Shold Netflix superheroes really join the MCU Movies (

WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There is such a difference in tone and brutality and I don't think it'd work. What do you guys think?

TinyFord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Never work, Netflix takes the reject characters that will never have successful movies in the first place

Rusti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh IDK. I think the Netflix actors are quite MEH compared to blockbuster ones

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

yes

Juan913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with @tinyford. Kevin Feige has different vision for the two mediums here. Even Anthony Mackie (Falcon) has gone on record to say that it will never work and that Kevin Feige will not have them cross over.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juan913 said:

I agree with @tinyford. Kevin Feige has different vision for the two mediums here. Even Anthony Mackie (Falcon) has gone on record to say that it will never work and that Kevin Feige will not have them cross over.

While I like his work, I don't think Anthony Mackie has much influence or knowledge of the situation (unless a producer has told him something), but I agree here. The two entities just don't seem very compatible. Maybe a cameo or something by a Netflix character...I highly doubt you could get many of the big screen MCU stars to do the reverse. Although with Sam Jackson doing a cameo (or did he do more than one?) on Agents of SHIELD, who knows?

Avatar image for deactivated-5af85f4e3dbf7
deactivated-5af85f4e3dbf7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noooooo. The Netflix world is perfect.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not as regulars but in a crossover every now and then could work. People act like the tone of comic book stories don't shift depending on the story, the same thing can happen in tv/movies just fine.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Eto
Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So how many times has this thread been made?

I lost the count

Avatar image for lord_adamantium
Lord_Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be cool seeing Daredevil and Luke Cage in the MCU movies.

If they re-cast Iron Fist and Punisher it would be cool seeing them in the MCU movies too.

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, especially now that they are getting into Thanos. What are the Netflix heroes going to do to him?

Avatar image for herewegoagain86
herewegoagain86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would seem unnatural to me

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it would work. Black Widow and Iron Man would be making jokes and then The Punisher comes in, blasts away the bad guys with a M-60 into a gory mess and talks about how his daughters face was blown off when his family was murdered.

Either the movie people will have to get darker or the Netflix one will have to get lighter. And because the movies make so much money, it would have to be the latter. I don't think anyone would want that.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. The TV characters are best on TV, and the movie characters are best in movies. The only Marvel show that I think COULD crossover with the movies is Agents of SHIELD, and even then, just for the cameos.

Besides, what good would they do? Iron Fist would be a good addition to the Avengers, and maybe Luke Cage would be, but Daredevil and Jessica Jones are non factors.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need to at least start referencing them, if they can get Spider-Man back from Sony to use they can damn well use characters they actually have the rights to.

WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_adamantium: Who cares if the guy who plays Iron Fist isn't Asian?

Not sure what you are going on about. I am glad they did not change Danny's ethnicity and that it is true to the comic book character in that regard. I meant they should recast him a with a better actor who is in good shape, athletic, and actually trains hard.

Finn, however, is a lazy actor who did not train nearly enough nor get in good enough shape for the part and is a terrible actor.

I believe you make knee-jerk assumptions and prejudge others because of your own narrow view of the world and your skewed, polarized, and divisive mentality and which is why you assumed that I had a problem with Danny being white. I do not.

I hope you evolve intellectually and emotionally someday.

Goodbye.

WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanitrize1999 said:

@lord_adamantium: Who cares if the guy who plays Iron Fist isn't Asian?

Not sure what you are going on about. I am glad they did not change Danny's ethnicity and that it is true to the comic book character in that regard. I meant they should recast him a with a better actor who is in good shape, athletic, and actually trains hard.

Finn, however, is a lazy actor who did not train nearly enough nor get in good enough shape for the part and is a terrible actor.

I believe you make knee-jerk assumptions and prejudge others because of your own narrow view of the world and your skewed, polarized, and divisive mentality and which is why you assumed that I had a problem with Danny being white. I do not.

I hope you evolve intellectually and emotionally someday.

Goodbye.

Huh, all I asked is "WHO cares if the guy who plays Iron Fist isn't Asian?".

majin77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU shows are trash lol

WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree, the tone difference is just way too substantial. They work much better covering seperate niches. Besides, I can't imagine Daredevil or Jessica Jones contributing much to the Avengers. Maybe give them some minor cameos just to help develop the shared universe. Stuff like having Tony Stark in a bussiness meeting with Ward Meachum, having Doctor Strange mention The Hand/Kun Lun, or having one of Peter Parker's suspicious friends hire Jessica Jones to validate his identity. Just minor appearences or cameos, but not central roles so the tones don't clash too much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it'd be interesting to have minor roles/appearances

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least have them make small or minor appearances.

Lord_Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lord_Adamantium
@nickzambuto said:

@lord_adamantium: Why would Punisher need to be recast?

I just don't care for Jon Bernthal as The Punisher because he looks skeevy, drugged out, is scrawny and out of shape, and I don't like his take on the character. They should have cast a much better Frank Castle imo that is more like this:

No Caption Provided

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_adamantium: I agree that my biggest problem with Bernthal was his relative scrawniness, although "skeevy" and "drugged out" is definitely way farther than I would go. However, I do think he has a great face for Frank (he looks Italian, and Frank is Italian which added irony to his mafia killings, at least this was the case in the MAX universe) which helps alleviate some of the image problem.

But what's most important is his portrayal, and I think he was downright phenomenal in that regard. If you disagree with that than that's just unfortunate. I doubt I can really persuade you differently, but it's a shame you weren't able to enjoy seeing Frank come to life as much as I did.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They'll probably make a cameo or something eventually.

Lord_Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lord_Adamantium

@lord_adamantium: I agree that my biggest problem with Bernthal was his relative scrawniness, although "skeevy" and "drugged out" is definitely way farther than I would go. However, I do think he has a great face for Frank (he looks Italian, and Frank is Italian which added irony to his mafia killings, at least this was the case in the MAX universe) which helps alleviate some of the image problem.

But what's most important is his portrayal, and I think he was downright phenomenal in that regard. If you disagree with that than that's just unfortunate. I doubt I can really persuade you differently, but it's a shame you weren't able to enjoy seeing Frank come to life as much as I did.

I call em like i see em :D

See, I don't think he looks Italian at all, he looks Jewish, which is what he is (not that there is anything wrong with being Jewish mind you. He also could pass for middle -eastern. He is very homely with a deformed nose and he looks really weird imo. He looks diametrically opposed to Comic book frank caste in every way imo.

I did not like his portrayal at all. He was way too psychotic and creepy for my taste and way too over the top. My belief is that he was shoe-horned into the role because a.) he belongs to the elite hollywood clique/cabal and b. they did not want someone who would overshadow Charlie Cox. This "let's cast below average looking, homely, and ugly people as superheroes" trend is not something I am in agreement with. I enjoyed the Daredevil series despite Frank not because of him though.

We just have differing views and opinions on the matter is all.

Take care.