User Lists: 3

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@jonez_ said:

So who do you think is going to actually take down Cap?

These are the front runners:

• Cap himself
  • Odinson
  • Black Widow
  • Miles Morales
  • Iron Man AI

One less to the list

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@thor_parker82: I'd go with Morales on that list, even though it's been foreshadowed so heavily that he might not actually be the one doing the deed -as I'm actually in belief that taking down Stevil is going to be a team effort, so there will be no "one killer".

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By mimisalome

i had the impression that Secret Empire is Marvel's "reset" event aimed at killing off the last remaining old iconic characters (eg: steve, tony) so they can replace them with (and eventually establish) their new batch of a more politically corrected version of their old characters.

I mean they have been mass replacing a lot of their iconic white male characters with women, lesbians, gays, blacks, latinos, muslims, asians, etc. and im thinking that people at Marvel had this delusional idea that fans are celebrating that changes so they were initially very proud about and hype of Secret Empire.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, Black Widow is dead and The Punisher is siding with Hydra because Steve promised to bring back his family once he gets his hands on the cosmic cube.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I know Spencer was trying to make the readers feel something about Widow's death but I didn't really feel anything at all. Not because I dislike Black Widow or because she'll be back soon since death is a revolving door in comics. I just didn't care about Widow's arc at all.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

To be fair, this issue was the best one so far imo. I don't really like that much Black Widow but Spencer did a good job of making us, the readers, feel involved and it really touched me in a way. I like how he is writing her and Miles.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anybody know where is or what happened to the "son" of Steve Rogers from the Dimension Z ?? The one who is actually the son of Arnim Zola...........and speaking of which, what happened with the daughter of Arnim as well ??

Please help lol

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Issue #8 was pretty good, things are finally starting to look good for the heroes.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Was a pretty good issue this series has had too many up and down issues in terms of quality though

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I know Spencer was trying to make the readers feel something about Widow's death but I didn't really feel anything at all. Not because I dislike Black Widow or because she'll be back soon since death is a revolving door in comics. I just didn't care about Widow's arc at all.

True, somehow her death felt oddly distanced from everything. Perhaps the build-up gave the wrong tone or something but I was left pretty cold as well, though I can't really put a finger to why I felt so very little emotional impact.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's horrible so far as I am reading it now. I am on number 4 and frank castle a hydra agent? Come on he better freaking betray cap. The champions are annoying and not in a good story telling way but just annoying. It's hard to read thorough as it's that bad.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The real Cap needs to set shit straight. I don't want phony Falcon Cap to be the hero.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By slimj87d

The cover made issue 9 a big disappointment to me. Even the synopsis made it sound like Bucky was going to play a big role and he ends up having a tiny bit of screen time.

Yeah, I get it. He has the last piece from Sam, he's going to kick Zola's ass and reform kobik. How predictable... But none of that happened this issue.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this nonsense over yet?

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Honestly this issue was a whole lot of nothing.

Random shots of the battle and a generic/meaningless monologue made up half of it.

And when any plot development did happen it felt sudden and unearned.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How fucking disappointing.

The early issues actually did a pretty decent job of painting a picture of this world in despair. The heroes were true underdogs and there were all these different ingredients that made the story unpredictable.

But then it's like BAM! The heroes all just show up and now they're suddenly winning!

No build up. No expertly crafted master plan by Tony or an espionage fueled coup-Assassination by Black Widow... They just kinda all banded together and took down Cap's army.

They rushed this to Hell.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@jonez_ said:

How fucking disappointing.

The early issues actually did a pretty decent job of painting a picture of this world in despair. The heroes were true underdogs and there were all these different ingredients that made the story unpredictable.

But then it's like BAM! The heroes all just show up and now they're suddenly winning!

No build up. No expertly crafted master plan by Tony or an espionage fueled coup-Assassination by Black Widow... They just kinda all banded together and took down Cap's army.

They rushed this to Hell.

QFT, it goes against all of Spencer's set up and narrative thus far. Feels rushed and undeserved.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#71  Edited By brucerogers

I hated the Kobik reveal but Gorgon going toe to toe with Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones at the same time was an eff yeah moment for me. Even if it was inconclusive.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Thor-Parker

Secret Empire #9 is definitely the best issue so far, I absolutely loved it, I don´t feel it is being rushed, after all, this is the ninth issue.

Plus we had this:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez_: the narration is getting cringe worthy... It's so corny now.

"We have hope. He led us we're strong again." yeah, I freaking get it.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hydra Steve was never worthy of Mjolnir

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty underwhelmed with the finale tbh

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Thor-Parker

@thorthunder98 said:

Yeah, I enjoyed the issue but it felt a little rushed, everything was resolved too quickly.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Thorthunder98

@thorthunder98 said:

Yeah, I enjoyed the issue but it felt a little rushed, everything was resolved too quickly.

Yea exactly it was like everything's back to normal it was too easy and quick, and then they give the typical 'things will never be the same'

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#79  Edited By vinomonster

Issue 10 is just lame writing to my disappointment.

weavile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

everyone lose and win in 3 panels or even offscreen

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By sinikettu

@thor_parker82 said:

Secret Empire #9 is definitely the best issue so far, I absolutely loved it, I don´t feel it is being rushed, after all, this is the ninth issue.

Yeah, issue #9 was really good.

It was a real shame to see how weak the tenth issue is. All that great build-up and... two guys square it off and then thing go back the way they were?

It's just so very unfulfilling and I think that's what's been the main problem with Marvel's events for years now. they start great, move with good speed, great stakes, big heroes vs. great evil etc. but the payoff just isn't there and the reader is left unsatisfied.

Seriously, Kobik fixing everything with her "magic hand wave" was either really lazy or really weak storytelling depending on how you like to look at it. The only way to make the ending even worse would have been "Thank goodness it was just a dream. -Phew, we sure dodged that bullet."-ending.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinikettu: I wonder how they are going to keep around a character so powerful like Kobik.

weavile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By weavile

@thor_parker82: what about that Singularity girl from the A-Force, her power is comparable to Kobik

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: I suspect that they'll just basically "forget" that she is around... Won't be the first character and certainly not the last whose gotten that treatment.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@weavile said:

@thor_parker82: what about that Singularity girl from the A-Force, her power is comparable to Kobik

I haven´t read A-Force, I have no idea who that is.

@thor_parker82: I suspect that they'll just basically "forget" that she is around... Won't be the first character and certainly not the last whose gotten that treatment.

Most likely

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frank Castle is back !!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: And boy is he pissed at being duped a like a superhero college freshman...

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinikettu: I guess that´s why he´ll take the War Machine armor, to rain hell on Hydra.