Sciomancy?

Metal Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Metal Head

I would've put this under Bugs, except, well it's not a bug. More of a question or request/suggestion.

I was just looking at the POWERS section and unless I'm just blind (cue the DD joke...), I don't see anywhere that specifically spells out what each power is. Sure, marksmanship or agility is fairly obvious. But what the heck is "Sciomancy"? When you're ranking characters in battle based on powers, it'd be a big help if there was a short (1 sentence) description of that power on the page.

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

We've got alot of un-official powers in the drop down. Under the powers tab only the 'official' powers are listed and some have descriptions, but most are obvious enough not to need one yet. Offical meaning Capt Cascader, G-Man and I have approved them and then made a icon for them.

I actually removed the "Add a Power" field from the character form because we were getting so many obscure powers. I bet we'll even prune some of those powers in the near future.

Metal Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Metal Head

Like I said... unless I'm blind. Sigh. Sorry about that. Should've realized if they're not listed in the Power Strip along the left side with an icon, then they're prob unofficial. But yeah, probably a good idea to weed some out and not let other users vote/rank characters based on unofficial powers.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

I actually added that one for Hellstorm, it means communicating with the ghosts or the dead. No problem if it gets taken out.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#5  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Wouldn't that fall more under necromancy?

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

:[ I guess it would. Woops. Sciomancy just sounded so cool I felt compelled to add it.

Metal Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Metal Head

Look at that, I learned something new today! They should make one of those "Word of the Day" calendars for comic geeks. :)

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#8  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Why do a ton a people have sciomancy for no reason? Fuckwit? Hulk? Namor? Superman? Did someone go around adding it for some reason?

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

Buckshot says:

"Why do a ton a people have sciomancy for no reason? Fuckwit? Hulk? Namor? Superman? Did someone go around adding it for some reason?"

I'm gonna delete these tomorrow.