Samurai 8 -- The terrifying power of Ata!

Avatar image for westwood_trevor
Westwood_Trevor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ata and Princess Niri
Ata and Princess Niri

• In the chapter #7 of Samurai 8 we've met the first real villain of the series. A mysterious Samurai named Ata, who is also feared by Hachi's dad for unknown reasons (their past will probably revealed in the next few chapters).
Ata in Hachimaru's dad flashback
Ata in Hachimaru's dad flashback

• However, in the new chapter (#8 unofficial release) we've learned more about him. . .

No Caption Provided

Seems like Ata and his "group/clan" are really far from Hachimaru's Galactic Quadrant and, in order to reach it quickly, Ata used one of his 5 Soul Spheres in order to create a spiritual copy of himself. . .

No Caption Provided

. . . that was able to reach the outer space in no time, with an incredible speed.

• Interesting how similar the Dragon Castle Holder and the Eagle Castle Holder (mainbase of Mujin-dono and Princess Sa) are.

No Caption Provided

Furthermore both Mujin-dono and Ata have those Soul Spheres around 'em.

Mujin-dono and Princess Sa
Mujin-dono and Princess Sa

Could this mean that they are Leaders of a determined Planet or something?

• Anyway, the most incredible thing about that Spiritual clone of Ata is. . .
No Caption Provided

. . . being able to effortlesly slice asteroids into pieces. This scene was also used to show the difference between Hachi, who was barely able to put a scratch on the corpse of the Gatekeeper HolderThe same Hachimaru who was able to cut in half cannonballs and the Butank (stated to be made with ultra-hard material) with one casual swing of a normal katana.

Hachi barely able to put a scratch on the Gatekeeper Holder's corpse
Hachi barely able to put a scratch on the Gatekeeper Holder's corpse

No Caption Provided

A bright future for the future chars, both villains and heroes, of this amazing series!

Djoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westwood_trevor: At first a though that the spheres were souls from Samurais that he stole but because Mujin have those and apparently he is A “good guy” I think that no, maybe is some kind of power up.

About Ata I think he is a top tier of the Verse that's why he only send one clone and didn't go there personally, I think they are going to save him for later.

Adi_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was Ata's clone. The asteroid is as big as a mountain or at least a a hill and he cut it rather casually. That is seriously impressive.

But I think the most impressive part is that he is travelling across the galaxy and he also travelled into space from the planet instantly.
Anyway, if there is even just a light year distance between Ata's planet and hachimaru's planet, then he is casually MFTL.

keiser994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy crap! Ata is a monster. Being a mountain buster with likely LS speed feats is insane. Also Daruma was called "the Star Breaker Dog Samurai" in the past.

The power level is going to be incredible.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wot_m8

We need a time frame, he may very well be flying at FTL coz he is travelling to a different Quadrant if the Galaxy.

And that huge asteroid is at the very least Mountain sized... the one we see in the close up behind him is just a small chunk by his side.

It's probably bigger. To think he did it casually without his body or holder is just that damn impressive. Power levels are gonna be ridiculous in Samurai 8.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adi_frost: Probably is. Ata commented how he is still in the Cube quadrant/region. So, he is probably travelling to a different quadrant. We need the official Viz translation to be sure.

keiser994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wot_m8: Considering we can't even see Ata's spiritual body but just the light trail...that asteroid can probably be bigger than a mountain. It should not be small than the Dragon Palace at the beginning of the chapter.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wot_m8

@keiser994: Yup. Lol, GG to battle forums once we get some real feats.

Adi_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wot_m8: Yeah. Let's wait and see. Also, This is just a clone. Wow

Westwood_Trevor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djoss said:

@westwood_trevor: At first a though that the spheres were souls from Samurais that he stole but because Mujin have those and apparently he is A “good guy” I think that no, maybe is some kind of power up.

About Ata I think he is a top tier of the Verse that's why he only send one clone and didn't go there personally, I think they are going to save him for later.

Prolly each Soul Sphere wields a certain power.

I agree. They won't face the real Ata anytime soon, I think. He seems on the same tier as Mujin-dono, which means a Leader of his Planet/his "Samurai Empire". Then of course there's also Yasha-sama, Great Master of Daruma and founder of the Vajraksha Style, who could definitely be a step or two above Mujin, Ata and even Prime Daruma (praised by many as "The Star Breaking Dog Samurai"). And after Yasha there's Fudo Myoo and his acolytes, Cetaka and Kimkara (basing on the Buddhist folklore).

In other words I think:

• Ata and Mujin-dono --> High Tier

• Prime Daruma and who was able to defeat him--> Between High and Top Tier

• Yasha-sama --> Top Tier

• Fudo Myoo, Cetaka and Kimkara --> God Tier

• The so called "Destroyer", main threat of the whole 'verse --> prolly above God Tier

Westwood_Trevor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Westwood_Trevor

@adi_frost: @wot_m8: @keiser994

Yup, I really doubt that Spiritual clone Ata is below LS-FTL at this point. Reaching another galactic quadrant is impressive.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westwood_trevor: What kinda hax do you think we'll be getting? We already have a general idea of speed and DC... what about Hax tho? We already have time lag cut...

Lsoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lsoon23

Doesn't surprise me, this is a space orientated series in a similar way that Seiya is so they're bound to have feats on this level as they aren't restricted by being on a single planet for example like in Naruto.

That is a solid FTL feat as well.

Kalebsmarty156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty interesting...I was waiting for something big to happen so i can get into the series.

SPsamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty badass. Hoping to see some OP hax

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh Mother from EZ is the size of the sun and heavily implied to have created the universe

No Caption Provided

keiser994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06: Are you so desperate and biased to drop Mashima junks in a different manga thread? LMAO.

Anyway i'm pretty sure that Fudo Myoo, Destroyer, Yasha and probably even prime Daruma (called the Star Breaker Samurai) woould say "hello" to your mother.

Now if you don't have anything to talk about S8...the door is right there.

Westwood_Trevor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Westwood_Trevor

@wot_m8 said:

@westwood_trevor: What kinda hax do you think we'll be getting? We already have a general idea of speed and DC... what about Hax tho? We already have time lag cut...

As of now it's very hard to say.

As we can see Samurai 8 can benefit from both fantasy-like powers and sci-fi powers. . .

• However there's already a time-related power, SilentCut.

• But also a confirmed high lv. of clairvoyance, since Princess Sa was able to know everything about Hachimaru and Ann from the outer space. . . and even a better one from Niri, who was able to track down Hachi from another Galactic Quadrant.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

• Then we have a statement about the God of War: Fudo Myoo, capaable of granting any wish.
No Caption Provided

• And Daruma. . .

No Caption Provided

@gxrevs06 . . . This is NOT a battle thread. If you have nothing to say about Samurai 8 then, please, spare us the bait-bs attempts.

Kalebsmarty156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's nice to see this series has good feats already, I'm thoroughly enjoying it overall.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're not even 10 chapters in and this dude could slap most of the HST

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@faradaysloth: You're reading Samurai 8? Dunno why but I am surprised.

keiser994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The official scan basically hints that he's been taking it slow. So he's definitely gonna go much faster than light.

Au_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this series worth checking out?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@au_141 said:

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:
@au_141 said:

Definitely imo. Kishi seems to have learnt from rushing Naruto too much. The first 8 chapters so far focus heavily on world building and on our core characters so far. Of course, Kishi is the author so it's also getting a lot of hate and a lot of love that it does not deserve yet. I'd day check it out... if you like Sci-fi+fantasy... it's a mix.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm looks interesting.

Kalebsmarty156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kalebsmarty156

Bump

Westwood_Trevor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

News from chapter 9

No Caption Provided

• Besides the cool cover page featuring Hachi's real colour of his Soul Blade and Ata cutting another asteroid in the background. . .

• The Spiritual clone of Ata has reached the coordinates of Hachimaru (in less than a day) in the Ball Quadrant/Sector. . . I'm not an expert but this could mean that Ata- nope, the Spiritual clone of Ata can reach the MFTL speed, while also cut into fragments asteroids.
No Caption Provided

• Then he created a massively huge crater on the moon by just landing on it. . . with the plan to use it (the moon) in order to erase Hachimaru's planet/star after getting the boy's back.
    Something like what Toneri was doing in The Last maybe?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

• And basing on the size of his "light trail" compared with the moon. . . we can assume that the asteroids Ata has destroyed previously are way bigger than mountains. . .

SPsamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westwood_trevor: I think the light trail looks bigger because he's pushing the moon. When he crashes into the moon his light trail is much smaller.

No Caption Provided

Also what do you make of his 4k meters statement. I don't think it would make sense he's only 4272 meters away from Hachi's planet.

No Caption Provided

Translation error perhaps?

Westwood_Trevor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spsamurai:

I think the light trail looks bigger because he's pushing the moon. When he crashes into the moon his light trail is much smaller.

It could be, but not much smaller considering the next panel. I'll wait the next chapter for further informations.

Also what do you make of his 4k meters statement. I don't think it would make sense he's only 4272 meters away from Hachi's planet.

• I think, with 4K, he meant the overall position, that's why he then asked about the planet and then moon. The location is clearly meant to be the general position of the target. since we are talking interstellar distances here.

• It could also be a mistranslation.
Adi_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Adi_Frost

@westwood_trevor: Well, with all the showings that Ata has, it's kinda getting clear that Hachimaru isn't going to fight him. It's probably going to be Mujin or Daruma or even Hagamichi who might be able to contend but Hachimaru definitely doesn't compare.

Westwood_Trevor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westwood_trevor: Well, with all the showings that Ata has, it's kinda getting clear that Hachimaru isn't going to fight him. It's probably going to be Mujin or Daruma or even Hagamichi who might be able to contend but Hachimaru definitely doesn't compare.

Yup, unless Hachimaru has somekind of concealed power (maybe what Ata is looking for. . . the real "Hachikaku") he's not going to face Spirit. clone Ata.

I'd really like to see Mujin-dono coming and bust away that moon, before it collides to the planet/star. Pretty sure that Princess Sa noticed Ata.

adamantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those cubes in the background are planets right? This feat could be a lot bigger than it seems. I'm loving this manga so far.

adamantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man I read the but from chapter 9 this dude really moving moons. This is going to surpass the HST easily.

Torro6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This series powerlevels are gonna be insane by EOS

Adi_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Adi_Frost

@westwood_trevor: Wait, is he going to push the moon towards earth right now, or he just landed there. Seemed to me that he is going to head towards the planet, take Hachimaru and then use the moon to wipe out the life on that planet. If that's the case, Mujin-dono needs to come right now and try to stop him otherwise Ata will have a fight against Daruma first which will probably lead to Ata's defeat.

Edit: Not to mention, Mujin-dono and princess Sa are somewhere else in space, far from the planet, we don't know how far though but they were close to some other planet.

adamantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adi_frost: A clone of Ata taking on the "Star Breaker" would be a good tease of how strong the top tiers are.

keiser994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This Ata is a monster! Continental buster by just landing on the moon!

Adi_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Adi_Frost

@adamantine: Yeah. Daruma will win but considering this is just a clone of Ata, that will give a good gauge of full powered Ata's strength.

But I think "star breaker" can be taken in 2 ways. In japanese, star and planet have the same word. That's why they call their planet as stars, so it could translate to either "star breaker" or "planet breaker".

Off-Topic - I guess Ata hasn't been used in any vs battle yet right ?

adamantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By adamantine

@adi_frost: That's true but, we should also keep in mind that Daruma might not be at his best either.

Adi_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamantine: True, considering that Daruma doesn't have his true body, neither his key holder nor his princess. All of which are gigantic boosts of strength for a samurai.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamantine: True, considering that Daruma doesn't have his true body, neither his key holder nor his princess. All of which are gigantic boosts of strength for a samurai.

I think Daruma will lose since he doesn't have his real body giving us a tease about his real prime power. Then Mujin will defeat Ata's clone giving us a tease about Ata's real power.

Then later when Daruma has recovered his body is when we will see Ata and Daruma clash at full powa. Seeing the true strength the Star breaker.

keiser994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By keiser994

I think Yasha and Ususama are going to humiliate Ata, Mujin and Prime Daruma. They are the creators of their Samurai Style Schools after all.

And this is just chapter 9. The beginning of S8!

Also soul Ata moon landing feat is both a DC feat and a durability feat.

Adi_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wot_m8: This is possible too. Considering the nerfs Daruma has, he could lose. You are right.
But I really wonder, what was the reason that he lost all of those powers, strengths and even his real body. There is a lot to learn about his backstory.

El_directo_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This manga is hype.

Good plot and interesting universe.

The power levels and feats are skyrocketing like crazy at just 9chapters we already have a multi continental feat. I have no doubt by EOS they may even surpass toriko or be on early DBsuper levels.

Kishimoto has outdone himself this time.

adamantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This is a casual Continental feat lol if he's confirmed FTL he can basically bull rush solo most of the HST minus immortal people.

Hotdamn.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamantine: He is MFTL. He flew from one galactic quadrant to another in a single day since Hachimaru became a Samurai. That shit crazy, Quadrants are these big sectors of the galaxy and the fact that he flew over them while "taking it slow" in his own words is just damn hype.