Saint's Top 10 Comic Book TV Seasons

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Edited By SaintWildcard

So I've recently finished The Boys, and was discussing where it would land on my list of "Best CBTV seasons". I say seasons because most Comic Book shows (but especially the Marvel Netflix ones), fluctuate in quality from season to season. Typically because most shows try to have a season long arc, and each season tends to have it's own villain, this makes it easier to pick a specific season that stands out.

Disclaimer- That being said, this list will mainly consist of seasons that are first or second. I also haven't seen every CBTV show out there (I mean, who has the time? Is anyone even watching Pennyworth?), but I have seen a grand bulk of them.

I will try and give a mini review of each season, as well as a score.

Honorary Mentions

Smallville- It's been a long time since I've seen it and I don't remember much about it. It would be unfair for me to list it, but I think had I given it a rewatch within the last 5 years, there's a good chance it would have a slot on this list.

Flash S5- There was a ton of elements to this season that I liked, and I think the ending mad the season unlike S4 which ruined it.

Arrow S1- Overall a good season.

Legends of Tomorrow S3- I did a count of all seasons to see how many episodes in the season I would consider really good and rewatchable. I was suprised to see that it had plent of good episodes and was only under by 1 compared to S2. That being said there are some elements that made it a much weaker season than 2.

10) The Walking Dead S1(?)

No Caption Provided

It's been a long time since I've seen this show, and I think like most fans, we all just got tired of the repetitive nature of the show.... but at one point this was the hottest tv show on the market. I put off watching this show since I wasn't really into the zombie fad, but the pilot actually managed to capture my interest. Kinda made me wanna live in that world, so I could kill me a few walkers.

Rating- 7/10

9) Arrow S2

No Caption Provided

I think most people agree that Arrow S2 was the best of the show. I think S5 (the one with Prometheus) was also pretty good, but this one edges it out. I think most of the reason it's so well regarded is because of Deathstroke's performance, which I would agree was great (even if a little bit too much like Bane from TDKR). This season really tested Oliver and his supporting cast was excellent.

Rating- 7/10

8) Luke Cage S1

No Caption Provided

I like this show, even though I will come down a bit harshly on it in my mini Black Lightning review. There's not much to say about it. I liked Luke as a character and I think Cottonmouth was a great villain, and should have stayed the villain for the entire season. Luke rising in notoriety in Harlem was good.

Rating- 7.5/10

7) Doom Patrol S1

No Caption Provided

This show is delightfully weird and has a great cast of characters. It however fumbles in that it tries a bit to hard to be weird and the way the villain gets beat at the end is anti climactic to say the least.

Rating- 7.5/10

6) The Flash S1

No Caption Provided

Before we all became a little jaded and were overwhelmed with the massive amount of Superhero shows, I remember a time when we all gathered around and talked about the Flash. It's not that old and yet I think many of us here would say it's kinda dated and maybe not as good as we remember. I haven't seen it in a while, but from what I remember it was an overall solid season with a really good villain story.

Rating- 8/10

5) Black Lightning S1

No Caption Provided

This show IMO was the better Black Superhero than Luke Cage was. While I like both, I do think this show not only does everything better, it also has more ground to cover. The two things it does better is showing the dynamic of Black Lightning and his community. Not only that, but also how his SID has his own role in his community as a successful principal of a Black majority school in what is a gang infested area. It also has a great villain, in that it fuses Marvel's Kingpin and Cottonmouth, to give us Tobias Whale, who is an intimidating villain. The other factor it does much better is it's usage of music. Unlike Luke Cage, it doesn't ever get to the point where it's music is obnoxious. One aspect that this show has that most shows don't, is the family dynamic, which is handled wonderfully.

Rating- 8.5/10

4) Legends of Tomorrow S2

No Caption Provided

Season 2 is probably hands down still the best season of the show. A perfect balance of serious and fun. It makes characters like Heatwave an MVP and complex character who goes through an amazing arc. It also has the best set of villains who worked under the moniker of "Legion of Doom". All the characters seem to have an arc and a purpose. The team is also getting past it's growing pains and becoming more of a unit.

Rating- 8.75/10

3) The Boys S1

No Caption Provided

I think the top 3 are interchangeable for the most part, only time will tell where this will land a few weeks from now, but this was an amazing first season. I've only caught glimpses of the comics (but I know how it ends and who did what), and this is an other case of an adaptation improving on the material. I love how this show doesn't paint it as black and white, but rather various degrees of grey.

Rating- 9/10

2) Jessica Jones S1

No Caption Provided

A brilliant Season one that made me love the dark gritty Marvel MCU stuff. This season lives and dies by it's villain/hero dynamic and has easily the strongest one on the list. I've long since stated that Killgrave is easily the best villain in the MCU. A fascinating character study. Jessica's surivor story is also gripping and you truly feel for her character. A shame that the following seasons had to try and meet such a high bar and all failed (season 3 wasn't as bad as S2, but that's not exactly a hard bar to pass).

Rating- 9.5/10

1) Legion S1

No Caption Provided

Probably the weirdest mind trip of a show, and I love it. It's spooky and it's look at how the mind of David works makes for a great watch. IT walks that line of weird and overdoing it, but for the most part it does that well. The Yellow Eyed demon being hidden in the background gives me the willys.

At some point I'll have to watch S2, but I remember watching the first episode of that and being disappointed because it felt like it was trying to hard to be weird and topping itself. But now that I know that S3 is the final one, I'll probably wait till it's done so I can binge it.

Rating- 10/10

Avatar image for supermanfan1938
Supermanfan1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Daredevil S1 and S3 are my top 2

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No love for Daredevil?

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil S1 and 3 not even here?

Wow...

StormShadow_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Nice list. Funny you brought up Smallville. Just started watching it again after 6 years. On hulu

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool list. Mine is...

10. Gotham season 5

9. Titans season 1

8. Arrow season 2

7. Arrow season 5

6. The Punisher season 1

5. The Walking Dead season 1

4. The Boys season 1

3. Daredevil season 3

2. Doom Patrol season 1

1. Legion season 1

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Daredevil or AoS? Wack

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Eri_Joni  Online
Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting list.

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KillBilly

10. Daredevil Season 2.

9. Daredevil Season 3.

8. Punisher Season 1.

7. Daredevil Season 1.

6. Doom Patrol Season 1.

5. The Walking Dead Season 1.

4. Legion Season 2.

3. Legion Season 3.

2. The Boys Season 1.

1. Legion Season 1.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Daredevil, Daredevil, Daredevil annnnd maybe Daredevil?

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: I know him outside ComicVine, trust me when I say not putting Daredevil on his list is one of his more "tame" opinions.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn. I disagree with a lot of it. No Arrow S5/DD S3/Arrow S1?

Though glad to see someone else puts JJ S1 in such high regards.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know him outside ComicVine, trust me when I say not putting Daredevil on his list is one of his more "tame" opinions.

We need to know now some of his other opinions.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespartanb345t: @payneintheass: Well that's simply cus I didn't care for Daredevil. It took itself way too seriously while never really bringing anything interesting to the table. Just wasn't for me

I know him outside ComicVine, trust me when I say not putting Daredevil on his list is one of his more "tame" opinions.

Settle down Judas, please take the knife out of my back

@kevd4wg said:

No Daredevil or AoS? Wack

I've never seen AoS.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jgames

As people say, NO DAREDEVIL, what!? More power to you, but its just a weird list without it.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Iron Fist season 1? What kind of d***s are you guys on?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

No Iron Fist season 1? What kind of d***s are you guys on?

No needs for homophobia here.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: How is asking what Drugs people are using classified as homophobia? You have to be high not to have IF season 1 on a list of best season of a CB TV show..

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KillBilly

@byondeon: I think they thought you were saying dicks. Mostly because people don't usually censor the word "drugs." xD

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By byondeon

@killbilly said:

@byondeon: I think he thought you were saying dicks. Mostly because people don't usually censor the word "drugs." xD

Yeah, I thought so.. I wouldn't censor the word dick tho..

EDIT: Also, who would ask what dicks someone are on?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The question mark at the end of the #10 entry really set the tone for this laughable "blog."

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm surprised The Boys isn't your top pick considering its everything you've ever wanted from the Snyderverse.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames: overhyped drivel

Those sound like fighting words

Defenders assemble, oh wait that got cancel....Daredevil go..... that got canceled.................I am just going to cry in a corner.

Also you probably the only person I know who genuinely really like legend of tomorrow, but hey as they say, its your list. It be boring if it was just a copy paste of everybody else.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SaintWildcard

@kidchipotle said:

The question mark at the end of the #10 entry really set the tone for this laughable "blog."

Take the knife out of my back you Judas, yeesh!

@jgames said:
@saintwildcard said:

@jgames: overhyped drivel

Those sound like fighting words

Defenders assemble, oh wait that got cancel....Daredevil go..... that got canceled.................I am just going to cry in a corner.

Also you probably the only person I know who genuinely really like legend of tomorrow, but hey as they say, its your list. It be boring if it was just a copy paste of everybody else.

Lets fight in a hallway for the 20th time in a row.

I know plenty on the DCCW thread. Season 2 and 3 are honestly really good seasons

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: but bro those hallways fight scenes are just some of the best choreograph action sequence in tv shows. Seeing something awesome plenty of time is better than any of the fight scenes in the CW shows. But again just my opinion.

I stop watching LOT after season one, so it could be good for all I know. Stranger thing had happen, like someone not liking DD yet likes DCCW shows :-p/

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard:but bro those hallways fight scenes are just some of the best choreograph action sequence in tv shows. Seeing something awesome plenty of time is better than any of the fight scenes in the CW shows. But again just my opinion.

I stop watching LOT after season one, so it could be good for all I know. Stranger thing had happen, like someone not liking DD yet likes DCCW shows :-p/

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even having one season of Daredevil on here is like making a top 10 DC Superhero movie list and not including TDK lol

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard:but bro those hallways fight scenes are just some of the best choreograph action sequence in tv shows. Seeing something awesome plenty of time is better than any of the fight scenes in the CW shows. But again just my opinion.

I stop watching LOT after season one, so it could be good for all I know. I mean it had its good moments, but damn was did the villain stinks. But who knows, especially with the legion of doom or whatever. Stranger thing had happen, like someone not liking DD yet likes the DCCW shows :-p.