Reverse Flash or Zoom which one do you like more?

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Cloakx14

who's the better flash villain & why?

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Cloakx14

right now, Zoom is my favorite Flash villain.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Thus far Reverse Flash. Zoom seems more threatening but perhaps it was the actor, perhaps it was the story, but I care about Reverse Flash. He was a villain but had so many characteristics that would compel you to like him. I think that's been one of the best performance in TV, in like ever.

Zoom's back story has not really been revealed but based on what we see thus far it's unlikely to be in the same nature as Reverse Flash. I am just more connected to the kind of motivation that was driving him.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash series: It should go to Reverse Flash because he got very intimate with Flash

Comic: It go to Zoom because he just better in every way

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ganon15
Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reverse Flash.

I never really liked Zoom. His connection to Wally wasn't as strong as Thawne's was to Barry, and his powers were less interesting.

Plus his design makes him look like someone out of a Sonic comic.

Beata

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to hear your thoughts.

@artyom: @thetruebarryallen:

Beata

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@cloakx14: Are you referring to the TV show? I'm about to start watching the new season tonight actually.

If you mean comics, then I'd say that Professor Zoom is way more menacing, evil, and a genius, but Zoom is just leagues ahead in terms of power.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Artyom

Thus far Reverse Flash. Zoom seems more threatening but perhaps it was the actor, perhaps it was the story, but I care about Reverse Flash. He was a villain but had so many characteristics that would compel you to like him. I think that's been one of the best performance in TV, in like ever.

Zoom's back story has not really been revealed but based on what we see thus far it's unlikely to be in the same nature as Reverse Flash. I am just more connected to the kind of motivation that was driving him.

Tom Cavanagh is such a great actor, and he played RF so well.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*SPOILER ALERT*

Zoom schooled Barry hard. His going to the newspaper and the police station was hilarious.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoom is beast and makes RF seem average.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was tagged to give my thoughts; but I don't watch the show, so I'll just give my thoughts on the comic versions.

Both characters are pretty cool in their own respects, and I'm glad that Zoom's powers are different than that of Professor Zoom, despite the similar namesake and costume. I personally enjoy Professor Zoom more as a character though, his Silver Age work is incredibly silly and I love it, I absolutely love it. The stories that involve Professor Zoom are some of my absolute favorites in the Flash Mythos and I hope to see more of him in the future.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Black_Arrow

The Reverse Flash has more of a character. Even through he is the bad guy, I always felt for him and I cared for what he did. The main difference is that in most of his appearances he is a good guy but Zoom is always presented as the Ultimate Evil. The Reverse Flash mistery interested me a lot during the whole series and I wanted him to win. He clearly was evil at a start but I think that Barry made him a little more good.

gamejutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever medium he's in, Reverse Flash is, well, just better. If not better, cooler.

So far, the scariest version is the live-action one. And the most coolest is the Flashpoint version.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

way too early to tell

KCMinato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoom

bakera8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reverse Flash

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reverse flash just because it was so much more personal with Barry. That said we still need to see more from Zoom and after last night he has proven himself to be a worthy main villain for the show.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reverse flash just because it was so much more personal with Barry. That said we still need to see more from Zoom and after last night he has proven himself to be a worthy main villain for the show.

Cazboy10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't think Zoom from the show is the same Zoom from the comics, he seems made up so I think he sucks. Professor Zoom (Reverse Flash) is better.

StormKing1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reverse Flash, he had reasons behind his actions and was much more calculating. We knew there was some underlying reasons to him killing Barry's mom and him manipulating Barry in order to get to the future was the perfect plot point.

From what we know of Zoom at the moment, he's some guy with powers who's being a douche for the sake of being a douche. He apparently targets all speedsters because reasons. I know we'll likely get some type of explanation later but as things stand now RF is leagues above Zoom

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Their both awesome but Reverse Flash had more screen time so I`m going to have to go with him for now.

In the conversation of comics it would be more debatable.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By terry2012
PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reverse Flash because Tom Cavanagh.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reverse Flash because of the emotional investment.

I've been really curious to see Zoom and what he's about. Its very early so we still have no relationship built yet.

As for Wells/Thawne, I was eager for as many scenes with him as possible. I was intrigued by his twisted rationale and relationships he built. How quickly we forget about the asswhooping he gave Barry when he stopped messing around. The only thing that stopped him was Eddie.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm assuming this is about the series because of the recent episode.

Fight wise, zoom. He lived up to his fight far better than reverse flash did. We can see this is a fight barry doesn't have a shot at winning. I am really hoping he doesn't job later. Also: he at least got caught by a gun by a civilian. RF got caught by an arrow by a fighter who was involved in the fight. Fail much?

Character wise though, reverse flash was done so much better. Even the teaser-like appearances were better, and he had a great history with flash - A character that always kept you interested basically. Zoom doesn't have any backstory yet, though his motivation is interesting.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: unfair comparison. RF had the benefit of a full season to be developed, to be revealed and shine and be defeated, etc etc.

Zoom is the first bad guy that really seems like a bad guy. A Flash terminator if you will. He already beat several Flashes apparently (including Jay Garrick, who seems to be running away from Zoom) . He manipulates other powerful bad guys, he manipulates access to the multiverse. He's a real threat!!

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reverse Flash. He was scary without needing to be overt about it like Zoom. Everytime he made a move like he was about to get out of his wheelchair was genuinely frightening without needing to beat you over the head with it.

The more personal conflict was also great and the mystery as to his true motivations made it a joy to watch.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

TV or comics...Reverse Flash is more interesting than Zoom. (Not more powerful, more interesting) The story lines with RF in the 70's and 80's were really good for the most part.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Leatherface003

Please...Zoom just made an appearance for 10 mins. He is not yet fully developed..Tom Cavannah owned the role of reverse Flash. Best TV comic book villain ever imo. The character development was awesome in every way...have to watch Zoom for couple more episode..

but that fight was awesome.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please...Zoom just made an appearance for 10 mins. He is not yet fully developed..Tom Cavannah owned the role of reverse Flash. Best TV comic book villain ever. The character development was awesome in every way...have to watch Zoom for couple more episode..

Just disagree with one thing, I prefer Kingpin :)

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please...Zoom just made an appearance for 10 mins. He is not yet fully developed..Tom Cavannah owned the role of reverse Flash. Best TV comic book villain ever. The character development was awesome in every way...have to watch Zoom for couple more episode..

This (except best villain, I preferred Deathstroke on Arrow. Reverse Flash is probably second though)

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoom made Jay Garrick scared like a b*tch and run off. RF Flash has the balls to try to take him on without powers.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoom because he's just a boss

Grayzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always loved RF and I think they did him well. That being said, Zoom has been putting in work.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stefano said:
@leatherface003 said:

Just disagree with one thing, I prefer Kingpin :)

forgot to add imo..done now..

Bats16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're referring to the tv series then Zoom. He's far more menacing than the RF ever was and that's what I want out of a villain.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like being an amoral sociopath?

Reverse Flash, he had reasons behind his actions and was much more calculating. We knew there was some underlying reasons to him killing Barry's mom and him manipulating Barry in order to get to the future was the perfect plot point.

From what we know of Zoom at the moment, he's some guy with powers who's being a douche for the sake of being a douche. He apparently targets all speedsters because reasons. I know we'll likely get some type of explanation later but as things stand now RF is leagues above Zoom

Actually, I believe the given reason is that Zoom wants to be the only Speedster on any Earth. As such, he has set out to eliminate any other Speedster who could be a threat to his rule.

To be fair, it's not that great a motive, but it's not like "I just wanna go home" is that much better. Especially since Thawne got screwed and he has nobody to blame but himself.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My opinion is based on the CW show. I like Reverse Flash a LOT more. He might actually be my favorite villain in any live-action superhero show/movie produced, they did such a fantastic job establishing his character and motivations it was almost unparalleled. And to top it off, his character was extremely intriguing and interesting. Zoom seems more menacing but I just can't see him being a season long villain unless they really explore his character more (I assume they will but who knows).

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@scouterv said:

Like being an amoral sociopath?

Hehe, yes you are correct there but he did have cool qualities. He was super smart and he was genuinely helping Barry and Co save many innocent life. After having met Barry and Co, he seem to really care about them. He cared about Barry. The character was very humanizing.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, Zoom. Just more of a threat and stomped a Barry who wasn't utilizing the jobberforce