Secrets of the Sith

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Since this book is coming out soon, I thought I’d start a thread for anyone to share and discuss any interesting things they find.

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, I'm hyped for it and all, but I do hope for another Legends sourcebook. But meh, I guess Canon is alright. Also, I kinda hope they include Revan inside the book, now that he's canon, I'm curious as to what they will do with him.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SonOfDarkness

Here’s some pages:

https://imgur.com/a/HWsTSto

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SonOfDarkness

Palpatine says that Kylo is a worthy apprentice, and that he is equally as powerful as a true Sith:

“From the shadows, I shaped him into a worthy apprentice—not a true Sith but equally powerful in the dark side.”

Then later he says that the inquisitors are lesser beings, not worthy of becoming Sith:

“Few who devote themselves to the dark side ever prove worthy of becoming a Sith. But two dark lords alone, no matter how formidable, cannot conquer a galaxy. Over the years, I have strategically employed the services of lesser beings to advance my goals.” (He’s referring to the Inquisitors, Nightsisters, and KOR here.)

So the book confirms that Kylo is more powerful than the inquisitors. You could argue this scales Kylo above Savage and Ventress too since they aren’t true sith. Palpatine refers to them simply as dark disciples

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SonOfDarkness

Ventress also got a nice accolade, Palpatine says that her mastery of Jar’Kai is unparalleled:

“Ventress’s mastery of the dual-bladed, combat-style Jar’Kai was unparalleled. Yet another reason she had to be eliminated.”

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean it’s stuff we already didn’t know, but it’s more confirmation I suppose.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SonOfDarkness

@frozen: Since we’re discussing the book on Kylo’s respect thread, I’m tagging you here as well because I made this thread to discuss the book

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sonofdarkness: Nice, I'll add the Ventress quote to my respect thread and credit you for it, thanks.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#10 frozen  Moderator

Palpatine says that Kylo is a worthy apprentice, and that he is equally as powerful as a true Sith:

“From the shadows, I shaped him into a worthy apprentice—not a true Sith but equally powerful in the dark side.”

Then later he says that the inquisitors are lesser beings, not worthy of becoming Sith:

“Few who devote themselves to the dark side ever prove worthy of becoming a Sith. But two dark lords alone, no matter how formidable, cannot conquer a galaxy. Over the years, I have strategically employed the services of lesser beings to advance my goals.” (He’s referring to the Inquisitors, Nightsisters, and KOR here.)

So the book confirms that Kylo is more powerful than the inquisitors. You could argue this scales Kylo above Savage and Ventress too since they aren’t true sith. Palpatine refers to them simply as dark disciples.

Palpatine has his doubts on Kylo when comparing him to Vader:

No Caption Provided

Likely due to his conflict, which is the primary reason he says Kylo isn't a threat to his reign:

No Caption Provided

Though tbh redeemed Ben didn't do great against Sidious either.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SonOfDarkness

@frozen: yeah it sounds like Palpatine believed that Kylo was still pretty conflicted, he mentions that several times in the book. That would explain why he doesn’t think he’ll ever prove to be more worthy than Vader. Vader had fully committed to the dark side before meeting Luke.

It also explains why he chose Rey as a vessel instead of Kylo. I always thought it was dumb how he spent so much time trying to bring Rey to Exegol to kill him in that ritual when he could have just had Kylo do it earlier. I thought it may have been a genetic thing but it sounds like he just thought Kylo was too conflicted.

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, some nice quotes coming out, some really contradictory with previous sources. Just, there isn't really anything we don't know

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 frozen  Moderator

@darthor said:

Eh, some nice quotes coming out, some really contradictory with previous sources. Just, there isn't really anything we don't know

What about Palpatine saying hermit Luke possessed power that threatened his own?

No Caption Provided

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
@darthor said:

What about Palpatine saying hermit Luke possessed power that threatened his own?

No Caption Provided

Cool, but Luke being a threat to Palpatine was quite obvious IMO

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 frozen  Moderator

@darthor: Its interesting because if depending on where you scale Hermit Luke, it could upscale ROTJ Luke.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthor: @frozen: Sidious says Anakin’s power nearly rivaled his own:

“My power, both in the republic and in the dark side, would prove critical in bringing a young Jedi named Anakin Skywalker—a boy whose power nearly rivaled my own—under my thrall.”

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 frozen  Moderator

@darthor: @frozen: Sidious says Anakin’s power nearly rivaled his own:

“My power, both in the republic and in the dark side, would prove critical in bringing a young Jedi named Anakin Skywalker—a boy whose power nearly rivaled my own—under my thrall.”

Could you post a screen of this?

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SonOfDarkness

@frozen: @darthor:

Also just to weigh in on your conversation about Luke being a threat to Palpatine…

Palpatine also believes that Rey is a threat because she “exhibits potential” to be his equal. So just because Palpatine says that Luke’s threat is removed, I don’t think that necessarily means that Luke was his equal or anything. Just that he could have been potentially.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: is there a way to do that from my phone?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: is there a way to do that from my phone?

Yeah either upload it to imgur or go to desktop mode and post it as an attached image.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@sonofdarkness said:

@frozen: @darthor:

Also just to weigh in on your conversation about Luke being a threat to Palpatine…

Palpatine also believes that Rey is a threat because she “exhibits potential” to be his equal. So just because Palpatine says that Luke’s threat is removed, I don’t think that necessarily means that Luke was his equal or anything. Just that he could have been potentially.

I don't think Luke's case was referring to potential though. When he refers to Luke, he says "those who possess the power" - so from this, we immediately know he is talking about actualized power. If he had been referring to potential, he would have said "possess the potential". In Rey's case, he uses the word potential opposed to the phrase "those who possess the power".

Anyway I didn't interpret it as hermit post prime Luke being = Palpatine, just that he was a peer/rival.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SonOfDarkness

@frozen:

Here’s a scan of Sidious saying Anakin’s power nearly rivaled his own:

https://imgur.com/a/fMeoxOu

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SonOfDarkness

Sidious considers Dooku’s most impressive disciple to be Ventress, which means he believes she is more impressive than Savage Oppress and Quinlan Vos since they are referenced later as his other disciples:

https://imgur.com/gallery/K8S43JW

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 killbilly  Moderator
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SonOfDarkness

Here’s a scan of the page saying Kylo is equally as powerful as a true Sith:

https://imgur.com/gallery/H80yOAK

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 killbilly  Moderator
Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So does this book just rehash what's already been stated elsewhere? It seems kinda lackluster tbh..

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 frozen  Moderator

@frozen:

Here’s a scan of Sidious saying Anakin’s power nearly rivaled his own:

https://imgur.com/a/fMeoxOu

Thanks. So this definitely puts ROTS Anakin at titan level. Couple this with Yoda saying Anakin was > him in power among other quotes and it's clear.

CatMan5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CatMan5

You think we’re gonna get Plagueis in the book? It’s actually not impossible and I would really like it

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 killbilly  Moderator

@catman5 said:

You think we’re gonna get Plagueis in the book? It’s actually not impossible and I would really like it

They seem to be doing this in the style of the Book of the Sith so maybe.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ventress also got a nice accolade, Palpatine says that her mastery of Jar’Kai is unparalleled:

“Ventress’s mastery of the dual-bladed, combat-style Jar’Kai was unparalleled. Yet another reason she had to be eliminated.”

Ventress > Maul > Sidious confirmed.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catman5: Plagueis is mentioned a few times

CatMan5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sonofdarkness I got the book a few days ago and it's really cool. I like what they did with Plagueis

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plaggy finally getting some good materials huh.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catman5 said:

@darthor said:

Sidious validates what he told Anakin in regard to his master's knowledge of the dark side:

No Caption Provided

But most notably, Sidious links his own lightsaber mastery to Plagueis' training:

No Caption Provided

It was Plagueis who brought Sidious to his nigh-unparalleled level of combat prowess. Therefore, we can scale Plagueis to around Sidious' level as a duelist.

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catman5 said:

@darthor said:

Sidious validates what he told Anakin in regard to his master's knowledge of the dark side:

No Caption Provided

But most notably, Sidious links his own lightsaber mastery to Plagueis' training:

No Caption Provided

It was Plagueis who brought Sidious to his nigh-unparalleled level of combat prowess. Therefore, we can scale Plagueis to around Sidious' level as a duelist.

I think we do already scale Plaggy to around TPM Sidious level at lightsaber dueling

But pretty good materials, I like Plaggy a lot