Screen junkies got a physicist to compare WDC Superman & Wonder Woman against MCU Captain Marvel & Thor

webinyoureye11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thoughts?

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bayman007  Online

What a load of rubbish XD

barretstrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos has punch with the force of 2 nukes.

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

11/10

WakeUpSid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shows how proper physics have no actual place in Comic Vine . Thor’s onscreen energy feat is 1,000,000 more impressive than Superman’s according to this video. If we use thermal energy as a benchmark ( it’s the energy , not the temperature , that matters ) , we would get this result.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, no

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor's top speed is marked at 575mph, ignoring Ragnarok where he makes a mach cone

Don't give a sh*t about travel, so ehh

They use Wonder Woman absorbing heat vision and not Ares' lightning

Captain Marvel gets her FTL speed counted as durability lmao

LMAO Superman gets his bullrush punches counted as strength and Thor and Carol are calced as Spider-Man and peak human level respectively. Poor WW only gets her tank feat

Just goes to show how directing style influences perception

eri123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the hell?

webinyoureye11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
FinalKingThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They haven't even used some of their best feats lol load of nonsense.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it was pretty cool. Honestly I trust this video more than most fan calcs I see on comicvine. Obviously I wouldn't use it because traveling faster than light doesn't mean you have infinite durability in comics (or CBM's).

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All though I do have to say this does kind of highlight how weak CBM heroes really are. I feel like any comic power house worth there salt could shatter Halley's comet.

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Do you think Thor would be able to do it with a couple lightning strikes?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Do you think Thor would be able to do it with a couple lightning strikes?

616 Thor or MCU Thor? I feel like 616 Thor would do it easily. I imagine MCU Thor could do it in a couple of strikes at least.

SpongeGar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

I think it was pretty cool. Honestly I trust this video more than most fan calcs I see on comicvine. Obviously I wouldn't use it because traveling faster than light doesn't mean you have infinite durability in comics (or CBM's).

You trust the 573mph speed estimates for Thor? I'm sure the fancalcs are way superior in that regard. Or just looking on screen.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can someone do a tldw?

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: MCU of course. I think he could atleast crack it into smaller pieces with his Sokovia feat and lightning amp

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

You trust the 573mph speed estimates for Thor? I'm sure the fancalcs are way superior in that regard. Or just looking on screen.

There are better feats to use. Like Mjolnir circling the globe IIRC.

Avatar image for undeckedlion395
Undeckedlion395

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most durable character is the rope.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Thanos 60k ton Tesseract analysis is infinitely more valid than this.

Juicers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Juicers  Online

5:11

didn't finish that troll video

_Logos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Films and comics just simply do not provide you with enough variables to make a reasonable calculation for a character's power simply because films don't pay attention to those sorts of things and use actions to define power not measurements. You can take all kinds of measurements, but when you get insane numbers you shouldn't expect them to be representative of how powerful that character is meant to be.

WakeUpSid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This video has multiple flaws :-

1) They ignored BVS Superman shifting a tectonic plate , Thor destroying Sokovia , Superman being capable of taking energy capable of terraforming the surface of a planet , Wondie being able to cut through Doomsday , etc.

2) Special relativity cannot be applied to speeds greater than the speed of light . In the real world , no particle is capable of achieving the speed of light , let alone surpassing it . Nobody knows how the mass would vary or the universe would function at such speeds . In fact , according to the equation relating mass to velocity , the mass would become negative at FTL speeds .

3) Thor was also launched at FTL speeds when he was thrown out by Hela in the bifrost. According to this , he would have had to have infinite durability as well .

4) Thor launched Hulk through 300 ft of alien metal during the Battle of Sakaar , Wondie created a shockwave when she head butted Supes ( which requires 2000 tons of force ) , and Captain Marvel was able to stagger and harm Thanos who took energy capable of lighting up a continent . Thor also broke through the chains on Muspelheim .

5) Thor created a Mach cone when he was escaping Surtur’s layer . Also , Mjolnir travelled from far above the exosphere to London in 20 seconds ( that is 1000 km ) .

6) Supes is also confirmed to be comparable to Flash who can run at the speed of light . I guess he has infinite durability as well .

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
FinalKingThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_logos_ said:

Films and comics just simply do not provide you with enough variables to make a reasonable calculation for a character's power simply because films don't pay attention to those sorts of things and use actions to define power not measurements. You can take all kinds of measurements, but when you get insane numbers you shouldn't expect them to be representative of how powerful that character is meant to be.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32  Edited By Stahlflamme

Oh, please the outcome is whatever you want and where you put your focus. If you scale from Thors Starforge scene over Loki to Cap, to Batroc, Batroc can probably still be continental. If you scale everything from Captain Marvel kicking that big skrull in the crotch then to a skrulls, than to kree, than to people DCEU Batman probably has a shot at winning. Same with speed. Wonder Woman blocks a series of bullets in the same scene where a no name terrorist hits her with rifle butt. Depending on where you put your focus you can place her in speed comparisions wherever you want.

I love this kind of shit but the of desperation and smugness reeking stock that far too many users and mostly battle forum nerds on this site and others put into it just takes all the fun out of it... kinda like they take the fun out of the battle forum itself...

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ANTHP2000  Online

Yeah, I also remember someone got a physicist to establish Thanos is a multigazillion tonner for shattering a cube.

WakeUpSid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: He did when escaping from Surtur’s dragon . Look closely at the tip of Mjolnir .

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucebanner89: @wakeupsid:

And I've explained multiple times that is not what a mach cone looks like. Mach cones don't form at the tip of the objects. They appear around the middle. And they're pretty intense.

This is what a mach cone looks like -

No Caption Provided

Thor's "mach cone" looked like this -

No Caption Provided

It looks NOTHING like a mach cone. All we gather from this is that Thor even when straining as hard as he can isn't able break the sound barrier.

Another thing which I should specify before people ask me because they always do. Superman's mach cones look like this -

No Caption Provided

Exactly like a mach cone

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucebanner89: @wakeupsid:

And I should clarify I'm not talking about Mjolnir independently. I'm only talking about Thor with Mjolnir.

Mjolnir independently is insanely fast.