Respect Unus, The Untouchable (Complete Respect Thread)

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Edited By ProfessorRespect
No Caption Provided

I can do this all day, buster!

Introduction

Meh, there's not much to say on this guy. He's like, a E tier X-Men villain with a pretty cool power to boot.

His friendship with Blob of all people was actually quite endearing, to be honest.

Database

No Caption Provided

Capabilities, even if it is a bit outdated. (Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #14)

No Caption Provided

This is basically the most updated database he has at the moment. (All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #12)

Durability (Without Kinetic Field)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Gets hit with the Iron Fist, sent right through a concrete wall, yet is completely fine. (Power Man and Iron Fist #90)

Kinetic Field

No Caption Provided

Blocks Beast and Iceman's attacks. This is apparently his "son" but this is pure speculation, as this has never been confirmed on panel. (Spider-Man and the X-Men #1)

No Caption Provided

Blocks Angel's attack (he was going so fast as to be perceived as a blur) and Cyclops's optic blasts. (X-Men #8)

No Caption Provided

Blocks the enchanted blade of Valkyrie. (Defenders #15)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Bounces Beast's best shots with ease., making him go flying. (X-Men #8)

No Caption Provided

Bounces multiple bullets. (X-Men #8)

No Caption Provided

Stops the force of Blob's (who's main power is allowing himself to become immoveable to other people) attack. Due to the nature of each of their powers, they couldn't move each other. (X-Men #20)

No Caption Provided

Casually walks through groups of people. (X-Men #20)

No Caption Provided

Despite blocking Karnak's blows, his shield becomes uncontrollable and he dies. This was, again, apparently the son of Unus, but considering that he came back just fine a few years later, I doubt this. (Son of M #6)

No Caption Provided

His shield could become so strong that air itself would move away from him, being able to blow back the Hulk. (Marvel Fanfare #7)

No Caption Provided

Knocks two guys out just by them crashing into it. (Power Man and Iron Fist #90)

No Caption Provided

No sells a bunch of Luke Cage's hits. (Power Man and Iron Fist #90)

No Caption Provided

Sends Doctor Samson flying with his powers. (Incredible Hulk Annual #11)

No Caption Provided

Samson later tries to put his full body weight against it by doing a dropkick, but this also has no effect.

No Caption Provided

Sends Luke cage flying with the force of his barrier. (Power Man and Iron Fist #90)

No Caption Provided

Takes the force of multiple punches and a full force charge from Hulk. (Marvel Fanfare #7)

Strength

No Caption Provided

Beats down a young Cyclops. (X-Men #39)

No Caption Provided

Pushes back a mutated Beast. (Amazing Adventures #13)

No Caption Provided

Breaks through Iceman's structures. (X-Men #8

No Caption Provided

Manhandles Cyclops with his strength. (X-Men #8)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Picks up and violently throws Iron Fist onto a brick wall, which basically gave him a concussion and knocked him out. (Power Man and Iron Fist #90))

No Caption Provided

Danny later states that the injury could have taken him out for weeks had he rested as normal.

Conclusion

Again, he's not got much, but his physical stats are interesting (somehow only being peak human, yet can throw around Iron Fist with one arm with ease) his Databook entry states that he can amp his body with his field, which would make him stronger and explain why he can do that, but no writer as of yet has stated this to be the case, making this likely a mistake on the writers, who perhaps thought he had super strength based on a misconception.

Sazzmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'll tell you something.

I'm not untouchable *wink wink*

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Huh, neat!

TourneyMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember this guy lol. Nice to see a obscure character get a respect thread.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AlphaQ

How did Karnak hurt him in that scan? Did he apply slight pressure to the guy's body on a pressure point to make him suffocate or did he make the shield go haywire?

And good stuff by the way.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq said:

How did Karnak hurt him in that scan? Did he apply slight pressure to the guy's body on a pressure point to make him suffocate or did he make the shield go haywire?

And good stuff by the way.

That's a interesting scan for a number of reasons.

It's been shown that Unus's shield negates nerve or pressure point attacks (like, Iron Fist tried doing it and it did nothing) so it seems that Karnak somehow managed to make the shield become unstable.

Karnak was also not trying to kill anyone during the fight, so it just seems like a unintentional side effect of Unus's powers brought on by Karnak's weakness detection.

Thanks for the compliment!

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sue wins. Unus's field is unstable at higher levels, and he can't do some of the stuff she can do (E.G fields around people, all that stuff) though blocking Hulk's strikes is pretty good.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember this guy lol. Nice to see a obscure character get a respect thread.

Thanks SFW

@sazzmi said:

I'll tell you something.

I'm not untouchable *wink wink*

2 much infomation

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nice thread. Just a quick question, how is this guy defeated? I remember Hulk killing him by punching him out but other than that how?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@noobmaster2001 said:

Nice thread. Just a quick question, how is this guy defeated? I remember Hulk killing him by punching him out but other than that how?

Beast beat him by enhancing his force field so much that he couldn't eat or drink anything.

Luke Cage and Iron Fist outsmarted him by Luke just holding him up by his force field and keeping him there until he turned it off.

Doc Samson actually came up with a genius idea in smashing the ground to make his force field bounce him upwards in response, and then continually doing that until he threatened to send him to space via the force field's momentum.

Usually Unus gets beat by smart thinking less so than brute force, because it'll usually not work at all.