw her.

Rey_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ALL FEMALES SHOULD BE CURVY

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Gokluma

Nah since we got multiple different varieties of heroes to look very skinny,fat,a living ball or anything else in general.

we got this guy in x men.

No Caption Provided

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokluma said:

Nah since we got multiple different varieties of heroes to look very skinny,fat,a living ball or anything else in general.

No Caption Provided

Mind if I ask, but isn't Morrisons run on the X-Men one of the few/only times when Marvels mutants had members who were decidedly grotesque looking and not necessarily evil at the same time?

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Well yeah and i remember Spiderman was with them at one point

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokluma said:

@outside_85: Well yeah and i remember Spiderman was with them at one point

The shambling grotesqueness called Peter Parker? :)

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Gokluma

@outside_85: Yup that's him and kinda want to see a hero who is a living object.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should every male superhero be ripped and female hero curvy?

No not every hero or heroine is like that. Just the ones that are the most popular and its makes sense. We would want to see Superman and Wonder Woman like that. Nothing against fat people but no one really wants to be fat. Everyone wants to look fit, at least those who realistically can and while not a lot of people can look like Superman but they can build good muscles and look aesthetic.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

imo Superheroes are the symbol of excellence and outer worldly presence. They are the modern day Greek Gods, they should be built as such. so yes.

@byrd42 said:
@brainiactic said:
@byrd42 said:

Not really.

Good points. It depends on what the history of the character is. In worlds where he was super strong from the time he was a child and had little to no adversity as an adult, he would just have a typical build, maybe like a Christopher Reeve.

Superman's exposure to a Yellow star throughout his childhood to adulthood granted him abilities far beyond what a normal Kryptonian from Krypton could do because our sun feeds his cells differently than the red sun does. Theoretically this should mean the sun also gave his body the best possible nutrition a Kryptonain could ask for. Almost like breast feeding a human baby for a very long time and then feeding him/her the best diet for physical development. So Superman would be in great shape regardless of whether he worked out or not.

@punisher_ said:

I rather have them be in shape you know since their always fighting and doing stuff. They don't have to be over muscular or have huge boobs but look in shape.

No Caption Provided

Whatever it is im not reading this bullshit.

Sony is making a movie on her

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There’s absolutely a difference between not ripped and not healthy. Superman hulk Thor, these are big dudes and since they don’t spend all their free time in a gym, don’t really do acrobatics, these guys shouldn’t be ripped. More big and bulky. Like Alex rosss Superman.

Guys like Batman and daredevil, who are normal humans and rely on agility and dexterity to function should be more ripped. However, they shouldn’t be big. It makes no sense that Superman and Batman are drawn to be similar sizes.

Puny_Banner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokluma said:

No Caption Provided

Mind if I ask, but isn't Morrisons run on the X-Men one of the few/only times when Marvels mutants had members who were decidedly grotesque looking and not necessarily evil at the same time?

No there has been a bunch of X-Men runs and spinoffs to use aesthetically unappealing and it has been going on since the 70s. Nightcrawler, Beast, Skin, Wolfsbane, Feral, Marrow, and even Wolverine (at one time) are all characters who have been used to show us what is like to be seen as ugly or grotesque in society throughout the decades.