#1 Edited by hyperfinn (2366 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a big thing that is wrong with Guinness World Records, they count Scooby Doo as a single long running show with 400 episodes, Scooby Doo has too many unrelated separate cartoon spin-off's that are way to different and are not the same cartoons.

True long running single shows are The Simpsons and Bonanza.

#2 Edited by Amonfire1776 (3174 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah...by the Scooby Doo standard Tom and Jerry has it beat by miles...

#3 Posted by camilopezo (2082 posts) - - Show Bio

I think scooby was chosen for being the franchise that constantly brings new content.

Tom and Jerry usually have many stoppages

#4 Edited by hyperfinn (2366 posts) - - Show Bio

@camilopezo said:

I think scooby was chosen for being the franchise that constantly brings new content.

Tom and Jerry usually have many stoppages

It is a franchise but saying its a single cartoon that ran for 400 episodes makes no sense at all.

Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!, Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, What's New, Scooby-Doo? and Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue!, those should not be counted as one show.

#5 Posted by Marvelx13 (359 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperfinn: Can't sleep well at night? It's just a children's show and a stupid book.

#6 Edited by huthimamwa (2590 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it should be counted. Though technically new shows, they appear to loosely share the same continuity (but on a sliding time-scale similar to Simpsons and Marvel comics). Renaming the show every several years doesn't necessarily make it a different show entirely. Aqua Teen Hunger Force went through several name changes toward the end of it's run. Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Aqua Unit Patrol Squad, Aqua Something You Know Whatever, and Aqua TV Show Show. They are all considered the same show. All the Power Rangers shows are different titled shows staring different characters/actors with a similar yet different plot. But They're still considered the same show 25 years later.

Same characters. Same plot. They're the same show despite the title changing.

#7 Posted by hyperfinn (2366 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it should be counted. Though technically new shows, they appear to loosely share the same continuity (but on a sliding time-scale similar to Simpsons and Marvel comics). Renaming the show every several years doesn't necessarily make it a different show entirely. Aqua Teen Hunger Force went through several name changes toward the end of it's run. Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Aqua Unit Patrol Squad, Aqua Something You Know Whatever, and Aqua TV Show Show. They are all considered the same show. All the Power Rangers shows are different titled shows staring different characters/actors with a similar yet different plot. But They're still considered the same show 25 years later.

Same characters. Same plot. They're the same show despite the title changing.

All those scooby doo cartoons are all unrelated separate shows and always have been. it makes no sense to count them as a single long running show with 400 episodes. Thats the biggest flaw ever from Guinness World Records.

#8 Edited by PenguinDust (9350 posts) - - Show Bio

Scooby Doo began in the late 1960's and they're still making new shows. I think that's what they're talking about, not episode count. If they were there are 876 episodes of One Piece, 934 episodes of Detective Conan and over 1787 episodes of Doraemon. Scooby Doo Where Are You? began in September of 1969, so it's older even though it has fewer episodes than the others including the Simpsons which is at 662 .

I found this on a forum page from 2016:

• 22 min x 25 Where Are You episodes = 550 minutes
  • 43 min x 24 New Scooby-Doo Movies episodes = 1032 minutes
  • 25 min x 40 Scooby-Doo Show episodes = 1000 minutes
  • 23 min x 24 Scooby's All Star Laff-a-Lympics episodes = 552 minutes
  • 22 min x 16 The Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo Show = 352 minutes
  • 7 min x 99 Scrappy-Doo shorts = 693 minutes
  • 22 min x 26 11-min Scrappy episodes (New Scooby-Doo Mysteries / New Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo Show) = 572 minutes
  • 22 min x 13 Thirteen Ghosts episodes = 286 minutes
  • 22 min x 27 Pup Named Scooby-Doo episodes = 594 minutes
  • 22 min x 42 What's New Scooby-Doo episodes = 924 minutes
  • 22 min x 26 Get A Clue episodes = 572 minutes
  • 23 min x 52 SD Mystery Inc. episodes = 1196 minutes
  • 22 min x 21 Be Cool episodes = 462 minutes

It's not up to date, but you get the idea...

#9 Edited by hyperfinn (2366 posts) - - Show Bio

@Penguin-Dust said:

Scooby Doo began in the late 1960's and they're still making new shows. I think that's what they're talking about, not episode count. If they were there are 876 episodes of One Piece, 934 episodes of Detective Conan and over 1787 episodes of Doraemon. Scooby Doo Where Are You? began in September of 1969, so it's older even though it has fewer episodes than the others including the Simpsons which is at 662 .

I found this on a forum page from 2016:

• 22 min x 25 Where Are You episodes = 550 minutes
  • 43 min x 24 New Scooby-Doo Movies episodes = 1032 minutes
  • 25 min x 40 Scooby-Doo Show episodes = 1000 minutes
  • 23 min x 24 Scooby's All Star Laff-a-Lympics episodes = 552 minutes
  • 22 min x 16 The Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo Show = 352 minutes
  • 7 min x 99 Scrappy-Doo shorts = 693 minutes
  • 22 min x 26 11-min Scrappy episodes (New Scooby-Doo Mysteries / New Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo Show) = 572 minutes
  • 22 min x 13 Thirteen Ghosts episodes = 286 minutes
  • 22 min x 27 Pup Named Scooby-Doo episodes = 594 minutes
  • 22 min x 42 What's New Scooby-Doo episodes = 924 minutes
  • 22 min x 26 Get A Clue episodes = 572 minutes
  • 23 min x 52 SD Mystery Inc. episodes = 1196 minutes
  • 22 min x 21 Be Cool episodes = 462 minutes

It's not up to date, but you get the idea...

So you mean as a franchise with many cartoons and not by episode count.

#10 Posted by PenguinDust (9350 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Wilkiins17 (510 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelx13: your on a comic book site where people debate between who would win between spiderman vs batman and superman vs hulk vs goku

#12 Posted by Fabricolage (2016 posts) - - Show Bio

At least its entertaining from the different and evolving variations.

#13 Posted by huthimamwa (2590 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperfinn: I disagree. They're continuations of the same show in the same way each new Power Rangers show counts as the same show as the previous one even though its technically a different show. Nitpicking that the title and animation has changed so it shouldn't count is just being spiteful. Same plot and characters following the same loose continuity. Why wouldn't they be counted?