- Name: Anthony Gambi
- Alias: Replicant
- Hometown: Central City, Ohio
- Teams: The Rogues
- Bio: Anthony Gambi spent most of his early life with his uncle, Paul Gambi, the tailor who worked on all of the Rogues' costumes in Keystone and Central City. Due to his upbringing, Anthony had an affinity for the Rogues, and felt like they were his family. When he witnessed Captain Boomerang receive life threatening injuries in a battle with The Flash (Walter West) he knew he had to contribute to the cause, somehow. He gained the chance when T.O. Morrow brought the Rogues the 'Humanifold' a device from the 28th century that could turn one of them into a living weapon. Anthony volunteered and became Replicant, one of the deadliest and most versatile of the Rogues.
Table of Contents
- Physical Attributes
As mentioned earlier, Anthony became Replicant with help from the other Rogues and T.O. Morrow using a futuristic, 28th century device known as the Humanifold. This happened in The Flash Secret Files #2 which also serves as Anthony's first appearance.
Here's a handbook entry from that same issue:
Now that we know a little about him, let's see what he can dish out.
2.0 Powers & Abilities
Replicant has the power to assimilate and imitate any weapon that he sees. The weapon does not need to be technological for him to assimilate it, as he has assimilated Doctor Alchemy's 'Philosopher Stone' which is a magical artifact.
He can absorb any weapon into his person for future use. The weapon is combined with his DNA so he essentially gains it as a power, not a piece of technology.
- The Flash Secret Files #2 - Copies Captain Cold's Cold Gun, Heat Wave's Flamethrower, Weather Wizard's Wand, Mirror Master's Mirror Gun(s), and Doctor Alchemy's Philosopher Stone.
- The Flash Secret Files #2 - Copies two simple police pistols.
- The Flash #155 - Copies Angle Man's Dimensional Angler.
- The Flash #155 - Copies Pied Piper's Sonic Gun.
- The Flash #155 - Copies a ton of weapons from Trickster's stash. This is the original Trickster, James Jesse.
Once a weapon has been absorbed it becomes one of his new powers & he can use it just the same as the original user would.
- The Flash Secret Files #2 - Uses transmutation via Dr. Alchemy's Philosopher Stone to transmute bullets into plutonium and rain into a deadly acid.
- The Flash Secret Files #2 - Fires several ice projectiles via Captain Cold's Cold Gun. Is able to tag Walter West (Wally West from another world) with one of them.
- The Flash Secret Files #2 - Uses weather manipulation to summon rain and lightning via Weather Wizard's Weather Wand.
- The Flash Secret Files #2 - Uses multiple powers at once; including; a heat scorch via Heat Wave's Flamethrower, a light reflection via Mirror Master's Mirror Gun, transmutes the air into chlorine gas via Dr. Alchemy's Philosopher Stone, and then summons a bunch of weather attacks via Weather Wizard's Weather Wand. He then uses Mirror Master's Mirror Technology to create an illusion that fools Walter West.
- The Flash #156 - Uses two weapons from the Trickster's arsenal. The Mentachem Wand allows him to reshape matter in it's natural form while The Blackrock disrupts neural systems. He is also now able to teleport due to the mirrors he's absorbed; either from Mirror Master or Trickster.
- The Flash #156 - Uses Mirror Master's technology to create an illusion/disguise that fools Walter West.
- The Flash #157 - Uses Angle Man's Dimensional Angler to track Flash wherever he goes; also uses Mirror Master's technology to create several life-like holograms.
- The Flash #157 - Uses Dr. Alchemy's Philosopher Stone to transmute air into chloroform; then uses Captain Cold's Cold Gun to freeze an entire river.
- The Flash #157 - Uses the Mentachem Wand to control water & fire.
- The Flash #158 - Absorbs Flash into his mirrored body; Walter is able to escape due to having full molecular control over his body, but still a noteworthy feat.
So he can manipulate matter in all forms (natural and in-organic), has total control over the elements, can teleport, create illusions/holograms, teleport, use his body as a dimensional prison, track people anywhere they go, disrupt neural systems, freeze things in absolute zero, and has deadly flame projectiles.
Y I K E S.
3.0 Physical Attributes
Replicant has limited showings for his strength/durability; but here's what he does have.
- The Flash Secret Files #2 - Is immune to bullets; tank'd 1000 punches from Walter West.
Replicant was only beaten when Pied Piper disguised a virus as a weapon for Replicant to absorb, thus Replicant took in a virus specifically created to defeat him. Plot device, you betcha.
Replicant really doesn't see much action outside of this single story arc. There is a version of him that appeared in Sideways #4 but he relied on a suit to copy weapons/powers and was killed by the end of the issue, so we likely won't see much of him in Rebirth.
It's a shame, he has an incredibly cool power and if he was given enough time and development probably would've had some more insane feats.
Oh well, enjoy the mini-thread. Replicant deserves it!