Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By waezi2

CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR FOR MORE 5-PANELS

No Caption Provided

Well, that was unexpected. This seems like a solid event series.

No Caption Provided

Cap might be a traitor, but he seems conflicted about what he believes is the right thing to do.

No Caption Provided

The reactions from the characters who feels betrayed are very diverse and seems believable.

No Caption Provided

The way Cap got rid of any serious threat and gained control over America is pretty clever.

No Caption Provided

And the way the “normal“ people accepts the new reign doesn’t seem too forced and you understand them to a certain degree.

No Caption Provided

Man, I hate to admit it, but if I put aside my opinions about Spencer turning Cap into a Nazi, well… I kinda dig this series. I honestly have nothing to complain about.

No Caption Provided

I’m the Black Widow, and I want to start a new team called the Red Room. Also, Tony Stark is a drunk bozo.

No Caption Provided

… I take it back. I take it ALL back… Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Is any reason why she decide to call IT "Red Room"? We are going to be the good Red Room or something?

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

is this the same series where Stark has the audacity to say everything is somehow Pym's fault?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is this the same series where Stark has the audacity to say everything is somehow Pym's fault?

Yep. I have this theory that the moment someone calls Hank a "wife-beater" then you can be sure that the comic will suck.

@vitalius said:

Is any reason why she decide to call IT "Red Room"? We are going to be the good Red Room or something?

Not really. Widow plans on assassinate Cap, and is now training a gang of teenage superheroes to do it, including Nadia Pym. It's really tasteless.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:
@amazing_webhead said:

Yep. I have this theory that the moment someone calls Hank a "wife-beater" then you can be sure that the comic will suck.

unbelievable. every last word of Hank's "The Reason You Suck" Speech was right on the money, and Stark fires back that Pym is somehow worse for losing control during a mental breakdown against a woman who was taking advantage of his fragile state for her own sake?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Maybe she using because everything is "reversed". However that sounds alike a bad idea and she could simply call it Secret Avengers.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@waezi2: Maybe she using because everything is "reversed". However that sounds alike a bad idea and she could simply call it Secret Avengers.

YES! Exactly! Don't name your new team after a program that turned innocent girls into killing machines.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:
@amazing_webhead said:

unbelievable. every last word of Hank's "The Reason You Suck" Speech was right on the money, and Stark fires back that Pym is somehow worse for losing control during a mental breakdown against a woman who was taking advantage of his fragile state for her own sake?

Even Jan admits that she was partly to blame because she A: pushed him and B: didn't take his mental problems that seriously.

And yeah, you know something is TERRIBLY WRONG when a killer robot is right about superheroes. https://waezi2.tumblr.com/post/161889734771/you-know-something-is-terribly-wrong-when-an-evil

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By amazing_webhead
@waezi2 said:
@amazing_webhead said:
@waezi2 said:
@amazing_webhead said:

Even Jan admits that she was partly to blame because she A: pushed him and B: didn't take his mental problems that seriously.

And yeah, you know something is TERRIBLY WRONG when a killer robot is right about superheroes. https://waezi2.tumblr.com/post/161889734771/you-know-something-is-terribly-wrong-when-an-evil

amen to that

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I actually quite like this event, and I also enjoyed how every issue so far incorporated a different section of the new world order.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually quite like this event, and I also enjoyed how every issue so far incorporated a different section of the new world order.

As I said, it's a solid event series. It's just a shame that it's so very flawed.

weavile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the nazi cap story is very interesting, you could see him trully want the world to be a better place. The "heroes" side on the other hand: did cap smack them with his hammer so hard that they lose most of their brain cells?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@weavile: Eh, 90% of the heroes in modern event series are acting kinda stupid... except for Fear Itself.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Leave it to the man who has the audacity to comment on how female superhero costumes used to look like stripper outfits in his comic where a regular wears a skin tight suit with a cleavage that literally reaches all the way to her crotch to fuck up everything he writes at some point.

But I'm glad the guy working for a disney owned corporation at least continues to tell us how big corporations and everyone they work for are pure evil...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Lvenger

So your biggest problem with Secret Empire isn't Hydra Cap, it's Black Widow's Red Room resistance? Interesting.

@waezi2 said:

Also amen to that. Hank/Ultron's speech was so on point it's a wonder Spencer didn't realise he was ripping into his own writing.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: My God, My God, why have you forsaken me. Yep.

I don't mind seeing Cap as the "bad guy" - all of the Avengers have played that role at least once and some multiple times *cough* Tony Stark *Tony Stark*. But a lot of the elements of the story do seem out of place. For instance, why would Pym/Ultron voluntarily give up a piece of a cosmic cube that could recreate reality into anything he wanted? Why is everyone so accepting of an evil organization taking over the world?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind seeing Cap as the "bad guy" - all of the Avengers have played that role at least once and some multiple times *cough* Tony Stark *Tony Stark*. But a lot of the elements of the story do seem out of place. For instance, why would Pym/Ultron voluntarily give up a piece of a cosmic cube that could recreate reality into anything he wanted? Why is everyone so accepting of an evil organization taking over the world?

How come no one starts an revolution against a government that allowed a guy who lost with 3 million votes to become the president due to a technicality?

I haven't read Spencer's Steve Rogers series, but as far as I understand, he build it up that people are scared and just want something super American to protect them. Also, everyone trusts Cap. Even when he was wrong. And BOY OH BOY has he been wrong in the past.

@lvenger said:

So your biggest problem with Secret Empire isn't Hydra Cap, it's Black Widow's Red Room resistance? Interesting.

@waezi2 said:

Also amen to that. Hank/Ultron's speech was so on point it's a wonder Spencer didn't realise he was ripping into his own writing.

Oh, I DO have a problem with that. But as I said, if I put aside my opinions about turning Cap into a Hydra agent and just look at the event for what it is, then my biggest problem would be BW making a group named after a inhumane training facility that turned innocent girls into killer machines. AND that she recruited a bunch of teen heroes INCLUDING Nadia who is pretty damn proud of herself for getting out of the Red Room's "Science Class." It's in bad taste.

And yeah, Spencer either tried to be ironic or didn't realize that he is part of the problem.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Also, joking about Tony being an alcoholic? Not cool.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@waezi2: Ah good so you're not devoid of good sense on Hydra Cap's characterisation lol. Yeah your points on Black Widow recreating the Red Room with a group of teen heroes, including one who had been imprisoned by the Red Room before is very dodgy writing. I suspect Spencer is in the latter category, for all his complaints about the problems with superhero comics, he's causing some of them himself.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By waezi2
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Honestly I don't even count Hydra as Nazis. It's not like they ever go out of their way for racial cleansing in particular, really just your standard "take over the world" stuff (and I don't care what black-and-white bullshit excuse for logic the "Agents of SHIELD" show throws at you)

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:
@just_sayin said:

How come no one starts an revolution against a government that allowed a guy who lost with 3 million votes to become the president due to a technicality?

I haven't read Spencer's Steve Rogers series, but as far as I understand, he build it up that people are scared and just want something super American to protect them. Also, everyone trusts Cap. Even when he was wrong. And BOY OH BOY has he been wrong in the past.

@lvenger said:

@waezi2 said:

Oh, I DO have a problem with that. But as I said, if I put aside my opinions about turning Cap into a Hydra agent and just look at the event for what it is, then my biggest problem would be BW making a group named after a inhumane training facility that turned innocent girls into killer machines. AND that she recruited a bunch of teen heroes INCLUDING Nadia who is pretty damn proud of herself for getting out of the Red Room's "Science Class." It's in bad taste.

And yeah, Spencer either tried to be ironic or didn't realize that he is part of the problem.

Hate to be that guy but the electoral college has always been a thing and it isn't a bad system either unless you believe the majority should always lord over the minority. Besides, democrats should be more pissed that their party literally cheated them out of their preferred candidate (Sanders) and stuck ya’ll with Clinton. Leadership doesn’t care about their base in either major party. The Libertarians are even more cut-throat oddly enough. Still I digress, your other comic-related points are great and pretty hilarious.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: That looks more like a Pepe the Frog situation where neo-nazis just use whatever character is currently popular than any reference to what Spencer is doing. I actually checked the Stormfront site to see what actual neo-nazis think of this whole thing and most of them were either horrified at being equated with suicide bombers or thought Marvel was using them for publicity and expected it to be retconned later.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

did she name them the red room, or did she say she was going to give them red room training. That's how I remember it.

Also seem to remember that it was miles that went to meet her because of the vision of him killing cap, the others joined him because they didn't want to leave him or something. And the kids don't want to kill, they've been fighting and arguing with Blackwidow about it in every issue of Secret Empire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@waezi2: Of course.

Wait a minute... Spencer DID once write Secret Avengers! Why didn't HE think of that?

did she name them the red room, or did she say she was going to give them red room training. That's how I remember it.

Also seem to remember that it was miles that went to meet her because of the vision of him killing cap, the others joined him because they didn't want to leave him or something. And the kids don't want to kill, they've been fighting and arguing with Blackwidow about it in every issue of Secret Empire

Na, she told them that they are now in the Red Room and even once said that "in the Red Room, we don't question our superiors". And she gives them orders. And she could have told them to take a hike because that's what a responsible adult does: tell youngsters that they can't join you on your assassination missions. I'm an responsible adult, and I do that all the time... kinda.

Also, the kids don't have to argue with her, they can just stop her. Widow has no powers and they outnumber her. Being a badass normal only gets you so far. They chose to follow her and allow her to make the rules. AND they watched her kill a man after torturing him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:
@just_sayin said:

@lvenger said:

@waezi2 said:

Hate to be that guy but the electoral college has always been a thing and it isn't a bad system either unless you believe the majority should always lord over the minority. Besides, democrats should be more pissed that their party literally cheated them out of their preferred candidate (Sanders) and stuck ya’ll with Clinton. Leadership doesn’t care about their base in either major party. The Libertarians are even more cut-throat oddly enough. Still I digress, your other comic-related points are great and pretty hilarious.

Why shouldn't the majority lord over? That's the basic premise of democracy. Is it perfect? No, but it's much better than the alternative that is that the minority rules over majority. And just because something has "always been a thing" is not the same as saying that it SHOULD be a thing.

Loading Video...