Samurai 8 power level discussion.

#1 Posted by Wot_m8 (2401 posts) - - Show Bio

I known it's too soon but what do you expect the cap will be for this series?

According to the Viz translation, Warrior God used Pandora's Box to save all the stars. So, maybe Star level?

From what know, Samurais already have an impressive tier of regen being able to regrow arms in seconds and can breathe in space and what not. And that there is threat to the Universe.

What do you think the EOS will be like?

#2 Posted by FaradaySloth (12214 posts) - - Show Bio

Weaker than the Great Yhwach

#3 Posted by GXrevs06 (5236 posts) - - Show Bio

Weaker than Edens Zero.

#4 Posted by joshua755 (4532 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by SleepingSlaves (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshua755 said:

@gxrevs06: what’s eden zero sounds cool

It's made by the creator of Fairy Tail. I don't think I need to tell you that this isn't really a sign of quality.

OT: I think that they'll probably be low mid tiers in terms of power, but whatever hax they might have could change that.

#6 Posted by EmperorMode (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

Above the HST.....jk....idk

#7 Posted by joshua755 (4532 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by thor321 (2126 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshua755: it's actually pretty good.

You'll have to read Eden's Zero first then Fairy Tail though.

#9 Posted by joshua755 (4532 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor321: ok thanks is Eden in the same universe as fairy tale or its own thing going to check it out tomorrow

#10 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (5176 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto god tier levels. Samurai 8 is that new Kishimoto franchise right?

#11 Edited by GXrevs06 (5236 posts) - - Show Bio

@sleepingslaves said:
@joshua755 said:

@gxrevs06: what’s eden zero sounds cool

It's made by the creator of Fairy Tail. I don't think I need to tell you that this isn't really a sign of quality.

OT: I think that they'll probably be low mid tiers in terms of power, but whatever hax they might have could change that.

Edens Zero is lot better writing wise than FT. Tbf, It is basically One Piece but in space, The art is good too

#12 Posted by thor321 (2126 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor321: ok thanks is Eden in the same universe as fairy tale or its own thing going to check it out tomorrow

it's own thing.

problem is, Eden's Zero has very similar designed characters so some people don't like it.

#13 Posted by FaradaySloth (12214 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor321: Hiro Mashima’s best work is Rave Master IMO. You should give it a try

Avatar image for unfavoredcharacter
#15 Posted by Unfavoredcharacter (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Newest chapter confirms that the villain can casually slice asteroids

#16 Posted by joshua755 (4532 posts) - - Show Bio

@unfavoredcharacter: yes they already in the god tire of Naruto or damn near close this early on

#17 Posted by Wot_m8 (2401 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by keiser994 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

@unfavoredcharacter: Just the Spiritual Clone of Ata. Gosh, i don't want to know how strong the real Ata is...and the power of the other 4 Soul Orbs he has.

Also we don't even know the real power of his Princess nor his Dragon.

#19 Posted by Unfavoredcharacter (114 posts) - - Show Bio

@keiser994: not to mention we still don't know what mujin can do. Wouldn't be shocked if he could slice a planet in half.

#20 Posted by keiser994 (516 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for westwood_trevor
#21 Posted by Westwood_Trevor (2028 posts) - - Show Bio
  • The Spiritual clone of Ata is able to travel from a Galactic Quadrant to another one with prolly FTL speed, while casually busting down asteroids as large, if not larger, than mountains.

• Princess Sa and Niri have high lv. of clairvoyance, since they are capable of track down and know everything about Hachimaru and Ann (from the outer space for Sa. . . dunno the distance. . . and from another Galactic Quadrant for Niri).

• Something capable of obliterate the galaxy and planets of an entire system is coming. . .

• NOT-confirmed omniscence for Daruma

• Hachimaru can effortlesly slice a tank made with ultra-hard materials, by using a common sword. . . however he is not able to put a single scratch on the Gatekeeper Holders with that sword. Then Daruma one-shoted 'em.

#22 Posted by Adi_Frost (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

@westwood_trevor: Also, Hachimaru tanked a fall from the sky (1KM height round off) without any kind of pain at all. (Durability feat)

Hachimaru is fast enough to effortlessly react, move and have thoughts while tank cannon balls are shot at him from barely 3 or 4 metres away. (Speed feat)

#23 Posted by Westwood_Trevor (2028 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by Unfavoredcharacter (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Spoiler:

ata just made a large crater on the moon by just landing on it.

#25 Posted by keiser994 (516 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by keiser994 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

SPOILER:

Seems like the size of Ata's trail of light is the same when he cut into fragments that asteroid in the chapter 8. If this is true then Ata casually cut into pieces something larger than a moon!

#27 Posted by Wot_m8 (2401 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by keiser994 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

@wot_m8: Also FTL seems confirmed. He reached the Ball Quadrant/Sector and Hachimaru's planet

#29 Posted by Wot_m8 (2401 posts) - - Show Bio

@keiser994: MFTL.

Hachimaru only became a Samurai a day ago. So, after he was tracked down Ata flew to a different quadrant all in a day. And he was not even flying at full speeds since he commented in the official scans that "No point in taking it slow."

Let's review,

This nigga is MFTL, can casually clear out an Asteroid field that can be anywhere between Mountain sized to Continental sized, created a crater that was 1/3rd the size of the moon just by landing on it. Ata can slap the entire Hst except for the top hax ones and he hasn't even fought one yet. Kishi's going crazy lol.

#30 Posted by keiser994 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

@wot_m8: and that was just a Soul Orb clone.

#31 Posted by Wot_m8 (2401 posts) - - Show Bio

@keiser994: Yup. Looks like Kishi took the powa level forums seriously.

#32 Posted by Adi_Frost (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao That was a casual multi-country level feat from Ata by just landing on the moon. And this is just a clone with without his most important powers like his spirit animal which is supposed to be a Samurai's greatest weapon. This guy can stomp 99% of the HST except the top haxed ones.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d5d8c614fa9a
#33 Posted by deactivated-5d5d8c614fa9a (4113 posts) - - Show Bio

Above the HST by EOS is right lmao

#34 Edited by JOVIOLMA (8081 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing how big the Power creep in Samurai 8 was in a few chapters, I'm afraid of Uncle Kishi use the same power creep BS with Naruto again....

Just give Jigen FTL + Combat speed, Plot, Probability, Fate and Matter Manipulation and then we all can say he solos DBS

#35 Posted by Wot_m8 (2401 posts) - - Show Bio

@joviolma: I don't think there has been a power creep in Samurai 8. I's only been 8 chapters lol. It's more like a power ceiling that has been established incredibly high. We were told from chapter 1 that the goal was to save the Galaxy.

So, yea, no powa creep.

#36 Edited by JOVIOLMA (8081 posts) - - Show Bio

@wot_m8:

I'm still a bit ''afraid'', I mean I like Naruto and all but at some points power creeps are a bit weird IMO just like it was in the war, I would not really care if the story of Naruto had ended up with him being just a Multi-Mountain Buster, but seeing now the Boruto hype with this new Juubi, Jigen and the Otsutsuki clan and the feats he is adding to his new manga gives me the feeling that he will like add another power creep in Naruto.

#GiveJigenPlotManipulation

#37 Posted by Wot_m8 (2401 posts) - - Show Bio

@joviolma: I was talking about Samurai 8 lol but yea, Naruto has a powa creep, I agree.

Is Kishi still working on Boruto tho? I thought he gave reins to the new guy and started focusing entirely on Samurai 8.

#38 Posted by keiser994 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

@joviolma: Man, Jigen is love! Jigen is life!

Delta is love too. Don't judge me.

#39 Posted by keiser994 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

@wot_m8: Kishi is still the supervisor of Boruto. We can also read it on the volume covers.

#40 Edited by JOVIOLMA (8081 posts) - - Show Bio

@wot_m8: No idea , as far I know, the process is similar with Boruto, he was just giving the ideas and all but not drawing and he was working briefly with the anime dudes as well although he is not really that influenced with Boruto, IIRC he said in a interview that he not really cares if either Naruto Sasuke or any other main character dies in Boruto 0.0. But my point kind of stills, either he will give the power creep idea or one of the writes will add following the new manga feats, or hopefully, they will just get strong normally and not via an 4sspull like a new dojutsu or mode.

#41 Posted by Wot_m8 (2401 posts) - - Show Bio

@keiser994: Being a supervisor means he doesn't write it, so he is not the author.

#42 Posted by SPsamurai (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Ata plans on pushing the Moon and crashing it with the Earth, but he "is not as good as the master".

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Also the light trail isn't as big, so the previous prediction of the asteroids being hill to mountain sized is about right. Its only massive most likely because Ata is pushing the moon.

#43 Posted by keiser994 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

@wot_m8: Kishi has never write Boruto. He created it, then he left the writing part and the drawings to Kodachi and Ikemoto.

No Caption Provided

#44 Edited by keiser994 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

@spsamurai said:

Ata plans on pushing the Moon and crashing it with the Earth, but he "is not as good as the master".

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Also the light trail isn't as big, so the previous prediction of the asteroids being hill to mountain sized is about right. Its only massive most likely because Ata is pushing the moon.

Wow! So we have a MFTL clone Ata that can casually bust into pieces mountain size asteroids during his travel and now pushing an entire moon?!? This guy is awesome. Also "the master" is stronger? Hype!

#45 Posted by Unfavoredcharacter (114 posts) - - Show Bio

@joviolma: that's what's great about a power ceiling. It gives you an idea of what character will be able to do in the future instead of giving random power ups whenever the plot demands it.

I personally don't think ata is actually the power ceiling, but I'm still excited to see what he can do.

#46 Posted by SPsamurai (143 posts) - - Show Bio

@keiser994: Yup, and we're only just 9 chapters in lol. They haven't even fought yet.

It seems like prime Daruma being a "star crusher" might turn out to be legit rather than it being a hyperbolic statement.

#47 Posted by Westwood_Trevor (2028 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Clone-Ata reaches the Ball Quadrant/Sector and the coordinates of Hachimaru. . . in less than a day. Prolly confirmed MFTL.

• Then he creates a massively huge crater on the moon by just landing on it. He will use the moon to erase Hachimaru's planet/star, after getting the boy back.

No Caption Provided

• Taking into consideration the "light streak" created by Spiritual clone Ata's movement, the size of the moon compared with it. . . and the size of the asteroid he destroyed previously. . . I can assume that the previous asteroid was way bigger than a mountain, by a lot.

Waiting for more infos but it could have been as big as this moon.

#48 Edited by ovy7 (4060 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't started reading the manga yet (I still have my gripes with Kishi after Kaguya was introduced), but seeing all of those feats it's pretty clear that the manga would most likely leave the HST in the dust. So the question arises: Samurai 8 vs Toriko when?

#49 Posted by Wot_m8 (2401 posts) - - Show Bio

@ovy7: Soon at this rate. Ata can slap most of the Hst apart from the top tier haxxed ones and he hasn't even fought once.

#50 Posted by Unfavoredcharacter (114 posts) - - Show Bio

@ovy7: to be fair around the point kaguya was introduced he was stuck on how to finish off madara, not to mention how exhausted he was from working on naruto for 15 years. So I wouldn't really judge him based on that. He also gave us part 1 naruto and every arc before the pain arc.