Should Damian Wayne be incorperated in a Batman movie?

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By evilvegeta74

I was thinking about Hit Girl in the Kick Ass movie and the recent chain of events involving Damian!

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Matchstick

Not unless they are prepared to do another trilogy. You can't really have Damian without having the 3 previous Robins and that's a whole lotta history to try to fit into one movie.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Hell no and good riddance to the brat.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Matchstick said:

Not unless they are prepared to do another trilogy. You can't really have Damian without having the 3 previous Robins and that's a whole lotta history to try to fit into one movie.

In the movies they can do whatever they choose, you see how Fox messed with the Xmen! I think they can just jump right off into the movie.The Talia thing, Dick, Damian, this is an comic adaptation, not the actual comic. @Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

Hell no and good riddance to the brat.

I respect your opinion, but I'm a Damian fan and I'm pulling for the little guy!

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Matchstick

@evilvegeta74: Just because they can do whatever they want doesn't mean they should. ..and yes look at the X-Men movies, look what happens when they mess around with things.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Matchstick said:

@evilvegeta74: Just because they can do whatever they want doesn't mean they should. ..and yes look at the X-Men movies, look what happens when they mess around with things.

You have a valid point, lol! I just think it would be humorous for Batman to deal with Damian on the big screen ,epecially if he's written well.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By 14NC3

Damian's awesome but they should at least put jason or tim as robin first. After that then hell yeah

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Matchstick

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Matchstick said:

You have a valid point, lol! I just think it would be humorous for Batman to deal with Damian on the big screen ,epecially if he's written well.

I agree.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Matchstick said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Matchstick said:

I agree.

No disrepect to the latest Bat trilogyand Nolan , but I think Batman fans deserve a better depiction of the DK with loads of action and villians who look closer to their comic version espicially if they are large and muscular, like Killer Croc etc...

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By SavageDragon

Nah I dont think so. I think he could be easily passed off in a movie as a distraction or worse like Hit Girl From Kick Ass and make the movie all the more unbelievable. Some Characters are better left to the comics. Rocket Raccoon...

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By evilvegeta74

@SavageDragon said:

Nah I dont think so. I think he could be easily passed off in a movie as a distraction or worse like Hit Girl From Kick Ass and make the movie all the more unbelievable. Some Characters are better left to the comics. Rocket Raccoon...

I agree with the Rocket thing , but Damian I disagree.

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Matchstick

@evilvegeta74: That would be fantastic. The Nolan films were good as movies, but not as Batman movies. I was really dissappointed with the villian choices. The depictions of Joker, Catwoman and Bane were pretty good, but I would have much rather seen people like Croc, Clayface Black Mask, or even Mr. Freeze. If they make new Batman movies they should have way less gritty realism, and way more comic influence. We've seen them go too cheesy and now we've seen it go too gritty. Now we just need something right down the middle.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Matchstick said:

@evilvegeta74: That would be fantastic. The Nolan films were good as movies, but not as Batman movies. I was really dissappointed with the villian choices. The depictions of Joker, Catwoman and Bane were pretty good, but I would have much rather seen people like Croc, Clayface Black Mask, or even Mr. Freeze. If they make new Batman movies they should have way less gritty realism, and way more comic influence. We've seen them go too cheesy and now we've seen it go too gritty. Now we just need something right down the middle.

It's hard for me to address the issue without hurting Bat-fans, so I try to address that issue in as few words as possible, personally I think you hit the nail on the head. Bane should have been like WWE wrestler sized seriously, and the voice thing and mask was weird. These are comic adaptated movies, you're not supposed to walk out of the theatre believing that you can be Batman, only fantacize about it. That's what gets me about a lot of Batman fans.They feel that what he goes through and the stories are realistic. I tend to believe that the Punisher and his stories are more realistic, because his stories discuss deal with many things that we see on the new, and it's not too far fetched for someone to go all vigilante over issues murder and rape.

Avatar image for captain_yesterday
Captain_Yesterday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm against any Robin appearing in any Batman move ever.

Maybe it was Chris O'Donald in Batman Forever, and Batman & Robin.

Maybe it was the corny Adam West TV show.

But I don't want Robin in Batman movies, just doesn't seem to fit as well as in the comics.

Although, I've never been that big of a Robin guy anyway, so I am bias.

And if they do, it should be Jason Todd.