Samurai 8 -- The terrifying power of Ata!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ede7a8106dc9
deactivated-5ede7a8106dc9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Adi_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Adi_Frost

@westwood_trevor: Ata did all his moon feats without using a soul sword, so Garuda fighting Ata with a soul sword should scale to him being at the very least a person who can contend with the moon feat.

Not to mention Hachimaru was mid-flight coming back to Daruma when Ata hit the moon, that means Ata went through the moon, defeated Mujun, came to earth, sensed Hachimaru, in the time it took hachimaru to get back to daruma.

Something more interesting is that, Ata covered the diameter of the entire moon while the explosion of him crashing on the moon was still there.

Avatar image for westwood_trevor
Westwood_Trevor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adi_frost:

Ata did all his moon feats without using a soul sword, so Garuda fighting Ata with a soul sword should scale to him being at the very least a person who can contend with the moon feat.

That's right.
Blocking and reacting Incarnate Ata's frontal assault, the same Ata who has effortlesly bullrushed through the moon by just landing on it, is an impressive feat for Garuda Mujin. . . let alone that Ata used 2 swords against him.
We have to give some credits to Mujin.

Something more interesting is that, Ata covered the diameter of the entire moon while the explosion of him crashing on the moon was still there.

Another good feat, indeed.

keiser994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By keiser994

Seems like the stuff Ata casually did is not even impressive in the Samurai 8 verse. Look at Mujin's bodyguards...they watched him bull rishing Muun and one of them tried to go against him alone.

Then Ata off-panel murderstomped everybody in a minute, with his real power probably.

I think there will be incredible characters in the future. Incarnate Body Ata is just the small top of the iceberg.

keiser994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait...if Ata has actually cut in half Muun or even better destroyed it into a meteor rain. This gives him an insane range! Like continental range by just swinging his blade.

SPsamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll be interesting to see how Daruma takes on Ata.

Adi_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And I'm gonna leave this here:

No Caption Provided

Shit. I didn't even realise that. Just like how Mujin's holder was upholding an entire huge castle on it and how the holder itself was really huge, the castle from Ata's planet is also being upholded by Ata's huge holder. That means the dragon holder we saw in that chapter besides Ata was just a smaller manifestation of it. My god, this guy's true power is gonna be off the charts.

Westwood_Trevor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adi_frost: Ahaha, yup. Ata is gonna be a real monster, especially 'cause his Incarnate Body alone is literally toyin' with asteroids, Muun and even the Stellar Commander of Hachi's Planet.

Let's wait and see what is gonna do when his Mukiri will be "activated".

Westwood_Trevor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

News from chapter 11:

No Caption Provided

• Ata was Daruma's best pupil. . . now a former Samurai of the Ususama-Style School, rival of the Kongo-Yasha Style and already mentioned by Captain Hagamichi.
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

• Ata (Incarnate Ata) is also able to slow down the impressive Samurai-regeneration thanks to a Kongo-Yasha Style attack called "Hidden Blade Cut":

No Caption Provided

^ This happened in the last pages of chapter 10, when Daruma reacted and blocked Ata's attack.

• Tanked and survived a Soul Eraser Device of this level, created and completed by Furuta in order to kill Ata:

No Caption Provided

--->There are a lot of other things to say:

- Sword-Telekinesis

- The way to overcome Samurai's Immortality

- The plan of the Ususama Style and why they are looking for Hachimaru

. . . but my time is over. I'll continue ASAP.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3b5ee4922c4
deactivated-5d3b5ee4922c4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

50% impressive 70% not impressive (also not scary)

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adi_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westwood_trevor: I never thought Ata is his student but now it makes sense considering he used the time-slash in the previous chapter.
I think they Daruma will defeat Ata before he regenerates himself and then we will suddenly see the moon getting cut or crumbled and it starts falling on earth. That's my prediction

keiser994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westwood_trevor: Ata is a real monster. He's toying with everyone!

Also damn, he survived that level of Soul Destruction! And he is regenerating too.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westwood_trevor: I never thought Ata is his student but now it makes sense considering he used the time-slash in the previous chapter.

I think they Daruma will defeat Ata before he regenerates himself and then we will suddenly see the moon getting cut or crumbled and it starts falling on earth. That's my prediction

Ata also said that the Bloodsucker belonged to the Usu whatever school that I cannot pronounce and as such, he would take it. It highly implied that Ata defected from Yasha school to their rival school. Quite possibly Ata is a master of two styles.

Not to mention, Daruma called Ata, the Unrivaled. That seems like high praise. The most interesting part of this chapter was, Ata commenting how Hachimaru was nearly identical to the other seven. So possible, the eight keys are octuplets.

keiser994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wot_m8: I thought the title of "Immortal" was definitely OP...too bad for Mujin...he fought against the one called "The Unrivaled".

Even if i doubt that Mujin is really dead. Someone will have to stop Muun.

Adi_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wot_m8 said:
@adi_frost said:

Ata also said that the Bloodsucker belonged to the Usu whatever school that I cannot pronounce and as such, he would take it. It highly implied that Ata defected from Yasha school to their rival school. Quite possibly Ata is a master of two styles.

Not to mention, Daruma called Ata, the Unrivaled. That seems like high praise. The most interesting part of this chapter was, Ata commenting how Hachimaru was nearly identical to the other seven. So possible, the eight keys are octuplets.

Yeah. I noticed that too. It definitely seems like all the keys might be related somehow. Octuplets or maybe some kind of clones or something.

Westwood_Trevor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wot_m8 said:

@westwood_trevor: After this chapter, I can definitely see Ata as an Anti-hero.

It seems pretty sadistic, IMO.

• What happened to Princess Baku?

• Was her Daruma's Princess?

• . . . And why Ata, The Unrivaled, joined with the Ususama Style School?

I think Hachi and his crew will be saved by Incarnate Ata's time limit. Dr. Furuta gained a lil bit of time thanks to his Soul Eraser Device.
Let's wait and see if Ata will be able to fully regenerate before someone can even take away Takatsuna' Soul.

@westwood_trevor: Ata is a real monster. He's toying with everyone!

Also damn, he survived that level of Soul Destruction! And he is regenerating too.

Yup, that's pretty impressive. . . especially his Anti-Healing/Regener. attack.

The problem is that, besides "The Destroyer", there's another threat for the whole Galaxy.

What the Ususama School is trying to create and what's the meaning of their plan? "Return this shabby Galaxy to its original state".

Westwood_Trevor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Westwood_Trevor

The Terrifying Power of. . . Daruma! --- *SPOILER*

Kongo-Yasha Style: Star/Planet Breaker
Kongo-Yasha Style: Star/Planet Breaker

• Oh damn. . . what a Sir of a Chapter. . . shame on those poor souls who said that Daruma(The Star Breaker Dog Samurai, The Lone Wolf of Sasurai, The Slayer of a Thousand) was too nerfed, 'cause this chapter goes to him.

---> That's right 'cause after having reached the 60% of his regeneration Daruma was finally able to move again and face Incarnate Ata.

No Caption Provided

---> Till our Master drops out the Takoyaki's box that Hachi and Ann previously buyed for 'em. . . and then he takes a toothpick.

No Caption Provided

• At first Ata thought that his old Master tried to fight him with that toothpick. . . however, the reason why Daruma decided to use a toothpick is soon explained:

No Caption Provided

• In order to not destroy the whole planet Daruma chose to use a simple toothpick.
    The result is:

Kongo-Yasha Style: Star/Planet Breaker - wait till the official Viz/MangaPlus translation
Kongo-Yasha Style: Star/Planet Breaker - wait till the official Viz/MangaPlus translation

Kongo-Yasha Style: Star/Planet Breaker - DC and AoE

---> The Star/Planet Breaker is stated to be an "Atmospheric Sword". . . an immense Tornado-Blade.

• Extremelly fast --- Daruma created that thing in an instant
  • (at first)enough large to dwarf multiple mountain-ranges:

No Caption Provided

• However the size of this Atmospheric Sword is so huge that can be seen from the space, causing large country shockwaves:

No Caption Provided

• But he actual DC is far more impressive!
No Caption Provided

• The attack sliced the ground for hundreds of miles in lenght (at least), since it reaches the horizon, from that point of view, . . . and God only knows how deep it is.
    The mountain-ranges are ants in comparison to it.

Daruma' Speed is no jokes:

---> Yup, Daruma can fly, too, just like I.C. Ata. He was fast enough to easily reach his pupil:

No Caption Provided

Hachimaru --- Long Road Ahead

---> (at first) even after having reached the complete form of his Soul Blade. . . Hachimaru wasn't even able to put a single scratch on I.C. Ata's neck.

The same Hachimaru who was able to one-shot cut in half a futuristic Armored Tank (Butank #2) with a simple metal blade. . . and cut in half a Gatekeeper Holder's arm (far harder than Butank #2):

No Caption Provided

. . . However. . .

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The Pandora's Boxes?

---> That's right. Ata said "Boxes". . . this means there are more than just 1 Pandora's Box?

No Caption Provided

---> He means this Sphere-like Box or. . . ?

No Caption Provided

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westwood_trevor: Also, Hachimaru who can cut steel tanks with a regular sword was not even able to scratch a weakened Ata's throat with his soul sword. A durability feat.

Westwood_Trevor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wot_m8 said:

@westwood_trevor: Also, Hachimaru who can cut steel tanks with a regular sword was not even able to scratch a weakened Ata's throat with his soul sword. A durability feat.

Yup, I stated that feat.

Also this chapter confirms that Ususama and Ata =/= The Destroyer

Can't wait to learn something more about this creature that can erase the whole Galaxy.

keiser994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This chapter was fire! I can't wait to read the officials!

Lol, just yesterday my friend said Daruma was too much nerfed...and now he pulled a country buster slash with a toothpick! Crazy!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0874809400
deactivated-5ea0874809400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wot_m8: @westwood_trevor:

I should point out it seems like they are going to be ranking their attacks based on potency.

Ata called Daruma’s attack a “Star Breaker” as if it were in a category. Not to mention they refer to planets as stars for some reason in this verse.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crater_maker: I noticed that. Ata called it "A star Breaker" just like "An S-rank" from Naruto. I am just waiting for the official to confirm it.

Westwood_Trevor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wot_m8@adamantine@spsamurai@crater_maker@ovy7@keiser994@adi_frost@retrometro@kalebsmarty156@topazzz

The official MangaPlus & Viz versions are finally out --->https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1003704

CONFIRMED:

• The correct name of the Star Breaker Kongo-Yasha Style attack is Atmos Fangs a.k.a Atmospheric Fangs

• Confirmed Star Breaker not Planet Breaker

• However Daruma correctly stated that he not aimed for the planet.

• Ata states Boxes, not Box. . . this means that there are several Pandora's Boxes in the universe. Prolly the other one is the Sphere that could be seen in the first pages of Chapter 1.

• Missed Important Feat ---> Samurai can actually live without their souls. Strange that I missed this part, shame on me!
Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Westwood_Trevor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wot_m8 said:

@westwood_trevor: Makes sense. Goes along with Daruma's star breaker theme

Definitely. Daruma's nickname The Star Breaker Samurai seems even more confirmed now. . . we'll see!

Prime Daruma was a real beast, but even now he can pull out such incredible feats.

TOPAZZZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westwood_trevor: yeah samurai’s have a weird physiology. I remember in the recent chapter about Ata saying that they don’t die from blood loss, but if they don’t have enough courage or something like that. i can’t remember

Westwood_Trevor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@topazzz: Really curious about what level their regeneration can reach. I won't be surprised if, in the future, we'll see someone that can regenerate from nothingness.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Wot_m8

@topazzz: It's more about that they are blessed by Acala or Fudo-myo. Their power comes from the locker balls left behind by him, their god.

So, technically, their power comes from him. And courage is his selecting criteria. So, if you lose your "courage" he forsakes you and retakes his blessing, causing you to disintegrate.

Hachimaru nearly did, his face had already disintegrated in half until his Dad gave him a pep talk.

Adi_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wot_m8@adamantine@spsamurai@crater_maker@ovy7@keiser994@adi_frost@retrometro@kalebsmarty156@topazzz

The official MangaPlus & Viz versions are finally out --->https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1003704

CONFIRMED:

• The correct name of the Star Breaker Kongo-Yasha Style attack is Atmos Fangs a.k.a Atmospheric Fangs
  • Confirmed Star Breaker not Planet Breaker
  • However Daruma correctly stated that he not aimed for the planet.
  • Ata states Boxes, not Box. . . this means that there are several Pandora's Boxes in the universe. Prolly the other one is the Sphere that could be seen in the first pages of Chapter 1.
  • Missed Important Feat ---> Samurai can actually live without their souls. Strange that I missed this part, shame on me!

That's great. But now we gotta wait 2 more weeks for the next chapter.

Also, this was the end of the prologue. I would say the prologue was pretty good and I am excited for the start of the journey.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westwood_trevor: @adi_frost: You know one thing I found funny is that not a lot of people acknowledge the fact that Hachimaru is a genius.

A literal genius. Created his own AI, Hayataro at the age of like 8.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wot_m8:

Kind of turning into a prodigy as well. Lasted longer than the Guardian Samurai of the Star.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crater_maker: That is kinda hard to say since Muujin got off panel lol but Ata did praise him and say that Hachi had more guts than him.

So, that is something.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westwood_trevor: You missed one thing, Ata says to Daruma, "You used to be hard on your pupils."

Keyword: Pupils.

Meaning, Hachimaru possibly has more Senpai out in space.

Adi_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wot_m8 said:

@westwood_trevor: @adi_frost: You know one thing I found funny is that not a lot of people acknowledge the fact that Hachimaru is a genius.

I didn't even realise this. I thought both were made by his father. If he made them, then he is in fact a genius. Wow

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Wot_m8

@adi_frost said:
@wot_m8 said:

I didn't even realise this. I thought both were made by his father. If he made them, then he is in fact a genius. Wow

From the very first chapter. There is one more, where Hachimaru's dad gets him a holder and Hachimaru goes, "I don't want this crap! I'll make my own."

Lemme see if I can find that one too.

Edit: Can't find the other one, or maybe I just imagined it but regardless, this should be proof enough.

Edit 2: Nope, found it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wot_m8:

True. I could have been that Ata was speaking to him from a masters point of view and Hachimaru from a beginners point of you.

Maybe he was saying “you aren’t to bad for a noob”.

However for someone who only fought one fodder tank and who spent their life in his house, he did pretty well against one of the most powerful being in the Galaxy (for now at least).

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crater_maker: Yea, Also Ata did compare him to his seven brothers. Saying his appearance isn't for show so the seven brothers are likely much stronger than Hachimaru for now.

keiser994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

keiser994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adi_frost: People said prologue ends at chapter 16.

Adi_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wot_m8 said:
@adi_frost said:
@wot_m8 said:

From the very first chapter. There is one more, where Hachimaru's dad gets him a holder and Hachimaru goes, "I don't want this crap! I'll make my own."

Lemme see if I can find that one too.

Edit: Can't find the other one, or maybe I just imagined it but regardless, this should be proof enough.

Edit 2: Nope, found it.

I didn't notice any of this. Thanks for the info.

Adi_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adi_frost: People said prologue ends at chapter 16.

Really? I thought chapter 13 was the end. Then I guess idk.

LitGen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the attack uses the atmosphere like I think it does... how does it break stars?

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@litgen: Something something... sci-fi something something... fantasy.

RuthlessKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LitGen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Wot_m8

@litgen: "I always look like a wet cat..."

Those were his exact words in the official translation. He never said I get wet... he only made a comparison.

No Caption Provided

LitGen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wot_m8: I'm aware. I only read the viz translation.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@litgen: And yet you made a wrong statement... ?

GG.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, Ata is a confirmed Planet buster now. Nice.