R.I.P. Tommy Castillo

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Oscuro

I'll keep this as short and sweet as possible. I wasn't fully aware of his career as a comic artist at the time. What I do know, is that fate lead me to meet one of the coolest, genuine people I had ever had the pleasure of meeting. I wandered aimlessly at the GPCC looking at women and peeking at many of the things I had no intention of buying. Being a Blade fan didn't afford me a ton of options lol. Enter Tommy.

He and his team were friendly and interesting as anything that was going on in the entire building. We sat and talked about Blade, werewolf movies, the best ways to get home from the Expo Center and (sadly) his health issues. I found myself unwilling to walk away because we all got along so well. I got a Blade commission and when he learned that I'd be coming back the next day, Tommy offered to keep it longer and give it more detail. When I returned the next day, I received a badass Blade picture, as well as a few pics with them all. I eagerly looked forward to hopefully seeing them again next year. I just got the bad news not even an hour ago that Tommy had passed. Although I didn't really know him, I felt blindsided like I had lost a friend. In my experience, it really is a rare privilege to meet people who you can just click with so easily, so it really hurts. My heart goes out to his wife and family, as well as any fans of his out there. We lost a great one. Thank you Tommy, rest in peace.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

What a wonderful memory. You're very lucky.

RIP indeed.