Posted by Aqualion0 (1724 posts) 3 months, 2 hours ago

Poll: Should DBZ vs Comic Book Threads Unbanned? (53 votes)

Yes 60%
No 40%

Title.

#1 Posted by MainJP (5915 posts) - - Show Bio

Start smaller. Unban Dragon Ball vs. Video Game characters and see where that leads.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#2 Edited by FireStarLord73194 (5040 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m down. I think if cancerous Naruto vs comics threads are allowed then why not DB vs video games

#3 Posted by RukelnikovFTW (6133 posts) - - Show Bio

@mainjp said:

Start smaller. Unban Dragon Ball vs. Video Game characters and see where that leads.

This. I said the same in a similar thread a couple weeks ago.

#4 Posted by AlexTheBoss (17417 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really read comics, but I'll say yes, as I don't see why threads should be limited. If people are being toxic, cull them, not the thread.

#5 Posted by Nucleon (3173 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah. Manga characters are obviously more cartoonesque. I would personally create a forum for their exclusive usage.

#6 Posted by StormShadow_X (16691 posts) - - Show Bio

As repeated history shows no

#7 Edited by ValorKnight (12370 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestarlord73194 said:

I’m down. I think if cancerous Naruto vs comics threads are allowed then why not DB vs video games

It's not even just those, but a wealth of other threads just as cancerous that don't get banned.

#8 Posted by Legendary_User (232 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, becuz that would surely make cv more interesting.

#9 Posted by infamous5445 (425 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything to get away from MCU vs DCEU threads.

#10 Edited by TonyMartial (9279 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow@jedixman@juiceboks Why cant this be debated/voted for once instead of just ignoring it all the time?

A lot has probably changed from the past to present users to now. I've seen a lot of toxic stuff in simple comic vs comic threads or la vs comic or mcu vs dceu . I honestly think you should try and unban it for like a week just to see how it goes, I really dont think its going to be that bad. It sure would amp up the battle forum which has kinda been taken over by live action.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#11 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (4471 posts) - - Show Bio

I said this not too long ago, in fact I made a thread on it, but I don't even know why the ban included video games, sci-fi, fantasy, etc in the first place. There are a lot of interesting battles that can't be debated because of it.

As for Comics vs Dragon Ball, I'm down with them lifting the ban, I mean things like Naruto vs Bleach and Saint Seiya vs Dragon Ball get just as bad as that was but they're unbanned.

#12 Posted by YOA_501 (685 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by FireStarLord73194 (5040 posts) - - Show Bio

@valorknight: agreed, im just using Naruto as an example since it’s basically Dragonball lite

We could see comicvine return to its golden days (lol)

#14 Posted by tethadam (223 posts) - - Show Bio

Why was it banned?

Avatar image for majinblackheart
#15 Posted by MajinBlackheart (9404 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow@jedixman@juiceboks Why cant this be debated/voted for once instead of just ignoring it all the time?

A lot has probably changed from the past to present users to now. I've seen a lot of toxic stuff in simple comic vs comic threads or la vs comic or mcu vs dceu . I honestly think you should try and unban it for like a week just to see how it goes, I really dont think its going to be that bad. It sure would amp up the battle forum which has kinda been taken over by live action.

What's changed exactly? Any day I'm on I have to deal with it. It's been unbanned and tried again at least twice.

#16 Posted by FaradaySloth (9243 posts) - - Show Bio

People are way too scared. Yes there is toxicity in heated popular debates, doesn’t mean go ban a verse. Jesus Christ. Totally unfair for DB fans on this site. Can we limit DC character to just them against each other, same thing with Marvel.

#17 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (5040 posts) - - Show Bio

@tethadam: flame wars mainly due to lack of knowledge about characters. So they decided to ban DB threads

#18 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10243 posts) - - Show Bio

I want them back.

#19 Posted by DeadpoolUchiha (221 posts) - - Show Bio

Well unbanning it would bring more activity to this site as way more people go on reddit compared to here.

#20 Posted by DeadpoolUchiha (221 posts) - - Show Bio

And judging what happened in the past when it was unbanned isnt fair as people can change. Dont let your fear of what would happen blind you.

#21 Posted by Tyger (461 posts) - - Show Bio

No get a life u anime junkies

#22 Posted by Emanresu_20 (2837 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m pretty sure people got the point and it’s been long enough.

#23 Posted by MetalJimmor (6412 posts) - - Show Bio

It is a lot easier to say it should be unbanned and that the people starting fights should just be banned when you're not the one who's job it is to monitor every thread and ban every individual. DBZ vs Comics wasn't banned just because of the toxicity, it was banned because it produced more toxicity than any other type of thread and put a huge amount of stress on the moderators at the time.

#24 Edited by Ryokuma100 (995 posts) - - Show Bio

I say unban.

I mean compared to years ago, we have pretty good debaters here that can handle most things that might be said on both sides.

Plus there are new toxic threads that are starting to outweigh DBZ threads these days

Avatar image for madscientist224
#25 Posted by Madscientist224 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony martial, stick to your biased live action vs comic book stuff.

Hmm....universe busting Goku (via head canon and no official sources) says fuck no don't unban it.

/Thread

#26 Posted by Blueshoecant (1128 posts) - - Show Bio

This

Yes, becuz that would surely make cv more interesting.

And this.

Let's get it on!!

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#27 Edited by FullMetalEmprah (4471 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean there's really nothing to lose by testing it by lifting the ban for a week. If the flame wars start again you can ban it once more immediately and everyone will experience why it's there firsthand. If they're not too bad leave it unbanned and allow for more creativity on the battles forum. Flame wars WILL occur, they're only natural due to the nature of vs battles. But at the same time we now have things like confirmed FTL Dragon Ball, casual canon planet busting actually onscreen(more than just Frieza I mean), and other small things that were at the heart of the original flame wars, because Dragon Ball back then had way fewer feats supporting the series' scaling than it does today. You have Dragon Ball Super characters who are Herald level at absolute minimum.

I say give it a shot based on all of that.

#28 Posted by ourmanuel (11384 posts) - - Show Bio

bleach vs naruto

saint seiya vs DB

Naruto vs comics

All these get toxic as well yet they’re unbanned

#29 Posted by God_Spawn (43073 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Unless you went through it both of the times, you don’t know how bad it got. You don’t know how bad good users got. And with the quality of the battle forums in recent memory, I hold little trust it would be any better, if not probably much worse.

#30 Edited by JohnCena69swag (3869 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly don't think Dragon ball super would cause any more issues than you see with live action debates. You can't just unban dbs and not db/z though. On the whole i sadly think it attracts too many toxic arguments.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#31 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6301 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, it's been a long time since the flame wars.

#32 Edited by kyrees (13530 posts) - - Show Bio

i will repeat this again: only the mods have the say on the third try of dragonball vs comics because people blew up their two chances the mods have given to them to talk about it civilly

edit: also people saying the mods should let it happen a third time around have no idea how infinitely worse was the flame wars back then when the ban wasn't around. heck, people claiming these toxic matchups nowadays have not even seen how practically everyone participated in that debauchery of arguments.

#33 Posted by tethadam (223 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Helloman (29710 posts) - - Show Bio

No, people use Dragon Ball to annoy me on here and on other places on the internet, so less Dragon Ball is better.

#35 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (5040 posts) - - Show Bio

@tethadam: years ago, idk I wasn’t around then

#36 Edited by Omega_kai (3162 posts) - - Show Bio

It's understandable if they don't want to lift the ban entirely, but it's somewhat absurd that the mods don't even wish to test it out for a couple of days or one week. They could even restrict it to TV and video games.

#37 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (5040 posts) - - Show Bio

I say pre-dbz vs video game characters for a week and see how that goes

#38 Posted by huthimamwa (2419 posts) - - Show Bio

Start REALLY slow and allow characters from Dragon Ball Evolution vs other Live Action characters. That'd be amusing. 😝

#39 Posted by kyrees (13530 posts) - - Show Bio

Start REALLY slow and allow characters from Dragon Ball Evolution vs other Live Action characters. That'd be amusing. 😝

there is no dragonball evolution.

#40 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (5040 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: ya it’s that awful live action dragon ball movie

#41 Posted by Aqualion0 (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#42 Posted by kyrees (13530 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by HitTheAssasin (8007 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably. I severely doubt it could be worse than Naruto vs Bleach, Naruto vs comics, DBZ vs Saint Seiya or MCU vs DCEU anyway, and if flamewars start the threads can always be locked, and/or specific users can be banned. The only reason I can see it hasn't been unbanned yet is lazyness, to be honest.