Sandman Is Coming To Netflix Which Means..

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Sandman is apparently going to Netflix and it will be reportedly the most expensive TV Show Netflix has ever made. Considering how good Shows Like The Crown, And Altered Carbon look Sandman could be a great show.

This also signals that DCTV streaming service is pretty much a dead man walking. I mean why would you ship a possible flagship TV Show to another Streaming Service?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sandman-tv-series-neil-gaiman-david-goyer-a-go-at-netflix-1220761

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 morpheus_  Moderator

Showrunner and execute producer don't give me confidence. If this ends up like Lucifer, I'd rather it doesn't get made altogether. Gaiman's involvement is promising, even though I question the level of influence he might be able to exert.

So I'd rather not get excited at all before seeing what direction they will choose for this.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: Well I assume this is why Netflix is going to only make 1 more season of Lucifer despite it being their most streamed show currently. So I’m thinking they wouldn’t go to all this trouble just to water it down.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ooooh. Man I hope this turns good

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 the_stegman  Moderator

Surprised it didn't go to HBO

Avatar image for deactivated-5d59ee082aecf
deactivated-5d59ee082aecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is legit I'm pumped for it hopefully they do well on it

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm definitely excited. If this ends up even half as good as Amazon's Good Omens, then it'll be great.

As for why they're doing it on Netflix instead of DCU, I think that's most likely due to how expensive this is going to be. If they're going to be spending so much money, they probably want to play it safe and put it on a major platform where it can draw a large worldwide viewership, as opposed to a small platform that's only available in one country and isn't even very popular there.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Looking forward to it

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Showrunner and execute producer don't give me confidence. If this ends up like Lucifer, I'd rather it doesn't get made altogether. Gaiman's involvement is promising, even though I question the level of influence he might be able to exert.

So I'd rather not get excited at all before seeing what direction they will choose for this.

my thoughts exactly

to be honest, I don’t think that it can be done justice

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By Mrnoital

Sandman is apparently going to Netflix and it will be reportedly the most expensive TV Show Netflix has ever made.

I mean why would you ship a possible flagship TV Show to another Streaming Service?

I feel like you answered your own question right there

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Guess that's it for the DC Universe. Anyway, doubt it is going to be like Lucifer. Less restrictions in Netflix.

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time warner is launching a streaming service soon and DCTV will be within that personally, DCTV was a failure from the start because it was region restricted. That was such a stupid decision.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This also signals that DCTV streaming service is pretty much a dead man walking. I mean why would you ship a possible flagship TV Show to another Streaming Service?

Maybe so WB doesn't have to spend their own money to make Sandman but instead rake in the profit?

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to it

Same here. Sandman is easily one of my favorite series of all time.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

God, I hope they do it justice...

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It better be good...

No Caption Provided

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorb777: Mhhh. Ehhh nah homie it doesn’t look right to be launching a Comicbook Streaming Service to let a potential hit show walk over to the main competition. I mean at the very least you think they would take it to HBO. DC Universe is a dead duck.

I’m gonna assume they are gonna keep comic stuff going by breaking it down into a separate subscription and put the shows on Netflix in America since outside the US they are already on Netflix.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Flint Marko?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of strange. Isn't Warnermedia about to make their own streaming service? Also as HBO looks for a replacement for GoT, such an asset seems like a perfect idea.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is he coming to Netflix when we already had him in Spider-Man 3?

super troopers smh GIF by Fox Searchlight

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm definitely excited. If this ends up even half as good as Amazon's Good Omens, then it'll be great.

As for why they're doing it on Netflix instead of DCU, I think that's most likely due to how expensive this is going to be. If they're going to be spending so much money, they probably want to play it safe and put it on a major platform where it can draw a large worldwide viewership, as opposed to a small platform that's only available in one country and isn't even very popular there.

After Good Omens I trust Gaiman's involvement in Live Action, I also agree with your reason as to why it's on Netflix.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This could be cool since Netflix has done good semi-horror with Stranger Things and the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. I know I am in the minority, but I would have preferred a noir-inspired 1940’s mystery thriller starring Wesley Dodds, the original Sandman. Of course, Dream and Dodds have met in the past, so a cameo is possible.