Reviewing One Piece's DC feats and the size of their islands

Molt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Molt

Ever since I came back to CV from a long break, I've been seeing a lot of claims that One Piece characters can bust countries to continents and even multiple continents with their attacks. Which inspired me to review the verse's feats and see if these claims hold an ounce of truth to them. So here we go:

1). Imu destroying an island

No Caption Provided

In chapter 1060 Imu destroys an island. Now as we can see, we have a full view of the island and the blast proportionally. The island is incredibly small, as we can tell from the highlighted object in the middle which is actually a castle. Does this island look like it's hundreds of km to you? Does it even look like 50 km to you? By comparison this is an image of Hawaii from space:

No Caption Provided

Compare Hawaii's size to the island Imu destroyed? They're clearly nothing alike. Hawaii is 150 km in size for the record. It's literally amongst the smallest US states.

Important note: Imu destroyed the island with an Ancient Weapon. So, it's not even his own power's feat. This character is meant to be the final villain, and the most powerful of all.

You would expect more from a Continent-Multicontinent buster, wouldn't you agree?

2). The size of the island Enel destroyed

No Caption Provided

In Skypiea Arc Enel destroys an island made out of clouds using Ark Maxim, so not even his own standalone power. We can see the island's size highlighted by yellow to the bridge highlighted red. If the island was so big, hundreds of km, then that bridge should have been literal dot to it. It wouldn't even appear anymore.

The bridge itself is actually small, and the proof comes from the fact you can see Luffy and Sanji's little raft in comparison to the cloud bridge’s width that goes to Upper Yard:

No Caption Provided

So, the bridge is clearly small and so is the island Enel destroyed with Ark Maxim. Actually Skypiea as a whole is incredible small itself:

No Caption Provided

By comparison this is Ireland’s landmass from this aerial shot:

No Caption Provided

Mind you Ireland is one of the smallest countries in the world. Skypiea is clearly nothing like that in size.

You would expect more from a Continent-Multicontinent buster, wouldn't you agree?

3). Kaido lifts Onigashima

Onigashima is incredible small island. Just look at some of these panels showcasing how tiny the island is:

• It's smaller than the Flower Capital which is literally a town with medieval era Japan design.
No Caption Provided
  • It's also shown to be smaller than Mount Fuji. This is in spite of the fact Onigashima is too close to the camera and Mount Fuji is far in the background, yet appears bigger:
No Caption Provided
  • More proof on how tiny Onigashima is:
No Caption Provided

Yet Kaido, the Strongest Creature, lifting an island of that was clearly portrayed to be a big deal. You would expect more from a Continent-Multicontinent buster, wouldn't you agree?

4). Chinjao splits a ''continent''

No Caption Provided

This is what Chinjao split. This is what One Piece fans claim to be a continental feat. Who in their right mind believes this continental?

When people say Continent or Multi-continent feats, they expect feats such as these for example:

These are what real Multi-Continent feats look like. These are on-panel and visual feats. You could show these images to a random person on the street who never watched anime and would agree with the scale of these feats.

So, I went over 3 of One Piece's biggest feats, reviewed their scale size and I think we can safely say One Piece is not a Continent buster verse. Never has been and never will be.

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Jurance  Online

Rent Free.

Decaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Decaff

Comparing Manga panels to IRL images will never work, hand drawing large landmasses or structures leaves room for inconsistency. This doesn't mean said thing is small it just means the artists isn't perfect.

I agree the sizes are exaggerated by the debating community though.

Avatar image for twothousand3702
TwoThousand3702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By heiqn

Good work

EstrellaDeLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nice work.

Molt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DerTilt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even VSBW will downgrade OP back to countrylevel.

The verse dont has a Continentlevel feat

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9 socajunkie  Moderator

‘This is what Chinjao split. This is what One Piece fans claim to be a continental feat.’ No they don’t, the manga says it.

Anyway, not a battle, moving this to Gen.

Konohana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@molt:

So, I went over 3 of One Piece's biggest feats, reviewed their scale size and I think we can safely say One Piece is not a Continent buster verse. Never has been and never will be.

These aren’t One Piece’s biggest feats?

exauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

huntercuistot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By huntercuistot

Even if Chinjao split the whole thing, it's not a continental feat, country tier max. Thing is he's basically fodder so people use him to massively upscale any relevant character.

Bajrang Gun/Whitebeard quake calcs are what put the top tiers in the continental+ tier, most of everything else is exaggerated crap.

kataraaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, comparing panel sizes to real life maps and pictures from space is fundamentally wrong imo. Especially since the world in OP is significantly larger than ours.

Godam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Decaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dertilt: Are they actually doing that or are you just saying they will?

DerTilt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 nassergrant19  Online

Meh, comparing panel sizes to real life maps and pictures from space is fundamentally wrong imo. Especially since the world in OP is significantly larger than ours.

Exactly. Massive W. Honestly shocked you’d take our side lol.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nassergrant19  Online
Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spittin

vjbthe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you take visuals at face value might as well as accept calcs that go along with it. Most artist don't draw to scale their intentions.

kataraaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kataraaaa

@nassergrant19 said:

@kataraaaa said:

I mean I haven’t read all of OP and I don’t know if I subscribe to the multi-continental scaling but downscaling via visuals while also dismissing calcs using these same visuals is pretty hypocritical. Especially when you can do that with so many other mangas. Kid Buu was busting earth and hundreds of other planets, none of them looked like how the actual earth would from space. Especially when you know OP earth is massive, which means visuals are bound to be skewed.

Hentekorin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very small islands indeed.Do not forget that when the bird cage started closing all the citizens of Dressrossa from across the island country managed run to the centre of the country in less than a hour lol. Very small island.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nassergrant19  Online
@kataraaaa said:

@nassergrant19 said:

@kataraaaa said:

I mean I haven’t read all of OP and I don’t know if I subscribe to the multi-continental scaling but downscaling via visuals while also dismissing calcs using these same visuals is pretty hypocritical. Especially when you can do that with so many other mangas. Kid Buu was busting earth and hundreds of other planets, none of them looked like how the actual earth would from space. Especially when you know OP earth is massive, which means visuals are bound to be skewed.

Yup facts.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cherry picking one off shots and trying to compare them to real life images taken from a completely different perspective is lowest common denominator downplay that CV in general has moved on from. Also these are hardly OP's biggest feats and calcs on Enel vaping the entirety of Skypiea or Kaido's Onigashima lift even with these low end cherry picked pixel scaled visuals go well beyond island lvl. Another typical Woody L honestly.

P.S: I am not sure why you include Phoenix explosion from FT in your list of continental-MC feats, what exactly is getting destroyed, all I see is maybe a shockwave spreading across a large area? You shouldn't have any problems in accepting the Space Pirates' moon explosion in OP then.

Supreme101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By Supreme101

Great debunk for the most part but comparing one of them to irl images is not really a good look. But overall your spittin.

Coadamol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Coadamol

one piece wankers in shambles lol .

the naruto feat that naruto wankers been riding on for the past decade is still country at best with wank tho

Dimitri1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dimitri1220  Online

Thoughts on this?

Punk Hazard

Even if you consider the calc to be correct, it's done over a period of 10 days so it's only a large island level feat.

Dimitri1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dimitri1220  Online

‘This is what Chinjao split. This is what One Piece fans claim to be a continental feat.’ No they don’t, the manga says it.

Anyway, not a battle, moving this to Gen.

The manga doesn't say they split the entire continent and we never saw the entire continent split. The feat is too vague, and funny enough there are OP debaters who say the anime is canon, yet look at the scan Molt showed from the anime. It's the smallest "continental" split I've ever seen.

Dimitri1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dimitri1220  Online

I never understood how Enel's Skypiea feat applies to his general AP. Some say that all the Arc Maxim did was create clouds, so everything else was done by Enel and should therefore be his normal power. Not only does that ignore the hours it took for him Raigo to be prepared, it's also dumb asf. Let's say the Arc Maxim was charged for who knows how many months and it created enough clouds to cover the entire OP earth and then Enel uses it to summon a Raigo: Does this now make him planet level, or as some like to say, solar system level because the "OP earth is far bigger than our earth?" And does this now mean that everyone above Skypiea Luffy scales above planet / solar system level?

RordTepes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very small islands indeed.Do not forget that when the bird cage started closing all the citizens of Dressrossa from across the island country managed run to the centre of the country in less than a hour lol. Very small island.

Ya,no one wants to talk about this important information when scaling dressrosa

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scaling Size in one piece simply does not work.

EpicHotFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@molt: you forgot Whitebeard’s feat

Avatar image for lightyagamigod2
lightyagamigod2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for lightyagamigod2
lightyagamigod2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

W

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nassergrant19  Online

@shirso said:

Cherry picking one off shots and trying to compare them to real life images taken from a completely different perspective is lowest common denominator downplay that CV in general has moved on from. Also these are hardly OP's biggest feats and calcs on Enel vaping the entirety of Skypiea or Kaido's Onigashima lift even with these low end cherry picked pixel scaled visuals go well beyond island lvl. Another typical Woody L honestly.

P.S: I am not sure why you include Phoenix explosion from FT in your list of continental-MC feats, what exactly is getting destroyed, all I see is maybe a shockwave spreading across a large area? You shouldn't have any problems in accepting the Space Pirates' moon explosion in OP then.

Omega7373663

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you were exaggerating a little bit honestly especially when using real life images as an actual argument but aside from that I agree that OP islands are definitely not that big

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BigBaby  Online
Azathothh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Azathothh
MonvieZ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbaby said:
@nassergrant19 said:
@godam said:
@exauce said:
@jurance said:

Rent Free.

They have Continental DC so Idk what kind of smoke you've got there,

Sabo basic attack like Hiken was ranging over the horizon, what's more if he was seriously using his Entei lmao.

No Caption Provided

Aokijii Ice was covering Huge size of sea up until to the next island,

No Caption Provided

Blackbeard gura DC was more destructive compared to old whitebeard.

No Caption Provided

Luffy overpowered a Large country lvl attack then send the attackers body deep enough to generate a Volcanic eruption is Continental AP if you scale it right.

No Caption Provided

While Im feats was Small country lvl as obliterating an Island with no trace left

No Caption Provided

Is different than just busting it which you could only scale it as an island lvl like this.

No Caption Provided

Molt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monviez3: The Sabo feat is filler from a filler movie and the last gif is also filler. Post canon feats next time

temsbumbumm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

based and factually correct

temsbumbumm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers