Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jax

Eternal Chaos says:

"Alright folks, I need your help for a research paper I'm doing for school. This is basically my paper. I need to write about how beneficial comics are and if they help increase intelligence from thinking, to reading and writing levels along with vocabulary. Not to mention a billion other things. So, this is what I need. I need a few things from you fellow viners. I need to know who is willing to go through a mini-interview with me about how comics have effected them if they have inspired them, taught them new words or new things in general. I'd also appreciate it if you'd be willing to share your name with me in this paper (totally confidential) and if you can help link me to other sites that might have some useful information. There's more to it, but I'd like to know if you guys can help me, it'll mean so much."

I'd be willing but how much of my name.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Alright folks, I need your help for a research paper I'm doing for school. This is basically my paper. I need to write about how beneficial comics are and if they help increase intelligence from thinking, to reading and writing levels along with vocabulary. Not to mention a billion other things. So, this is what I need. I need a few things from you fellow viners. I need to know who is willing to go through a mini-interview with me about how comics have effected them if they have inspired them, taught them new words or new things in general. I'd also appreciate it if you'd be willing to share your name with me in this paper (totally confidential) and if you can help link me to other sites that might have some useful information. There's more to it, but I'd like to know if you guys can help me, it'll mean so much.

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jax

Eternal Chaos says:

"Jax says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Alright folks, I need your help for a research paper I'm doing for school. This is basically my paper. I need to write about how beneficial comics are and if they help increase intelligence from thinking, to reading and writing levels along with vocabulary. Not to mention a billion other things. So, this is what I need. I need a few things from you fellow viners. I need to know who is willing to go through a mini-interview with me about how comics have effected them if they have inspired them, taught them new words or new things in general. I'd also appreciate it if you'd be willing to share your name with me in this paper (totally confidential) and if you can help link me to other sites that might have some useful information. There's more to it, but I'd like to know if you guys can help me, it'll mean so much."
I'd be willing but how much of my name."
Just a first and last. I'm going to be quoting specific statements that you make to back up my arguement."

Hmmm maybe later. I have to figure out how much comics have affected me.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

Um You can use mine xP

Vine Villians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vine Villians

ALways here help ya out EC if need me bro

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Jax says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
I'd be willing but how much of my name."

Just a first and last. I'm going to be quoting specific statements that you make to back up my arguement.

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shaper

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a perfect example of what comics can do to a person. Thanks to comics and comicvine my writing and vocabulary skills have increased greatly. Not to mention the fact about my reading skills.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By zero edge

why don't you just post all the questions you want in this thread and have everyone answer it here?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Shaper says:

"HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a perfect example of what comics can do to a person. Thanks to comics and comicvine my writing and vocabulary skills have increased greatly. Not to mention the fact about my reading skills."

I was wondering if you were online. I'm definitly taking your stuff to quote.

@Zero: I need to get the questions worked out first, but not only that some of the questions might change depending on the responses.

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Shaper

Eternal Chaos says:

"Shaper says:
"HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a perfect example of what comics can do to a person. Thanks to comics and comicvine my writing and vocabulary skills have increased greatly. Not to mention the fact about my reading skills."
I was wondering if you were online. I'm definitly taking your stuff to quote. "

LMAO! You want to talk to Copy or Shaper? (Does it matter in your report?)

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Shaper

Eternal Chaos says:

"Shaper says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Shaper says:
LMAO! You want to talk to Copy or Shaper? (Does it matter in your report?)"
No, so long as one of them is willing to give me at least a first and last name. I'll even try to pull out the infamous "Hidden Interviewee" card."

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Dude, you know I would love to help. And I have your back. But when it comes to my full name, I can't do it. Sorry man.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

I'm in for whatever ya need.

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shaper

Eternal Chaos says:

"Shaper says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Shaper says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Shaper says:
No, so long as one of them is willing to give me at least a first and last name. I'll even try to pull out the infamous "Hidden Interviewee" card."
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Dude, you know I would love to help. And I have your back. But when it comes to my full name, I can't do it. Sorry man. "
I'm going to try to get a few "hidden" names. I'm gonna beg my teacher to let me censor a few names because of a few people who don't want to give up their names. Would you still be willing to help?"
As long as I don't have to give my full name out then yes.
Post Edited:2008-03-06 17:58:31
Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Shaper says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Shaper says:

No, so long as one of them is willing to give me at least a first and last name. I'll even try to pull out the infamous "Hidden Interviewee" card.

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jax

Well I'll post how comics have affected me here.

Comics hace affected me greatly. I have an increased vocabulary, better reading skills, and my writing has improved greatly. With my writing improving I wrote my fan-fic diaries of the condemned and posted it here. People said they liked it and I'm working on the other 3 parts currently. With my vocabulary I've learned how to use bigger words in the proper sentences like superfluous, masochist, and others. My reading has improved so I can comprehend far greater then what I could previous do. So yeah comics are great so fck off you fcking imbeciles.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Shaper says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Shaper says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Shaper says:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Dude, you know I would love to help. And I have your back. But when it comes to my full name, I can't do it. Sorry man. "

I'm going to try to get a few "hidden" names. I'm gonna beg my teacher to let me censor a few names because of a few people who don't want to give up their names. Would you still be willing to help?

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jax

Eternal Chaos says:

"Shaper says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Shaper says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Shaper says:
I'm going to try to get a few "hidden" names. I'm gonna beg my teacher to let me censor a few names because of a few people who don't want to give up their names. Would you still be willing to help?"

If I don't have to use my full name yes.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Eternal Chaos

@Copy and Jax: Alright, I'll see what I can pull off. Everybody who's going to help me, I thank you alot. I'm still willing to get more help.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Cryo-Wolf says:

"I'll give my full name..."

Thank you Cryo.

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jax

Jax says:

"Well I'll post how comics have affected me here. Comics hace affected me greatly. I have an increased vocabulary, better reading skills, and my writing has improved greatly. With my writing improving I wrote my fan-fic diaries of the condemned and posted it here. People said they liked it and I'm working on the other 3 parts currently. With my vocabulary I've learned how to use bigger words in the proper sentences like superfluous, masochist, and others. My reading has improved so I can comprehend far greater then what I could previous do. So yeah comics are great so f*ck off you f*cking imbeciles."

(The last part was for people who think comics are a waste of time.)

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Jack the Ripper says:

"I more or less have the same answers as Jax and Copy...except that I don't care if people know my name"

So will you help me out?

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

I'll give my full name...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a867073cc016
deactivated-5a867073cc016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I more or less have the same answers as Jax and Copy...except that I don't care if people know my name

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Jack the Ripper says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Jack the Ripper says:
"I more or less have the same answers as Jax and Copy...except that I don't care if people know my name"
So will you help me out?"
sure"

Thanks Jack. Means alot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternal Chaos says:

"Jack the Ripper says:

So will you help me out?"

sure

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Midnight Lantern

I'd help ya' but I'm not giving out my name (I have a secret Identity to uphold).

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Midnight Lantern says:

"I'd help ya' but I'm not giving out my name (I have a secret Identity to uphold)."

That's fine. I've got alot of persuading to do with that teacher tommorrow... I hate life. LoL.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so how is this going to work?

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Hey EC, cool that you get to write about stuff like this. In my school, I never got the opportunity to do such a thing regarding comics.

But I was wondering about this and I'm not sure if this actually relates to your paper. However, a good essay always has two sides to it, so I was wondering if you've got anything that "dumbs down" a reader?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Jack the Ripper says:

"so how is this going to work?"

I'm going to ask you a series of questions that I need to develop first, you'll tell me about your personal experiences with comics whether they be from increasing your intellgence and vocabulary to how helpful they are for escaping every day issues, ect.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Ms. Invisible says:

"Hey EC, cool that you get to write about stuff like this. In my school, I never got the opportunity to do such a thing regarding comics. But I was wondering about this and I'm not sure if this actually relates to your paper. However, a good essay always has two sides to it, so I was wondering if you've got anything that "dumbs down" a reader?"

Yeah, I was going to look that up too, and I asked my teacher if my paper can be a giant arguement (even though it'll make me look insane, but with me, there's always method behind the madness).

@Shaper: It's English. In New York City, English is broken down for 4 years, 8 semesters. I'm a senior so I'm on the last semester. It's basically and English research paper and all I gotta do is write it so long as it's a questionable topic. I of course, being the nerd I am, chose comicbooks so not only can I do a better job with it, but I can make everybody else look stupid even more. LoL.

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Shaper

What class is this, Ec? I have a class like this, but we call it literature in Media. We took about symbolism and all that. We talk about comics and watch cartoons in it this semster. We are watching the 80's cartoon, the Visionaries.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternal Chaos says:

"Ms. Invisible says:
"Hey EC, cool that you get to write about stuff like this. In my school, I never got the opportunity to do such a thing regarding comics. But I was wondering about this and I'm not sure if this actually relates to your paper. However, a good essay always has two sides to it, so I was wondering if you've got anything that "dumbs down" a reader?"

Yeah, I was going to look that up too, and I asked my teacher if my paper can be a giant arguement (even though it'll make me look insane, but with me, there's always method behind the madness).

@Shaper: It's English. In New York City, English is broken down for 4 years, 8 semesters. I'm a senior so I'm on the last semester. It's basically and English research paper and all I gotta do is write it so long as it's a questionable topic. I of course, being the nerd I am, chose comicbooks so not only can I do a better job with it, but I can make everybody else look stupid even more. LoL."

I did something like this in my sophomore year, a few months ago (except I did the use of child soldiers)

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Jack the Ripper says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Ms. Invisible says:
Yeah, I was going to look that up too, and I asked my teacher if my paper can be a giant arguement (even though it'll make me look insane, but with me, there's always method behind the madness). @Shaper: It's English. In New York City, English is broken down for 4 years, 8 semesters. I'm a senior so I'm on the last semester. It's basically and English research paper and all I gotta do is write it so long as it's a questionable topic. I of course, being the nerd I am, chose comicbooks so not only can I do a better job with it, but I can make everybody else look stupid even more. LoL."
I did something like this in my sophomore year, a few months ago (except I did the use of child soldiers)"

Child Soldiers. They were used alot in Vietnam.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternal Chaos says:

"Jack the Ripper says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Ms. Invisible says:
Yeah, I was going to look that up too, and I asked my teacher if my paper can be a giant arguement (even though it'll make me look insane, but with me, there's always method behind the madness). @Shaper: It's English. In New York City, English is broken down for 4 years, 8 semesters. I'm a senior so I'm on the last semester. It's basically and English research paper and all I gotta do is write it so long as it's a questionable topic. I of course, being the nerd I am, chose comicbooks so not only can I do a better job with it, but I can make everybody else look stupid even more. LoL."
I did something like this in my sophomore year, a few months ago (except I did the use of child soldiers)"

Child Soldiers. They were used alot in Vietnam."

but my paper was mainly about their use in Africa today

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Jack the Ripper says:

"but my paper was mainly about their use in Africa today"

I saw that alot in Blood Diamond. Really good movie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternal Chaos says:

"Jack the Ripper says:

I saw that alot in Blood Diamond. Really good movie."

One of the best I've seen

I watched it for my paper, sad thing is that that depiction is the watered down version

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Jack the Ripper says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Jack the Ripper says:
I saw that alot in Blood Diamond. Really good movie."
One of the best I've seen I watched it for my paper, sad thing is that that depiction is the watered down version"

I'm not surprised. It's a movie, if they showed how it really is it'd have to be rated NC-17.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I thought that I'd bump this to see if I can get any extra help from you lovley ladies and gentlemen.