Sam Jackson talking about Brie Larson "she’s the most powerful character in the Marvel universe.”

• 66 results
Gamer-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gamer-Guy

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/captain-marvel-taught-jackson-how-avengers-4-ends/

“She wants it to be a special film, she wants it to represent women, she wants it to be a film that has heart and depth,” Jackson said. “Brie grabs information from everywhere, too. “Who was the first female pilot? What were her struggles? She wants to make sure all of that is embodied in the character to give it the justice of the woman’s struggle, to follow her from where she was to becoming this great force, because she’s the most powerful character in the Marvel cinematic universe.”

goddamn man this hype i can't contain it it's too much

FragVag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FragVag
No Caption Provided

Most anticipated 2019!!!!!

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most powerful hero or character? The new Avengers are looking to be miles ahead of originals in terms of power level.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I can see the threads from now. "MCU Carl Manvers vs New 52 Superman", "MCU Transgender vs 616 Thor".

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fragvag said:
No Caption Provided

Such a shame they didn't cast an actress that could actually FILL the role

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If her power is being boring and lame then yeah

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But will she still protect you if you're white, straight and male? Seriously Black Widow solo over this trash. I take back any negative thing I've said about Scarjo or Black Widow. She is the female solo hero we need from the mcu. Or I would settle for a captain marvel recast with an actress who isn't a complete asshole.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm just wondering how they'll explain where's been for the past 10 years with all these events happening.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don't buy it. Most powerful hero absolutely. But more powerful than a entity like Doramammu that consumes universes. I'll believe it when I see it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So she will render every member of the Avengers obsolete once she appears, due to her sheer power?

I know the general audience won't mind that much, but she's probably going to go from extremely powerful (being able to move planets, as stated before) to fairly middling (Thor or Hulk level, once she inevitably faces Thanos) over the course of 2 movies. It'll be a mess on the Battles board.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Most powerful hero or character? The new Avengers are looking to be miles ahead of originals in terms of power level.

Really? Dr. Strange, BP Spider-Man seem miles ahead of Thor, Hulk and Iron Man?

FragVag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NEXT YEAR IS GONNA BE LIT ON THE VINE!!! Captain Marvel will be critically and financially one of the biggest films of all time. Marvel is making sure of it. Trolls and fanboys represent 1% of BO revenue. Which means negative opinions won't matter at all. Remember the whole "we're going to ban together and ruin Black Panther's critical reception" phase. No one remembers it now.

After her epic success next year CM will become taboo. You won't be able to even mention her name on the Vine without risk of being banned. There's going to be some pissed off Marvel haters out there.

TheParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like SJW propaganda

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fragvag said:

NEXT YEAR IS GONNA BE LIT ON THE VINE!!! Captain Marvel will be critically and financially one of the biggest films of all time. Marvel is making sure of it. Trolls and fanboys represent 1% of BO revenue. Which means negative opinions won't matter at all. Remember the whole "we're going to ban together and ruin Black Panther's critical reception" phase. No one remembers it now.

After her epic success next year CM will become taboo. You won't be able to even mention her name on the Vine without risk of being banned. There's going to be some pissed off Marvel haters out there.

No Caption Provided

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hero I could see, especially if they model her powers after mar-cell.

And he didn’t mean including the villains, he meant the heroes. If a hero is more powerful than any villain, you get a boring useless story. That was my issue with justice league. Supes cake and everything that came before or after was meaningless.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jameswayne: yes there was a much more interesting story before the reshoots. Iirc in the original ending apparently it was wonder woman who took down steppenwolf.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By phillip33

There’s no way she’s dormammu level, so I’m gonna take these statements with a grain of salt.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be really dissapointed if Avengers 4 ends up like Justice League with her soloing Thanos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

I'll be really dissapointed if Avengers 4 ends up like Justice League with her soloing Thanos.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What kevd said, that's probably everyone's greatest fear.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm laughing.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 socajunkie  Moderator

Cool.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By macleen
Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is, like, the sixth person who said that (Feige, script writers, Russo brothers, A4 writer, Brie, Jackson+Captain Marvel Feature)

I think he means hero, not character.

that's my take on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/captain-marvel-taught-jackson-how-avengers-4-ends/

“She wants it to be a special film, she wants it to represent women, she wants it to be a film that has heart and depth,” Jackson said. “Brie grabs information from everywhere, too. “Who was the first female pilot? What were her struggles? She wants to make sure all of that is embodied in the character to give it the justice of the woman’s struggle, to follow her from where she was to becoming this great force, because she’s the most powerful character in the Marvel cinematic universe.”

goddamn man this hype i can't contain it it's too much

I thought you were negative about her being the most powerful.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fragvag:

Captain Marvel will be critically and financially one of the biggest films of all time. Marvel is making sure of it. Trolls and fanboys represent 1% of BO revenue. Which means negative opinions won't matter at all. Remember the whole "we're going to ban together and ruin Black Panther's critical reception" phase. No one remembers it now.

So why every movie studio wants to make movies about comic book characters?

Obviously that comic book fans have their role in the promotion and hype of the movies that portray their preferences, and that is why a Batman movie will always have more potential than any other Dc character.

Sure that what some insecure viners (or other users in other sites) say (by default) about the Mcu or Wdc movies doesn't matter, because its not coherent (just support of preferences), but no producer (aside from Kathleen Kennedy) really wants to displease the core audience...

At this point no one should be naive to think that Wonder Woman and Black Panther did not have a political boost, but the characters were obviously LIKED by comic book fans, something that also should be an objective for Captain Marvel.

I could even make an argument that MoS would be more successful, if it was not so divisive by its core audience...

ironbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman still solos

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But will she still protect you if you're white, straight and male? Seriously Black Widow solo over this trash. I take back any negative thing I've said about Scarjo or Black Widow. She is the female solo hero we need from the mcu. Or I would settle for a captain marvel recast with an actress who isn't a complete asshole.

DaGuy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol Marvel is just building hype for an unknown. exaggerating a little. It's obviously working because feat obsessed fanboys can't shut up about her supposed strength level. What is this like the 50th thread on this topic. lol

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Sounds like SJW propaganda

And you sound pressed....

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should've casted a hotter actress Larson has a body but shes got a really simple face

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

616 Thing still one-shots.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vertigo-
@kevd4wg said:

If anything, I'll be laughing. Cause I've been saying she's gonna solo him since this whole "most powerful hero in the MCU" thing got started. I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that I've called it, and I turned out to be right

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo- said:
@kevd4wg said:

If anything, I'll be laughing. Cause I've been saying she's gonna solo him since this whole "most powerful hero in the MCU" thing got started. I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that I've called it, and I turned out to be right

They can't do me dirty like that for the finale of the MCU though

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg:

Your puny expectations can't stand in the way of a superhero who knows she's right and doesn't like to be told otherwise though

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo- said:

@kevd4wg:

Your puny expectations can't stand in the way of a superhero who knows she's right and doesn't like to be told otherwise though

lmao, yeah you're right. I can't wait for MCU Civil War II

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fragvag said:
No Caption Provided

Such a shame they didn't cast an actress that could actually FILL the role

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Vertigo-

@kevd4wg: In which Carol will convince everyone that her side is the right side. Nobody can tell her she's wrong, cause she knows she's right.

Avatar image for deactivated-5be9a9d48ee87
deactivated-5be9a9d48ee87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like most of those statements will be either proven to be hyperbolic or lacking context. She'll surely be powerful, but I don't think they'd make her that much above Thor. I trust Marvel to handle her well.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo- said:

@kevd4wg: In which Carol will convince everyone that her side is the right side. Nobody can tell her she's wrong, cause she knows she's right.

Of course

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

I can already see the post-crisis wonder woman/superman vs mcu captain marvel threads lmao.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will Carol gather as much hatred as Jane??

Avatar image for deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4
deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m just gonna go die now k

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Heatforce

@rukelnikovftw: not sure. Jane was fine in the first Thor but I feel the actress phoned in Thor 2 and her friends were really annoying in that film too.

TheParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f
deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@kevd4wg said:
@vertigo- said:

Of course

If she really represents as a major role during Avengers 4 then there will be no shortage of criticism especially for those fans(including me) who know what she was ......