No Caption Provided

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2 krisbishop  Moderator

Not sure if it's just where I come from, but the marketing and publicity for this has been really bad. Had no idea it was releasing.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TobeyMaguire84

Who is gonna watch a superhero show without any superheros. Making secret invasion into a tv show was big billion dollar mistake by Marvel. It would have been perfect for Captain Marvel and Avengers movie

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobeymaguire84: Rhodes is in it, and we may see Super Skrull? That could end up being a fight for the finale.

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By J_Normal

Hell of a first episode.

RIP to and MCU vet :(

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobeymaguire84:

I mean this show is basically the equivalent to Peacemaker if you think about it.

Except Fury is a more popular character than Peacemaker and the Skrulls are a more popular antagonist than the Butterflies

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

Just watched the first episode.. looks dope and I have tons of questions.

Loading Video...

Promo for e2 has me pretty hyped too.

Looks like we will see some powered skrulls …..at least tentacles.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

@krisbishop: Judging from the trailer, President Ritson is gonna be killed by Gravik looking like Fury or Fury kills Ritson because the president is a Skrull which opens the door for Secretary Ross to become the new commander and chief. Red Hulk in the Oval Office...whoop whoop!!! Its a pity about Maria Hill. I didn't realize Cobie Smulders was tired of being Hill. I hold out hopes that this Hill was a Skrull who was sympathetic to Fury and Talos but then again she would have shifted back to her original form once she died.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j_normal: I felt the butterflies could have had a connection to Mr. Mind if Gunn reviewed the antagonists from other heroes. White Dragon's connection to neo nazis was a good move to tie into Peacemaker's original comic book origin. Other members of the Aryan Brigade could have been utilized though.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobeymaguire84: I agree this could have been reserved for a big crossover film with the Fantastic Four, Captain Marvel and Nick Fury leading the charge. However, we have to remember Feige and the MCU are infamous for missed opportunities while making mistakes that could have been avoided if they had thought it through.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

the writer was told not to read the comic so he didn’t… not a good sign

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j_normal said:

Hell of a first episode.

RIP to and MCU vet :(

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 krisbishop  Moderator

I'm holding out on copium that Hill will somehow survive.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 krisbishop  Moderator

Judging from the trailer, President Ritson is gonna be killed by Gravik looking like Fury or Fury kills Ritson because the president is a Skrull which opens the door for Secretary Ross to become the new commander and chief. Red Hulk in the Oval Office...whoop whoop!!! Its a pity about Maria Hill. I didn't realize Cobie Smulders was tired of being Hill. I hold out hopes that this Hill was a Skrull who was sympathetic to Fury and Talos but then again she would have shifted back to her original form once she died.

That does seem likely! This Skrull stuff has a lot of potential for plot twists and reveals imo.

goldeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Facts

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Secret Invasion Episode 1 was Pretty Good. Curious to see where they will go with it.

Avatar image for platinumchalice
PlatinumChalice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks promising so far

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Same. It was odd she wasn't in the opening credits.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobeymaguire84: I agree this could have been reserved for a big crossover film with the Fantastic Four, Captain Marvel and Nick Fury leading the charge. However, we have to remember Feige and the MCU are infamous for missed opportunities while making mistakes that could have been avoided if they had thought it through.

Carol is the reason the skrulls are on earth, The skrulls betraying her and trying to take over her home Planet had so much potential story wise for her. The concept of character arc no longer seems to be a thing in current MCU

CosmiComic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't expect all this negativity.

I thought this was a good start. Fairly subdued although I didn't expect the episode to ramp up as much as it did

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its the first episode so things need to get set up. I'll wait and hold judgement. What Marvel doesn't want to happen is that at the end of this series they don't want fans to say "the comic was a lot better".

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#23 owie  Moderator

It was ok. They told us Fury had "lost a step" like 3 times, so no points for subtlety.

I liked that the scene of the skrull kids playing soccer recalled the old print ads for the original comic.

Avatar image for deactivated-64c9850de8e51
deactivated-64c9850de8e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who is gonna watch a superhero show without any superheros. Making secret invasion into a tv show was big billion dollar mistake by Marvel. It would have been perfect for Captain Marvel and Avengers movie

Yes. Any super skrull can stomp the entire cast of characters in this show. Its already on the wrong foot and deflating from the lore. Such a waste.

Avatar image for returnkaboom232
returnkaboom232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did this show use AI art for the intro lol

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@geekryan said:
@krisbishop said:

Same. It was odd she wasn't in the opening credits.

If she really died in the first episode I’m thinking maybe the actress doesn’t want to play her anymore.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KillianDuclark

This show makes no sense to me. Why are skrulls in hiding in the first place?

The people of Earth seem pretty chill about the Asgardians.

And I'm calling it now, Gravik is Fury's Skrull ex-wife's son who he basically adopted.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

Neat

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: Yeah. The frost beast kinda looks like a rancor there though ha.

Kinda cool how they’re tying things together with these aliens scattered across the MCU.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krisbishop: I should have saw it coming with Nick Fury having a Skrull wife. It seems kind of hypocritical though that she has to be in human form before they embrace each other. Then again maybe he doesn't know that she is a Skrull which would be unlike him.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobeymaguire84: I agree with you about the character arc. The Captain Marvel movie was like a watered down version of the Kree-Skrull War but Secret Invasion could have been a great comeback sequel for her and Spectrum but minus Kamala Khan. However, Carol Danvers is the big gun when it comes to huge threats. She would only be needed when the Power or Super Skrulls come into play which seems pretty soon from today's episode.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: Super Skrulls. I'm hoping Norman Osborn is a Skrull in the MCU. It would explain away the Green Goblin look. As for Hobgoblin, maybe he can be an albino Skrull.

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quake vs Super Skrull Garik. Calling it now.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Episode 2 of Secret Invasion was Ok I guess. It's not a bad show and not nearly as lackluster as She Hulk which some was comparing to.

Avatar image for shadowknight130
ShadowKnight130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m honestly not that impressed yet. A show with a lot of potential and it’s being wasted by being mediocre.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 owie  Moderator

I find myself not being invested in any given conversation between characters because either one of the people talking could be a Skrull, and thus the whole thing might not matter. For instance Rhodey and Fury had a complex conversation about race and orders and ego, but it's all moot if Rhodey happens to be a Skrull.

Watching it again after it's over would help with that though.

I don't see how the Skrulls managed to all get into such positions of power in the world. It would be one thing if they killed humans and took their place, but that council didn't believe in hurting humans (at least until they all completely changed their minds after one short speech). Which means they all got their positions in the same way any human would, by getting votes and/or persuading others in power to appoint them. Seems unlikely that would work for that many Skrulls.

justneedhelp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can’t for the next episode. So far it’s good and im curious on what then frost beast is needed for.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator
@owie said:

I find myself not being invested in any given conversation between characters because either one of the people talking could be a Skrull, and thus the whole thing might not matter. For instance Rhodey and Fury had a complex conversation about race and orders and ego, but it's all moot if Rhodey happens to be a Skrull.

Watching it again after it's over would help with that though.

Thought it was just me. I was really invested in the conversation between Rhodes and Fury and then I realised it could all not matter. Price to pay for them going into this "Surprise! Anyone could be a Skrull!" line.

CosmiComic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think even if he's a skrull it was a very entertaining conversation. "Even when I'm out, I'm in" is a killer line

Also, what was bad about She Hulk?

goldeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much for Quake appearing.

ShadowKnight130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think even if he's a skrull it was a very entertaining conversation. "Even when I'm out, I'm in" is a killer line

Also, what was bad about She Hulk?

Is that a rhetorical question?

Avatar image for money_brings_happiness
Money_Brings_Happiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly it’s been great so far.

CosmiComic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowKnight130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicomic: Acting, Cgi, Practical Efforts, cringey dialogue ,bad storyline, 4th wall jokes were very bad and never landed. Then for the finale they didn't know how to finish the story so they literally made into a joke and say it was done on purpose and anyone who doesn't like it is just a hater

CosmiComic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowknight130: the only problem was the cgi and the humor at times. The story was fine and the ending was a commentary on all the cliches everyone complained about in the previous phases

goldeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By goldeneagle

I think that the show is awesome. The CGI is on point. The dialogue is some of the best I've seen since I binged GOT last year (not on that level, but the best since then,) and the story is amazing. I literally do not know what's going to happen after this weeks death. There hasn't been a main character death this sudden and big in a Marvel movie or show since, I honestly can't remember. We knew that it was bound to happen in Endgame and Infinity War, and even Love and Thunder, but in this episode, she went from totally fine, to dead in about 45 seconds.

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Show is great so far.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 owie  Moderator

@krisbishop: I am also glad to know that that's not just me feeling that!

JComics2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have been silent for the past few weeks and now with 3 episodes left, all I say is that the series has been 🔥 and dope so far and has got me intrigued for its 3 upcoming episodes.

ShadowKnight130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The show to me has only been mediocre so far, it is a show that has so much potential that is being waste and falling victim to certain problems the mcu often has. They aren't taking any certain risks yet, the show is pretty predictable with other stuff being randomly put in there for the sake of shock value. And they skip over character development by letting us know "hey by the way Nick fury had alot of character development/change that was off screen"